Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Login Reward Problem In Warframe

Scholar_Andrew

Dear Digital Extremes,

The Primed Shred has become available to obtain today, should the player have reached the 600 day login reward. The stats look great, and the utility is doubtlessly phenomenal. I'm excited to get it.

Unfortunately, I am not in the position to obtain this mod at this time due to my job occupation, being unable to login to the game for months at a time because of work. This is unavoidable, and there is no workaround to this problem.

I am approximately 200 days behind receiving this login reward and there is no way to 'catch up' to the time lost. That's it. You snooze, you loose. Too bad.

This is VERY disconcerting, as it seems very elitist in concept to restrict access to content by playtime. There is no means to 'earn' this time back, or redeem the days lost to return to the 'current' achievable login day reward.

The game is very much still playable, and there is much I currently enjoy and more I look forward to. I will not downplay the frustration of this, though, just because there are other good things available and in the works.

To be frank, current aspect of the login reward system passively 'locking out' players is incredibly bad. Just really bad.

Thanks for reading, and I'd like to get as much feedback as the community has to offer.

Have a great day!

(Also on REDDIT and STEAM forums)

Primed Shred? That really makes me regret all those days I was too depressed to log in :(

I think maybe the login rewards should be less unique, but maybe more valuable-imagine getting a week long multibooster as a loyalty reward at 600 days. Or even longer, go crazy and make it a month. 600 days is pretty impressive. But for people coming into this game new, or like OP who have been physically unable to login, or those who have illnesses, I can imagine it being rather discouraging looking at builds on Youtube and Twitch using these mods and going "Well, I'm never getting that".

I do not think daily logins should go, just that their nature has to change.
While I believe unique weapons to be alright for some earlier rewards, I think the later rewards all should be exclusively of cosmetic nature.

I'm all in favor of removing unique mods from this, but replace them with some cosmetics.

I will not offer you pity, but instead, a solution. If you can, if you actually find the time but can't do it because you can't have a client of Warframe installed on your PC, try to keep that PC running, and get teamviewer, so that you can actually control your PC (from your home) from anywhere despite the fact you're away from home. If I'm not mistaken, you can use teamviewer from your cellphone, in that case, it could be the fastest option possible. It says mobile device, so tablets should work, if at least not exclusively.

I hope you get to your desired reward, I'm like a 100 days from it.

2 hours ago, Andrew-1224 said:

This is VERY disconcerting, as it seems very elitist in concept to restrict access to content by playtime.

Most of Warframe is build around this concept. Just to name a few: Nitain alerts are restricted by playtime, certain mods/weapons are restricted by events or Baro bringing it. And some decorations are also restricted and might never come back. 

The game is very much still playable, and there is much I currently enjoy and more I look forward to.

Nobody really needs this mod to experience better gameplay. It is just like Primed Fury - a collectors item. 

To be frank, current aspect of the login reward system passively 'locking out' players is incredibly bad. Just really bad.

In my opinion the login reward system is actually quite good. You do not have to log in at consecutive days to get good rewards. It is just logging in - no further actions are required. And because no further actions are required you could use a very old notbook with just 1fps to catch your daily login reward.

It feels unfair, i played Warframe for so long, logged in daylie, then i had a break when they suddenly changed the login system,

now im palying again and have to start at day 1 in the reward system.... 

A friend of mine just wanted to start warframe, and after he asked me what daylie reward system is, and i told him that he has to login 300 times to get a cool weapon,

he instantly quitted,

Another problem with this system is that the number increases continously, someday you need 1000 logins to get a new warframe or somthing, 

many new players wont start the game because of that system, they wont be able to catch up

p.s. sry for my bad london

Edited by Whupwhup

3 hours ago, Andrew-1224 said:

The game is very much still playable, and there is much I currently enjoy and more I look forward to.

Then what's the problem? Not a single login reward is mandatory to play/beat the game on ANY difficulty. You also aren't getting "locked out", you can still play the game and beat any content in the game without even having a single one of these rewards.

If they would change the system in a way which made it possible for newer players to acquire these mods, I wouldn't be an elitist jerk and be "mad" that newer people get it faster than me. However, just as I respect founders being there earlier than me and having some exclusive stuff I will NEVER get I think newer people could try to respect that people played earlier/more often than them and that they will get the login rewards at least eventually as well.

