The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Update 21.4.0] Hydroid Revisited Feedback

[DE]Danielle

Since he can transform himself into a puddle i'd like to expand this concept a bit further, and i'd replace his 2 entirely with the ability for hydroid to inherit Liquid or Steamy forms while still being in his "warframe " state.

( switching from a form to another much like Ivara's quiver arrows )

In Liquid Form he should be impervious to all sorts of hitscan/projectile weapons, at the cost of little energy ( not too much to wipe out the energy pool in a second not too less to be able to stand in a crowd of 20 HG's for 5 mins without dieing obviously ), in this form only AOE explosions will be able to hurt him / slow down & eventually incapacitate him.

Pretty much like the T1000 in terminator 2 where he was impervious to bullets but a nade exploding in his chest cut him open and incapacitated/slowed him down enough for his targets to escape. This is just a rough concept, feel free to expand with more ideas & balance solutions to avoid being too OP

Steam form ( kinda like cloudwalker but keeping more of a shadowy figure rather than just a cloud shape ) will stun/blind enemies in his surroundings, he can't deal dmg nor use weapons in this form but it can be a tool to quickly disrupt a crowd and dispatch them with melee weapons after the stun and after switching form or turning it off or whatever else you prefer., or enemies loses 90% of their accuracy making it difficult for them to target & hit whoever ally is surrounded by the steam.

This is pretty much a rushed idea but it's some food for thoughts nonetheless :devil:

Also a cool feature would be for him to Mimic enemies so he can run walk among them, and they'll start attacking only if hydroid attacks too , it's an alternative to invisibility and it can have some niches usage out of this

Edited by arm4geddon-117

I really don't think turning Tidal Surge into his slide is a good idea. Tidal Surge is a fine ability that needs some mobility tweaks, like being able to press jump to cancel it. But it's a nice synergy with Undertow, and I wouldn't want to lose that.

Can someone give some feedback to the ideas outlined here: http://i.imgur.com/KVgMA2W.png

I posted the image earlier, but it didn't get any mention.

One of the better parts about Undertow becoming a bubble instead of a puddle, is that you can actually get a decent line-of-sight on enemies to pull them in at range. One of the problems I've found with this mechanic is that being so low to the ground means having a hard time reaching enemies just over ledges.

Then giving the current puddle graphics to Tentacle Swarm + Barrage (Tentacle Storm) would clearly outline exactly where tentacles and water is going to be targeting enemies. Which would give a much better sense of where the effects are going to take place.

We need a real Kraken. Not a shy little dude that pops up to say "hey" and then goes back to his room. A real actual Kraken that slides around and smacks enemies down with his tentacles.

Like many others I've played the.. 'new' Hydroid for a bit and am not too happy. I think it was just some QoL improvements instead of a rework as needed.

However constrictive criticism is the only one I want to give so:

Passive: Hydroid's current passive is funny. That's it. It's neither useful not anything else. It's just funny. To change this I propose

FREEBOOTER: All enemies slain by Hydroid have a 5% chance to drop additional loot. This is in accordance with his 4th augment and it fits the pirate's theme (ARRRR)

Tempest Barrage: In general a useful and good ability with a useful augment. I think it needs some improvement anyways: A little smaller radius, guaranteed impact procs, and a shorter cast time (one handed) is what would make this ability.

Tidal fury: A combination of his current skills 2 and 3. Tapping the ability allowing you to assume the shape of a puddle (his 3 right now), while tap and holding the ability will let you crash forward into your enemies like his 2 does at the moment. He can still move as puddle instead of using the tap and hold, however movement as puddle unless with the ability will drain a lot of energy and be rather slow.

Black Mark: (Anyone seen Pirates of the Carribean?) Hydroid marks the enemy as fish food, causing all his other abilities to 1) deal double damage and 2) if killed by any of Hydroid's abilities the enemy will burst as all the water in their body escapes its frail shell, causing a blast proc and 400 damage to enemies in 6m radius.

