The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

will kubrows and kavats ever get vacuum?

KRANOT

so currently kubrows and kavats barely get used even tho for an instance smeetacavats could be very viable. but DE refuses to give them universal vacuum too.

i am 100% certain this is why very few players dont use them, its the same problem like back in the day when only carrier had vacuum and he was all that players used.

so do you think we can ever expect DE to understand this problem and fix it?

Just now, aligatorno said:

If they did not do it with Vacuum 2.0, they probably will not do it ever. 

would be a shame for pets to go to waste and never be used. even more so now that the charger pet is available as a 3rd option.

Just now, residente said:

But there is nothing to fix. Sentinels are machines and they can suck items in with their vacuum, but cats and dogs?

They just need something that gives players a reason to use them over sentinels.

i cant imagine annything besides giving them insane combat buffs. the 30second redcrit buff by kavats is something along those lines but it would probably need something much more potent or regular to get players to use kavats, kubrows and chargers over sentinels. 

Hopefully not, because it's not necessary. You want the convenience of picking up loot automatically, you now have more than enough choices among the sentinels and a kubrow breed. If you'd argued to improve Chesas a little to become more efficient you'd have a point, but simply stating that you cannot live without this minor luxury that becomes less important the longer you play is clearly unreasonable.

10 minutes ago, residente said:

But there is nothing to fix. Sentinels are machines and they can suck items in with their vacuum, but cats and dogs?

They just need something that gives players a reason to use them over sentinels.

Vacuum is such a huge QoL that nothing will be as useful. Make Vacuum innate on Warframes and add a option in the menu to turn it off, then all companions can be used.

Just fuckin no. It's bad enough that a Sentinel named after a vacuum cleaner got it's major attraction taken away. Now ppl want to give it to the other pet types. Just fuckin no.

Edited by Kihana

Just now, AuroraSonicBoom said:

Hopefully not, because it's not necessary. You want the convenience of picking up loot automatically, you now have more than enough choices among the sentinels and a kubrow breed. If you'd argued to improve Chesas a little to become more efficient you'd have a point, but simply stating that you cannot live without this minor luxury that becomes less important the longer you play is clearly unreasonable.

Yeah I wouldn't really call it minor, wasting time to pick up life support in survival might be okay at first but when you get 3+ hours in doing it all manually really slows you down, puts you in more danger and risks you failing the mission. I'd love to use a kubrow or kavat in survival but since they can't loot it's not practical, even if it was not a vacuum but your pets running around and picking things up at a slower pace then vacuum would help, that way you and your pet can pick up loot or life support manually saving you wasted time, which is honestly a feature in almost all games with pets.

Edited by GrimSoulis

um how bout no? if you want a vacuum so badly use a sentinel kubrows dont need a vacuum of any sort if they dont have what you want then ignore them and stick with sentinels or keep complaining that kubrows dont have any viable abilitys

but yeah i do very much agree with @AuroraSonicBoom 

Edited by Templar_365

The option to make vacuum was there but peoples whine about because the range was halved. That option was still the best and for me it was not a significant change because I am looter and all the time collecting so this current vacuum on sentinels is a great luxory. The innate warframe vacuum was the best choice but the majority not wanted but if there will be a poll then I would poll for that because you given this with every frame and no need to hard choice between sentinels and other pets.

1 hour ago, KRANOT said:

from all the ideas here a toggel-able innate vacuum effect on frame is the best one.

that would put all companions on an even playingfield.

Mainly this. It should honestly be a toggle for our Warframes instead of Sentinels. 

1 hour ago, Kihana said:

Just fuckin no. It's bad enough that a Sentinel named after a vacuum cleaner got it's major attraction taken away. Now ppl want to give it to the other pet types. Just fuckin no.

Put it on our Warframes for a toggle and buff sentinels to make them useful and bam, everyone's happy. 

1 hour ago, AuroraSonicBoom said:

I wouldn't call the new Exterminate missions that don't run out of enemies a "luxury" because there was always a risk of the mission being unbeatable when the last enemy gets stuck or hidden.

Granted, while Vacuum is 90% a luxury, that 10% is pretty huge when you're missing out on rare drops because something has bugged into a wall, off a cliff or out of existence entirely and is only redeemable with a vacuum.

As someone whose mostly used my Helminth charger since committing entirely to Nidus, I really don't struggle that much to go pick things up, movement is abundant. Where I do have an issue is things I don't even know are there or simply can't get to because the maps/drops are buggy.

