Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mid to late game assault rifle

LordSajet

Question

Hey guys, wanted to get your opinion on this..

I'm transitioning from mid to late game, unlocked the star chart, collected and fairly well modded a few frames. Now for weapons, I have a good  Akstileto prime,Hek, nikana prime and supra vandal but I lack a hit scan assault rifle (which I really enjoy). I looked it up and most people suggest soma prime or dex sybaris , both of which are not available outside of spending plat.

So here is my question : can anyone suggest a good hit scan assault rifle that I can farm in-game that can serve me well for the late game content like sorties and raids.

Your answers are much appreciated :)

15 answers to this question

At base value, Prisma Grakata and Tenora are the only hit-scan comparison to Some Prime.

I'm also considering weapons like Sybaris a rifle and not an Assault Rifle. If that makes a difference to you.

Boltor Prime isn't really good for anything anymore. It's easily outclassed and it's not Hit-scan as requested.

Not to mention Prisma Grakata is 1/3 the price and Tenora is free.

Braton Prime is a 2nd rate option. Mostly because of it's 375 Max ammo. It's good Vs armor but doesn't have the top end damage.

So, I had this thread a little while ago, and I got mostly unhelpful answers as well. No one takes into account how long it takes to kill something, as well as ammo economy. 

What I've found are that the Dex Sybaris is good for mid-game, and the Sybaris Prime is good for end-game. The difference here being that Sybaris Prime is able to proc statuses and conserve ammo that way, instead of just raw damage. 

Hema is kinda good, but the fact that it's not hitscan really off-puts me -- it's an assault rifle that struggles at long range, yet prioritizes headshots. If you can get over that, and using it at medium close range it's a decent rifle. 

I haven't really tried the Braton. It's low burst and low DPS was off putting to me as I was making builds in Warframe Builder. 

I've not had the Quanta Vandal, but it's apparently pretty good. I can't speak much in the name of its ammo efficiency. 

Based on my personal arsenal, I'd suggest:

1. Prisma Grakata - decent crit and status (beware of the ammo efficiency though).

2. Tenora - very good crit, good status, mediocre damage. Almost rivaling Soma Prime if not for its abysmal accuracy on startup. Can also be charged for long range firing.

3. Dex/Prime/default Sybaris - good crit, good vs almost anything. Only the prime version can be built for status though.

4. Soma/Soma Prime - there is a reason why this gun was meta.

5. Braton Prime - good all rounder and can inflict procs reliably, can use crit builds if given a good riven.

6. Latron Wraith (if you can get the full part) - good crit, good status, only weakness is the long reload (and the recoil if you spam it).

7. Stradavar - not really useful if you don't riven it, but very enjoyable and usable until end game if you have the riven.

8. Synapse - very good crit chance, innate electricity which can be modded vs anything, decent status, a good weapon overall (assuming you can bear with the bizarre look).

9. Amprex - use this gun if you're lazy. Be careful with the ammo though, one of the worst ammo economy in the game.

10. Karak Wraith - generic assault rifle, feels good to use, and can be used against end game enemies. Only downside is the abysmal 5% crit.

11. Quanta - good dps, good status chance, very good ammo efficiency. The only downside is if you dislike beam weapons and detonating the cubes manually can be a pain.

12. Burston Prime - rather crazy status potential, making some people dub it a "nyx gun" when used with radiation elemental.

26 minutes ago, (PS4)theelix said:

I haven't really tried the Braton. It's low burst and low DPS was off putting to me as I was making builds in Warframe Builder. 

Don't discount the Braton Prime purely for its DPS numbers, 20% status is huge for an assault rifle, especially if you throw some dual-stat elementals on as well.

10 hours ago, (PS4)lagrue said:

you mean the gun doesn't have hitscan and instead misses 90% of shots at mid to long range because the flight speed on bolts is abyssmal, yeah I'm sure that's just what OP wants

You mean the bullet drop? Yep thats quite slow, because it's using bolts instead of bullets, It makes the battlefield more interesting. I advice you do not snipe with it.

It is a very strong rifle, one of the best imo.

Just to be different ... Kohm :D

It's such a fun crowd shredder (and jumps up to legendary if you can get a Riven with at least 120% status),
should not least nicely complement your Akstiletto Prime (which is basically a better, crit-viable Braton Prime / Karak Wraith already).

Soma Prime is decent and reliable in mid-game, but I've found that it usually falls off against against heavy Armor and Shielding pretty fast. The Tenora's good, if you can stay alive without moving around to much, in order to get its spool-up going.

Currently I'm using the Stradavar for just about everything. It's stats aren't the best on their own, but with a half-decent Riven the gun has become really useful for me.

On 6/3/2017 at 4:56 AM, xKlay said:

You mean the bullet drop? Yep thats quite slow, because it's using bolts instead of bullets, It makes the battlefield more interesting. I advice you do not snipe with it.

It is a very strong rifle, one of the best imo.

and once you get used to it you can snipe with it by aiming the crosshair above.. just like the bows.