The Kraken: A toggle that will create a 15m 'aura' around Hydroid, similar to Embers World on Fire. However instead of fire, tentacles break from the floor, striking at the enemy with incredible power before retreating back into the depths to strike again at a different target. 

http://imgur.com/a/wwPOx

Please excuse the quality, it was a lazy afternoon doodle. It shows the rythm of tentacle attacks: 3 tentacles break from the floor, deal 750 finisher damage, knocking the enemy down, disorientating them for a few seconds; As soon as the enemies are damaged and down the tentacles retreat into the ground to erupt somewhere else. The circle of eruption, damage and knocking down, and retreat again would take ~4 seconds. Every 3 seconds a wave of 3 tentacles assaults the enemy (diagram to the top right). They would erupt, dealing the damage to ONE target, but knock down enemies that are in range as it retreats. (Graphic bottom right)

Now as you can tell by this Hydroid is a Melee Brawler. He wants to get in the thicc of it and wreak havoc upon the enemy. To that end I would reverse the shield buff he got, but give him his 200 armor and 375 base health at level 30 (like Saryn). He also should get a larger energy pool considering his now 2! toggle abilities. Here I think 150 energy at base would be alright. That should equal ~600-650 energy with a Max PFlow.

One last thing I want to add is that I would appreciate a visual rework of his 4 as well. To reflect the changes made and the new looks we now have in Warframe. The model of the tentacles would stay the same, however they would have an eruption point from the ground (look at embers eruptions on her Quake) and they should get a new texture. The tentacles would be fleshy and take the colours from the frame: Soft side of the tentacle takes accent colour of Hydroid, back side of the tentacles uses Tertiary and energy is reflected in the suction thingies on them. They'd have an energy effect like Nidus does. http://imgur.com/a/R3mk0 (Please look at tentacle in the drawing to get a sense on how I imagine they could look. 2nd image is to show what patches on Nidus I mean)

When Oberon was reworked, the main concerns were a complete lack of damage and terrible range scaling which didn't allow him to heal properly.

We gave you feedback and put him into a finally good spot.

Today I tried out Hydroid, and I'm having a deja vu all over -- terrible range scaling and damage that is not precisely great. Which brings me to question: Besides being a puddle or using tentacles with the augment for additional loot, what's the expected/targeted purpose of our pirate here? Is he supposed to CC enemies? Or maybe to deal damage? Maybe his abilities could do one of either in expense of the other (which is what Frost is about: Either deal damage with Power Strength at the expense of duration, or be an asbolute CC machine at the expense of strength)

%HP here could be good for the tentacles specially -- don't try to cast this in a Void high level mission/fissure. I'd need to check the Sorties because I admittedly didn't get out of the Simulacrum (although I bet he still can do his thing there).

I mean, it seems the right idea here would be moderete duration, good strength and as much range as possible, but with the current scalings and the damage/range values he has I feel he's being held back.

I mean, Overextended already takes care of Powercreeping values thanks to its max -60% Strength, and then Transient Fortitude or Blind Rage would be mandatory here to deal damage, meaning he'd be paying something in exchange for a good ranged CC (which he could do with better scaling/base values).

On the other hand, I don't have anything against the synergies created -- there could be some bonus maybe? but overall the freedom you have moving around in puddle/casting other abilities is very welcome :)

Edited by NightmareT12

Hi, i was testing this mod today and i was impressed by the visual effect that this mod gives to you and your allies with the water update of hydroid, it turns you into jelly frames, but sadly, even with max duration it last too short, 16 sec with this setup. It should scale at least to 30-40 sec with max duration since Tidal Surge cost a lot of energy by the use that it's have by default(mobility mostly), the 16 sec that you have with max duration right now mean that you must cast a lot Tidal Surge which is crucial energy that hydroid should be expending in the other abilities that he have, also, is tricky to catch your allies with Tidal Surge which mean that you will often miss them which mean that you will need to recast it.

Edited by chofranc

I would use most of his augments in a heartbeat if modding didn't demand so many slots for his powers alone. Tidal Impunity is a good augment, not only cleansing and preventing status, but also knockdown, stagger, and stun effects letting you keep fighting without those things breaking your flow.

I would also like a longer duration on it, other status cleanse powers like Spellbind, Fire Walker, and Hallowed Ground all have low costs and more duration.

Also a funny little bug: if you use Tidal Impunity, you can see a transparent Hydroid in Undertow with his big fish tail x)

1 hour ago, Trentiel said:

Alright, I drew up a nice graphic to show off what my moderate, but still substantial suggestion to his powers would look like.

for clarity. His Tidal Surge and Undertow would still work together as they do now. But he'd actually drag everything inside his Undertow with him.

