Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains of Eidolon

DonGheddo

2 hours ago, FashionFrame said:

just means a more polished project for us!

The way DE works, I'd sooner bet money on just shoving more stuff into the update, or making edits to something because someone isn't 100% happy with a concept.  Like someone is a perpetual first time writer and they keep editing their work instead of just getting on with writing the rest of the damn story.

1 minute ago, Littleman88 said:

The way DE works, I'd sooner bet money on just shoving more stuff into the update, or making edits to something because someone isn't 100% happy with a concept.  Like someone is a perpetual first time writer and they keep editing their work instead of just getting on with writing the rest of the damn story.

I'd guess more for bug fixes... remember when TSD hit?

I actually changed the shortcut on my computer to Bugframe when it hit

2 minutes ago, Littleman88 said:

this is exactly what im hoping they aren't doing, but they probably are. the worst thing to do when you're starting to wrap a project is to decide to add to it or make a significant change to something. outside of when its actually necessary anyways. and, as we all know, they might be able to get rid of the worst bugs, but the smaller ones will always be there

12 minutes ago, Zephyr said:

I'd guess more for bug fixes... remember when TSD hit?

I actually changed the shortcut on my computer to Bugframe when it hit

I'm somehow doubtful they'll delay what sounds like two whole weeks for bug fixes.  You generally don't have an accurate ETA on bug fixes, it's kind of a hunt and trial and error.  It's why a developer can say "we'll have a hotfix ready and the servers up in two hours!" only to find we're waiting for 12+ hours while someone in the office pops their 4th pair of migraine pills and steers way clear of a forum where the freebies are demanding "compensation."  Realistically, developers will tackle the big ones that break things and keep us from playing, maybe the smaller ones they found and can squeeze a fix in, and then we're set loose to flush out the rest.  Also realistically speaking, they won't find ever "unplayable" bug until the game goes to public. 

Studios judge each bug if it's even worth bothering with, because fixing a bug can cause even more bugs (no joke.)  Ergo, no game will ever be bug free.  And besides, when it comes to bug hunting, numbers trumps time.  Every time.

No, delaying for weeks usually means content additions/adjustments.  Those are the kinds of things a manager can schedule around.  They're also a pitfall a developer lead can constantly fall into.  Particularly leads with a vision they won't compromise on, which if I recall was why TWW was delayed for so damn long.

Edited by Littleman88

9 minutes ago, NightBlitz said:

this is exactly what im hoping they aren't doing, but they probably are. the worst thing to do when you're starting to wrap a project is to decide to add to it or make a significant change to something. outside of when its actually necessary anyways. and, as we all know, they might be able to get rid of the worst bugs, but the smaller ones will always be there

Shhhh!!!! DON'T give DE any ideas.

Remember the war within fiasco? They went with X story, then scrapped it and went with Y story, it wasn't good enough, scratched it and went it Z story. A full year of delays was enough for an entire life... lets keep DE from doin' that this time alright? No one mention the TWW subject and the whole idea rework around it, it's... too risky! *inserts anxious screech here*

Just now, FashionFrame said:

Don't make me send Valkitty after you! 

Did i say you were wrong? o-o; I mean, uh, right. Yeahh, positively absolutely and utterly completely totally for sure undeniably right. 

HAH

kidding

You can't use the arsenal in the forums. And knowing you, you're probably using saryn orchid, bright enough to blind and blind man. Checkmate.

7 minutes ago, Zephyr said:

Did i say you were wrong? o-o; I mean, uh, right. Yeahh, positively absolutely and utterly completely totally for sure undeniably right. 

HAH

kidding

You can't use the arsenal in the forums. And knowing you, you're probably using saryn orchid, bright enough to blind and blind man. Checkmate.

Touche. You win this round bird man! But I'll be back! 

I have a spectacular idea.
When they get to the point of saying an approximate time of release, just before saying it they stop themselves! Add 1-3 extra months to the one they are about to say, profit.
Now instead of people complaining that is is DElayed again and having to save face we would have a pleasant surprise when they announce that "unexpectedly" they finished a month sooner and the update is arriving.
But what do i know about PR and what players want?...

It will be done when its done.  DE has a decent track record of releasing good updates.  When that will happen?  Who knows, but if I had to guess, it is likely within 7-14 days.  There is always the chance that some catastrophe pops up and dramatically pushes it back.  But I feel fairly confident it won't be like TWW.  The big issue there is that they kept rewriting the script due to it feeling underwhelming.  PoE isn't really a huge story point so the concept should be fairly concrete.  In any case, I hope to see you guys in Cetus gearing up for kaiju hunts!

4 hours ago, Koloricsi said:

I have a spectacular idea.
When they get to the point of saying an approximate time of release, just before saying it they stop themselves! Add 1-3 extra months to the one they are about to say, profit.
Now instead of people complaining that is is DElayed again and having to save face we would have a pleasant surprise when they announce that "unexpectedly" they finished a month sooner and the update is arriving.
But what do i know about PR and what players want?...

So 1-3 months past fall, January-March. This is why DE has been saying Fall and 2017 in ads, to avoid that delay hammer. Give the viewers hope, but not enough that you can end up disappointing them if it hits the fan. 

6 minutes ago, Danjal777 said:

It will be done when its done.  DE has a decent track record of releasing good updates.  When that will happen?  Who knows, but if I had to guess, it is likely within 7-14 days.  There is always the chance that some catastrophe pops up and dramatically pushes it back.  But I feel fairly confident it won't be like TWW.  The big issue there is that they kept rewriting the script due to it feeling underwhelming.  PoE isn't really a huge story point so the concept should be fairly concrete.  In any case, I hope to see you guys in Cetus gearing up for kaiju hunts!

Hell yes! They're getting close to release, and they're being very smart about it by not saying "oh it's for sure out on this date!" instead, they're HOPING to have it out in the next week or so, but not making any actual promises! DE learned from TWW, they're making the right moves, and bringing us a polished update! 

TSIA. I'm not exactly a loremaster but from what I got from StallordD's Warframe lore video, the Sentients are manmade. Or at least machinery of some kind.

I just wanna be familiar with the lore behind the Eidolons and whether these hulking beasts can be considered the same thing as the small adaptive drones we see on the Moon every now and then.

According to Steve, long ago on Earth, the sentients tried to bring down an Orokin tower. They failed in doing so which is why PoE is litered with sentient parts that are somewhat dead. As a result, the land is full of sentient energy and the sentients in that particular area have awaken to rebuild themselves.