Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oberon Rework discussion and feedback (including feedback post prime time #161)

Rhaken

It's official, folks - Oberon is getting some much needed love very soon. I personally can't wait, as I was an Oberon main way back in Update 13, but have since moved on to the mighty Saryn - largely because Oberon felt a bit lackluster. Now that Scott has confirmed he's working on something, I figured it was time I finish this document that I've been brewing since early March.

Oberon is a sort of Paladin/Druid thing that suffers terribly from Jack of All Trades, Master of None. He also scales abysmally. This is quite sad, as some of his powers feel immensely satisfying. Hitting 4 and watching Oberon slam dunk every moron in the room made me fall in love with good ol' goatframe in the first place. So with that in mind, I've had me a set of ideas that'll tweak Oberon into a whole new machine - his powers will feel quite familiar, but will now be enhanced to the point where they might work well into endgame - or at least Sorties.

We'll be looking at Oberon as he currently stands, followed by my proposed tweaks. After that, we'll go over some builds for the new and (hopefully) improved Oberon.

Come, Tenno. Let's begin.

The Original

Smite: A solid first power. Initial target gets knocked down and irradiated, surrounding targets stagger and get a Puncture proc.

Augment: Smite Infusion: Gives an ally radiation damage. Scales with power strength, and still shoots the staggering orbs. Perfect.

Hallowed Ground: Also known as Hallowed Carpet. Cleanses allies and provides an armor buff that does basically nothing unless you're Chroma, and the buff goes away if you move out of the zone. The damage over time is also lackluster.

Augment: Hallowed Eruption: You sacrifice the ability to lay down more carpeting for the ability to deal Radiation procs to anything rude enough to stand on your shiny new carpet with their filthy boots. I like the concept, but I'm not a fan of actually using it.

Renewal: A wonky healing ability that leaves a bit to be desired. Drains your energy while it's active, stops working the moment you reach full health. A primary use for it, for me at least, is to pop into cover in an emergency and hit 3 to heal up. It's always nice to have, but other healing abilities in the game are far better - even things like Inaros's Devour or Nidus's Ravenous. Also, you can go make a cup of coffee while waiting for the cast animation to finish.

Augment: Phoenix Renewal: An instant revive that works once per person, and once per 90 seconds. The way I see it, that's a failsafe for squads with members that go down every 3 seconds for whatever reason.

Reckoning: SLAM DUNK. A decent CC ability, particularly with range. It's like Nyx's Chaos, but smaller and with a few seconds of guaranteed CC. Also provides a Radial Blind at the periphery. Damage doesn't scale particularly well, sadly.

Augment: Hallowed Reckoning: Oddly enough, the zones created by Hallowed Reckoning behave almost like you'd want Hallowed Ground to work - they provide a static armor buff that's actually rather significant. Now if only it stayed with you as you moved away.

Passive: We've all expressed our displeasure at this passive. It works on only one faction, only on certain planets of that faction, and even then all it does is provide frustration when the hyekkas running around at the end of a Defense wave take 20 additional seconds to dispose of because "they're on our side now". Also, Oberon is a paladin. His powers are based on the righteous fury of the light (in the form of vast amounts of Radiation), even if his fluff is about a connection to nature. Which is why I'd argue that even from a flavor perspective, his passive is lackluster. It doesn't seem likely that this walking dispenser of righteous fury would stop to spare an "innocent" Drahk or Hyekka that was trying to eat his face just moments earlier. Mess with the goat, you get the horns.

The Tweaks

Smite: Ain't broke. Don't fix.

Augment: Ain't broke. Don't fix.

Hallowed Ground: First and foremost: this thing should probably be round. Now to buff it into adequacy.

First, the effect on teammates: Hallowed Ground gives teammates additional armor based on Oberon's current armor. Furthermore, this buff does not fade when teammates leave Hallowed Ground. This way, allies can just step on the area, lose all status effects, and gain a decent armor buff without compromising mobility.

