Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What are the worst weapons in Warframe?

mosaickle

To me, it's not really the worst ones but more like the ones that keep me off or making me sad:

Aesthetically:

• most of the Infested/Mutalist series: Mutalist Quanta, Mutalist Cernos (but at least it has a skin), Paracyst, Hema, Phage, Embolist, Tysis, Dual Toxocyst -- no matter how good some of them can be, I just can't stand their design.
  • Flux Rifle -- ohhh... my favourite weapon and yet I don't like the look of it. I really hope they will re-design it.
  • Boltace -- way too edgy and spiky for me.
  • Cephalon Corp. SPamulors and Heliocors -- to me their look is a bit out of place and way too toy-ish.
  • A certain part of Azima and Zenith: a «horn» on top of them, I get it it's probably a reference to «sundial», but they aren't looking great.

Mechanically:

• Spearguns --  I just wish we had a Melee Spear we could throw. I like their design and their idle-animations, but the fact it's a gun... duh. Also, it's sad we can't use idles on staff and polearm weapons.
  • Phage, Convectrix -- the first one is good at fixing beams at desired angles but still time-consuming to reach a max. accuracy. The latter one can't fix its beams' angle w/o spamming a fire button.
  • Most of continuous weapons. Ain't cool to move to "per sec" limitations from "per ammo".
  • Dark Split-Sword -- I get it that it can be really difficult to implement but the lack of real-time mode switching basically makes you forget about one of the modes.
  • Broken Scepter -- «press X to get an HP/Energy orb» via long animation-locked pose. Yeah... 25 HP/energy definitely worth the risk of getting killed instead.

Aesthetically, mechanically and/or stats-wise:

• Ak-/Bronco Prime -- I kinda love the design of the non-Primed ones, but the Primed ones look... weird. In short, not in my taste. And we all know about the stats.
  • Machete as a weapon class: Why. And how. The. Heck. Machete and Prova can even stab in the first place. And their stats and combos (for now)... meh.

On 4/30/2017 at 5:42 AM, Chewarette said:

AkBronco Prime

Bronco sucks, Akbronco sucks twice, Akbronco Prime is the Primation of Sucking

I have a riven and 4 forma. 100% status doing obsurd damage. The only issue is that it has small magazine capacity.

10 minutes ago, --Q--Voltage said:

I have a riven and 4 forma. 100% status doing obsurd damage. The only issue is that it has small magazine capacity.

I'm approximately 100% positive that 100% of weapons are doing the job with 4 forma and a Riven, though.

On 2017-4-30 at 7:12 PM, Chewarette said:

AkBronco Prime

I use Akbronco P. in sorties... 100% Status does wonders... Like basically any weapon, 4+ forma and it's going to shred. 

• 2 months later...
On 30/04/2017 at 1:24 PM, LordOfScrugging said:

the newest weapon, cycron, is pretty bad. It's stats and concept look good on paper but you basically shoot for 3 seconds and have to wait 5 seconds for the reload to start. That's a pretty bad design. Plus, status beam weapons need to be looked at

I agree with this. Half of the time you are reloading and the other half you are tied to the worst dmg/status nmechanic ingame which is the continuous weapons mechanic.

On 5/1/2017 at 8:39 AM, Chewarette said:

I'm approximately 100% positive that 100% of weapons are doing the job with 4 forma and a Riven, though.

Having 60ish weapons with 4 or more Forma on them in each weapon category I can say thus far you hit the nail on the head and that's without Rivens. Many weapons mentioned here work fine in sorties and 40-60 minute MOT after you Forma them out.

• 3 months later...
On 4/30/2017 at 5:42 AM, Chewarette said:

AkBronco Prime

On 4/30/2017 at 5:46 AM, ChatNinja said:

Primary I say Javlok 

Secondary any Bronco

as for melee nothing beats Machete

On 5/1/2017 at 11:17 AM, Thundervision said:
  • Ak-/Bronco Prime -- I kinda love the design of the non-Primed ones, but the Primed ones look... weird. In short, not in my taste. And we all know about the stats.
On 4/30/2017 at 10:19 AM, Vox_Preliator said:

I'd argue that's the best of the Bronco series, since the AkPrime version can be a 100% Status Shotgun, while the other three versions have just about nothing going for them.

On 4/30/2017 at 6:09 AM, (Xbox One)Graysmog said:

I mean, Akbronco Prime can shred armor like butter and apply statuses much like other shotguns, and can be quite powerful due to that alone.

I was going to say, ever since they buffed them not to long ago, they (as in both Bronco Prime and AkBronco Prime) are statistically one of, if not, the best secondary shotguns in the game. The only weapon beating it is Euphona Prime's secondary fire (if you build for Status. If not, both Bronco's are stronger due to how Status works with shotguns). Which by to by, both single and dual Ak/Bronco Prime can hit 100% Status.

I'm just guessing that some people didn't see the buffs they received the other month (or simply just forgot), but I wanted to properly inform that so we're all on the same page here. So if you're into those kind of weapons (i.e. secondary shotguns), than definitely give them a look at.

Edited by HalfDarkShadow

Since any poor weapon could be called the worst weapon, I'll list the three weapons that I personally dislike (read: utterly despise).

Number one would be the Machete. It's just slow, deals hardly any damage, and has meager crit and status chances. The Wraith variant isn't much better.

Number two is the Dual Cestra. It has f**k-all recoil, an incredibly low crit chance of only 2.5%, a small status chance, hardly any damage, and a reload speed of 3.5 seconds. Sometimes I wonder why Darvo uses these all the time.

And, finally, number three is,,,

The Gorgon. It's practically impractical as a machine gun, with a long wind-up time, about as much accuracy as the standard Nosram Cutter (except you're having a seizure as well), laughably low crit and status chance, a focus on Impact damage making it useless against anything but shields, and its excruciating reload speed of 4.2 seconds.

Personally, I'm passionately in love with the Cycron and do not condone the dislike that others have of it.

That being said, I know of at least two Horrors among weapons that have little positive to say about themselves. I find most others at least have a use for them at SOME point, even the duel-skanas. (Looking at you Redeemer, you sexy chunk of polymer and metal.)

First is the EXTREME damage and FANTASTIC accuracy of the Aklato. 

Second is the EXTREME speed and EXCESSIVE damage of the default machete.

When I had to rank those weapons up, I. . . I just. . . 

(Thousand yard stare as sounds of Hek's laughter multiply and echo around the chat room)

Edited by Unus