He could still cast all his other powers while in Undertow.

Barrage and Swarm were merged, because they're basically the same ability, and it seems completely redundant to keep them separate.

KVgMA2W.png

I like this except Undertow. I feel like Undertow should still be a puddle that you can grab enemies into. But the enemies should be visible (waist high) and it should be a time based ability that you can press again and leave behind. It also should drag enemies with you if you use "tidal surge". This gives Hydroid great CC potential. You walk into a room, Undertow+ Tidal Surge to grab any enemies you can, press the ability again to leave the puddle so you can help kill those enemies with your team.

I'm growing more and more concerned at all the stealth nerfs that this 'Hydroid Revisit' has been hit with:

• Undertow can now be cancelled by the Stomp of an Infested Mutalist MOA (and other similar knockdown effects)
  • Tempest Barrage effectively has a 3+ second casting time now due to the new 'charging' mechanics, in order to receive maximum benefits from the power.
  • Tentacle Swarm effectively now has a 4+ second casting time now, due to the new 'charging' mechanics, in order to receive maximum benefits from the power.
  • Tentacle Swarm had its starting range reduced, requiring the use of the new 'charging' mechanics in order to make the power cover the area it originally did.
  • Undertow has had its range reduced.
  • Undertow now cancels reloading of weapons when activated. Previously Hydroid could trigger a weapon reload, then activate Undertow to reload in safety. This can no longer be done because of the new mechanics behind Undertow.

Right now.. I am seeing far more CONS... than PROS. I'm really hoping this gets straightened out next week.

Edited by Vaygrim
Minor corrections

18 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

which swarm in survivalsWhen Oberon was reworked, the main concerns were a complete lack of damage and terrible range scaling which didn't allow him to heal properly.

We gave you feedback and put him into a finally good spot.

Today I tried out Hydroid, and I'm having a deja vu all over -- terrible range scaling and damage that is not precisely great. Which brings me to question: Besides being a puddle or using tentacles with the augment for additional loot, what's the expected/targeted purpose of our pirate here? Is he supposed to CC enemies? Or maybe to deal damage? Maybe his abilities could do one of either in expense of the other (which is what Frost is about: Either deal damage with Power Strength at the expense of duration, or be an asbolute CC machine at the expense of strength)

%HP here could be good for the tentacles specially -- don't try to cast this in a Void high level mission/fissure. I'd need to check the Sorties because I admittedly didn't get out of the Simulacrum (although I bet he still can do his thing there).

I mean, it seems the right idea here would be moderete duration, good strength and as much range as possible, but with the current scalings and the damage/range values he has I feel he's being held back.

I mean, Overextended already takes care of Powercreeping values thanks to its max -60% Strength, and then Transient Fortitude or Blind Rage would be mandatory here to deal damage, meaning he'd be paying something in exchange for a good ranged CC (which he could do with better scaling/base values).

On the other hand, I don't have anything against the synergies created -- there could be some bonus maybe? but overall the freedom you have moving around in puddle/casting other abilities is very welcome :)

SO am I correct in saying you do not play hydroid, facing groups of enemies,  which form in survivals, You see a lot of players if you read do not like enemies in the pool that they can not kill and other say it does not work with the fast pace game style of DE and the tentacles do not allow them to shoot the enemies in its current play. they also say its to rng as well as he is too squishy of a frame still to take a hit. Also the abilities do to little damage and do not scale. there is enough I believe that some of these items need to be addressed  . rework needs to address concerns for most and keep players that use him in the game happy as well. you running and  you saying mods work for you gives no value in my opinion.  And if you read most of the players. This is not a contest and bragging page of I can do it because I am just that good and know how to use the mods and look at me and everyone is below me. it is a page for reworking a frame for all of warframe to revisit and enjoy to use it.

13 hours ago, Dukethumper said:

Hydroid Rework

By this time, many people believe Hydroid needs an overhaul, with new frames coming out with complex and beautifully designed systems to make them reach the endgame such as Octavia and Nidus, and old frames being made useful such as Limbo and Oberon, Hydroid is left without and real use, and yes, you can use him, but other frames just do what he does and more, but better, here is a unique rework that can really give people a reason to buy the prime access, here is, Hydroid.