Edited by Beartornado

1 hour ago, Kihana said:

Its named Carrier, the one who carries stuff and the ammo mutation it got is pretty good.

Tho i need to point out that apart from vacuum the carriers main selling point is that its the sturdiest sentinel can literally carry you in low level areas after some modding.

24 minutes ago, Beartornado said:

I wouldn't call the new Exterminate missions that don't run out of enemies a "luxury" because there was always a risk of the mission being unbeatable when the last enemy gets stuck or hidden.

Granted, while Vacuum is 90% a luxury, that 10% is pretty huge when you're missing out on rare drops because something has bugged into a wall, off a cliff or out of existence entirely and is only redeemable with a vacuum.

As someone whose mostly used my Helminth charger since committing entirely to Nidus, I really don't struggle that much to go pick things up, movement is abundant. Where I do have an issue is things I don't even know are there or simply can't get to because the maps/drops are buggy.

Doing sabotage runs in the void and finding argon just behind some unaccessible room, inside unopenable decoration orbs or inside the floor because it glitched throught it thanks to vacuum is one of the best feelings.

I dont know why some people say that vacuum is unneeded, when it gives us a huge QoL bonus. I downloaded warframe and not loot picker simulator.

sentinals can be revived a limited time and have vacuum

kubrows and kavats can be revived limitles und have no vacuum

now think about it if these pets get vacuum everyone will use them because they can be revived how often you want, what means you will get an indestroyable vacuum. This would be a bit OP

Even so if you want a sort of vacuum use the chesa kubrow it will bring things to you

Edited by Dark_Roxas

While Kubrows need another pass overall, I think folks underestimate how incredibly damn good the Kavats are.  Yes, you lose the utility from having Vacuum, but you gain a lot of combat potency as a trade-off.

Personally speaking, I use the Adarza Kavat as my primary pet.  For those unaware;  It provides an additive +60% critical chance buff, for a brief time, to all weapon attacks for both its owning player and all other players in range when using its ability.  This ability goes off fairly often and has a relatively short cooldown.  It's effectively a hard and flat DPS boost for myself and possibly my entire squad.  It can also (mod set depending) fully delete enemy armor, do considerable damage, stun enemies, attack in an AoE, or just give me a giant radar range.

Carrier (and by proxy, all sentinels) can suck it.

Puns aside, the Smeeta Kavat breed too boasts many very worthwhile benefits.  Charm lacks reliability which is why I don't use it personally, but its buffs are outstandingly strong.  And its other precept that creates a decoy is very useful in basically all situations.

The sentinels take up the "easier to use" section of our companion options.  Them having vacuum makes sense in this regard.  Kavats and to a lesser extent Kubrows, instead take up the "improved potency" section.  The Kubrows could just use a bit of a boost and some tweaks to bring them more in-line with Kavats, then it would be fine.

And just to put this out there;  You don't need Vacuum.  Having to pick up a pickup is part of what makes a pickup a pickup in the first place.  We have Vacuum as an option for those who desire to have it, but this baseless and outright silly assumption that it's a required mechanic for play is nonsensical.

11 hours ago, Dark_Roxas said:

sentinals can be revived a limited time and have vacuum

kubrows and kavats can be revived limitles und have no vacuum

now think about it if these pets get vacuum everyone will use them because they can be revived how often you want, what means you will get an indestroyable vacuum. This would be a bit OP

Even so if you want a sort of vacuum use the chesa kubrow it will bring things to you

A long ago people used the same argument when the only sentinel what was capatable of using vacuum was the carrier.

De made a change and gave all sentinels vacuum but with 50% range only. People got enraged and demanded either the range increased back to the original or give them back the mod. De choosed to give us universal vacuum and suddenly the popularity of other sentinels started to grow. Carrier still leads the list because he is the sturdiest of all.

Now if we would want to do this in a fair way, DE should give all kubrows and kavats the Retrieve skill from chesa and replace it with something useful. Currently i rarely see someone using kubrows, kavats are more common since they have a real good buff but thats all.

OR give us a magnetic collar accessory.

DE could even run a test making the retrieve mod universal and put it in the market for sale for lets say 1000 credits. Lets see how many players have waited for it, they could even put a counter next to it to show how many people bought it and make it a one-time purchase.

8 hours ago, Gravitus123 said:

Probably not.De seems to think that adding Vacuum to all companions is somehow a "bad" idea because then everything is the "same"

But game is about getting fun. I would like to play with pets instead of sentinels, but vacuum is too convenient to abandon. It is frustrating to collect all drop by walking on it, especially when it could glitch through walls and small obstacles.