Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

IGN wants Destiny 2 to be more like Warframe?

To all ppls who dont know, Destiny was suposed to be huge co-op game with insane story, however bungie or activision i dont know who for sure tryed to steal the writer work than fire him after he spending 4 years in writings, and its not the writer only the music producer too, they sued each other it was fu@ed up tbh
After all they the devs wasnt able to publih the original Destyny game at that point they pend insane amount of money so all they could do is scrap it all and make it the game that it is now. 
In comparison original Destiny was prety good story driven game.
Comparing the 2 games is not fair tbh.

srt for bad language 

4 minutes ago, Fugana said:

To all ppls who dont know, Destiny was suposed to be huge co-op game with insane story, however bungie or activision i dont know who for sure tryed to steal the writer work than fire him after he spending 4 years in writings, and its not the writer only the music producer too, they sued each other it was fu@ed up tbh
After all they the devs wasnt able to publih the original Destyny game at that point they pend insane amount of money so all they could do is scrap it all and make it the game that it is now. 
In comparison original Destiny was prety good story driven game.
Comparing the 2 games is not fair tbh.

srt for bad language 

I bblame money vision... 

1 hour ago, blackheartstar_pc said:

If by be more like Warframe it gets a full time 3rd person view then I agree as well. Without that I'm not touching it.

i don't super mind the First Person perspective for the style of game.... though i'll certainly hope that since there'll be a PC version that on atleast the PC version you can change Field of View.

because honestly even watching people play Destiny, i sometimes start to get a headache because of how low the FoV is. it doesn't even look like the """"standard"""" 55° - what the hell is it? like 40?
kill me

euch, Destiny... the sequel's bound to crash and burn like the original did. if it doesn't, it'll be the most amazing recovery in gaming history, but given that so many people (including myself) ended up paying for a butchered carcass of a game, they'll probably dice it up and sell it piece by piece again, Microtransactions and all.

I sure as hell ain't going back.

I'll be dumping WF when Destiny 2 rolls along, at least for a while. I'm a one-game person, and my gaming friends are all Destiny players (I'm the only one who jumped ship to warframe, despite encouraging them to join me). Destiny is hands-down my favorite co-op game - I've got 1400+ hours in it -  so it's sort of a no-brainer to try out the sequel.

That said, I'd certainly enjoy more elements like Warframe has - your own ship, more mission types, more "ongoing" or interrelated missions (like invasions, etc), and as many quests as they can jam into it. If they actually implement ship-to-ship combat, I may never come back. 

Edited by (XB1)CannyJack

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Tactless_Ninja said:

*cough* Nu Male Sky *cough*

*cough* Duke Nukem Forever *cough*

*cough* Anything by Peter Molyneux *cough*

Seriously. Peter Molyneux is practically a legend for making huge promises that he can't keep. 

In terms of Destiny 2, the fact that Warframe had way less funding and is still going strong, while Destiny has to rebrand with "Destiny 2" should tell you everything you need to know about which is the better game franchise. 

To those leaving for Destiny 2, don't let the airlock close on you on the way out! 

Edited by Tesseract7777

11 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

In terms of Destiny 2, the fact that Warframe had way less funding and is still going strong, while Destiny has to rebrand with "Destiny 2" should tell you everything you need to know about which is the better game franchise.

Yeah the game was basically in beta still when it launched (which is abysmal for a triple A title), had millions backing it up yet was so barebones it was pathetic when they released a full priced expansion only to have a handful of new weapons, one or two new areas, and Journos calling out anyone as "selfish" if they didn't appreciate the scraps we were given.

Though it did have a very good foundation which was the shooting. It's just everything else was a hot mess. Still I feel I got my money's worth out of it which is why I wouldn't consider it the biggest disappointment. I've lived with disappointment all my life and I've learned to section them off into tiers.

22 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Seriously. Peter Molyneux is practically a legend for making huge promises that he can't keep. 

To those leaving for Destiny 2, don't let the airlock close on you on the way out! 

Not going to leave warframe but as I've never played destiny and if it does have third person this time around, I think I may be tempted to give it a go. 

Always up for more coop games tbh.

2 minutes ago, Naith said:

Not going to leave warframe but as I've never played destiny and if it does have third person this time around, I think I may be tempted to give it a go. 

Always up for more coop games tbh.

I'm not opposed to people trying new games, btw. I'm just mocking the attitude of "I'm going to leave Warframe forever and just play Destiny 2 now" when they don't even know exactly what Destiny 2 will be like, and considering the rather controversial/dubious reputation of the first one. 