Passive:Sacrifice-When Hydroid takes lethal damage, he becomes the Kraken, consuming his crewman to rejuvinate his health, but only for a short time

First Ability:Recruit-Selects and enemy you become part of Hydroids crew, allowing them to fight with Hydroid against enemies, level changes max amount of crewmen and can only be done every 20 seconds so it isn't op, Has it's own passive that every minute that passes that a crewmen is alive they rank up, up the the fifth rank, 1st mate, giving them increased attack and health at every rank

Second Ability:Tidal Surge-Same as it is now, but now when held for the duration, calls all crew to Hydroids position

Third Ability:Flood-Created a massive version of undertow, doing low damage and keeping all enemies halfway underwater that are in the area at cast, allies standing on the flooded area get, “Flooded” , granting bonus armor and all enemies on the flooded area have 2x drop chance

Fourth Ability:Call of the Kraken-Hydroid becomes the Kraken we all always wanted him to be, granting his crewmen, “Courage”, giving them bonus damage, the Kraken can swallow enemies and keep them in his stomach doing stacking damage for each enemy swallowed, can also use melee to attack with tentacles, doing damage and cc onto enemies, slamming them into ground, not flailing them around.

This is my idea for the rework based off of many things I have heard, this keeps Hydroid his purpose, being a cc frame that synergizes well with team, and not being op because cannot nuke, but helps team. Please give me feedback and once we hit 100 replies I will post a new updated rework idea based off of what you guys changed.

If this gets 100 replies, DE should make this come true, Hydroid is the reason I started playing when he came out, and him never being fixed is why I stopped, but I started again recently and I think if this happens , DE will prove to the community that they care for their old frames and what the community wants and people could stop bashing them, thanks, and I hope you read this DE.

Meh. You should stick to feedback on what's bad and good with current ingame, the whole weeaboo "I got the best total rework ideas" is kinda cringy considering how nearly everyone has an idea of what they want hydroid to be and that it'd be balanced if it was redone into their concept.

Unless they are asking for a poll of picking from presets, such as when working on new augments, these posts are just too cringe and little to no use. If I had a platinum for everytime a dev went "That one guy on forum had a rework idea and we should implement this." I'd still be unable to buy prime junk.

33 minutes ago, leadwolf1 said:

SO am I correct in saying you do not play hydroid, facing groups of enemies,  which form in survivals, You see a lot of players if you read do not like enemies in the pool that they can not kill and other say it does not work with the fast pace game style of DE and the tentacles do not allow them to shoot the enemies in its current play. they also say its to rng as well as he is too squishy of a frame still to take a hit. Also the abilities do to little damage and do not scale. there is enough I believe that some of these items need to be addressed  . rework needs to address concerns for most and keep players that use him in the game happy as well. you running and  you saying mods work for you gives no value in my opinion.  And if you read most of the players. This is not a contest and bragging page of I can do it because I am just that good and know how to use the mods and look at me and everyone is below me. it is a page for reworking a frame for all of warframe to revisit and enjoy to use it.

Excuse me?

1 minute ago, NightmareT12 said:

Excuse me?

Yes , in your own words, Today I tried out Hydroid, then , you basically turn your conversation into , Quote::: I mean, it seems the right idea here would be moderete duration, good strength and as much range as possible, but with the current scalings and the damage/range values he has I feel he's being held back.

The simulator is not a true test of a frames abilities.

It seems to be obvious that all you are talking about here is your play and modding instead of reading and assisting in coming up with a better hydroid for all. You know what though,  I will apologize for that is how you perceive the frame and your test and after all it is your opinion.

Hi, and welcome

its been a long time since i post somewhere, its just wierd for me, before all i want to tell, that English it's not my Native Language, so dont expect a good gramar; i'm posting this here, because i know if i post it in Spanish forums, it wont be that listened (or that's what i expect :v ).
i'm from chile and i play warframe in the spanish comunity as well in the english comunity.

what i expected for Hydroid Abilities where kind of these; but DE got something else in mind :/

• Hydroid N1 "Tempest Barrage"

Well, this ability its just fine i guess, i would love to just toggle it and rains over and over, i dont know, maybe the augments can be rework(?) (that would be awesome :O) with the augment we should quit the CC, because, well that would be just too much (CC, infinite rain, and no armor, always around hydroid? that's broken man)

• Hydroid N2 "Tidal Surge"

Wave man, i like this ability, specialy now that push enemies away, its a pretty good CC ability, with the augment you can really help teammates (imagine (all the people(8))...your teammates surrounded by enemies, while you just pass by and unCC him? OP friend) i would really like to send a wave with the augment instead for the warframe being the wave, u get it?(so it has somekind of diference ingame :0)

• Hydroid N3 "Undertow"-----the problem, that make hydroid just meh--

a wise man once said, "give the people what they want", the problem is, that the people is a sleepy baby that dont know what it want.