Now for enemies. The damage on Hallowed Ground is rather piddly. So instead of caring about damage, we can throw in some CC. Enemies standing on Hallowed Ground have a 50% chance per tic of getting a Blast proc or an Impact proc. With this change, Oberon can now control an entrance by laying down a Hallowed Ground and liberally applying standard firepower to anything that gets through his righteous flames.

Augment: Seems fine, even with the changes. Not sure it would be worth a slot in your loadout, but I'm sure someone far more creative than I would find a way.

Renewal: Let's kick it up a few notches. Once a Renewal Orb hits a target, that target receives a certain amount of 'healing points'. Whenever you take damage and you have healing points left, Renewal activates and starts healing you until either your health is back to full or you run out of healing points. Recasting sends out orbs to replenish healing points.

Augment: With these changes, Phoenix Renewal might actually deserve a place in your loadout. If I had to make a change, I'd remove the "once per person" limitation, but only after 180 seconds. If you keep getting downed, it's your own damn fault and Oberon isn't going to be auto-rescuing your behind every other minute.

Reckoning: Reckoning is good enough as is. Additional synergies would be nice, but not really necessary. One little thing I'd add purely for fun: enemies already affected by a Radiation proc have twice the blind radius.

Augment: One tiny change: the spawned zones would work as Hallowed Ground above. The armor buff stays with you for the duration.

Passive: Oberon is not a druid. Hasn't been for a very long time. All of his kit is centered around the powers of a paladin, except the passive. So let's change that. Oberon's new passive: Enemies struck by Oberon's powers have a chance to drop a health orb upon death. No, not if the power kills the enemy. As long as they were hit, they can spawn a health orb.

Why? It fits him. Oberon is what we DnD5 players would call an Oath of Ancients paladin: a cross between a druid and a paladin flavorwise. It also opens up a neat build avenue for a very niche mod that certain lunatics (like me) tend to enjoy. But we'll get to that in the Builds section.

Builds

OH BOY OH BOY. The Jack of All Trades comes with 3 builds, one for each slot. They may or may not be min-maxed to maximum possible effect, but they all seemed nice to me. I couldn't quite fit all 3 builds into the same polarity configuration just yet (maybe tomorrow I'll give it another go). Then again, you can just build more Oberons. Let's get into it, shall we?

Build 1: Support Oberon (3 forma)

This builds turns Oberon into a solid team player. Cast Smite Infusion on your squadmates to provide them with a solid damage buff. Lay down Hallowed Ground to control doorways. Use Renewal to keep everyone alive and Reckoning to create breathing room. Your healing should be quite strong with this build, and your damage buff will be massive. Stretch is there to give you enough range to control a sizeable area with both Hallowed Ground and Reckoning.

Build 2: CC Oberon (3 forma)

Power strength is for chumps. With this build, Oberon can control everything within 47.5 meters with SLAM DUNK. He can also do it quite often due to high efficiency. Equilibrium is there to take advantage of the pile of health orbs you'll be getting from that amount of CC. Hallowed Ground will also be gigantic, thus providing further area control. Renewal won't heal you for much due to negative power strength, but chances are it won't matter with the massive lockdown you can put out. Intensify is there purely to make Renewal worth something, just in case.

Build 3: Tank Oberon (4 forma)

Fans of Shield of Shadows Nekros will know the awesome power of Health Conversion on a frame that can spawn health orbs. Sadly, up until now, that's just Trinity (with an augment) and Nekros. I say Oberon gets in on the action. Steel Fiber provides survivability, Rage keeps you topped off, and high power strength increases the armor you get from Hallowed Ground. Activate Hallowed Ground for the buff, Smite a few enemies to let them spawn health orbs, grab that health for a massive armor boost. Phoenix Renewal becomes Defy's baby cousin. When surrounded, SLAM DUNK.

