Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur Hate

HefestoPollux

Can someone tell me why there is so much hate about this frame? Many players tend to be toxic or even trolls when i play with my excalibur.

I'm a MR 21 player and i have all the frames, but i get bored from time to time by playing the same frames, some i like, others not so much. At the moment i'm enjoying excalibur again, but for some reason people talk like if excalibur is some kind of a cancer frame. I only ask this because i'm trying to understand what is wrong with players lately.

What you guys think about this?

PS: Btw, excalibur 4th skill is broken, when he's out of energy by using this skill he turns in a wierd glitch with his arms, happens all the time.

I like Excalibur, don't even use him anymore... been like 5 months now... but I do like him - what I don't like is when they join intercepts and run around in their Exalted Blade trying to kill everything and abandon their post and lose it - forcing me to run between 2-3 points and babysit the game - I guess it's hard to be patient and sit still when you play Excal.  But outside of that one game mode it never bothers me - and realistically it's not even the frame, just poo poo players who don't play intercept right (which for some reason, I tend to see mostly Excal).

He gets some flak due to how much had changed with his abilities. Hell, there were people that wanted Super Jump back as his 3rd even though bullet jumping has taken a firm hold of the game by that point.

I can see some reasoning behind it, like how both Radial Blind and Radial Javelin have changed to be line of sight instead of hitting everything in a radius. Exalted being nerfed to balance the damage output when passing through walls. And being a bit squishy for a frame that's both the poster boy and a melee oriented frame.

I can understand some of the flak, but I can't say I've seen much hate towards him aside the snarky remarks about how easy he is once Exalted Blade is available. Or the occasional elitism towards new players that choose Excalibur as a starter frame. Just never understood that mindset.

Edited by SurrealEdge
Typo

I think it's more from player's experiences with some Excal users who just swoosh away throughout the mission.  He's a good frame, a great frame even but it gets rather annoying to be shooting then Excal comes by swooshing with a bright color lol. All in all do what you want and have fun.

On the few ocasions i used excall, i never faced any sort of criticism towards the warframe or myself.

Considering that most matches are silent (no one says a word) i find even a "hello" a welcome sight, let alone some discussions if i am using a "bad warframe". One of the reasons this never happens might be related with my overall performance with any warframe in any mission, there is literally no reason to complain or mock the warframe.

22 minutes ago, SurrealEdge said:

Or the occasional elitism towards new players that choose Excalibur as a starter frame. Just never understood that mindset.

Thats my point too, elite players see excalibur as a noob frame, which is not the case imo. Thank god, not everyone thinks the same.

44 minutes ago, HefestoPollux said:

Can someone tell me why there is so much hate about this frame? Many players tend to be toxic or even trolls when i play with my excalibur.

I'm a MR 21 player and i have all the frames, but i get bored from time to time by playing the same frames, some i like, others not so much. At the moment i'm enjoying excalibur again, but for some reason people talk like if excalibur is some kind of a cancer frame. I only ask this because i'm trying to understand what is wrong with players lately.

What you guys think about this?

PS: Btw, excalibur 4th skill is broken, when he's out of energy by using this skill he turns in a wierd glitch with his arms, happens all the time.

its mostly cus there are so many new players using excal and doing really dumb crap with it. when its not that its like miragulor spam. excal with his 4 is really powerful without much risks to it especially with naramon, and on top of that he is really blinding. hell one of his skills is literally called radial blind. 

ive used him a bit, i still use him from time to time but i never get anything negative towards my frame choice tho.

4 minutes ago, (Xbox One)ThermalStone said:

1.  He's seen as a noob frame.

2.  He doesn't enhance the squad.

3.  His crowd control is subpar. 

4.  There are better damage frames.

5.  Some people will complain about anything.

1. That he is. 

2. Indeed. 

3. I agree. 

4. Quite so. 

5. Did I mention that I really hate lists?

2 minutes ago, Lluminate said:

It's probably because they either think you're a noob (since Excalibur is a starter frame) or because they don't think he contributes much to the squad. Outside of Radial Blind being an okay CC, he doesn't help his teammates much.

I agree with you in some points, but Radial Blind is not the only help for the team, in fact if you build him right, Exalted Blade can do a lot of damage, not to mention this skill bypass the enemy armor and shield. I do alot of kills in survivals or defence missions. Some times i'm the best killer in the team with best frames in it, no joke. Exalted Blade Is influenced by the blade you wearing and the status on it. I tested this with different blades, it changes the damage output.

