The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 21: Chains of Harrow

[DE]Megan

Replying for the purpose of feedback to the Devs.

Not at all happy that the new quest is gate-locked behind level 40+ content.  It is highly doubtful I will ever do the quest due to this reason.  Harrow may be an interesting frame, but this decision has made this update a very negative experience for me.

I don't get it. So he does what Trinity does but worse?

Over-shield only on himself, Trinity instantly puts a great one on everyone....Trinity heals way more....Trinity gives way more energy and does so easier....

I don't get what this warframe is supposed to bring to the game besides being kinda cool.

Edited by Echorion

On 29/06/2017 at 4:00 AM, [DE]Mumbles said:

Selecting Emotes in the Arsenal now plays said Emote on your Warframe!

We used to be able to see all animations for equipped weapons influenced by the stance you are in at the time via the Arsenal menu (i'm going back a long time maybe up to 2 years ago)

This is finally a step back in that direction although only for the selectable player emotes. I do however hold out hope we will get the ability to view individual weapon animations for i feel i shouldn't have to either go to the simulacrum or wait for them to play out in a mission to be able to see what they are.

I feel they are simply too nice and have so much time and effort put into them yet we only briefly if at all get to see them and when we do it is after a considerable wait time during actual mission play.

In addition to this just spitballing an idea: How about 3 new emotes to be selectable called "Primary/Secondary/Melee Flourish"  as the assets are all there already. That way we can view these emotes that are already in game more freely.

Edited by Ixxolos

Swapped Morax and Baal's mission contents (Exterminate and Mobile Defense) on Europa so they aren't adjacent to nodes in other regions with the same missions.

So you release a weapon that takes 4,5k oxium to research for a ghost clan and then you nuke the only node that provided a somewaht reasonable amount of oxium in the same update.

Well thanks for nothing. 

ugg...that last part.....can you guys make it ANY harder to see the bloody chains?!?!?!?

edit: figuered it out....but "dying" that many times shows that you guys REALLY need to look at the focus/operator system....NOW

Edited by Kalvorax

On 6/30/2017 at 6:27 PM, Viverim said:

Replying for the purpose of feedback to the Devs.

Not at all happy that the new quest is gate-locked behind level 40+ content.  It is highly doubtful I will ever do the quest due to this reason.  Harrow may be an interesting frame, but this decision has made this update a very negative experience for me.

you do know you only need to spend 5 minutes in mot to unlock it. plus you can allways jump into a public instance of it. it is not like your fighting level 80-100 mobs and if you do sorties then this problem is not a very good reasoning to argue about the level limit. 

Edited by maddragonmaster

On 6/29/2017 at 6:00 AM, [DE]Mumbles said:

Mandachord Packs!

2 new Mandachord instrument packs are here:

• Epsilon Instruments - Electronic!
  • Plogg Instruments - Pop-rock!

*Find them in your Arsenal for purchase!

WHY not in the in-game store? :(

Sorry if it's a stupid question...but what exactly is the difference with the new melee mode?

It seems like all that was changed is that you're actively shown holding both weapons in your hands, but you can still only use your secondary and quick melee as normal...I would have thought especially since it pertains to throwing weapons that you would be able to at least channel too in order to return them mid throw, especially with the orvius.

Is there more coming or am I missing something?

If you’ve made it to this note - you either scrolled really fast or your eyes are screaming for moisture! You may have also noticed that there was no mention of Shield Gating within that giant list above. We still have more to test and discuss to ensure this large change is balanced.

-------------

I made it to that note...  and I didn't scroll really fast.  Oh my sweet dear baby jesus the fixes and changes!

Thank you DE! 

Awesome update! :-)  I feel like I just to a H'arrow to the eye though!  lol

54 minutes ago, Amerikanovich said:

Sorry if it's a stupid question...but what exactly is the difference with the new melee mode?

It seems like all that was changed is that you're actively shown holding both weapons in your hands, but you can still only use your secondary and quick melee as normal...I would have thought especially since it pertains to throwing weapons that you would be able to at least channel too in order to return them mid throw, especially with the orvius.

Is there more coming or am I missing something?

You charge to throw them and release them at the right moment and you get Bonuses for doing so (See "charged throw" stats in the UI) -- The UI Will spin and indicate when you have timed the charge correctly.  I believe you want to release it right as the reticule appears as a glaive.  

Also, you can just tap Melee again while the glaive is mid air to bring it back!  (same as tapping channel during the throw when in Melee only)

Edit:  Additionally -- It seems you can now hold to throw the glaive mid air while in the new Dual pistol / glaive mode, which is really fun IMHO :-)  It sort of puts you into an "aimglide" state.

Edited by (PS4)Crackle2012
added info

On 6/28/2017 at 10:00 PM, [DE]Mumbles said:

Pyrana

• Damage increased from 9 to 22
  • Damage fall off added starting from 15m and ending at 30 with a minimum damage of 6
  • Increased mag size from 5 to 10
  • Mastery Rank 12 required

Oh happy days!!

On 7/2/2017 at 9:32 AM, maddragonmaster said:

you do know you only need to spend 5 minutes in mot to unlock it. plus you can allways jump into a public instance of it. it is not like your fighting level 80-100 mobs and if you do sorties then this problem is not a very good reasoning to argue about the level limit. 

I don't do sorties.  I never have.  I never intend to.  And what has a quest got to do with sorties?

I find the fact that a new quest, and thus the frame that goes with it, is locked behind ultra-high content to be unacceptable.  It isn't the mission level I find most objectionable. It's the fact that, at the very least, the first mission in the chain is an unavoidable boss fight.  Why am I required to unlock an entire chain of 40+ content to get to experience a level 25+ Mission?

And my feedback is intended to let my own input be known to the dev team.  If this is what they intend to do with new content then I find the practice more than questionable.