Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why do people hate Mag?

CephalonBot

I've always been a fan of playing Mag and she's my current fav frame

But I always hear people claiming that she's trash and whenever I do ask people why, they can't give me a proper answer

So could anyone please inform me of why so much Mag hate exists

I think its because they can't "Niche" her. Due to the assortment of Nerfs, Bugs, and current abilities, a lot of current popular playstyles are incompatible with mag. 

And that's just it. I mean, everything comes down to trends. Everything, fashionframe, squad setups, players saltiness towards frame selection, it all runs down to what is popular at the time.

(Yes there are outliers. But they are few and far-in between).

20 minutes ago, Ershardia said:

why

because

20 minutes ago, Ershardia said:

she's trash and whenever

That's why.

No, I'm not claiming that she cannot do damage... she can, but yet still she's useless. Too much situational. In most of them, she's simply useless. Just like that.

Because two NEEDED nerfs....

Greedy pull was a stupid thing, and it was not even viable since most loot was under the map at the end

Her old 3 (2) was tardis OP against corpus, but turdis against everything

Most people saying she's bad are salty because they used her only to cheese content, the other part is just bad and misinformed. No worries Mag still have a pretty active and dedicated player base

"Mag is not needed for endgame" LEL, when she's the best boss nuker of the game, git gub fam :clem:

Edited by Xgomme

I never got to experience her god time with the corpus or her  original greedy pull, but I find her to be rather decent. Area denial and incredible damage buff with her 2, armor and shield removal with some aoe included with her 3, quick and cheap large scale CC with her Pull. Crush is sub par in terms of damage and in terms of everything else, cast time too long, so much so that you can get shot from the enemies that you affected by the time you end it. 

Her recent animations fix help, but she still needs some tweaks to her crush to be more useful. Adding some CC to it post cast without the need of an augment would be a great start, then add some synergy with pull or magnetize to further increase its damage/utility potential.

Maybe with these changes and more she'll get to shine once again.

@THeMooN85

I'm not trying to fight, I have a genuine question, so please read this as if you were being asked a question by a close friend. 

Isn't every warframe situational though?

I mean, yeah. Mag has no niche. She was nerfed out the backdoor and into the woods- but Mirage, Wukong, even Equinox- Aren't they situational too?

You CAN play with them. You just aren't guaranteed to be able to Synergize well with the mission objective every single time. (I used the word! AAAAAH! SYNERGY!) Very different than excalibur or loki

Anywho, I know some people don't like mag just because.

I know some people who love mag just because.

I mean, you cant judge a frame for everybody. So really, she is just trash... for you. And this isnt smearing your gameplay. I will let your stats speak for you. You know your game :)

Other people can make her work though. 

"Ones man trash is another mans treasure"

Just now, kbowser said:

@THeMooN85

I'm not trying to fight, I have a genuine question, so please read this as if you were being asked a question by a close friend. 

I mean, yeah. Mag has no niche. She was nerfed out the backdoor and into the woods- but Mirage, Wukong, even Equinox- Aren't they situational too?

You CAN play with them. You just aren't guaranteed to be able to Synergize well with the mission objective every single time. (I used the word! AAAAAH! SYNERGY!) Very different than excalibur or loki

Anywho, I know some people don't like mag just because.

I know some people who love mag just because.

I mean, you cant judge a frame for everybody. So really, she is just trash... for you. And this isnt smearing your gameplay. I will let your stats speak for you. You know your game :)

Other people can make her work though. 

"Ones man trash is another mans treasure"

Basically you have some "meta" frames people love to use because they're cheap to mod, easy to use. And all the other frames wich will need either skill or a brain to build something decent.

If you take Wukong (He is invincible, that's his niche) and mod it like a turd, you'll have one of the worst frame when you should have a godmode. And imo Mag is even more tricky to build as a "to go" frame, but it's totally viable.

BTW, Equinox is covering most roles in the game, wrong example. And Mirage have some OP dps builds you can use without a brain, but most other builds will need a lot of parkour skills

But you're totally right, any frame can work with the right playstyle, if the frame is not fitting yours you can find it "horrible" when it's another people main

Just now, Xgomme said:

Basically you have some "meta" frames people love to use because they're cheap to mod, easy to use. And all the other frames wich will need either skill or a brain to build something decent.

If you take Wukong (He is invincible, that's his niche) and mod it like a turd, you'll have one of the worst frame when you should have a godmode. And imo Mag is even more tricky to build as a "to go" frame, but it's totally viable.

BTW, Equinox is covering most roles in the game, wrong example. And Mirage have some OP dps builds you can use without a brain, but most other builds will need a lot of parkour skills

But you're totally right, any frame can work with the right playstyle, if the frame is not fitting yours you can find it "horrible" when it's another people main

Yeah, sorry bout the examples. I know equinox can work some miracles, but to my (minor) knowledge she needed high quantities of enemies to fully use her abilities. I have Mirage, I know she is viable for some high DPS. I know wukong is good but is sometimes used poorly. So, sorry for the bad examples. XP 

I was just tryin to say using the word "trash" and then saying "its not possible for Mag to be good" is a bunch of baloney. But you got the message :)

Thanks for the correction!