I expected some kind of humanoid that could become "half water man" or a full water body, but instead what we got was some kind of Pee"wannabetrap" thing, that's when it first came out now with the ability semi-rework(?), we just get pee that can drown enemies...what...a...shame..(insert cersei lannister meme), what i expect, or i hope if we get another rework its a semi-water-humanoid-pirate-ninja ...(ok that's loong meeeen).

Every time i'll play hydroid again i want to feel like patrick from terminator 2, oh..u dont remember him(?) 20788665_5.jpg?v=8D1B5FAEEDF1780

YES, want to run and receive 50% damage or something, i expected to feel like that when i played hydroid for the first time, i hope that hydroid prime come with this ability intstead of this

Isaac-Cordal-climate-change-4.jpg

receive 50% to a max of 80% with mod does not soundthat bad, healing from melle should sustain.

• Hydroid N4---Tentacle Swarm--

I dont see too much of a problem of this ability, but i would looove to not just release the kraken,>>PFJqA.gif

i want that BEAST TO COME WITH A GIANT TENTACLE AND SMASH THE &%!t out of the enemies, i like the pretty little tentacles that we have right now made out of water, they're awesome, but having just 4 maybe 6 HUGE tentacle coming out of the ground ...

..and the enemies  being like 1cbf40c4bad3652602101e44ad9b3570.gif

i want THEM to pee by my abilities not me being the pee on the ground, about the damage... i dont know... its no needed to be instakill like ash old n4, but it could be a huge slam or 3 slams and then go away (each tentacle. wow that would be a pretty good thing too see :D :OO)

OK, this is my second dream, so i hope THAT someone can notice me (sempai), i 've made this post not because i hate(dread, despair..) i've post this because i really like warframe,

i been playing this game betwen update 12, i fall inlove, with the thematic, and i really sorry if u dont get it, the first time you read it (i speak spanish as my native language not english)

i got inspired by the second dream music ("warframe-the second dream extended version") on youtube, while i was drawing 2B and some other things xd, Dont be mad at me

G luck

thumbsup.gif

I am not opposed to the updates, but I am not sure it makes him make him more playable to most players.  The primary change to the updates seems to be that the abilities can be charged with additional energy to be more effective.  Hydroid doesn't have a lot of energy to begin with, and unless one has Primed Flow &/or is running Zenurik they are are likely to run out of energy swiftly.  To me this looks like lower ranked/newer players will not be able to take advantage of his new buffs at all, they will just run out of energy.

Hydroid's tentacles work at their best in choke points, so not sure the increased spread of tentacles is necessary, but on the other hand if you puddle first your tentacles will be confined to a smaller area as they all manifest from the puddle.  Yet, this still leads to the above mentioned problem, running out of energy.

Yes you can counter the energy with fleeting expertise & Streamline, but with needing to add Pilfering Swarm. for Hydroid to do what most use him for, and needing strength buffs in order for the tentacles to actually kill any enemy on a planet beyond Saturn, players start running out of room to mod him effectively.

So in summation, as an experienced player, I am not really concerned about the the changes you have made, I can easily work within them.  I feel newer/less experienced players may feel cheated by the lack of energy to use the new buffs effectively.

PS: I miss my tentacles having colour.

Rhisiart -  Clan Blue Spring

3 hours ago, Azamagon said:

Yeah, of all augments being baseline, Tidal Impunity is the most easy to put in there. But at the same time... it feels a bit weird as a baseline addition too, because then one might ask; Why doesn't this happen when he uses Undertow as well? He becomes just as "watery" then as well. But that just might be me overthinking things :P

I'll give you a relatively logical viewpoint on it:

Think of it like taking a bath versus taking a shower. When you submerge in a bath and you wash off all of the dirt on your body, you're still sitting in that dirt, for the most part. Sure, it has soap on it, but you wouldn't want someone sitting in the water with you and you wouldn't want to continue to sit in that water for a long time, nor would you want to leave the water in that tub long after you're done washing it off of yourself.