So, I'm pretty indifferent on this, but the reasons brought up (essentially, when you are honest and break it down: "I WANT, WAH!" - because, once again, there is no NEED for any of the login rewards) everytime this comes are simply not a valid reason in my eyes.

I, along with many others, have had hundreds of hours played in this game before the current daily log-in reward system even existed and we didn't benefit from it whatsoever. I may not log in everyday, when when I play I might do it from 7am on a Saturday to midnight.

To me it would make sense to do it based on time played, rather than which days you logged in. As mentioned above, this system only rewards people that take 2-seconds while already at home to login, then move on with their day. It doesn't reward dedication to the game at all. 

Why not do it as 1 total hours played, 5 hours, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 40, 50, 75, 100, 150, 200, 250, 300 and so on. You really want to encourage players to play, and be rewarded for that effort this sounds like a better deal.

Many other games also use a "welcome back" campaign to renew interest.

I think Plains of Eidolon would be a good time for such a campaign: All old players logging in for the first time after x months will receive login rewards for all days since last log in.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Deeceem said:

Then what's the problem? Not a single login reward is mandatory to play/beat the game on ANY difficulty. You also aren't getting "locked out", you can still play the game and beat any content in the game without even having a single one of these rewards.

If they would change the system in a way which made it possible for newer players to acquire these mods, I wouldn't be an elitist jerk and be "mad" that newer people get it faster than me. However, just as I respect founders being there earlier than me and having some exclusive stuff I will NEVER get I think newer people could try to respect that people played earlier/more often than them and that they will get the login rewards at least eventually as well.

So, I'm pretty indifferent on this, but the reasons brought up (essentially, when you are honest and break it down: "I WANT, WAH!" - because, once again, there is no NEED for any of the login rewards) everytime this comes are simply not a valid reason in my eyes.

so what about all the players who played before they changed the login reward system?

we all had to start from day one! 

no reward for our loyalty to the game

Primed anything are mods that are not mandatory to begin with, you don't need to excell at the game and this also applies to Primed Shred

If you place the time and dedication into the game, then you can get a bonus in the form of primed shred, so in other words all you need is to keep playing the game, you can't complain just because some players got it faster than you, they logged in to get there, so just do the same.

Edited by KIREEK

30 minutes ago, KIREEK said:

Primed anything are mods that are not mandatory to begin with, you don't need to excell at the game and this also applies to Primed Shred

If you place the time and dedication into the game, then you can get a bonus in the form of primed shread, so in other words all you need is to keep playing the game, you can't complain just because some players got it faster than you, they logged in to get there, so just do the same.

so you think its okay that you have to play  login  like 3 years to get a mod? while you need only a few month to complete everything in warframe?

Edited by Whupwhup

9 minutes ago, Whupwhup said:

so you think its okay that you have to play  login  like 3 years to get a mod? while you need only a few month to complete everything in warframe?

Yes

I also completed the game nodes and i keep playing, i will also eventually get primed shred in 9 days, i will be rewarded for playing for this long.

7 minutes ago, KIREEK said:

Yes

I also completed the game nodes and i keep playing, i will also eventually get primed shred in 9 days, i will be rewarded for playing for this long.

good for you....

bad for the players who finished most of the game before they changed the login reward system, and dont have a reason to play everyday or just missed the whole thing and joined to late, and cant catch up anymore...

its so nice to see all the new youtube videos and forum threads about the new cool stuff you cant get because you are 300 days+ away from it....

Edited by Whupwhup

Not only i am one of those players you speak of, but warframe is a game where you pick your own objectives, some player left because they no longer have a goal in the game, why should such non playing players receive the same content of the players who have been playing pretty much everyday.

You guys are not exactly "poor saps" because primed shred and the weapons are never basic things you should need, this isn't exactly the same as the mk1 weapons and serration, those are essential if you want to go beyond the starting planets, primed shred on the other hand is an extra for dedicated players, that's it

4 hours ago, Whupwhup said:

good for you....

bad for the players who finished most of the game before they changed the login reward system, and dont have a reason to play everyday or just missed the whole thing and joined to late, and cant catch up anymore...

its so nice to see all the new youtube videos and forum threads about the new cool stuff you cant get because you are 300 days+ away from it....

