Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Great News Everyone: DE Has Decided What Endgame Is

Music4Therapy

Endgame = Endless, and here is proof. Edit: Rather, all frames will scale with enemies.

Look at the last 2 frames and the Oberon/Limbo rework.

1) Nidus scales infinitely defensively due to invulnerability+stack mechanic. Kit has great synergy. Top tier frame.

2) Octavia's mallet does damage based on enemy damage, thus scales infinitely. If Octavia's mallet ability was released a year ago, it would more like this: "Does 200 damage per second in an area. Damage scales with power stength" Kit also has great synergy. Top tier frame.

3) Limbo does damage based on enemy health now. Kit has great synergy. Top tier frame, insane levels of CC.

4) They plan on doing the same with Oberon's kit according to the latest primetime, #161.

Don't be surprised when every frame gets touched up this way.

Edited by Music4Therapy

weeeeeell i would say sorties are kind of endgame as they are both high lvl and with somewhat insane modifiers that u need to mod for like shield buffs, super armor (god i hate this so much!!!) physical and elemental resistances that can make half of the guns obsolete depending on which is applied and finally LVL 100 EXIMUS STRONGHOLDS WHO DESIGNED THIS HELL PIT???!!!!!

Nidus doesn't scale infinitely.

Octavia is boring as hell.

9 minutes ago, Music4Therapy said:

3) Limbo does damage based on enemy health now. Kit has great synergy. Top tier frame, insane levels of CC.

This was just fixed nerfed.

One a live discord chat a few months ago, Rebecca said that endgame is supposed to be tied with community. Hopefully clan activities and new dark sectors will become the endgame part of the game. And, hopefully, the endless scaling of enemies will be fixed so that no frame has to scale along to be considered useful.

Edited by Raniu
I derp'd

Just now, Raniu said:

Nidus doesn't scale infinitely.

Octavia is boring as hell.

This was just fixed.

Wrong, irrelevant, and wrong.

1) Wrong. If Nidus has 15 stacks, you can hit him for 999 trillion damage. He won't die. This is called infinite scaling.

2) Irrelevant.

3) Wrong. Limbo's damage is still based on enemy health, only now it's average health rather than total health and scales with size of the Cataclysm.

Just now, Music4Therapy said:

3) Wrong. Limbo's damage is still based on enemy health, only now it's average health rather than total health and scales with size of the Cataclysm.

Yeah, just read the notes :S

1 minute ago, Music4Therapy said:

1) Wrong. If Nidus has 15 stacks, you can hit him for 999 trillion damage. He won't die. This is called infinite scaling.

Hm.

I agree. Add Volt to the list too though.

10 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

Adding a bit of scaling does not mean they've decided what endgame is.

Yeah, if you consider infinite scaling "a bit of scaling" then power to you. You still believe the intended endgame is supposed to be sorties when that content is made trivial by proper mod setups on solid weapons?

I call bs. DE has already stated that it is implementing Damage 3.0 in stages, I'm betting they are going to make every frame scale this way then rework the enemies of the different factions. With everything being changed to % numbers and damage taking time to ramp up (Nidus, Octavia's Mallet, and Limbo's Cataclysm all have ramp up times) just watch as this theme continues.

5 minutes ago, Music4Therapy said:

Yeah, if you consider infinite scaling "a bit of scaling" then power to you. You still believe the intended endgame is supposed to be sorties when that content is made trivial by proper mod setups on solid weapons?

I call bs. DE has already stated that it is implementing Damage 3.0 in stages, I'm betting they are going to make every frame scale this way then rework the enemies of the different factions. With everything being changed to % numbers and damage taking time to ramp up (Nidus, Octavia's Mallet, and Limbo's Cataclysm all have ramp up times) just watch as this theme continues.

why do u make it sound negative? scaling via enemy health reduces the amount of people that cry in star map for not getting kills (pointless)

and it helps newer players do longer runs since they do not need all sorts of rare mods due to scaling dmg

7 minutes ago, Music4Therapy said:

That doesn't mean it's endgame.

10 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

That doesn't mean it's endgame.

Very true. There is a thread that has garnered much popularity about the lack of scaling in the game, and this thread is here to show that DE recognizes that some frames have issues scaling to late game and are being looked at. We can also be happy knowing that any frame released in the future will share a similar concept in terms of scalability.

Edited by Music4Therapy

Dont really see why scaling is necessary or even needed for 90% of the games content. If anything it just feels like DE are pandering to the community with the scaling thing. Cc was is and will always be king while the enemies still get perma locked by it anyway. 

Everyone knows real endgame they make content for is fashionframe anyway. Soon they'll probably add an instagram filters set for captura with how much its publisized. 

39 minutes ago, Music4Therapy said:

They also said that they have given up completely in Damage 3.0

It's not endgame, and no frame should scale indefinitely with enemy level, otherwise the point of endless missions - the enemy becoming  eventually so powerful that there's no way to win - will get completely negated. Staying in the same god forsaken mission for hours and just watching enemy levels increase while doing the same exact thing is not endgame, and thank the lord that DE realized this when they nuked how the void works.

3 hours ago, Music4Therapy said:

It may scale but that scaling is irrelevant now. 10% avarage health is nothing.

3 hours ago, Gurpgork said:

Endless sounds like a really bad balance point for endgame if you ask me. You can't balance infinity. 

Technically you can. IF you add percentage based damage it will scale infinietly.

2 hours ago, Fallen_Echo said:

Technically you can. IF you add percentage based damage it will scale infinietly.

Then what's the point of even having enemy scaling? If we can negate enemy levels by nuking everything with percentage based abilities, then what's the point of enemies increasing in stats? And don't mention the possibility of one-shots, because Warframe still has numerous mapwide disables that pretty much eliminate that aspect of enemy scaling as well. 

Warframe would be better with an absolute, concrete balance point for endgame. Then we can have flat damage abilities without them being completely irrelevant in endgame, and we wouldn't need crutches like permanent hard CC.