Taking a shower, however, rinses the stuff off of you and takes it somewhere else away from you.

Or, better yet, think of it like soaking your dishes versus actively rinsing them off and taking them out of the sink. I shouldn't have to explain why the first one isn't going to actually get them clean.

I Don't have too much to say except...

• The Passive Should Scale with Height of slam like dropping from the peak of a Bullet Jump Will Always give you 2 or 3 plus it should benefit from his Augments.
  1. Tempest Barrage's Corrosive Augment Should Absolutely be Standard not a Aug, maybe even on All of them to some extent. (Salt Water is Corrosive)
  2. Tidal Surge is ok but maybe make it an Impervious State to go into and move or "Surge" when you need to all while it slowly drains energy.
  3. Undertow only needs a Little bit more Base Range.
  4. Tentacle Swarm is a waist as far as Damage is concerned... Possibly making it's Damage increase like Undertow's does.
  • The Augment Pilfering Swarm is not as useful as it seems since other players are usually killing them first, Maybe making it like Ivara's Pickpocket making the longer the Tentacle has them the more it Shakes & Slams it out of them would be more of a Fit.

The main problem I have with Tempest Barrage is when you are trying to shot it throught a doorway... it will land on the doorway and not on the enemies 30m beyond that.

I suggest the effects of the missiels going down stay just THAT: an effect. The explosions happen in the designiated area anyways.

And about charging it... I would suggest having MORE barrages comming down instead of a straight up damage buff. Also, a visual effect of the charge up would be nice.

17 minutes ago, Rhisiart said:

I am not opposed to the updates, but I am not sure it makes him make him more playable to most players.  The primary change to the updates seems to be that the abilities can be charged with additional energy to be more effective.  Hydroid doesn't have a lot of energy to begin with, and unless one has Primed Flow &/or is running Zenurik they are are likely to run out of energy swiftly.  To me this looks like lower ranked/newer players will not be able to take advantage of his new buffs at all, they will just run out of energy.

Hydroid's tentacles work at their best in choke points, so not sure the increased spread of tentacles is necessary, but on the other hand if you puddle first your tentacles will be confined to a smaller area as they all manifest from the puddle.  Yet, this still leads to the above mentioned problem, running out of energy.

Yes you can counter the energy with fleeting expertise & Streamline, but with needing to add Pilfering Swarm. for Hydroid to do what most use him for, and needing strength buffs in order for the tentacles to actually kill any enemy on a planet beyond Saturn, players start running out of room to mod him effectively.

So in summation, as an experienced player, I am not really concerned about the the changes you have made, I can easily work within them.  I feel newer/less experienced players may feel cheated by the lack of energy to use the new buffs effectively.

PS: I miss my tentacles having colour.

Rhisiart -  Clan Blue Spring

But from testing I can say this: the tentacles are seeking out enemies that pass by. You can put them in an area and be asured that no one is passing by that, also it doesnt just spread them out, it increases the number as well, so all you are doing is increasing the AoE.

And yes, he is very energy hungry now.

Every frame that was tweaked recently, has become something of an energy horde if we think about it...

Come on now! The only ability in dire need of a fix is undertow. DE made it pretty clear that they have no clue what to do with Hydroid and arent interested in doing a real rework. Hydroid is not gonna change drastically! Lets focus on Undertow because sitting in a puddle when you're suppose to be a space ninja is terrible game design. Fix undertow so you can see the enemies, move enemies with tidal surge, and leave the puddle behind when you hit the ability again. Changing barrage and tentacle swarm aint gonna happen.

6 hours ago, FoxFX said:

water_release_great_exploding_water_coll

This ability can be rather invested in but if its just another Dome its just another limbo or frost move , it doesn't make him unique. What i suggest with this ability is to make it more connected to water, so what do I mean by this? 

First off my inspiration behind Hydroid is water, and water is most powerful when displayed in vast amounts, I believe that Hydroid could be an amazing Warframe with the developers skill.

