Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's your LEAST favorite tileset?

Tuxie

Aesthetics-wise, most things Corpus related.

Gameplay-wise I'd have to agree with what most people are saying about the main tilesets of Eris and Europa.

Now there are some that annoy me sometimes, like the Kuva Fortress or the Grineer Sealab, but at least the aesthetics of these tilesets make it bearable for me personally.

Edited by LoveYourEnemy
Added some stuff

The Corpus Ice Planet would be my choice, since a lot of the area can zap my Shield just for being there.

I also kept on going lost in the Kuva Fortress, and as some people said above, the mini-map somethimes doesn't help. Kinda makes sense, since a Fortress is supposed to be designed to keep people out or give a massive home-field advantage.

Newly re-mastered Earth now moves to one of the tileset I actively avoid, mostly since my first experience with it is massive lag. Which is sad, since what little I can see is actually quite beautiful.

13 minutes ago, Gamma745 said:

Newly re-mastered Earth now moves to one of the tileset I actively avoid, mostly since my first experience with it is massive lag. Which is sad, since what little I can see is actually quite beautiful.

I get a lot of lag in the new Earth as well to the point where its unplayable. I hope they fix this soon because it looks really nice.

while infested ship is a ruined corpus ship it's still sort of decent

corpus ice planet is a literal train wreck.

not only it is in ruins for no reason

there are a lot of places you can get stuck in debris when trying to jump to the right door or navigate the tile itself, huge height changes with no elevators/ladders- they are just there because something somewhere broke off

most broken tileset. literally.

Edited by Pro3Display

I can't think of any tilesets I dislike persay, but in a general sense, the Grineer Galleons. But that's pretty much saying out of the 5 or so of the main tilesets, it just happens to be at number 5; in other words I still enjoy the tileset, I just like others a bit more so.

I think it's mostly because of all the greens, yellows, and browns the whole dang thing is, it just starts looking like a mush and becomes less discernible. Doesn't help when I have to do a survival there or Defection and everything starts looking the same lol. also it's a pain in the feathers trying to Tailwind around as a Zephyr player >___>

Other than that, the Grineer shipyard(?) tileset via the one in the Banshee Prime trailer. Too many friggen invisible walls that respawn you which is a pain in the Ash when you're Warframes like Zephyr, Titania, Equinox, Chroma, and the like. I don't know why it's still a thing to loose your stacked buffs and active abilities, but man does it get frustrating when all it takes is one Eximus Blitz or Arson/Caustic to knock you off the map, loosing essentially all your hard work.

On a practical stance, I guess infested ship? As others have already said, the dark tile makes things hard to see, and the red everywhere makes spotting the kuva nearly impossible.

Aesthetically however i really like it.

Going in the order of most annoying to least annoying that would be...

1) Eris/Infested Ship. Cramped, ugly, restricts movement a lot, can be a pain to navigate at times.  Larger variant of Infested salvage (the hologram map) just added insult to injury.

2) Europa aka corpus ship graveyard. I get it, authentic looks are cool. It really looks the part. Too bad it's not fun to play in a junkyard filled with debris, as in at all. 

3) Kuva Fortress. Another industrial nightmare. Looks kinda cool, but is a royal pain to get around in. Also, too many hatches to fall through and catwalks in awkward places. 

4) Uranus, Defense map and the entirety of Sharkwing parts. Just no. 

5) Broken/underground parts of Lua. While intact Orokin rooms are amazing, every time I reach another gray cave made of rectangular blocks I want to get out of there asap. Boring, dark, a pain to move through. 

Corpus archwing. I hate that trench run tileset. Cool in theory but so frustrating to fly around. Bump bump bump...

Uranus because of the sharkwing parts.

Infested ship. Too cramped. Kuva runs are a pain on this tileset because the clouds are hard to see and sometimes spawn super close.

10 hours ago, AXCrusnik said:

There are 2 "corpus planet" tilesets. One of which is exclusive to mostly on Europa, with a sprinkle on Mars and Neptune's poles. Therefore I simply refer to it as the Europa tileset. Also they're all tilesets (1 "room" = a tile... in a set of themed tiles), some just happen to not be on space ships.

The other one is called Corpus Outpost...

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Tile_Sets

For me it is a tie between Europa Icy Tile Set and the Kuva Fortress. Europa's is too damn long and too many dead ends, Kuva Fortress is too annoying to fight in with all those one shotting and annoying traps, and just like Europa, it has too many dead ends. The Exterminate on this tileset I think was the largest map in the game, it was beyond painful to search for cache's in there, fortunately they toned it down recently and it's only about half of what it was before. 

Kuva Fortress.

It' not a tileset. It's a maze.

Minimap does not help with navigating. Same goes for the markers.

It's like:

• Go left.
  • Now go right.
  • Go down.
  • Go up.
  • Turn around.
  • Congratulation you reached your destination. But my Warframe is at the room where the mission began with a big fat question mark above his/her head.

Player: Lotus pls help me.

Lotus: Ok. Go left. Then turn around. Then left hand blue. Right hand red..

Player: We are not playing Twister Lotus :facepalm:

Sometimes i wish that i could summon a hologram of myself that shows me exactly where i have to go.

Earth.

Ever since the introduction of the jungle i have been dreading going to Earth for missions. The environment is overall extremely uneven and constantly has jagged surfaces or corners which you or the enemy can get stuck at, also potentialy screwing up bullet jumping. Sometimes it's also just difficult to navigate the environment with invisible walls or having to take paths that are not obvious from the map or what is visible when on the run.

I'd like to add that the infested Corpus ships around Eris have the same issues.

Though at least they aren't as annoying as night time Earth, where you can barely see anything in the darkness and the Warframe's flashlight is highly unreliable if not distracting. Combine that with the above mentioned uneven and jagged surfaces and Ceres looks downright friendly in terms of mission flow and visiblity.
It's also somewhat weird that a space ship flying around a distant dwarf planet with it's lights off still has more visibility than Earth under moonlight.

The recent addition of high grass, plantlife and foilage just made visibilty worse and mostly added distractions to the environment, making everything look far more busy than necessary. Overall it only added more visual fluff, rather than making the tilset in any way better. I find this addition entirely redundant and would have prefered if the work for it could have been used to create new tilsets for Earth or improve other mission tilsets. For example finaly adding the Corpus ship rooms which were introduced with the Eris and Europa to the regular Corpus ships.

Of course this is only my opinion and i've seen others who have been totaly amazed by the new visuals.

Neverless. For me Earth is currently the worst tilset to play on.

Edited by Othergrunty