The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains of Eidolon

DonGheddo

1 minute ago, Cris0407 said:

DElayed...

I hope You are right!

We'll see in 1 month :>

Look, if it comes down to saltiness and bashing on what DE could and have done before, this is the easy part. But the thing is that... PoE is not a small project for a company like DE. They are pushing the engine and the team into new territory (for Warframe at least) and after 10 years of WoW, believe me I appreciate 2 good caves over 10 placeholder caves.

2 minutes ago, LazerSkink said:

Never knew that, and that game has a s*** ton of explorability (obviously given the verticality as you said).

Well, I was understating it, to be quite honest. Subnautica was always bigger than Plains of Eidolon, even at 3km x 3km, and I just checked my figures to find I was mistaken. The square area of Subnautica is 4km x 4km.

So, I was wrong, Subnautica is far, far, ridiculously bigger than Plains.

On 9/18/2017 at 5:21 PM, BornWithTeeth said:

So, I was wrong, Subnautica is far, far, ridiculously bigger than Plains.

Well, Plains being favorably sized or not, it's still (goes without saying) significantly bigger than our usual tilesets, comparatively of course, and that's good enough for me.

Edited by LazerSkink

Just now, LazerSkink said:

Well, Plains being favorably sized or not, it's still (goes without saying) significantly bigger than our usual tilesets, comparitively of course, and that's good enough for me.

If it was 10km x 10km, people would complain that there is not enough content within it.

So let them give us a big, resounding success instead of an enormously ambitious failure of epic proportions.

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Just now, Wulfray said:

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

You forgot A A A A?

1 minute ago, Cris0407 said:

You forgot A A A A?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA  AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Edited by Wulfray

Besides, it's not a huge deal. Open world plus caves/dungeons is pretty much how a lot of games work, so that's fine.

That said, I'm particularly interested in how DE envision the game as working a year from now. What I mean by this is the following:

If someone were to ask me what the gameplay, session style, and most importantly, play area/zone of Warframe is like right now, I would describe it by saying that you have a mission hub which is the command deck of your ship. On this deck, you build new weapons, arrange your loadouts and build, and access the mission menu. The mission menu is a map of the solar system, and from it you click on nodes to launch into those missions. Missions are typically short, and take place in procedurally generated maps which represent the interior of enemy ships or installations, lots of corridor battles as well as large chambers with lots of vertical parkour manoeuvre options. Once you've cleared through the entire star map/mission menu once, you have access to any and all of it again, whenever. Most of the missions you do once you're finished the map are special missions which are up for a limited time, like invasions and unique alerts, which might or might not have a weird wrinkle in how they work, and have better or more special rewards.
                       You'll spend most of your session time either tinkering with stuff on your ship, or running missions to achieve progress towards whatever you're working on.

So...a year or two down the line, will I instead say that Warframe's playable area and session play consists of your mobile base (your ship), and then of playable combat zones which are split between huge open world environments on multiple planets and procedurally generated raids on smaller installations and orbital/offworld spacecraft? Will I say "Yeah, you'll spend a lot of time in the early game in huge open world planetary territories, occasionally going offworld to hit specific targets for alerts, then you'll go to the outer system to git gud and level up hardcore gear before returning to what were once early game areas to do the night time hard-as-balls endgame content,"?

1 hour ago, PoisonHD said:

Did you hear that they haven't had a final art, or lighting pass yet?

I'm hoping there's gonna be more than just extra lighting. If you've ever played mad max, you'll know of a couple of towns that are under ground. I would love that in warframe. You come into a cave really deep under and you see a small grinder outpost there 

1 hour ago, Cris0407 said:

So like  Steve said;

Plains Of Eidolon area would be 3x3 KM = 9 KM2

Now we have 2.25x2.25 = 5.06 KM2

Didn't we?

DKCWn0NXoAA9Nml.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/rebbford/status/909896638998761472

Just for joke!

Does someone have a reference sheet for how big this is? I can't really think of what 2.25km is in my head or 5.06km2 is... 

Like what do other games have in comparison, what's the closest game to this size? 

2 minutes ago, Arniox said:

Does someone have a reference sheet for how big this is? I can't really think of what 2.25km is in my head or 5.06km2 is... 

Like what do other games have in comparison, what's the closest game to this size? 

Subnautica is roughly 4km x 4km, but Subnautica is also 2 km deep, due to being a game about underwater exploration.

Skyrim is something like 7 km x 5 km, so, think of Plains as being around, maybe, one sixth the size of Skyrim.

You do realized that in WarFrame, there is so much that will rendered?

Like Most Games, rendering the whole place (Open Areas) would be just Graphic Consuming. 

I learn that while in Planetside 2, "While Game is Massive Land-wise, Rendering depend on the Graphic very much".

And Yes, having High Quality, Immersive Environments (small percentage) may set WarFrame from just any other OW Games.

Good Luck! Expect Lands, but want Contents.