Basic Stats for Bubble.(calling it bubble because i think whoever actually sits down and makes all of this has the right to call it how they feel it should be called.)

• Range 18m. so yes, its huge.
  • Energy Cost is 50.
  • DMG mods increase drowning tics. (Like in Undertow.)
  • Ability is active as long as user pleases. (It's a energy draining move)

Effect On Enemies.

• Enemy bullet flight speed is reduced by 20%. (This would add a dense watery aspect)
  • Enemies have a -30% accuracy (THEY ARE DROWNING FOR HEAVENS SAKE)
  • They get tic DMG same as the Undertow right now. (I think that the system made with the DPS is perfect if it covers more range like so)
  • If an enemy is caught in this they are silent and cannot alert enemies outside of the ring without visual sight. (Nobody hears your screams in the middle of the ocean)
  • This one I love, the heavier the enemy, the slower they go. And weight being the armor that the enemy has so, this would be a scaling ability. (This is just like in water)
  • All enemies get a 30% decrease in movement speed. (it would be rather weird to see someone run casually through water.)
  • A stone sinks faster then a feather. The more armor an enemy has the more damage it will take. (Not from guns and weapons but from the initial ability dmg and again, this scales and would make him viable for end game)
  • Rust affect A 5% tic scaling on enemy movement speed based on armor doubling every tic making its base speed go down, so even after bubble they will trend slowly. (The Science behind this one is that armor is metal and metal rusts, armor could be an amazing thing to have but like everything it has its downside in certain conditions.)
  • As well as the armor rusting, Impact Procs can "brake" their armor. When this happens their speed goes back to normal but they will have no armor. (If you dont have anything holding you back it doesn't make sense to be restrained, it also adds the the awareness of your actions. And of course it would only work if the enemies armor is rusted)
  • When the bubble goes down enemies stagger as they catch their breath and are open to finishers. (I like this Because it adds the reality into the picture)
  • Enemies are confused and always run into the middle and rarely find a way out.

Effect on User and Allies.

• Bullet speed is reduced by 10%. ( Still in water ya know but because Warframe weapons tend to be much more powerful they manage better.)
  • The low gravity passive is set on. (Again, Physics. But the range would have to be pretty good so you don't just hope out the bubble by accident.)
  • The most High armored enemy killed, based on a certain percentage would apply as additional armor on team (For allies Only the highest will buff them, while Hydroid gets the top 3, and if their armor is shattered or corrosified before killed, the armor wont help much, and of course this isn't a passive so enemy has to be killed in bubble, the idea behind this is that PIRATES LOOT MATE.)
  • All weapons are silent. (Water suppresses sound.)

Casting.

• I'm suggesting this move to substituent the second ability Tidal Surge, BUT i don't want to eliminate this ability ill discuss it more in the next part.
  • This cast takes energy per second, I think in order to balance Hydroid a second ability needs to have a draw back to be this effective. (The amount of energy I would say 4 but because i can't test this move I don't want to make a Static number.)
  • When this ability is deactivated it bursts and all water knocks down enemies in a 25m radius (every corner takes off 5m range.) Similar to how Tidal surge right now.

Other Abilities Boosts. 

• Tempest Barrage 
    • Better aim at enemies.
    • A light Drizzle that any enemy in radius will have their armor rusted. (See at the bottom what rusted is)
    • The initial charge become the base and the charge adds the drizzle.
    • Slightly longer knockdowns so it becomes easier to use finishers.
    • If it hits enemies in Undertow or bubble it causes that the tics double instantly. ( Knock the breath out of em.)

• Undertow (Quite a bit to be talked about)
    • Since i said earlier about taking out Tidal Surge I think it should be joined to this ability.
      • When pressing sprint (Shift+Direction) it does the classic Tidal Surge But instead of knockdown it just absorbs the enemy.
      • When pressing crouch (Ctrl+Direction) It does what would happen right now if you use Tidal Surge in Undertow. ( And Half range)
      • The reason I applied the half range is because when you use the Shift mode Hydroid is Jumping up and making a scene and making him more visible, but when you use the crouch version he's completely undetectable.
      • When using the Crouch movement it doesn't absorb enemies during travel and travels under them undetectable.
    • Faster crawl.
    • Slightly Less energy cost.
    • Enemies stay in when crawling (This does not apply to the Sprint/Crouch move add that i said earlier.)
    • Enemies with more armor, drown faster. (Higher DMG Tics)
    • Enemies come out with rusted armor. (Look Down to understand what Rust is)
    • If an enemy is open to a finisher when absorbed, then undertow will cause 100% of melee finisher DMG on enemy. (New Synergy)

• Tentacle Sworm
    • The charge becomes its base.
    • Charge adds Impact DMG that brake rusted armor. (New Synergy)
    • DMG increases by 5% with every enemy killed. (the Kraken Rages)
    • Higher base DMG would be nice.