If Hallowed Ground's armor buff scales off Oberon's armor as well as power strength, then you can reach (150*2.1)+(150*2.1*2.0)+(450*3)=2295 armor, which amounts to 88.4% damage reduction. Add Renewal on top of that, and Oberon is now a facetanking abomination. Add a weapon with Guardian Derision if you want to feel like the true protector of the wild (and of your fellow Tenno).

A note on the auras: Swap out Energy Siphon for Corrosive Projection as needed. Oberon becomes quite power intensive with these builds. Growing Power was considered (thus saving a forma), but the bonus power comes only from status procs provided by weapons. If Warframe powers worked as well, that aura would be Oberon's best friend. Brief Respite would be a neat aura to try, but it's the only aura of its polarity so far.

Conclusion

With these changes, I'd like to think Oberon would be in a healthy spot. His 1 is still decent CC for the price, 2 is useful in CC builds, tank builds and support builds for different reasons, 3 is healing and therefore always good, and 4 remains as solid CC and breathing room. This leaves room for build variety, which can only be a good thing on the "Jack of All Trades" paladin frame.

Let me know what you all think of these ideas. If this little brainfart of mine gets really well received, I'll consider trying my hand at a couple other frames/mechanics that I feel could use some love. Hydroid, Zephyr, stealth and companion AI come to mind. I am by no means a professional game designer, but I'm a rather imaginative little engineer.

Cheers!

Just now, Weidro said:

making and publishing builds that even include forma for something that's about to be changed . . .
. . . you are weird OP

I most definitely am. The builds I posted are meant for Oberon under my rework, though. :P Not all the numbers would necessarily add up with what you see on the website, but it's still a convenient way to look at them. The builds aren't published on Warframe Builder either, I just hit export for the sake of this thread.

5 hours ago, (Xbox One)Demon Intellect said:

It sounds like this rework would still leave him in the trash where he is now. 

Well if you could provide actual detail other than some non informative general statement that would be awesome.  Because as far as constructive criticism goes, that comment is pretty trash.  Just saying.

So..I dont wanan step on anytoes...as a person who plays oberon for the paliden feel...Why not just make a new frame at this point? a proper Druid.
since you are essentially saying "delete oberon and make a different frame that LOOKS like oberon but isnt"

cuz to me oberon will always be the paladin (he can keep his fae/fairy look and still be a paladin...i dont THINK thats exclusive)
but with all this work youve put into it its not longer Oberon (the warframe.) and its someone else almost.

not to be rude or anything. Just thats what I see here (Its not bad though. Id play that frame and I do see were the skills 'branched' from the orig skills.)

4 hours ago, lihimsidhe said:

Well if you could provide actual detail other than some non informative general statement that would be awesome.  Because as far as constructive criticism goes, that comment is pretty trash.  Just saying.

Butthurt much? Nothing about him would be changing,  his one would actually be worse, him 2 would be garbage because the fairies would die instantly on even low mid tier stuff, and his 4 would actually be worse.

17 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Demon Intellect said:

Butthurt much? Nothing about him would be changing,  his one would actually be worse, him 2 would be garbage because the fairies would die instantly on even low mid tier stuff, and his 4 would actually be worse.

Nah.  I'm glad you think so highly of yourself to think you can inflict the butthurt status.  In reality just pointing out your vague statements.  As such, you still haven't provided enough detail.  Do what makes you happy though.  :)

3 hours ago, Ordosan said:

since you are essentially saying "delete oberon and make a different frame that LOOKS like oberon but isnt"

That's not what I'm saying at all.  Feel free to copy and paste where I have said that.  There are PLENTY of sources I pulled from with the most relevant being DE_Scott's latest on Oberon's rework progress.  The basic foundation of this rework follows those guidelines.  There is no hard and fast rules for fan made reworks.  Oberon has multiple themes.  I picked the one that appeals to me the most.  Everything else to back up why has either been stated in this thread or on /r/warframe.

I'm glad you play Oberon for the paladin feel.  However we are not all the same.  

