Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PC Tenno, Was Oberon buffed, nerfed or just a reworked side grade or what?

(XBOX)SweatyPick3L

Question

Buffed.

Everything he has was given more utility and/or damage. Of course the simulacrum kiddies who never played him before, anyway, are going to whine about supposed lower damage numbers and lack of usefulness, but they do that with everything.

Just now, Fliktor06 said:

His Hallowed Ground currently has no animation I think.  Something doesn't feel right but not sure what.  Needs more time to discover.

I also am getting no animation for Hallowed Ground, perhaps it didn't make it with the update and will be addressed later. I was surprised its doing the same damage though as it was supposed to get a damage boost.

1 minute ago, Urlan said:

I also am getting no animation for Hallowed Ground, perhaps it didn't make it with the update and will be addressed later. I was surprised its doing the same damage though as it was supposed to get a damage boost.

It's a bug, it doesn't show up if the particles setting is on low (not that it's that visible to start with).

And if you have it on low because of performance you won't want to see it, as it kills performance a bit too much.

2 minutes ago, Chipputer said:

Buffed.

Everything he has was given more utility and/or damage. Of course the simulacrum kiddies who never played him before, anyway, are going to whine about supposed lower damage numbers and lack of usefulness, but they do that with everything.

I haven't got a chance to use him yet since update, but I don't see how this can be seen as anything but a buff. I even saw someone make a whole thread about how the rework "feels like a nerf"... like, what? 

The only thing I'm not entirely sure about is how Renewal works now, the patch notes explained a lot but Renewal can be complicated with the inverse duration mechanics, I am going to need to test it to find out. I heard someone complaining about the duration mechanics somewhere, so I am not sure if it is different from before, or if it someone who previously never used Oberon and is just trying them out and finding him to not be as OP as they would like him to be. 

Just now, Tesseract7777 said:

I haven't got a chance to use him yet since update, but I don't see how this can be seen as anything but a buff. I even saw someone make a whole thread about how the rework "feels like a nerf"... like, what? 

The only thing I'm not entirely sure about is how Renewal works now, the patch notes explained a lot but Renewal can be complicated with the inverse duration mechanics, I am going to need to test it to find out. I heard someone complaining about the duration mechanics somewhere, so I am not sure if it is different from before, or if it someone who previously never used Oberon and is just trying them out and finding him to not be as OP as they would like him to be. 

It's them trying him and him not being as OP as they want him to be. The duration works the exact same way it did before but it just doesn't shut off at max HP anymore. Literally any build you were running before can be run just fine now.

Just now, Chipputer said:

It's them trying him and him not being as OP as they want him to be. The duration works the exact same way it did before but it just doesn't shut off at max HP anymore. Literally any build you were running before can be run just fine now.

Thanks for the info, that definitely is good news. At first I was wondering if something actually had changed there, but it was just the grousing of noberons who tried him out only because of the rework. 

Just now, Tesseract7777 said:

Thanks for the info, that definitely is good news. At first I was wondering if something actually had changed there, but it was just the grousing of noberons who tried him out only because of the rework. 

Yeah, I've already run into quite a few posers while trying out all the ins and outs of the rework, in game. I knew it was going to happen. It'll happen again when Oberon Prime comes out.

Overall it is a buff but it doesn't make him a top tier frame but he is a hella lot better and makes a great support frame giving out additional armour (means he give + armour instead of a % of armour) armour

Edited by Nazzami

Is a buff, it doesn't make it a top tier frame or a meta frame but is better than before, it can give a flat base armor buff(mine gives 472 of armor) which it can increase the survival of squishy frames that have low armor and last the entire heal duration+ his own duration(my heal last like 10 seconds and the armor buff last 27 seconds on mine, which in total last 37 seconds on my build) also the heal only drains energy while is healing, if is not healing but still last in the ally or you it doesn't drain energy while active, his 4 armor debuff is a bit lame in mid-high tier though but still is good, its feel more powerful than before.

Edited by chofranc

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Oreic-Reynier said:

Any base stat changes? 

If you mean the stats of Oberon himself (like armor, health) and not his ability stats, then no, they have not changed. However, there is a very good chance Oberon Prime will be next, and I am sure he will be getting some stat upgrades. 

25 minutes ago, (Xbox One)FCastle74 said:

Was excited about this rework..now there are Oberon nerfed threads popping up..so not so sure anymore... what happened to Oberon? Did he get buffed or nerfed or what?

You can always read the patch notes and check yourself, doesn't take much to understand how abilities worked before and how they work now.

Sinergy was achieved, he gained some CC, the abilities have better uses and the 4th remained that quick casting cc ability that many like, i say he is better, but it is YOU who needs to figure it out.

He was not buffed. Not nerfed either, but definitely not buffed. The changes were too small and inconsequential to provide any tangible benefits at a practical level. DE is scared to death of giving him any actual, meaningful buffs, so he instead got paper 'buffs' that do nothing in reality. He isn't any better suited to any higher tier of play than he was before. As soon as you get into anything even slightly difficult it's the same Reckoning -> crawl around on the ground for a finisher garbage that it was before. His heal is still terrible, and the armor buffs are still miniscule when compared to incoming damage.

In short, Oberon is still crap. Yeah, you can drive a turd around a racetrack, but it's still a turd.

7 minutes ago, KIREEK said:

Sinergy was achieved, he gained some CC, the abilities have better uses and the 4th remained that quick casting cc ability that many like, i say he is better, but it is YOU who needs to figure it out.

The problem is that various people are running around shouting "oh they secretly nerfed the damage or something" in various ways, implying that DE, for no reason at all, nerfed his damage on random stuff and didn't tell anyone, while at the same time many people who play him a lot say that his damage isn't his main draw. Basically your average forum assume-all-changes-are-nerfs weirdos spreading random info of dubious factuality.

Only by playing you'll see how it feels for you.

(Just saying press 2 and then 3 and the entire squad gets flat armor bonus of 200 with no power strength mods)

(Also the heal feels stronger I was overhealing a bunch of corrupted 40s while immune to procs that was nice)

(But the heal has pretty short duration)

Patch notes: shows buffs

I might have to play around when I get home,  but it seems like there might be some nuances beside straight additions. Damage spread on smite needs significant testing to really understand it. That'll be my focus. 

Aa for the players that called it a nerf not even five minutes after the patch dropped,  they'll literally call anything a nerf if it means they get to start a DE hate train, or the very least use the term "stealth nerf" when it's clearly a bug.  Do your own extensive testing. Sorties can be replayed, kuva floods are as close to endgame as possible.  Use simulacrum to test interactions and hopefully find bugs to get fixed.  Might be a good couple weeks until someone figures out the new Oberon stuff and gives a comprehensive guide. 

1 hour ago, God_is_a_Cat_Girl said:

It's a bug, it doesn't show up if the particles setting is on low (not that it's that visible to start with).

And if you have it on low because of performance you won't want to see it, as it kills performance a bit too much.

I figured it was something of a bug, but if its tied to performance settings, that sounds more like a deliberate change over, I guess we will see what comes of it.