The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Another CP thread full of toxicity

Enedora

I'm not actually here to spread the infection. Sorry for the bait.

Sure, I do prefer a 4xcp group in most scenarios because I never cared for melee invis slash cheese, but I just take the time to recruit my own team if it's even mildly important to have the armor reduction, and when it's not, it's not.

I just wanted to ask, what most players do with their builds and frames to get around CP and Armor, besides the obvious such as Invis Slash cheese and Corrosive 100% status weapons? Largely, since I enjoy building a sensible team regardless of the Auras I end up playing Mag or Nova to compensate for armor (with either raw amp & slow or hard removal with crush augment) and while there's a few exceptions (like running Kohm with my 100% status riven to shred with Slash+Corrosive) I generally stick to countering it through warframe abilities. Are there any really good options that you prefer over the aforementioned that I should give a try? Assume a situation where killing is efficient (because if killing isn't efficient, the answer is probably Loki or Limbo) because there's no actual predicament in a scenario where killing isn't.

So, as a summary: No Naramon, no invisibility, no corrosive status weapons. What's your (next) go-to answer to high armored targets? Just trying to find some new unique options.

Edited by Enedora

Well, in terms of something general that isn't dependent on any specific frame, I always bring my Smeeta Kavat with Swipe and Sharpened Claws. 

Apart from that, while I do make use of slash procs and viral procs in combination together, I haven't used naramon in a long time -- I just feel cheap using it. That's pretty much it for stuff I would recommend that isn't specific to one frame. 

The rest is more frame dependent. Even Vauban can remove armor if you really want, although I admit he's a tough example as it's really hard to build it on him and be effective without an EV Trin or spamming pads until your thousands of polymer disappears before your very eyes. 

You could call it a gimmick, but sometimes going into a sortie where armor is augmented, I used to bring Ash a lot. Everything he does ignores armor. 

I've brought an unforma'd hydroid recently and did most damage in a sortie three -- his fourth ignores armor as it thrashes them about. 

Inaros may be almost entirely a gimmick in every respect, but pocket sand plus finisher with a dagger with CL doesn't care how much armor you have.

Edited by Tesseract7777

Slash does wonders. Slash + Viral even more so. Slash + Viral + Blinding frames = godlike.  

There are multiple ways of dealing with enemies, unless you go to lvl 150+ on a regular basis, CP is far from a necessity as long as you mod your weapon accordingly, because there's no point in one shotting an enemy with 1k damage or 10k damage, he's still gonna die in one shot. So I`d rather take something that provides utility like Growing Power  in order to get better buffs or empty up one mod slot, Energy Siphon to always be able to cast something without having to rely on drops or pizzas until Zenurik is available. Steel Charge save up 1 forma if the frame doesn't need that much power strength. 

Edited by aligatorno

27 minutes ago, Enedora said:

I'm not actually here to spread the infection. Sorry for the bait.

Sure, I do prefer a 4xcp group in most scenarios because I never cared for melee invis slash cheese, but I just take the time to recruit my own team if it's even mildly important to have the armor reduction, and when it's not, it's not.

I just wanted to ask, what most players do with their builds and frames to get around CP and Armor, besides the obvious such as Invis Slash cheese and Corrosive 100% status weapons? Largely, since I enjoy building a sensible team regardless of the Auras I end up playing Mag or Nova to compensate for armor (with either raw amp & slow or hard removal with crush augment) and while there's a few exceptions (like running Kohm with my 100% status riven to shred with Slash+Corrosive) I generally stick to countering it through warframe abilities. Are there any really good options that you prefer over the aforementioned that I should give a try? Assume a situation where killing is efficient (because if killing isn't efficient, the answer is probably Loki or Limbo) because there's no actual predicament in a scenario where killing isn't.

So, as a summary: No Naramon, no invisibility, no corrosive status weapons. What's your (next) go-to answer to high armored targets? Just trying to find some new unique options.

Melee combos with knockdowns for finisher damage on exposed targets (Ignores armor and shields). It's part of what makes the stance Tempo Royal powerful. Or you could just slam the ground to knock them down but that's not as fast.

Edited by Golmihr

Kavat, Adarza being probably the best for long runs. Or maybe smeeta, I'm not sure if double pick-ups counts for life support. 