8 hours ago, lihimsidhe said:

That's not what I'm saying at all.  Feel free to copy and paste where I have said that.  There are PLENTY of sources I pulled from with the most relevant being DE_Scott's latest on Oberon's rework progress.  The basic foundation of this rework follows those guidelines.  There is no hard and fast rules for fan made reworks.  Oberon has multiple themes.  I picked the one that appeals to me the most.  Everything else to back up why has either been stated in this thread or on /r/warframe.

I'm glad you play Oberon for the paladin feel.  However we are not all the same.  

Its your entire posts. You took oberon based on his name. and made a brand new frame based on that. Thats why I said. you are better off with a new frame. a proper druid frame that isnt already considered the paladin.

hence why i said what I said.

3 hours ago, Ordosan said:

Its your entire posts. You took oberon based on his name. and made a brand new frame based on that. Thats why I said. you are better off with a new frame. a proper druid frame that isnt already considered the paladin.

hence why i said what I said.

If you can't be more specific, I can't help you man.  Best.

Some changes to Oberon will be nice. But after playing with him recently during high level missions & with 0 forma on him. He was kicking butt!! Ran all sorties solo with a 0 zero forma Oberon. So in all honesty I used the majority of his powers & I had no issues. Maybe some buffs to current abilities, some tweaks & bam we got Bambi older bother

If his powers aren't changing, here's some things I'd suggest.

Passive: Enemies that Oberon procs with radiation emit a short-range blind around them for 3 meters, including the target.

1. Smite: Unchanged, would get enough of a buff from the passive suggested.

2. Hallowed Ground: A community suggestion that has existed for ages, don't make Hallowed Ground static. Make it a circle around Oberon that follows him. Enemies inside are extra susceptible to radiation procs, and allies inside deal extra radiation damage.

3. Renewal: This one I struggle with, but I'll toss out some ideas. If the target is within hallowed ground, allow it to start reviving the target. This would allow an oberon player to focus on staying alive while also contributing to revival of allies, striking a balance between offense and defense, so long as the oberon stayed near enough to the ally to keep them within range of hallowed ground.  Most importantly, don't stop Renewal if the target is fully healed.

4. Reckoning: Deal more damage the more targets it afflicts. Targets afflicted by radiation procs take bonus damage.

What ever they choose to do i just hope that he scales better.......... im not good with the idea department but i love playing oberon and altough i do not care what others think... it is tiring hearing people complain about me using oberon sometimes

Edited by xPhantomStranga

8 hours ago, xPhantomStranga said:

What ever they choose to do i just hope that he scales better.......... im not good with the idea department but i love playing oberon and altough i do not care what others think... it is tiring hearing people complain about me using oberon sometimes

Same here! I mop the floor with Oberon and I really love his design and powers! There is a but though... He just isn't good at crowd-control except for his #4. 

The radiation procs are great, but they often result in those now confused enemies still shooting me, especially at higher levels. I stated before that the problem I face when I run Oberon is as I'm damaging one enemy, two others are up close shooting or hitting me! 

On 4/16/2017 at 4:49 PM, lihimsidhe said:

Official Oberon Trailer

Oberon Wiki

This topic is also located on /r/warframe and Steam Community.

Credit is given to past and present contributors. If you put something awesome in the comments, it’s going in the OP and you’ll be cited for it

At the bottom of this OP is an Oberon Rework and Reference Index.

DE_Scott’s Latest on Oberon: “We can't go into detail, but we are prototyping the changes now. His powers are not changing (no new powers), we're taking the existing powers and finding synergies and combos within those powers."

Oberon's primary issues are his unfocused theme and the lack of a unified theme to unite his ability set.

Theme

“He’s a woodland defender that uses radiation??” (AGGP, 10:55)

Streamline His Theme.  According to the Codex description, Oberon is focused on balance.  If you ask players you might hear Oberon is Warframe’s paladin class.  If you research the term Oberon itself you’ll come to learn Oberon is the king of the faeries.  In short, Oberon’s theme needs focus.