Her Magnetize hinders gameplay of others. Whether someone uses it correctly or not, it still block shots. So if there's enemy behind that bubble, tough luck.

Maybe the player does it out of good intention, but it's nonetheless irritating when I want to focus on kills.

Just like Limbo's Stasis, Frost not cleaning up bubbles, freezing enemies over and over again, giving extra health preventing Rage usage, Nyx standing in a doorway with Absorb.... etc.

It's kinda just down to what players want out the game, I suppose. They want to survive, I want to rack up kills. In most loadouts, they contradict each other.

54 minutes ago, Ershardia said:

I've always been a fan of playing Mag and she's my current fav frame

But I always hear people claiming that she's trash and whenever I do ask people why, they can't give me a proper answer

So could anyone please inform me of why so much Mag hate exists

Most of her hate comes from meta players, honestly.  She isn't first choice for damage, CC or healing, so, metawise, she's useless and a lot of players can't see beyond that.

Some of her hate comes from bandwagon jumpers, who hate on her and may have never played her.

But in the end, who cares what others think?  You're playing and having fun, that's the only thing that matters.

Everything she does others do better. That's all.

She used to be useful against Corpus now she's just mediocre against everything. You won't amaze anyone with an ability that can strip armor (useless) or get ememies in one bunch and explode them after storing up the damage for some time in 2017.

No.

There's a bunch of frames that are super solid and work everywhere - not that you can do any mission solo with any of them but you can do all the missions having them all if you get what I'm saying. Then there's situational frames that you can play and then there's the likes of Mag, Hydroid, Mesa and so on that you won't even notice if they're in your mission or even in the game at all. Delete them 90% of players won't even notice or miss them.

Edited by -Temp0-

Maybe she just is a spade? I don't think most people think Mag should be in a bad place and I do think players want her to be good but she is currently in a bad spot. I've been looking at Mag for quite some time and I wonder how much of her issues are caused by the limits of Damage 2.0, Magnetic procs and Mag's thematic powers. I mean how much of her kit is limited by Damage 2.0 elements alone? Would she be really good otherwise? Or is her kit and stats innately the problem?

Personally I do see the problem being more about Damage 2.0 elements, the problem with Warframe shields in general and phasing. I do think her rework gave her more use and made her more interesting, but I do also think her kit leaves a lot to be desired still. Not a rework, but tweaking overall. Or then she'll get to a good place if they ever decide to rework the damage model system (Steve kind of hinted they won't, for now at least).

Edited by BETAOPTICS

@kbowser fortunately we all have so much other frames that everyone of us can choose whatever he/she want.

I find Mag useless... to me, same goes to Ash, Atlas, Mirage, Wukong, Zephyr, Hydroid. Nezha, Titania. Why I'm so predictable? Like most of others? Because... I like to have fun while playing the game instead of getting frustrated. For me Mag is too slow, too squishy (oh, I already hear those thunders about overpowered ahields etc), drains too much energy, doing too little damage (another thunders... "oh you noob, Mag is the most powerfull, etc,").

Yes, Mag comparing with ie. Chroma, Nidus, Ember, Loki bla bla bla is useless.

15 minutes ago, -Temp0- said:

Then there's situational frames that you can play and then there's the likes of Mag, Hydroid, Mesa and so on that you won't even notice if they're in your mission or even in the game at all.

Trust me, you'll notice when I join your squad as Mesa

14 minutes ago, THeMooN85 said:

@kbowser fortunately we all have so much other frames that everyone of us can choose whatever he/she want.

I find Mag useless... to me, same goes to Ash, Atlas, Mirage, Wukong, Zephyr, Hydroid. Nezha, Titania. Why I'm so predictable? Like most of others? Because... I like to have fun while playing the game instead of getting frustrated. For me Mag is too slow, too squishy (oh, I already hear those thunders about overpowered ahields etc), drains too much energy, doing too little damage (another thunders... "oh you noob, Mag is the most powerfull, etc,").

Yes, Mag comparing with ie. Chroma, Nidus, Ember, Loki bla bla bla is useless.

When you play only against lvl50 enemies you should not make generalities about warframes. Ember sucks for content where Mag will just destroy mobs.

Even the guy named MagPrime say she's bad at damages ? WTF is wrong with you guys, never heard about Mag+Lanka or what ?

Never tried to exploit projectiles weapons with her 2 ? Never tried the buffed Pantera of Miter ? Never tried an argon scope Tonkor build with her ?

People should keep talking about frames they actually use, could be more useful :clem: