The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let us use conclave mods in PVE!

Fallen_Echo

16 minutes ago, Fallen_Echo said:

This would give most people a reason to go to the conclave

5 minutes ago, Fallen_Echo said:

Well even if they dont drop from pve i think some of us would happily do some pvp to get interesting mods.

I think you underestimate just how much a large percentage of PVE gamers hate playing PVP.

For some of us it is practically a core Gaming Principle: DON'T gate non-cosmetic PVE content in a PVE central game behind PVP if you don't want the torches and pitchforks to come out

A whole 3 page topic to read.

15 minutes ago, Fallen_Echo said:

This would give most people a reason to go to the conclave 

4 minutes ago, Fallen_Echo said:

i think some of us would happily do some pvp

Those are some mighty big assumptions. People who don't like conclave will not do it. They don't need incentive reasons to play it. Those who barely put up with it farmed it for all its conclave mods and then never played it again; they did it because of mods, not because they enjoyed it.
It's the same as Archwing, those who hate it will avoid it. You can't force a cat to enjoy taking a bath. All attemtps will be painful. :crylaugh:

The Springloaded broadhead is the odd one in the bunch. Allowed to be used in PVE but zero PVE possibilities to farm for it unlike the other pve/pvp hybrid mods. Does not compute.

2 minutes ago, Jakorak said:

I think you underestimate just how much a large percentage of PVE gamers hate playing PVP.

For some of us it is practically a core Gaming Principle: DON'T gate non-cosmetic PVE content in a PVE central game behind PVP if you don't want the torches and pitchforks to come out

sharpen your torches and light your pitchforks? 

I just basically completely ignored the Conclave mods.....I dont even know what they are about, but yeah, your premise is correct normally.  This game focused sufficiently on PVE that the PVP stuff isnt even a big deal. 

There are several conclave mods that are unusable mechanically in PVE due to the different skills of warframes in that mode. Other mods are being phased in, but others will just not work effectively in PvE because it is not balanced for that game mode. I cannot ever see DE just dropping all the conclave mods into PvE without actually balancing them for it and making them drop.

45 minutes ago, Praxxor said:

If they become farmable in PVE (without any exceptions) then yes.

Otherwise who cares.

this... I am not going to suffer through conclave just to get mods from there.  Riven mods from PvE is bad enough experience and I have no interest in playing PvP until the major issues get fixed.... and they're not likely to if I'm honest.

Some of them should be aviable on PvE but some other would break the balance would break the balance.
Imagine Relentless Assault when killing huge group of enemis in a single hit or Shrapnel Rounds that would make the Marelok insanely strong.

Edited by lukinu_u

8 hours ago, Praxxor said:

If they become farmable in PVE (without any exceptions) then yes.

Otherwise who cares.

6 hours ago, AuroraSonicBoom said:

As long as they're farmable in PvE, sure. Otherwise no.

It's not like the mods are untradeable. If you don't want to play Conclave for the mods, you can just buy them from other players, much like how players buy the Conclave Captura scenes from other players, or how players buy augments and weapons for factions that they're on bad terms with.

1 hour ago, Heckzu said:

It's not like the mods are untradeable. If you don't want to play Conclave for the mods, you can just buy them from other players, much like how players buy the Conclave Captura scenes from other players, or how players buy augments and weapons for factions that they're on bad terms with.

And why should we be forced to give our plat to Conclave players to use those mods if they are added to PVE? As has been said many times before (and always shot down by the same single minded answers of "Suck it up and play Conclave" or  "Just buy it from Conclave players"), if it can be used in PVE, it should be dropped in PVE. Heck, DE has already started making Conclave mods drop in PVE via the Sentients, so I wouldn't be surprised if that's what eventually makes up a majority of the Sentient race's drop tables.

1 hour ago, Fukushu said:

And why should we be forced to give our plat to Conclave players to use those mods if they are added to PVE?

Why should we be forced to give our plat to Raid players to use arcanes if we don't want to play team-reliant modes?

Why should we be forced to give our plat to Spy players to use dual elemental + stat mods if we don't want to play a stealth mode?

What do you do if you can't stand playing with others who may end up failing the mission but want arcanes? What do you do if you can't stand playing stealth games but want Ivara or the dual elemental + stat mods for primaries? You either suck it up or you dish out platinum. Why should Conclave be different?

if it can be used in PVE, it should be dropped in PVE.

And following this logic, if it can be used in PVP, it should be obtainable in PVP. So if you are opposed to equipment being unobtainable from part of the game while being usable, then surely you'd advocate for all usable weapons and warframes, primes included, to be available from either Teshin or as end-of-match rewards?

Heck, DE has already started making Conclave mods drop in PVE via the Sentients, so I wouldn't be surprised if that's what eventually makes up a majority of the Sentient race's drop tables.

Notice how the Conclave mods that drop from the Sentients are all Recruit Conditioning ranked mods, which are trivially easy to obtain in Conclave and help newer players get into Conclave. I wouldn't be surprised if DE added more mods to the Sentients' drop tables, but they're probably going to be more low tier mods to help transition people into Conclave.

On 5/21/2017 at 8:56 AM, Heckzu said:

Why should we be forced to give our plat to Raid players to use arcanes if we don't want to play team-reliant modes?

Why should we be forced to give our plat to Spy players to use dual elemental + stat mods if we don't want to play a stealth mode?

What do you do if you can't stand playing with others who may end up failing the mission but want arcanes? What do you do if you can't stand playing stealth games but want Ivara or the dual elemental + stat mods for primaries? You either suck it up or you dish out platinum. Why should Conclave be different?

The catch here is that in the PVE content, you can get help from other (experienced) players, who are relatively easy to find as they are plentiful. This temporary obstacle that somebody dislikes or is bad at can still be passed with help from others. This being mostly a co-op centric game and all, that is quite easy to achieve.

In conclave, you're on your own. The obstacle here is permanent if you don't like it or are bad at it. With a much smaller player base and the hurdle of having to play in specific region/ during peak hours to find people to play with makes it all more of a hassle. If the hassle is larger than the fun, people won't bother.

Personally, I'm fine with how it all is right now, PVE and PVP being for the most part separate, with their own thing going on.
When the lines between them get blurred away, it always ends badly for everybody involved. I've seen this happen in plenty other games. One of the two always ends up being a game mode not worth playing due to lousy rewards and/or poor experience.

I have yet to see a hybrid pve/pvp game that balances both equally without grossly favoring one over the other.

I'm not writing this as an anti-conclave rant. I'm just quoting history here. Learn from it or repeat its mistakes. When pve and pvp get merged together as an afterthought much later in a game's lifetime it always ends badly.  Just look at what happened during those conclave holiday events. A lot of rage and AFKing. You can condemn those players all you want but that won't change the inevitable.
If Conclave would become a major part of the game with MR content locked behind it for example, Support would get flooded with so many reports against AFK players or Fight Clubbing.
This in the end will do the game more harm than good.

Edited by MystMan

1 hour ago, (PS4)VariantX7 said:

I would straight up grind PvP for those mods because they are as a whole far more interesting and gameplay changing than the majority of PvE mods. And I dislike conclave a hell of a lot.

Thats the spirit!