That focus will begin with the description for his deluxe skin (Feyarch Skin) on our Wiki, “The skin's name, Feyarch, appears to be a combination of the Late Middle English term fay, meaning "fairy," and the Greek suffix -arch, meaning "ruler" or "king." Together, the name would be "Fairy King," a fitting title to both Oberon's namesake (Oberon is the king of the fairies in medieval literature) and his theme as a dryad.

Replace Oberon Drops with Equivalent Credit Drops. In some player’s eyes, the fact that Oberon is so utterly common is something that detracts from his uniqueness and appeal.  He’s the generic Warframe because people are literally tripping over his common drops.  Combat that by resigning him from utter ubiquitousness.  Put in him the Tenno Lab, a junction, or even as a starter frame instead.  Also credit drops work better with credit boosters.

Abilities

I feel like it’s a kit that has been put together to work but not necessarily put together to fit any kind of theme.” (AGGP, 11:33).  This sentiment filtered through DE_Scott’s latest statements fitting in as much theme and flavor as I could.

#0 Passives

Fey's Gift. If an enemy is within a minor distance of Oberon when it dies, that enemy has a minor chance to drop a health orb. (TheGrimmrock)

Wooden. This is a status unique to Oberon. His #1 (Disfavor) and #4 (Unseelie Reckoning) proc the wooden status at 100% chance. Here's how it works.

When an enemy receives a wood proc, it moves slower, looses accuracy, and takes on a wooden appearance. The more wooden procs are stacked on an enemy, the higher its wooden value becomes and the more pronounced their wooden state becomes.

At a certain threshold, an enemy is considered completely wooden. While fully wooden, affected enemies are immobile, do not attack, lose a massive amount of their shields, armor, and resistances.

The wooden status decays in intensity over time. For a completely wooden enemy to revert to normal will take a moderate amount of time while the enemy regains its normal speed, appearance, etc. An enemy only barely affected by wooden will revert to normal in a minor amount of time.

All inspired by this passage from Wikipedia, “Any form of sudden death might stem from a fairy kidnapping, with the apparent corpse being a wooden stand-in with the appearance of the kidnapped person.”

#1 - Disfavor. Oberon projects a high velocity sprite from his hand at any point in the environment or on an enemy. When Disfavor collides with the environment or an enemy, it creates a moderately sized AoE. Enemies caught within this AoE take a minor amount of damage and have a minor amount added to their wooden value. (TheGrimmrock)

After the initial Disfavor AoE expires, a minor amount of sprites spawn at the point of collision. These sprites will persist for a minor time period before they expire. If enemies come within range of these sprites before they expire, these sprites will home in on these enemies. (FatherNapingElk)

If these sprites collided with the enemy or environment, they self-detonate creating a minorly sized AoE. Enemies caught within this AoE take a minor amount of damage and have a minor amount added to their wooden value.

Enemies killed by Disfavor will emit a massive, spherical, AoE. All enemies within this AoE take minor damage and have a minor amount added to their wooden value.

#2 - Ruse.  Upon cast, Oberon creates a moderately sized, sphere AoE that follows Oberon as he moves.  All environmental surfaces within this AoE will become bathed in a verdurous energy.  Oberon and allies receive the following two benefits while in this AoE:

• Players gain status immunity.

• Players gain a minor amount of health gating.

By recasting Ruse while Ruse is active, Ruse vanishes in an explosion and procs blast to all enemies within it’s AoE.

Any time Ruse’s AoE is in contact with Seelie’s Boon AoE, Ruse will heal all allies within it’s AoE by minor amount.

