The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kela De Thaym

khangalanga

I'm new to sorties and never once have I been more frustrated at this game. Even Vay Hek wasn't that bad compared to this turdcrack of a boss. It took me 7 tries all for a GREATER FOCUS LENS.  I was looking forward to sorties so badly, and now I know this is the one sortie that I will never be partaking in again. I had so much more to complain about before I posted this, but right now, I'm at a loss for words and just want to step away from my computer for the next eternity. 

Sorry guys, I'm just buttsore over this whole thing. /rantover

You just need some practice, it's a rather easy boss fight if you know that to take. For example, I went in with Frost Prime today, I put a globe when she was present and I slowed her down withIce Wave Impedance augment. She was just a sitting target. When the rockets came down, I spammed the globe to protect myself and my allies.  You`ll learn these kind of combos with time, don't frustrate yourself over nothing. 

Edited by aligatorno

4 minutes ago, aligatorno said:

You just need some practice, it's a rather easy boss fight if you know that to take. For example, I went in with Frost Prime today, I put a globe when she was present and I slowed her down withIce Wave Impedance augment. She was just a sitting target. When the rockets came down, I spammed the globe to protect myself and my allies.  You`ll learn these kind of combos with time, don't frustrate yourself over nothing. 

The boss fight wasn't the worst thing. As much as I love this community, there are so many people who have never fought this boss before and are first timing it in a sortie with improper gear. I was Oberon and dropped my 2 on the platform so we could shoot the green circles without roller interference, but people refused to stand on the platforms with me as they were too busy shooting the rollers. They also had no idea how to dodge the rockets! Any of them!

45 minutes ago, khangalanga said:

I'm new to sorties and never once have I been more frustrated at this game. Even Vay Hek wasn't that bad compared to this turdcrack of a boss. It took me 7 trie

Sorties are somewhat end-game content. If you had so much trouble doing the mission than you should not play sorties right now. You should play more of the normal missions and upgrade your gear. 

not gonna lie, going up against Physically enhanced Kela for your first Sortie is like turning 21 and having Moonshine as your first alcoholic beverage: you went in a bit hard there fella!

you should try it when it's an easier Sortie, one without an Assassination, you might find it a lot more enjoyable. they aren't all like that. when they are, I prefer to avoid them since all I get is sculptures anyway. once you have the right gear and a little experience Sorties are easy, but Even Veterans don't like doing physically enhanced versions of already tough bosses: we can do them, but it's sooooo boring!

Some of ya'll forget what it is like to be new. 

For someone who only recently got into sorties, Kela is going to be quite a pain. 

Even regular solar map Kela can be quite nasty for that level of player to deal with, especially with PUG's. She is definitely one of the more frustrating bosses for someone who isn't super well equipped. 

6 hours ago, WhiteMarker said:

Sorties are somewhat end-game content. If you had so much trouble doing the mission than you should not play sorties right now. You should play more of the normal missions and upgrade your gear. 

I don't think my gear is the problem. When we finally beat her, I did somewhere around 34% of the damage for our team, a little more than my fair share. 

7 hours ago, khangalanga said:

I'm new to sorties and never once have I been more frustrated at this game. Even Vay Hek wasn't that bad compared to this turdcrack of a boss. It took me 7 tries all for a GREATER FOCUS LENS.  I was looking forward to sorties so badly, and now I know this is the one sortie that I will never be partaking in again. I had so much more to complain about before I posted this, but right now, I'm at a loss for words and just want to step away from my computer for the next eternity. 

Sorry guys, I'm just buttsore over this whole thing. /rantover

The secret is to have a good squad

Ideally,  limbo to protect the squad from the missile strikes. Slow nova, a frost and a trinity

We did this yesterday and got her in less than 5 min

The secret to Kela is to bring one armor strip weapon and frame(s) that have a CC/survival ability that prevent rollers from hitting you off pads and/or frames that can slow Kela.

The goal basically is to armor strip her in a heartbeat and then wreck her before she can do anything (which is where slows come into play).  Avoid the artillary strikes and then shoot targets while rollers are CC'd, rinse and repeat.

If you don't strip her armor and/or slow her the fight is drastically longer/harder.  And if you can't/don't CC rollers you may end up in an infinite artillery loop.

Edited by zehne

1 hour ago, Omega-ZX said:

Easy Cheese. Limbo + Mesa.

Mesa with Ignis (for pads) + 3 tenno meatshields. :D

A well built peacemaker can drop Kela in seconds if she isnt focusing you.

------

But yeah, I can understand how frustrating it could be to face a lvl 100 Kela with a lack of experience, but hey, practice makes perfect, a good squad helps too.

Thw biggest challange on tofay's kella wasn't kella herself, it was my teammate (2 out of 3 were).

They seemed new so i refrained from blaming them or anything, but BOI was it infiuriating... They don't know what to shoot, how the rocket works with a delayed lock on, and all that.

5 hours ago, khangalanga said:

I don't think my gear is the problem. When we finally beat her, I did somewhere around 34% of the damage for our team, a little more than my fair share. 

Did the squad have a Frost with enough range, or a Limbo with Cataclysm? This is where players with a lot of extra stuff have an advantage because they can always pick the most ideal frame, and a lot of veterans will have all or most frames with a potato and even some forma so they can use anything they need. 

In a public group, with no Limbo or Frost with enough range, you could be in for a really slow battle, even if your weapons can do decent damage. Even if you go through the damage phases quickly, your squad is going to take forever to bring her back to the arena to fight again each time she goes invulnerable and flies up. If your allies also barely know what to do on top of not having Frost/Limbo, it can take well, longer than most of us would like to spend in mission. 

Never played with more inexperienced players thsm during this sortie, we struggled to even get up the elevator because an Inaros player hadn't even played normal Kela and didn't knowhowto shoot at the targets.

Once we fought Kela both Inaros and Nekros quickly died leaving me as Hydroid and my fiancee as Valkyr to finish her off on our own.

Eating all the rollers with Undertow was a great way of keeping the middle platform safe as well as surviving her missiles.