Edited by Tesseract7777

The only thing that this article can relate back to Warframe is the procedural dungeons and ship interiors. I would hardly call that, "wants to be more like Warframe".

Heck, these suggestions in the article is stuff that Warframe could use, like a better looking for group system or better inventory screen or Transmogrification. 

3 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

I'm not opposed to people trying new games, btw. I'm just mocking the attitude of "I'm going to leave Warframe forever and just play Destiny 2 now" when they don't even know exactly what Destiny 2 will be like, and considering the rather controversial/dubious reputation of the first one. 

Nah I didn't think you were, was just voicing my current thoughts on the matter.

I don't always get people who seem to think they'll drop xyz for xyz as it'll undoubtedly be better. While I wasn't going to drop warframe for mass effect andromeda mp, I did sort of expect it to dominate my interest. Unfortunately I was wrong and find it rather boring at the moment due to same old stuff and complete lack of map variety.

I enjoyed Destiny, but I do prefer 3rd-person games.

I'm not sure if I'm going to buy Destiny 2. I have to say that Destiny 1 had the most anti-consumer/gamer DLC model I've ever seen in a game. I understand they likely did it because it would have splintered the matchmaking too much, but it was an extremely poor model nonetheless.

(1) The fact that a dlc locked you out of current content, and forced you to buy the dlc just to play previous content was an absolute joke. It made me laugh how many of the fanboy's justified it because of the "story." Yeah, right.

(2) Let's say I wanted to pick up Destiny and play Rise of Iron again after stopping with the Crota DLC. That would mean that I would have  to buy The Taken King, which would mean that I would have to buy House of Wolves! Before their recent update with the raids, this basically would have meant that I am forced to buy old DLC, which no one really plays the content, just to play the most recent content. This is far worse than a subscription service because with such a service at least when I renew my subscription I'm not forced to back pay for all the time that I didn't play, which is what Destiny's DLC model essentially forces the consumer to do.

I'll have a hard time supporting the game if it's the same sort of model. I prefer to be able to pick and choose what dlc's I want to buy.

4 hours ago, (PS4)TheRallykiller said:

I always thought Warframe was impressive as a free-to-play title - especially in comparisoin to triple-A retail titles like Destiny.  IGN apparently agrees (even though they don't know it).

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/05/03/destiny-2-top-10-most-wanted-changes

well bungie shot themselves the minute they decided to give play station exclusive rights to the dlc for the game, which means xbox could wait months to get the dlc, it took over a year to get the weapons that sony had exclusives over to xbox, so they immediately neutered their wallet, i know quite a few people who i play with on xbox and they said they won't be buying it, we are talking hardcore guys that did all the raids every week and spent alot of money on micro transactions, plus they are going to wipe all of the progress you have made which they said they would never do, come to think of it they also said they would never put micro transactions in the game lol kek, despite all the criticism i give DE they definitely do a better job than bungie does and i honestly think DE makes the better game IMO  

3 hours ago, Mr.ToastForPresident said:

The only thing that this article can relate back to Warframe is the procedural dungeons and ship interiors. I would hardly call that, "wants to be more like Warframe".

Heck, these suggestions in the article is stuff that Warframe could use, like a better looking for group system or better inventory screen or Transmogrification. 

Transmogrification would be weird as hell though, who likes to see a Penta which was actually a Tonkor. But transmogrification will just kill other weapons, people would go to their most powerful weapon and just transmogrify the thing they want it to look so nope. Also because some weapons have some unique features.

Edited by DzeraDragonbane

I've always placed Destiny ahead of Warframe in terms of better gameplay (even though I dropped Destiny this past December to focus entirely on Warframe -- that was largely because I basically had everything and did everything in Destiny, so there wasn't anything to keep me around). I find the elegance and feel of Destiny's controls to be well ahead of Warframe (but that is likely what happens when a game built for PC tries to cram everything into a console controller). Warframe has far more going on (too much, in some cases) but it's certainly the winner in "number of moving parts to play with." 

Setting aside the issues of story and microtransactions and looking only at gameplay, the games could learn a lot from each other, I think. There are lots of things in Warframe I wish were in Destiny, and vice versa. 

So recently so many ytuber talk about how destiny should have been. And a clear defined of classes that should have be implemented. Similar how overwatch are. (For example tank support and such )

Warframe have those but somewhat blurred. So it's more like one tenno for himself.

if destiny 2 go that route i might join the band wagon as well