#3 - Seelie’s Boon. Oberon will create x, flying, sprites where x is the amount of allies present in mission + Oberon that do not already have Sprites.  These sprites will each be assigned a target player and will fly in an invincible state to the player (Deadlyxelement).  These Sprites radiate a small AoE. Players receive the following 3 benefits while in the sprite’s AoE:

• Player’s health is regenerated at a moderate amount per second.  This regeneration can exceed the player’s max health by a minor amount.

• Downed allies have their bleedout timer massively extended.

• When attached to a player, sprites behave as if they had vacuum equipped.

A minor time after a Sprite reaches its target, it will lose its invincible state.  These Sprites will have a minor amount of health.  As long as the Sprite is alive, it will continue to reward its buffs to its target player.

#4 - Unseelie Reckoning.  All enemies within range are blasted up in the air a moderate distance by verdant energy and take minor damage.  If an enemy is airborne, for whatever reason, and within range of Reckoning, that enemy is pulled by verdant energy slamming them into the ground for moderate damage.

Both the blasts upwards and the downward slams proc the wooden status.

If an enemy is killed by Unseelie Reckoning while completely wooden, that enemy will drop a minor amount of health.

Oberon Rework and Reference

FatherNapingElk. Author of “Oberon Rework”. Warframe.com, Feb 23, 2016.
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/613178-oberon-rework/

Deadlyxelement. Author of “A real Oberon rework”. Reddit.com, May 22 2016.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/4khn39/a_real_oberon_rework/

“Warframe Reworks: Oberon, The Hallowed Guardian” YouTube, uploaded by Brozime, Oct 13, 2016.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feuxyfPEMCg

Server.  Author of “Oberon: Rework Concept” Warframe.com, March 19 2017.

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/774841-oberon-rework-concept/

brutallama. Author of “Oberon, the Paladin, the Master of the Grove: a two-pronged rework concept”. April 7 2017, Reddit.com.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/63z40z/oberon_the_paladin_the_master_of_the_grove_a/

“Warframe: Revisiting Oberon, Who Even Are You!? [thedailygrind]” YouTube, uploaded by AGGP, Jan 9, 2017.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0Fx7s2owek

M37h3w3. Author of “DE: Oberon's rework needs more than just synergies and a new passive” Reddit.com, Apr 15 2017.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/65ktj3/de_oberons_rework_needs_more_than_just_synergies/

TheGrimmrock. Commented on "Aggregated Oberon Rework" Reddit.com, Apr 17 2017.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/65rekh/aggregated_oberon_rework/dgd2cih/

Bluntly. I think these ideas aren't very well thought out and not at all in keeping with the quote from DEScott. 

This is Oberon, the mystic, the willful. 

Once thought an ancient myth, he upholds balance on the battlefield. Oberon's abilities can protect his allies and obliterate his foes.

Smite, causes instantaneous damage to its target while also forming projectiles that seek out nearby enemies, damaging any that come into contact. Irradiated enemies take deadly damage from this ability.

Blind your enemies before you strike,

Hallowed Ground, surrounds Oberon with a mystic aura that blinds nearby enemies and deals harmful radiation while providing added armor and immunity to status effects for Oberon and his teammates. The more enemies on the battlefield the stronger Oberon's will and armor become. 

Renewal, fight longer and harder Tenno. Renewal emits rejuvenating projectiles that seek out allies, instantly healing a large portion of health and replenishing further health over time as long as it remains active. Oberon re-purposes Health Orbs while renewal is active, using them to increase ability strength and duration instead of health. 

Decimate the battlefield,

In the heat of battle Reckoning lifts enemies up and slams them to the ground. As a result, any eliminated foes have a chance to drop much needed health orbs. Surviving the drop leaves enemies weakened and confused, dispatching them quickly will further your chances for health orbs. 

Oberon's reach on the battle field can be increased by using mods. 

All of Oberon's powers benefit from Efficiency mods.

Strength mods will increase the damage dealt or armor and health given from all of his abilities, as well as the chance for Hallowed Ground to cause a blind effect.

Adding Range mods will increase the speed of Renewal's projectiles and the radius that Smite, Hallowed Ground and Reckoning affect.