New Synergy For Bubble. {I DID NOT FORGET THE BEST PART (Other synergies either already exist or are discussed above)}

• Tempest Barrage
    • When it rains inside the bubble the blast radius is increased by 20%. (More knockdowns=More CC=More survivability.)
    • Enemies that get hit their ticing DMG is instantly doubled. (Knock their Breath out.)
  • Undertow - This is hands down my favorite.
    • Since its already established that  he can turn into water, if he were to be in it he could maneuver as he pleases, making him move at his sprint speed, he can Force choke/drown an enemy by swimming into him and destroying him from the inside.
    • All enemies that were absorbed into hydroid by Undertow get realesed into the bubble. (Their ticing carries on their phase.) 
    • The DMG dealt is if enemy is open to finishers, 100% Finisher DMG based on melee weapon , If enemies are aware then 50%. After that 1/4% tic of the DMG dealt. DMG is dealt as long as Hydroid stays inside him, ignoring all armor. (He's bloody inside him.)
    • Maneuver as pleases literally means up, down, left, right.
    • He can still target enemies outside the bubble and drag them in.
    • For his augment the entire bubble becomes his radius.
  • Tentacle Swarm
    • When a tentacle grabbes an enemy it wont take it out the bubble but would rather smash it up inside the bubble after each hit increasing the initial DPS + the base damage of tentacle swarm.
    • If a tentacle doesn't have an enemy it will search outside the bubble for one and drag it in. ( Its reach from the bubble is 15 meters)
    • All tentacles will spawn inside bubble but, no matter where in the bubble it is, it still has a 15 radius to reach from the border.

Hydroid Stats.

• Shield decrese to 325
  • Health Increase to 450
    • Hydroid feels like a little of an ancient old Warframe maybe more natural would be the correct term so I believe health suits his persona better.
  • Energy Increase to 175 
    • Since he casts abilities a lot now, its unpractical for him to be only convenient with maximum efficiency and Primed Flow.

Look Down to Understand Part.

• Rust 
    • A 5% tic scaling on enemy movement speed based on armor doubling every tic making its base speed go down.
    • Armor Could be Broken with Impact procs.

Appearance changes. (Not much to talk here they did a good job)

• Tempest barrage.
    • Just the added Drizzle maybe with the tint of the energy color.
    • Already looks pretty good.
  • Bubble (calling it bubble because i think whoever actually sits down and makes all of this has the right to call it how they feel it should be called.)
    • Treasure. Everywhere. Lots of gold. Related image
    • Add also broken ship parts like so
    • Related image
    • Image result for sunken ship
    • AND In the Middle a Throne For the Kraken to be when summoned. (I couldn't find a picture but something like a bed of gold.)
  • Undertow
    • Already visually amazing.
  • Tentacle Swarm
    • Tentacles look damn fine now.
    • Maybe if the Kraken got a more shouting out appearance instead of a humble one.

This is my intake on Hydroid, I really like the ocean and its depths so for this Warframe to be able have a ton o complexity and viability would mean a lot for me, and I'm sure many other.

PEACE

1 hour ago, Chopx said:

I like this except Undertow. I feel like Undertow should still be a puddle that you can grab enemies into. But the enemies should be visible (waist high)

And considering they are supposed to be drowning... I'm now imagining this:

55cf1495388552afe64c7e6bb33f4b2f.jpg

Just now, Kaotyke said:

And considering they are supposed to be drowning... I'm now imagining this:

55cf1495388552afe64c7e6bb33f4b2f.jpg

It's a space ninja game. Do you really need undertow to be realistic. Honestly I dont need undertow to do dmg if I can grab enemies, jump out, and drop a lenz shot right on top of it.