The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hydroid Prime reveal

RobWasHere

Hydroid prime revealed on Tennocon looks pretty sick.

hydroid_prime.jpg

3c27d6bf1b89696f917312d830633e24.jpg

But still we didnt get any info on his rework. Seeing how his abilities are working now, I guess simple tweakings like Oberon had wont do, he need some drastic changes. What do you all think? Also, what prime visual effect he would have?

It is getting funny when a prime frame comes out with less 'metal' than a quest frame.... harrow has so much 'metal' in his design that he looks more prime than some of the primes. 

And what is it with everyone expecting a pirate... hyrdroid is off the sea so you have options like neptune and triton to work with.  Personally I think he looks fine and plenty 'sea like' and it's not like oberon was turned into a cow or anything when he got primed when he's the king of the fairies....oh wait....

32 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

it's not like oberon was turned into a cow or anything when he got primed when he's the king of the fairies....oh wait....

He didn't, Oberon prime is based on the Jacob Ram. 

hope.jpg

Scott somewhat confirmed a hydroid rework during tenno live. Someone asked the question about any balance reworks for trinity and he jokingly pointed out that there are some that needed it more like hydroid

(I might be mixing up two different questions, but he did mention hydroid getting  reworked)

I believe they said they'd be looking into reworking. Really hope they're taking a good look at the feedback section.
I actually disagree with you though, I don't think drastic changes are necessary at all which I addressed here. Improving upon what already exists would work fine.

Hydroid

• Transparent water texture, not opaque.
  • Aiming should be as clear as Nidus aiming. Currently hydroids aim doesn't exist if there's an equinox in the squad.
  • New stat: Evasion.
  • Deep Tendril spawns tentacles on ground finishers, targeting enemies, not hitting the floor and not targeting the floor.
  • When incapacitated, casts 3 but doesn't deal damage with it.
  • Tempest Barrage gets more damage & duration the more enemies there are in the area and the ability starts when the cast animation starts. Doesn't collide with frosts bubble or other physical entities of other warframes.
  • Tidal Surge can be cancelled, minimum velocity cap*, breaks objects, reduced vertical hitbox* & opens up for finisher on wavebreak.
  • Undertow, click to shoot out tentacles to pull enemies in, cast abilities while in Undertow, move camera normally* & double energy drain to relocate Undertow.
  • Tentacle Swarm targets grineer objects too, not just corpus objects. Doubled energy drop rate for enemies that die from any source whilst taking damage from a tentacle, tentacles relocate when not dealing damage to anything, tentacles turn into small puddles if there are no targets to strike to improve performance. Knocked down enemies are held still & crushed by tentacles rather than swung around. Tentacles have collision with enemy projectiles.

Augment improvements

• Corroding Barrage changes Deep Tendrils tentacle to salvo.
  • Tidal Impunity applies to all friendly targets, including companions, operatives & rescue targets. Can be cast more than one time*. Stops energy drain from proccing like Inaros status immunity.
  • Curative Undertow allies of any kind also gain +5/7/10 seconds of bleed-out.
  • Curative Undertow is deployable rather than self-cast.
  • Pilfering Swarm makes enemies drop loot when taking damage from tentacles rather than doing so on death, akin to Ivaras pick-pocketing.

34 minutes ago, Iccotak said:

He didn't, Oberon prime is based on the Jacob Ram. 

hope.jpg

not imo he doesn't, his face looks more like a cow than that ram even with the extra 'horns' (more decorative items than horns to me), not to mention the 'bovine' hump on his back

1 minute ago, LSG501 said:

not imo he doesn't, his face looks more like a cow than that ram even with the extra 'horns' (more decorative items than horns to me), not to mention the 'bovine' hump on his back

You can have your opinion. But digital extremes has openly said that it is based on goats.  They often refer to Oberon as "goat frame"

1 hour ago, Othergrunty said:

Looks great.

Always thought Hydroid would look better with some of the padding on his legs removed. Seems they replaced those with the "coat" parts.

I had the same thought. I feel like the skirt part on the front should be shortened up so it looks like he's wearing a long coat instead, but aside from that it's a great looking prime. 

30 minutes ago, Iccotak said:

You can have your opinion. But digital extremes has openly said that it is based on goats.  They often refer to Oberon as "goat frame"

IIRC thats about the original one in which I can agree because it has goat elements to it but not the prime.  If they're saying it about the prime have you considered they might be saying that due to the comments that came up on the forum regarding the sacred bulls.... not that it really makes any difference either way because the original comment was more to show that a prime doesn't need to be a literal 'change' from the original design to the original design with added gold bits, it can be changed to suit the designers creativity whenever they want. 

12 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

IIRC thats about the original one in which I can agree because it has goat elements to it but not the prime.  If they're saying it about the prime have you considered they might be saying that due to the comments that came up on the forum regarding the sacred bulls.... not that it really makes any difference either way because the original comment was more to show that a prime doesn't need to be a literal 'change' from the original design to the original design with added gold bits, it can be changed to suit the designers creativity whenever they want. 

No, on the stream when they were playing the new Oberon prime, they called him "goat frame prime"

I honestly don't care about the rework, I'd play Hydroid Prime simply for fashion frame purposes :3 though they did mention him getting a rework during TennoLive but honestly couldn't care about it. Though he is probably still months away from release so he may change slightly in appearance between now and then.

kHxlAXx.jpg

Would of loved seeing that all being gold accents as well though, he's a pirate he needs more gold. Well mainly would of just loved it on the back and on the bottom (front and back).

Edited by iMalicious

• 5 weeks later...
On 09/07/2017 at 5:23 PM, iMalicious said:

I honestly don't care about the rework, I'd play Hydroid Prime simply for fashion frame purposes :3 though they did mention him getting a rework during TennoLive but honestly couldn't care about it. Though he is probably still months away from release so he may change slightly in appearance between now and then.

kHxlAXx.jpg

Would of loved seeing that all being gold accents as well though, he's a pirate he needs more gold. Well mainly would of just loved it on the back and on the bottom (front and back).

There is such a thing as too much gold, you know.

46 minutes ago, iGnome21 said:

Im fine with his skill set overall. Only rain thing might get a boost. Raining Blood hell yeah.

Personally I'd do a complete overhaul. 

Tempest Barrage would become sort of like a rainstorm aura that follows him around draining energy.

I'd combine Tidal Surge and Undertow together. For example when he uses Tidal Surge, he will leave behind a large trail of water that functions like Undertow. This way Undertow actually becomes useful and allows Hydroid to not be stuck in one place. It would make it a truly great CC ability because you'll actually get to play the game instead of just sitting on your arse being a useless puddle.

I'd move Tentacle Swarm down to the third ability slot and replace the ultimate with something new entirely, like Excalibur's rework.

The new fourth would be an AOE that leaves a lasting effect. Hydroid pushes both hands onto the floor and releases a massive AOE wave that sends enemies flying, covering the area in a lasting pool of water. Any enemy that steps on it will suffer direct health damage over time and have a corrosive proc applied which will reduce their armour by 25%. This would be hard capped at about 50% no matter how much power strength you put on, as allowing him to remove 100% armour from every single enemy would be a little OP.

That's my ideal rework. Hopefully DE does something similar to combining Undertow with Tidal Surge, to make both abilities that much more useful, the former needing that sort of attention the most. Doubt this will ever be implemented but hey one can hope DE takes inspiration from it at least.

Edited by TheGodofWiFi
Forget the name of his first ability.