The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains of Eidolon

DonGheddo

yep, we've got some comments by... which one was talking during the demo? steve? but I don't think that all of his comments were things we could actually buy... the rugs, fish heads and paper mache masks all seemed like background items, and I think that steve commenting on their sale was not specifically meant to mean that WE could buy them... more of an NPC flavor thing.

Personally, I just hope that we can get a bird as a companion... I want to be mordecai from borderlands now. (harrow's even got the beard for it)

@Zisruj @PrVonTuckIII @redeyedtreefrog

TennoCon had some thing like a early Preview.

Any more information on current work leaking out before Updates Public released that is not official (because of the timing and state of readyness), is not going to be welcomed because it would be a leaked, and agreement unless by Staffs of Digital Extreme.

And of course, a map with markets and icon where things are lay out in the Markets would be "another nice little thing" (extra feature). And might not be too needed once you know how the Market is layed out. OR

I think most people will appreciate Menu > Fast Travel > Specific Booth. Which, has increase walking distance for Tennos that had to go on the move.

See you in Plane (almost said Plain, hmm) of Eidolons!

If game worth like 8,5⭐ with umbra and open world is going 2 become not 10+⭐ is going to bee 100⭐ and all you need to be is happy for this amazing game and thats it. And live De to complite the game because they show us that all that they did from now its all amazing work.De now is going in good direction and this free 2 playe game is going to be best game  when we get more of open world maps. And sorry for my bad English 🤔😊👌😛👏👏

Edited by Vlada91

I am super hyped about the coming landscapes, and have had some thoughts about things that would be cool.

Firstly, it would be awesome if the enemies had enhanced versions of existing weapons, that could be built, or picked up while in the world. examples: veteran's grakata (a well worn grakata with kill marks.) hunter gorgon (a gorgon with zoom, and fired in bursts of five) tactical sheev (bonus damage when equipped)

2) We all know about the crafting system coming with PoE, but wouldn't it be cool to be able to build primary and secondary's as well?

3) area specific assassins, like the G3, but these guys come after you if you kill a large number of grineer while in free roam.

4) roaming sentients (battlyst, conculyst)

These are just some thoughts, what do you guys think?

We might get crafting for the other types of weapons in the distant future, but I won't bet on that. It's way more work than what a melee crafting system implies since there are way more variables that need to be taken into account.

1) Hmm... I'd be interested to see pieces of those variants tied into the weapon building.

2)That would amazing, but I'm not sure that DE would be up for letting us do that just yet.

3) That could be cool -- sort of like a faction-specific killsquad to eliminate the Tenno if they get too problematic in certain outposts.

4) Isn't kind of already happening with the Eidolons? Or do you mean something smaller during the day?

Well, since we already saw Dagryns(I think that's how it's spelled) flying about it wouldn't be out-of-the-world to have local Grineer command react to the third point by sending specially-skinned Ogma gunships, alone, duos or trios of a named battlegroup that Lotus might warn about to come after you on the ground(go ahead and ascend to the skies if you like). I've always wanted to be chased by Grineer gunships in the game, at any rate.

On 7/13/2017 at 1:45 PM, Robin-da-Reaper said:

Well, since we already saw Dagryns(I think that's how it's spelled) flying about it wouldn't be out-of-the-world to have local Grineer command react to the third point by sending specially-skinned Ogma gunships, alone, duos or trios of a named battlegroup that Lotus might warn about to come after you on the ground(go ahead and ascend to the skies if you like). I've always wanted to be chased by Grineer gunships in the game, at any rate.

That'd be cool. It'd really be cool if we had some elite Grineer units (I vote for Nightwatch) who were roaming around and stationed at special elite bases that, when we attack them, become alerted. Then there can be a Alert Level system (kinda like Ghost Recon Wildlands) where the more we fight them, the higher the alert level goes. Then, at each level, more unique enemies start showing up to attack you. So you can start with just infantry units at Alert Level 1, then Alert Level 2 you get like ground vehicles (say, Grineer hover tanks), and then Alert Level 3 you get Dargyns, and then Alert Level 4 you get Ogmas.

Oh, and by the way, to hear someone speak of the Grineer in terms of Command, Gunships, and Battle-groups makes my heart sing! Because I think that's exactly how we should be talking about the Grineer.

Edited by A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n

6 hours ago, chaosmatcher64 said:

So once PoE comes out, what happens to the normal missions? Wouldn't players be more inclined to go explore around the plains than actually playing the game's missions? Unless, there was a way around that and I'm just being dumb.

I don't see that as an issue...............

On 7/11/2017 at 9:11 AM, A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n said:

No, it shouldn't just be endgame content. There should eventually be an endgame landscape, but plains of Eidolon shouldn't be it. It should be accessible to all players. I've played games that are only geared towards vets, and those games completely alienate new players. Warframe doesn't need to be that kind of game. Having different areas of the open world that are higher level is sufficient. And they can have an alert level system so that we can always fight higher level bad guys. If they draw inspiration from games like Ghost Recon Wildlands, then they'll be on the right track imo.

EDIT: You know, this shouldn't even be accessible to new players though. I mean, you should need to have TWW completed, which requires Sedna unlocked. So, that's not a low level place. So it honestly shouldn't be catering to new players anyway.

The "endgame" landscape should totally be something crazy like an apocalyptic battlefield with lava and volcanoes and meteors and towering sentients fighting titanic grineer mechs while monolithic corpus raptors rain death from above.

Edited by Legion-Shields

3 minutes ago, Legion-Shields said:

The "endgame" landscape should totally be something crazy like an apocalyptic battlefield with lava and volcanoes and meteors and towering sentients fighting titanic grineer mechs while monolithic corpus raptors rain death from above.

Tenno's Bizzare Adventure

7 hours ago, TheGodofWiFi said:

I won't lie, as soon as PoE comes out I won't be spending as much time on the star chart. But that's purely a visual reason. I'll still be going back to the chart to farm occasionally but I'm pretty tired of corridors by this point.

Real questions are

1. Will the entirety of the star chart be revamped into landscapes?

2. Could you FLY in an Archwing area IN SPACE and then board a space ship and THEN start fighting INSIDE it? 

Not for us obviously, our Warframes and archwings are our vehicles. 

But what about grineer tanks? We are always destroying them in sabotage but never seeing them in action. Will we be seeing NPC vehicles in PoE? Robots? Warframe Zero Dawn? 

52 minutes ago, Aveu said:

Not for us obviously, our Warframes and archwings are our vehicles. 

But what about grineer tanks? We are always destroying them in sabotage but never seeing them in action. Will we be seeing NPC vehicles in PoE? Robots? Warframe Zero Dawn? 

100% ALL OF MY YES. Would love to see what the devs do with this update!!