Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Purging spy missions - a Sortie fail rant

Sjelden

On ‎7‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 5:41 PM, SeaUrchins said:

So, you were ressing a downed teammate on Ivara and didn't bother to cloak yourself with invis arrow? So pro.

This can happen to even the best Ivara players.  All it takes is for the newly rezed to be seen and get targeted by an AoE.  Dead Ivara is the result.  Sleep Arrow is the better option to use in this situation.  But even then depending on what powers nearby teammates are using, the enemies might not go to sleep.  Volt and/or Ember can cause this to happen.

In the end the best option is to just solo Spy missions as others have suggested.  

I been playing Ivara almost constantly for over a year.  I admit that every now and then I'll do something stupid and die.  Outside of those very few occasions, almost all of my deaths in Pubs have been either due to rezing teammate or crossfire from teammate being too close.

Edited by DatDarkOne
correcting autocorrect

9 hours ago, Sjelden said:

Today, I was running the sorties with randoms.

That is literally the only thing I read before I checked out. Playing Sorties with random people is asking for trouble, but SPY Sorties? You're pretty much begging for a confrontation.

Edited by TheGodofWiFi

13 minutes ago, Vulpei said:

Everyone always complains about sortie spy missions, but I VERY rarely fail them in pub groups.

Out of all the sortie spy missions i've done, I think around 3 have failed.

Were those failures because of you, or morons who run into the vault you're currently in and setting off the alarm?

solo them bro. solo them. carry air support charges for liset solo and pubs. Especially on pubs cause no one uses them. "Oh we don't need them!" *someone screws up* *pop support and we only get it because I had them* "You were saying?"

My honest advice is to learn to solo all sortie mision types everything can be soloed and in many cases(not all obviously) will be faster and more fulfilling... You can never have  enough sculptures/endo in your ship(or at least that's DE's opinion based  on the % drops n, n)  

Edited by kaotis

On 7/2/2017 at 5:41 PM, SeaUrchins said:

So, you were ressing a downed teammate on Ivara and didn't bother to cloak yourself with invis arrow? So pro.

In Sortie missions, you can only go in with a level 30 warframe. So the OP could've obviously used prowl to cloak him/herself. 

I really don't care about this. Fail public couple times... big deal. What i am more annoyed about is the fact that i don't get riven mods. How long has it been 2 months? Nearly 3 months since my last one? I would gladly repeat this trivial spy issue over and over again just so that i can farm rivens... 

I usually always solo spy sortie, unless I want to risk doing a fast run, but one fail, and I'm soloing it. In my experience, if you fail once, you're more likely to fail again and again, even if you're in a different pug group.

On 7/2/2017 at 3:40 PM, pnellesen said:

I use Limbo to solo Spy and Rescue sorties. It sometimes takes  me 2 or 3 attempts, but still faster than pugging. And I only have myself to blame when I fail.

I'm curious, aside that maybe Limbo is your favorite, why would you ever take Limbo, the enemy can always see you no matter if you void walk, and won't you still trip lasers? Not bad mouthing Limbo just curious why him for a spy mission?

36 minutes ago, Pendragon1951 said:

I'm curious, aside that maybe Limbo is your favorite, why would you ever take Limbo, the enemy can always see you no matter if you void walk, and won't you still trip lasers? Not bad mouthing Limbo just curious why him for a spy mission?

Limbo works well with Lua spy missions because you're mainly dealing with sensors instead of enemies.  For other spy missions, Ivara, Loki, Octavia, or Ash are better.

5 hours ago, DrakoKnight48 said:

Why would it be DE's fault you failed a spy mission? 

It was supposed to be a joke going on the inability to self-criticize but always looking for someone, anyone to blame for your own failings.

I'm sorry you missed the joke.

6 hours ago, DrakoKnight48 said:

In Sortie missions, you can only go in with a level 30 warframe. So the OP could've obviously used prowl to cloak him/herself. 

Which is a nub thing to do with a bombard firing in the area and most likely he got shot because the bombard aggroed downed Tenno's companion or other Tenno nearby.

Ivaras that get downed in spy missions deserve nothing but scorn. It's like Frost failing at defense.

I have a golden rule to sorties:

Spy, Rescue and Mobile Defense always solo.

Spy - you know you're not going to fail randomly, and even if you do you can only blame yourself.

Rescue - makes it so much faster.

Mobile Defense - because I don't want to get yelled at for using Limbo.

By going solo, you ensure victory, and make it harder for "leeches".

Two birds with one stone.

6 hours ago, Pendragon1951 said:

When Limbo is in the rift, he can walk through Corpus lasers and Grineer sensor bars without triggering them.  Cameras and Regulators can still see him though.

8 hours ago, HorridaMessor said:

Maybe it's just my luck, but I constantly run Spy Sorties in PUGs and my team allways consists of Lokis, Ivaras and Limbos. And I haven't failed PUG Sortie Spy in month by this point.

You should seriously consider buying lottery tickets. A whole bunch of 'em.

I used to be an adventurer a naive person like you a long time ago, but then I took an arrow to the knee realized that my percentage of successful Spy runs on Public setting is lower than a blind drunkard playing Wilhelm Tell and since then I either run solo, invite friends I know I can depend on, or (in case I'm helping a new player)  ask them to beeline for the extraction point and sit tight, never entering a vault. Simple rules, close to perfect success rate. 

Due to the general userbase refusing to practice spy vaults I either solo these or do them with friends that I trust. As a result I've only ever failed when a buddy decided to take a max speed Volt into a spy vault, tripped an alarm, and then got shot down promptly thereafter.

It's not just sortie spy that I do solo, either. I do literally any spy mission either solo or with friends because I got so tired of people failing at them. Kuva Flood? Stay out of my party unless I know you're good at spy vaults. Even then, I generally go do them, myself, and leave my buddies to do the siphon.

On 7/3/2017 at 3:22 AM, TheGodofWiFi said:

Were those failures because of you, or morons who run into the vault you're currently in and setting off the alarm?

Two of those were my mistakes actually.  Only one was someone else who messed it up and even if the alarm is set off as long as it's not one of the more difficult vaults, it's still generally pretty easy to get it extracted in time.