Duration mods will reduce the energy used to maintain Hallowed Ground and increase the duration of Renewal, as well as all of Oberon's Blind effects.

Oberon is an adept and honorable warrior, Tenno. Are you?

Specifics: 

Spoiler

Passive:

* Beastmaster. (30m range)
* Embrittlement: Strong ionizing Radiation causes Radiation proc's to temporarily reduce enemy armor by x% (30m Range) 

Smite: 

* Deals finisher damage to enemies affected by reckoning.

Hallowed Ground:

* Channeled Aura.
* x% damage reduction. Plus x.x% additional armor per enemy in range. 
* x% chance to blind enemies in range for x seconds.  
* x.x% Damage Multiplier to irradiated enemies in range. 

Renewal:

* No longer drains energy while active.
* Flat duration based. More duration = longer heal time.
* Continues functioning after target reaches full health. No over-health given.
* Increases bleed-out timer to flat 30s on downed teammates and does not reset while active.
* Picking up Health orbs while renewal is active does not provide health but instead increases ability damage and duration by x% while renewal is active.

Reckoning: 

* Enemies surviving initial reckoning slam now have a chance to drop health orbs if killed within x Seconds.  

Edited by BeardyKyle
The lotus had bad grammar tonight.

that's too much work for health orbs to drop to actually make the ability functional, and we know how low of a chance health orbs drops. now my question is will a mod like equilibrium have any meaningful assistance to this. really would like to enjoy my second favorite frame.

Info from PrimeTime...

1. Smite: Damage of orbs emitted is affected by target's health (Scaling damage).
  2. Hallowed Ground: Cone AoE now, range mods changes the angle of cone (and maybe outward range?), is a buff in range at base. Completely reworked fx (Not done yet). Very high radiation proc chance.
  3. Renewal: Wave based rather than Projectiles (Like Nova's Molecular Prime). If standing on Hallowed Ground it will also give you an armor buff for the duration. Still stops healing once full and is still duration based.
  4. Reckoning: Deals bonus damage to irradiated enemies. Enemies standing on Hallowed Ground will have an armor reduction based on their level (scaling damage)

Some ability cast times have been reduced.

Passive: Allied Kavats and Kubrows have decreased cooldown on abilities and have one free revive.

Augments will probably change but no info at the moment.

ETA: Pretty Soon (Hopefully April)

Seems pretty good to me, although Renewal still seems very... meh (shouldn't stop healing once you reach max health IMO). Wave based almost feels like a nerf...

Edit: The more I think about it, the worse it seems. Smite was honestly fine as it was being one of the better 25 energy abilities in the game (solid CC). Hallowed Ground is okay, I guess. Renewal... sigh, this should really be Oberon's bread and butter but it is being left in the dust again. Oberon COULD be an alternative to healing, but being Duration based and stopping at max health makes it pretty much useless. Oh, and now it has a (very) limited range. Just take off the duration and max health cap off and you would have an ability to compare to Blessing. And Reckoning... eh, the reworked version seems fine. It is a pretty good CC ability and the armor debuff will be a nice addition.

TL;DR of that: Just buff Renewal and call it a day.

Edited by DrBorris

5 minutes ago, ranks21 said:

that's too much work for health orbs to drop to actually make the ability functional, and we know how low of a chance health orbs drops. now my question is will a mod like equilibrium have any meaningful assistance to this. really would like to enjoy my second favorite frame.

I think health orbs are fairly common without an ability giving you an extra roll at getting them. Not to mention if you have Pilferoid and Nekros in a squad. Let's say even as solo it wouldn't be that hard get a lot of orbs going with a high duration and range build.

Equilibrium would function the same, as would health conversion. 

Looks fine on paper. I hope they address Renewal's bleedout extension ending when the heal duration ends. You build for Power Duration the heal duration is reduced, the bleedout extension time is increased, yet it ends when healing stops?