The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Design Council Challenge Discussion and Feedback

MrM1

Just now, (PS4)A_SimpleName said:

It's a high level Infested. You should be expecting/prepping for a Juggernaut at any high level Infested missions. 

It's a high level Infested mission, yes, but it was not a normal high level infested mission that warns you when a Juggernaut is nearby and lets you choose if you want to fight it or not. This was just "Hey, here's a ten wave defense mission against high level infested that you can only fight with your melee! Have fun! ...Oh, and here's a completely random level 120 Juggernaut with absolutely no warning! Hope you brought a cheese tactic to deal with it!"

33 minutes ago, Marine027 said:

*community screams for challnge, alert pops with one hard part in it, community crys salt*

FflohQi.gif

i liked the challenge kept my team on its toes and we had to improvise to kill using a mix of our operators powers, specters and our powers it was a fun challenge.

3 minutes ago, Hap-muhr said:

I'm an ófficial founder, I want to opt out of the design council that spawned this abomination of a mission. This is just stupid.

No seriously, if you guys think this is a challenge AND NOT A GODDAMN GEARCHECK you're mistaken. This is 100% failcake.

Agreed. Gear-check, and also possibly Focus-check, depending on your chosen gear.

2 minutes ago, Fukushu said:

Oh, and here's a completely random level 120 Juggernaut with absolutely no warning! Hope you brought a cheese tactic to deal with it!"

And is it really that painful to do the mission again with the appropriate build? 

My only issue. is I wish they would of Told us on the alert, there would be a juggernaut. went in with normal frame, killed crap got down to last wave boom death. only took off 5% of its hp.

This isnt worth redoing for a catalyst. i've got 20 of em. soo yeah. was a nice "Challenge" but no. and to top it off. my damn clan emblem got denied.

2 minutes ago, Fukushu said:

It's a high level Infested mission, yes, but it was not a normal high level infested mission that warns you when a Juggernaut is nearby and lets you choose if you want to fight it or not. This was just "Hey, here's a ten wave defense mission against high level infested that you can only fight with your melee! Have fun! ...Oh, and here's a completely random level 120 Juggernaut with absolutely no warning! Hope you brought a cheese tactic to deal with it!"

Exactly. 

4 minutes ago, Marine027 said:

something with a challenge

Let me just laugh loudly in your face. What makes you think OHKOs and tens of millions of EHP demand any kind of skill from a player to beat? All it does it narrow down options of engagement, and then not even consistently. Armor removal is king? Why don't all frame abilities that can do this affect the enemy?

What it does is highlight how poorly frames that even share similar areas of expertise are balanced. If a mission can be easily beaten ten times easier with one out of 30+ frames, that doesn't make it challenging. It makes it badly designed.

I noticed a lot of people have problems with this. Since this is less helping newbies and more covering current events, I'll post this here and mods can move it as they see fit. That said, let's get started.

This alert can actually be cripplingly easy if you prepare properly. To succeed, you'll need a Nidus and a Kavat. One of the Kavat's skills, sharpened claws, makes the juggernaut at the very end absolutely trivial, since it can strip all of its armor immediately.

Throughout the game, just keep doing what you normally do with Nidus, spamming tentacles and virulence to get that mutation stack nice and high, but don't use it for your ultimate. Save it for the very end when the juggernaut appears. When it does, charge in recklessly, using your undying passive to let you get and stay within melee range at no cost to yourself. Pack leader will keep your kavat nice and healthy from your melee spams, and eventually, it will connect with sharpened claws. Once he's dead, enjoy your victory and blue potato crew!

Oh, and by the way, design council? Finished this challenge in just under half an hour. I'm ready for the next thing ;)

11 minutes ago, Marine027 said:

*community screams for challange, alert pops with one hard part in it, community crys salt*

FflohQi.gif

My issue is I find the Juggernaut an incredibly broken enemy to fight. Unless you have a juggernaut in mind, you get completely screwed. Wish I knew I was wasting my time with the rest of the mission. You can make salt jokes but I'm here to make a valid criticism.

This mission is horrible -.- I enjoy high level content, but this is a stupid @$$ gimick. They're basicaly telling to take Excallibur or GTFO unless you want to spend half an hour beaming the juggernaught with the operator.

Umbra incoming.

13 minutes ago, Marine027 said:

*community screams for challange, alert pops with one hard part in it, community crys salt*

FflohQi.gif

This wasn't a challenge, this was a challenged mission. Catch my drift?

Edited by Acersecomic