As a melee frame, Valkyr excels in basically every way. She is naturally much more resilient, has ridiculously high damage potential, and party-wide buffs that also apply to Kubrows/Kavats and spectres. 

As a CC frame, countless others beat Excal into the dirt. I mean, RB is ok, but it's not top-tier in any way.

As a damage frame, Saryn and her friends sit back and laugh at Excal for trying so hard. Like watching a kitten attack a ball of yarn. Kitten claws hurt quite a bit, but they just don't get the job done.

From what I've seen, people don't like Excal because there isn't any synergy. He doesn't bring anything to the squad, and as a result he tends to be a fairly selfish frame, like Nidus. The difference being that Nidus has a great power-strength booster, an AoE healing field, awesome CC and survivability, so at the very least he's great to have as someone to revive you if you fall. Excal just doesn't do anything that another frame can't do much better, with better overlap for the team as well.

There are always people who are gonna bash one frame or another, weapons too. Rhino, excal, atlas, valkyr, the list goes on.

I've been given flak for running rhino prime, because "there's no way you can survive an T4 survival for more than 40 minutes with him." I spent a fair amount of time reviving those same people. And it wasn't just because of iron skin. People seem to forget the "metas" aren't the only way to play the game. Best you can do is shrug it off and play how you wanna play. It's a game, it's supposed to be fun first and foremost

1 minute ago, HefestoPollux said:

I agree with you in some points, but Radial Blind is not the only help for the team, in fact if you build him right, Exalted Blade can do a lot of damage, not to mention this skill bypass the enemy armor and shield. I do alot of kills in survivals or defence missions. Some times i'm the best killer in the team with best frames in it, no joke. Exalted Blade Is influenced by the blade you wearing and the status on it. I tested this with different blades, it changes the damage output.

Not arguing that he is an extremely effective killer, but he also makes it pretty boring for your teammates. See: the hate for pre-nerf Mesa, Mirage with a Synoid Simulor, Quake Banshees, etc.

1 minute ago, Xarteros said:

From what I've seen, people don't like Excal because there isn't any synergy. He doesn't bring anything to the squad, and as a result he tends to be a fairly selfish frame, like Nidus. The difference being that Nidus has a great power-strength booster, an AoE healing field, awesome CC and survivability, so at the very least he's great to have as someone to revive you if you fall. Excal just doesn't do anything that another frame can't do much better, with better overlap for the team as well.

Basically this.

8 minutes ago, Miser_able said:

I don't like Mr swish swish because that's all I ever see people use him for. Most excals I see cower in a corner with exalted blade spamming e and then boasting when they do the most damage

Not me, i'm always moving arround the map killing everything that have legs or wings.

I've never received hate towards myself when I play him - but then most matches are usually silent unless I'm running with my clan - he's also one of my fav frames.

i can see how people would find overuse of exalted blade annoying (what with the noise, the effects with a constant spam etc) - I tend to limit how much I use it since I don't feel the need to use it much anyway.

The mentality for excal is always amusing, but what I think actually bashes excal is his 4. When you hear him "draw" it out his sword and the waves of energy comes flying out, to the "average" tenno, it's extremely cringy.

If anything, he's a very singular based frame. Soloing is doable. In a pub, you are expected to pull your own weight. In a organized team, I can see excal doing many things other than press 4. 

Maybe another reason people are hating on him is cause he does what he do. EB kill things, people don't want you killing things cause they want to kill things. RB is a decent CC, people will find it annoying cause it constantly procs finishers. 

Eh... You can't win against haters. Just make them hate more. 

2 hours ago, (Xbox One)ThermalStone said:

1.  He's seen as a noob frame.

2.  He doesn't enhance the squad.

3.  His crowd control is subpar. 

4.  There are better damage frames.

5.  Some people will complain about anything.

Bruh, Radial Blind completely incapacitates entire squads of enemies and better yet, allows you or your teammates to insta-kill virtually any enemy with their melee.

That doesn't sound sub-par at all.

OT, really surprised people hate on ol' Excal. I've seen tons of people give Mesa crap for carrying them hard.

Edited by Tricky5hift