You are lying.  You can get the cool stuff.  You just need to login 300+ more times.  It's the way it is.  It's an imperfect reward system, but it's far better than the old system.

Since this is the exact same topic as the one next to it, I'll just copy & paste.

Know what?

You know how it's fair?

You have access to EVERYTHING released in the past five years NOW.

You want to unlock a different warframe every day for a month once you have the MR requirements?  You can do that.  You didn't have to play when the rare Rhino BP went for 800.  You didn't have to wait for a fifth warframe. 

You have close to immediate access to over four years of content and you're complaining about the ONE MOD you can't have right now.

I hate to sound like the old man, but you honestly have no idea how better off you have it than the guy who started the game.

ONE MOD.  ONE MOD you can't have right now is all you care about.  Nice.

25 minutes ago, Troll_Logic said:

Since this is the exact same topic as the one next to it, I'll just copy & paste.

Know what?

You know how it's fair?

You have access to EVERYTHING released in the past five years NOW.

You want to unlock a different warframe every day for a month once you have the MR requirements?  You can do that.  You didn't have to play when the rare Rhino BP went for 800.  You didn't have to wait for a fifth warframe. 

You have close to immediate access to over four years of content and you're complaining about the ONE MOD you can't have right now.

I hate to sound like the old man, but you honestly have no idea how better off you have it than the guy who started the game.

ONE MOD.  ONE MOD you can't have right now is all you care about.  Nice.

its not just one mod, its all the other stuff too, and the 800...900....1000 days login rewards 

and its about the way you get this stuff, you get punished for having a reallife,

what i hate the most is when people got something, and dont want others to have it, maybe they feel something special or something? oO

for founder packs i understand, they helped DE with the founderpacks, so they deserved to have something what others cant get.

why shouldnt everyone have access to daylie rewards? you think you "deserved" the mod for logging in 600 times? XD

what makes you special when you launch the game, and quit again like most of the people do!

i know my english is bad but i hope you get the point

26 minutes ago, Troll_Logic said:

Those are the rules of the game.

Why should they change for you because you want the mod now?

they should change the system for everyone, im not so far away from it, but if someone start now, he/she have to login 600 times ! that makes no sense

you dont get a reward for beeing an active part of the community, you get rewarded for logging in everyday, you dont even have to play,

3 friends of mine got the mod today and they dont even play warframe, they just login to get all the stuff, and dont give a f*** about it

thats not how the system should reward players

Edited by Whupwhup

So how have you manged to play until now if you cant fathom a bit of extra RoF and PT not being part of your loadout for x days. Shred still works as good as it always has and will continue to do so after anyone has this mod. Primed Versions of Mods don't suddenly invalidate the non p version. With a Bit of RNG you could have a Riven that does what this will do plus more or less (I have a Tonbo Riven that has more reach than P.Reach while being more effective than Buzzkill in one mod)

There is no problem with the Login system, only a problem with people who for whatever reason are not upto the level of what they want but believe they should have it or be boosted up to it. Login when you can and you will get your bonus when your have accrued enough. I look forward to eventually getting P.Shred to add to my collection but am in no rush (just ticked over 450 the other day so have 50 more days till the next free bit of MR.

15 hours ago, Andrew-1224 said:

I totally agree with you here. DE should really stop making more milestones for logins that aren't cosmetics. For the day 700 login reward, I'm interested in seeing either a "Zenistar" themed syandana or armor set rather than another weapon that is time-locked two years from new players. I don't think DE should stop rewarding people for playing this long, but please do it in such a way that doesn't take new players two years minimum to get the next OP weapon or the next OP primed mod. Whenever I get a 500+ day login reward, I currently don't fell rewarded for logging in for 500+ consecutive days. It feels like more of a reason for me to not invite new players into Warframe because DE starts introducing new game content into warframe that is time-locked. Further more, DE has to balance new content around the the login "rewards" (i.e. imagine a new version of the Plains of edelion boss that comes to another planet a year from now. But if DE introduces a powerful day 800 login reward mod and a powerful day 900 reward weapon that new boss must surely be balanced around the possibility of a select few veterans of having such powerful yet time locked content. This thought really sadens me)