Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PoE could be plat friendly

SineSole

On De_Steves twitter, he replied to a question by saying that the use of plat in the PoE markets should be rare. So what do you guys think? Will we be purchasing things with credits? Resources? Or maybe even a new currency the merchants of Cetus use that we farm in the plains?

Edited by Rogue_Striker

I expect it to work much like the current Market. Only flipped so that the Plat prices for "quick buy" will be the thing you have drill down for. Otherwise it will be Credits and Resources up front.

Warframe needs more resource sinks. What we don't need is more currencies.

we already have credits, ducats, plat and rep as currencies. just let us use credits, most older players have nothing to do with there massive hoards of credits.

or the barter system, so much salvage and morphics lying around. 

or if there must be a new currency let us trade in extra resources for it.

Edited by Wrum

It's reasonable to expect plat being a shortcut towards getting goodies, as it currently is. You can also expect to have to forma crafted weapons, have to instal catalysts in them. So there will be the normal plat investment. I certainly hope it's not plat heavy. Not that I mind plat, but for many people, the way of getting plat is trading, which means we'll have to get out of the plains to get plat in order to be able to trade in Cetus. It won't be as immersive. 

But there will be a cost of 26 plat per weapon per player (catalyst and slot) if they want to keep all their weapons. That's a buck per weapon.

Weapon slot and catalyst purchases may skyrocket as a result of the new mechanics and if they make crafted weapons tradeable, which they should, plat purchases will be in outer space. We will have to farm to unlock various weapon parts, and whoever finds the most broken meta parts first will be a wealthy, wealthy Tenno.

Edited by QuietBiro

What would the NPCs do with plat? It has no use in the game world. (From a lore perspective). As mentioned, 26plat per weapon. Then you have different decorations and those need a stand =>IKEAframr=>plat.

If the things in there work on a barter principle, one can always buy resources for plat.

Unfortunately, I'm relatively sure they'll add a new resource. Why not 'orokin wall chunks'? We use that to trade thing for it or contribute it to restoring the tower.

What I want to see is a weekly fishing competition with prizes. Nothing spectacular, maybe a fish trophy?

Edited by vasvaska
Orokin Wall chunk

I think a new currency that we can earn not only through helping the people, trading in things we gather, and even selling some of the resources we already have (looking at you alloy plate) would it best. This way people can sink in useless resources if they want to, it encourages people to do to missions to earn money, and it's is new player friendly. 

1 hour ago, HerpDerpy said:

a new currency sounds awful to me. we already have like 3 which is plenty.

would rather it be credit/ resource based.

But that'd be unfair for new / casual players , u know we have millions of credits and resources.

Agree with new currency that can be farmable on open world map  ALSO there must be a barter / trade system like 10k ferrite for 1 Cetus coin or something.

Edited by Aeon94

There is no reason to create more resource sinks for credits or regular resources.  So what if veteran players have a ton?  That happens eventually in any game with resources and farming.  It's not a problem.  What is a problem is creating resource sinks to drain veterans that then screw over new players.  

Another currency as a replacement for plat would also be terrible.  Why force more farming on players that have already farmed or spent for the premium currency?  Another currency as an alternative to plat would be better.

Ideally what that statement means is that while you can many buy things with plat in the new market, there will be very few things that you are forced to buy with plat.

3 minutes ago, Aeon94 said:

But that'd be unfair for new / casual players , u know we have millions of credits and resources.

Agree with new currency that can be farmable on open world map  ALSO there must be a barter / trade system like 10k ferrite for 1 Cetus coin or something.

Steve said that they are going to add a bunch more resources into PoE, like the fish. so it wouldn't be unfair to new/ casual players since everyone's going to have to go and farm those.

If they added a new currency it would be unfair to the long time players imo. we've spent all this time in the game getting these resources and credits so we should be able to use them. And if DE is going in this new direction with big open maps and new settlements then they would be making all the stuff we collected obsolete which is also a big middle finger to all the vets.

4 minutes ago, HerpDerpy said:

Steve said that they are going to add a bunch more resources into PoE, like the fish. so it wouldn't be unfair to new/ casual players since everyone's going to have to go and farm those.

If they added a new currency it would be unfair to the long time players imo. we've spent all this time in the game getting these resources and credits so we should be able to use them. And if DE is going in this new direction with big open maps and new settlements then they would be making all the stuff we collected obsolete which is also a big middle finger to all the vets.

as I said we can trade our unused materials / resources for new currency for a fair amount , it will make both sides happy :D

Edited by Aeon94

we don't need more currencies, we already have kuva, rep, ducats, credits, plat, and focus (you use focus points to buy focus upgrades, that makes it technical currency), we need resource sinks

However, we need a resource sink that isn't bollocks. and by that I mean, rare resources that can't be effectively farmed can't be the main resources used, or it's gonna turn every single item into the new hema grind. like, we can't have tellurium and mutagen masses be a main staple resource in this new open world, because unless they create a better way to farm rare resources in this new world, people are gonna say F*** it, and continue using the weps they already have

6 minutes ago, Aeon94 said:

as I said we can trade our unused materials / resources for new currency for a fair amount , it will make both sides happy :D

all that does is add a useless extra step... new plays will still have very little and vets will still have huge amounts.

36 minutes ago, HerpDerpy said:

all that does is add a useless extra step... new plays will still have very little and vets will still have huge amounts.

It does add a useless extra step ? 

- New Currency ? // Nope, " long time players " have to farm something new.

- A Barter System ? // Unfair , " long time players " have more resources than newbies.

So what kind of solution do you offer other than its resource / credits based since it is unfair for new players ?

to OP , plat as optional currency is fine but not everyone uses plat so we need a required currency for PoE stuff and I say Cetus Coin is fine by me.

Edited by Aeon94

7 minutes ago, Aeon94 said:

It does add a useless extra step ? 

- New Currency ? // Nope, " long time players " have to farm something new.

- A Barter System ? // Unfair , " long time players " have more resources than newbies.

So what kind of solution do you offer other than its resource / credits based since it is unfair for new players ?

to OP , plat as optional currency is fine but not everyone uses plat so we need a required currency for PoE stuff and I say Cetus Coin is fine by me.

Agreed, and again (in my opinion) whatever this Cetus Coin is shouldn't be an extremely rare resource, just a form of currency farmed in the plains or maybe obtainable by trading resources. 

Edit: As a new culture I believe it'd make sense that they would have a different form of currency.

Edited by Rogue_Striker

Just now, Rogue_Striker said:

Agreed, and again (in my opinion) whatever this Cetus Coin is shouldn't be an extremely rare resource, just a form of currency farmed in the plains or maybe obtainable by trading resources. 

Ofc it shouldn't be extremely rare. You can get Cetus Coins by ;

- Farming during PoE missions and completing those missions

- Completing specific challenges ( catch X amount of fishes to get Y Cetus Coins ) 

- Killing Eidolon