Sentinel lover? Forma the Prisma burst laser. It has a bottomless clip, shoots pretty fast and has a very high status. Put seeker on it and it'll apply corrosive in a large group. 

Other than that? Frame by frame either it's their augments or base abilities. 

Spoiler

Ash - Seeking Shuriken if not Fatal Teleport Covert Lethality builds. 

Banshee - Well, she does enough damage to not care about armor with Resonance, but you can use Sonic Fracture and change up your gameplay a bit. 

etc.

Though, there are also a ton of frames that can't change armor values through powers or augments, and you'll have to rely on synergies. Such as Ember Prime WoF and melee knockdowns, which forces stealth attacks. 

Inaros 1 + Jat Kittag + Vulcan Blitz = Finish 1 monster = Finish all of them.

You can replace Inaros 1 for Nidus 2 or Vauban 4
You can replace Jat Kittag for Prisma Obex (less efficient because of lower damage stats and lower ground finisher multiplier)
If using Prisma Obex, replace Vulcan Blitz with Entropy Detonation

Edited by Imniscor

58 minutes ago, MistressMoonpaw said:

Simple: Raw Power. My Chroma is so strong both defensively and offensively that enemy armor doesnt matter to me. My Soma Prime, when held by my chroma, hits for 150.000 to 200.000 damage per shot on armored grineer.

See this is an example of why discussions like this can get so toxic. People tend to focus on "me" "my" "I" "myself" while forgetting that this is a co-op game. That's why auras were designed to stack. 

2 hours ago, xXx_mtv_xXx said:

See this is an example of why discussions like this can get so toxic. People tend to focus on "me" "my" "I" "myself" while forgetting that this is a co-op game. That's why auras were designed to stack. 

Im the only one i can rely on, thats the problem. I carry 90% of the time

I use Chroma alot, since his damage multipliers are way too high for all enemies. If played out correctly and permanently keeping up the buffs, while using some kind of lifesteal weapon (Hirudo, Furis etc.) you should have no problems with lvl 200+ Heavy Gunners. I'd also highly recommend using the Zenurik focus tree so you'll never run out of energy.

1 hour ago, xXx_mtv_xXx said:

I'm guessing you play solo a lot, which is also understandable. CP is barely useful without stacking.

Even as co-op game, especially with random join-in-progress matchmaking, it's hard to find three other people who have Corrosive Projection. 

It'd be like if I based my Chromatic Blade Excalibur build on three other people having Growing power to take me over 180%. I can't be mad at randoms for not placing trust in someone happening to bring the right stuff, and I can't say they're the problem either. 

I deal with it with corrosive. Lots and lots of corrosive. Other factions are easy enough not to use any other status, so it deals with all the annoyances. 

Edit; rip, saw no corro weapons at the end. That's the only way I really deal with it lol.

Edited by Ker-Blammo

2 minutes ago, GrayArchon said:

Abating Link Trinity. Surprised no one's suggested her yet. She's my go-to. I love any ability that gives status immunity and the armour strip is icing on the cake.

The problem with this is that it is somewhat random in what enemies are affected and it is only 3 enemies at most. As far as teams go, it's not really suitable for armor stripping. 

26 minutes ago, aligatorno said:

The problem with this is that it is somewhat random in what enemies are affected and it is only 3 enemies at most. As far as teams go, it's not really suitable for armor stripping. 

Doesn't Ash's Seeking Shuriken only target, like, two enemies? And you have to keep recasting it? Link stays up for like 30 seconds with a duration build and provides protection in addition to stripping armour. If people are suggesting Seeking Shuriken then Abating Link is a viable option too.

Disclaimer: I don't play Ash so maybe I don't fully understand the utility of Shuriken.

6 minutes ago, GrayArchon said:

Doesn't Ash's Seeking Shuriken only target, like, two enemies? And you have to keep recasting it? Link stays up for like 30 seconds with a duration build and provides protection in addition to stripping armour. If people are suggesting Seeking Shuriken then Abating Link is a viable option too.

Disclaimer: I don't play Ash so maybe I don't fully understand the utility of Shuriken.

Indeed,Seeking Shuriken only targets two enemies, but you can cast it multiple times to strip off a group. It is really fast and really cheap, and you can choose who you target. 

Abating Link is great for solo tho. 

Edited by aligatorno