Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[FashionFrame] Why is the Black+Red color combo hated so much?

MrM1

Because it's usually done overbearingly in a manner that doesn't look good. Lots of the red and black crowd go for the Stalker look, not the more balanced Excalibur Immortal look.

Also tends to be associated with tasteless edgy teenagers.

Because the people who use color setups that are introduced in the game readily available lack imagination. 

As fashionframe is the only endgame, taking the easy route by selecting a color scheme used by some enemy/NPC (pun intended) is frowned upon. 

It's one of those things that has easy face-value appeal, because black and red complement each other fairly well, and as such often gets overused without much thought or taste. It's the color scheme equivalent of a story trope: Effective when executed properly, but commonly misused because it's easy.

I personally don't hate them, but I just feel it's so boring and I do associate it with being edgy, as well as overused. In my humble opinion, it's very difficult for something to be black & red and still look good, if only for the sole reason that so many things get colored black and red that I am annoyed by it at this point.

The individual colors don't bother me. Just the combination of the two.

1 minute ago, Archistopheles said:

Following that logic, no color combination is creative. No matter what you do, it's already been done before.

Original =/= Creative, nothing is truly original and that is ok, but black and red and black and white are 90% of the time just lazy and a shame for fashionframe

14 minutes ago, Dwolfknight said:

Original =/= Creative, nothing is truly original and that is ok, but black and red and black and white are 90% of the time just lazy and a shame for fashionframe

I wouldn't say its lazy, there are some amazing designs done solely in black and white.

It's just a matter of taste and what the creator is going for.  

Look at my in game profile, my current Mag is pretty simple with white, black and some blues.  That wasn't laziness, that was what I found the most appealing.

Edited by MagPrime
Go in game and type /profile MagPrime (caps do matter for some reason)

I don't hate them.  I hate that most players that go red and black use the extremes of red and black: jet black (hides all the detail) and neon blood red (beyond painful to look at.)

The people that tend to go for the red and black scheme don't understand the necessity in softening the colors.  Dark gray and an actual (dried) blood red work real well together, splash in a few white accents to further contrast and tie it all together, and it looks pretty damn neat.  There's still a huge stigma attached and thus an instant -100,000 respect from every Tenno that sees you, but it looks neat.

At a glance, my frames are just all white, some brown accents (two different shades depending on placement/area coverage,) and gold metal.  I like it, but it's a pretty simple scheme.  Basically, the only unique bit is the brown.  Who uses brown as the color contributor to an outfit?

Edited by Littleman88

I don't hate it personally, I even use it myself from time to time on certain frames. But I do think that sometimes people are going a little overboard with it, with really bright reds and really dark greys. Calling everything that uses dark greys and reds edgy is really short sighted in my opinion. 

I tend to use mostly this scheme when I`m doing black and red.

Spoiler

warframe0091_by_skyrim_archmage-dbkdq1v.

warframe0051_by_skyrim_archmage-dbke90k.

warframe0067_by_skyrim_archmage-dbke8y4.

warframe0072_by_skyrim_archmage-dbke95d.

warframe0084_by_skyrim_archmage-dbkagfk.

5 minutes ago, Littleman88 said:

I don't hate them.  I hate that most players that go red and black use the extremes of red and black: jet black (hides all the detail) and neon blood red (beyond painful to look at.)

The people that tend to go for the red and black scheme don't understand the necessity in softening the colors.  Dark gray and an actual (dried) blood red work real well together, splash in a few white accents to further contrast and tie it all together, and it looks pretty damn neat.  There's still a huge stigma attached and thus an instant -100,000 respect from every Tenno that sees you, but it looks neat.

At a glance, my frames are just all white, some brown accents (two different shades depending on placement/area coverage,) and gold metal.  I like it, but it's a pretty simple scheme.  Basically, the only unique bit is the brown.  Who uses brown as the color contributor to an outfit?

behold =D

my super sayan rose goku black son wukong =D

Spoiler

Kuvahaun tulos haulle rose goku