The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oberon Prime vs Kuva survival 90 min solo

---Cayde-6---

You did not one hit a level 200 Bombard. 

Oberon is still trash. 

Commendable, even though I still don't think I'd like Oberon. You barely had energy that entire time, and could barely move. He certainly seems useful, though. 

Are you using a generic build, or a special one? If you have a link, I'd like to see it. 

That's pretty great but I have to admit whenever I do endurance runs with Zenurik Energy Overflow or Naramon Shadow Step it feels like cheating. I wonder how far you can go with one of the other Focus schools instead?

3 minutes ago, [DE]Glen said:

That's pretty great but I have to admit whenever I do endurance runs with Zenurik Energy Overflow or Naramon Shadow Step it feels like cheating.

Something to keep in mind when working on the Focus rewrite ;)

4 minutes ago, [DE]Glen said:

I wonder how far you can go with one of the other Focus schools instead?

Yeah, about that...

You might want to rent some sort of industrial-grade haul truck to move all the dust that's been sitting on "other" Focus schools first. 

*cough* focus rework when? *cough*

12 minutes ago, [DE]Glen said:

That's pretty great but I have to admit whenever I do endurance runs with Zenurik Energy Overflow or Naramon Shadow Step it feels like cheating. I wonder how far you can go with one of the other Focus schools instead?

Actually there is no need for focus school. Just need certain weapons and keep killing from behind the safety of a wall. Survival can go on for days.....

12 minutes ago, [DE]Glen said:

a Warframe staff member who finds Naramon and Zenurik powerful?

pretty much confirmed nerf now...

5 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

That's why I farmed some extra Focus on top of usual Naramon and Zenurik builds and switched to farming Focus for other schools. 1.5kk in madurai and a little below 1kk in vasarin and unairu so far.

I just hope DE won't make all the schools equally weak.

11 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

He also thinks carrier users are casuals... And I agree with him on both accounts

Edited by Hypernaut1

30 minutes ago, [DE]Glen said:

If you made Unairu's Crushing Force/Weight of Justice stack with Medusa Skin and combine with a high attack speed/range weapon like slide attack whip, Unairu would actually do very well just for surviving a long time.

But they don't stack, rip.

Edited by HyokaChan

42 minutes ago, [DE]Glen said:

If I only could post a vid of my 90 min pre rework Oberon, pre focus school Warframe, in a OG T4 survival. It can be done. :cool:

1 hour ago, [DE]Glen said:

I can somewhat agree for Naramon, but Zenurik is in no way "cheating". It's almost like saying Trinity or Energy pizzas are cheating. 

2 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

Inb4:

"You are not OHK level 9999 Grineer.

Oberon is still trash."

More like inb4:

"Oh hey, you're playing over the level that DE wants you to play and what they balance their stuff around. Time 2 nerf oberon or anything that made this possible because we want you to stay in low levels!"

1 hour ago, Voidforged said:

Nice. I just finished an 85 Wave Neo Defense with the Oberon Prime Access gear, pretty fun, definitely capable. 

Yeah, the last oberon buff that came is greatly appreciated.

Always great to see when more and more frames are capable and useful in endgame runs. He fits the jack of all trades role now pretty well imo.

2 hours ago, [DE]Glen said:

Depends on the frame being used imo.

Clearly, OP's Oberon was struggling to keep his energy up so Energy Overflow was only just doing it's job.

Questions about other schools sounds like a good opportunity to solicit feedback and examples from players with a stated challenge.

My guess is that the other schools passives aren't meaningful enough to make a huge difference because their passives are mostly offensive in nature. 

1 minute ago, Padre_Akais said:

My guess is that the other schools passives aren't meaningful enough to make a huge difference because their passives are mostly offensive in nature. 

Vazarin is more of a team-focused school, Madurai is offensive and Unairu is just meh.

42 minutes ago, Padre_Akais said:

This makes quite a big difference, main reason I've been using exclusively naramon for months.

6666.png

4 hours ago, (PS4)theelix said:

You did not one hit a level 00 Bombard. 

Oberon is still trash. 

Commendable, even though I still don't think I'd like Oberon. You barely had energy that entire time, and could barely move. He certainly seems useful, though. 

Are you using a generic build, or a special one? If you have a link, I'd like to see it. 

-snip-

Edited by (XB1)ReadingFire229