Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkyr's original power?

(PSN)XxDenyer143xX

So the Valkyr we all know and maybe love has her powers revolved around rage, which for her came from the Zanuka project.But what would her abilities have been before the Zanuka project?

Spoiler

The warframes were made to contain the powers that the children aboard the Zariman Ten Zero gained after the void jump incident.But if that is the case, what were the abilites of the original Valkyr users?Would it have been for those elementless?The warframe "everybody" had?

You can see Valkyr Prime for that. Alad did not change her powers, that would mean that he could actually temper with the systems and rewrite them, which he can't since it's classified orokin techonology. 

She just went from a valkyrie to a berserker because of her torture. 

Edited by aligatorno

Valkyr is a sore spot in Warframe's lore.

Powers supposedly came after the torture, but with the advent of the Operator reveal, make that totally unlikely.

Gersemi skin is supposedly her original form, except the helmet only shares the color of the remnants of default skin Valkyr's helmet, and the Gersemi arms are thinner than default Valkyr's arms.

Look, Valkyr is a wreck.  She's the wrench in the entire lore/design thing.  They wanted a Warframe with actual lore behind its existence and it totally backfired on DE in the long run.  Best not to dwell on it and just take Valkyr for what she is.

Edited by Littleman88

There is already a Mini-Quest of sort.

Called: The "Zanuka Project".

Spoiler

When you are marked to be bought to the Zanuka Lair, and if you so choose to be captured, you are then witness what Valkyr probably went through.

Side Note: From my observation, Like Inaros, we don't know if Valkyr even has an Operator, I hear, but that would be Speculations. So Technically Wild-Frames. As we learned Rhino Primes and later on into TheSD Quest.

Basically when you see Zanuka, the creation put together by "NotADoc SadladV" (might as well be called WF Frankenstein) is a horrible mess instead of that Lore mess.

Of course you can interpret it to your own personal of *how messed thing can be* and that depend on your Sanity alone.

18 minutes ago, Littleman88 said:

Powers supposedly came after the torture, but with the advent of the Operator reveal, make that totally unlikely.

1 minute ago, DesFrSpace said:

There is already a Mini-Quest of sort.

Called: The "Zanuka Project".

Reveal hidden contents

When you are marked to be bought to the Zanuka Lair, and if you so choose to be captured, you are then witness what Valkyr probably went through.

Side Note: From my observation, Like Inaros, we don't know if Valkyr even has an Operator, I hear, but that would be Speculations. So Technically Wild-Frames. As we learned Rhino Primes and later on into TheSD Quest.

Basically when you see Zanuka, the creation put together by "NotADoc SadladV" (might as well be called WF Frankenstein) is a horrible mess instead of that Lore mess.

Of course you can interpret it to your own personal of *how messed thing can be* and that depend on your Sanity alone.

Not really... even with the Operators it wouldnt make it even less of a torture if the Operator could feel every second of the experimentations and didnt have another Warframe to escape to. They would be stuck in it, maybe even die from the sensory overload.

"Your brain makes it real" ~ Morpheus

I said this way back when Valky was first released: All you have to do is change the name and you have a different frame-feel.

"Ripline" becomes "Grappling Hook" or "Divine Chain"

"Warcry" becomes "Bolster" or "Divine Inspiration"

"Paralysis" becomes "Thundering Shout" or "Word of Command"

"Hysteria" becomes "Unleash" or "Holy Vengeance"

On 8/22/2017 at 0:27 PM, Littleman88 said:

Gersemi skin is supposedly her original form, except the helmet only shares the color of the remnants of default skin Valkyr's helmet, and the Gersemi arms are thinner than default Valkyr's arms.

Look, Valkyr is a wreck.  She's the wrench in the entire lore/design thing.  They wanted a Warframe with actual lore behind its existence and it totally backfired on DE in the long run.  Best not to dwell on it and just take Valkyr for what she is.

DE sort-of cleaned up lore by copting-out with Alad V being Orokin Era.

Thus Valkyr Prime was already post Alad V because both were Orokin Era, likewise Vanilla Valkyr would have similar traits and Abilities.

Gersemi Valkyr would then be the equivalent as Proto-Excalibur or Nemesis Nyx, where they are nothing more than a cosmetic tribute to a time-before Orokin Era.

(That is how I have decided to see it.)

So chronological order: Gersemi Valkyr ->Valkyr Prime-> Valkyr

I can understand Valkyr Prime screaming since Alad V is Orokin and Orokin Era, so Valkyr Prime could still be considered post Alad V. Also makes sense with Helios/Deconstructor and their Prime Variants; or how Corpus craft Mk-1 Braton & Braton with Braton Prime being Orokin.

Gersemi should not be screaming, though. Just like Proto Excalibur should have a different 'Exalted Blade model' in the sense that Nemesis Nyx has unique Chaos graphics.

Going to just have to look past this...

Edit: Also forgot how Valkyr Prime felt rushed and seems to still lack Channelling effects (PS4) not sure if they are better on PC.

(Play a lot of Jordas Golem Assassination, which show cases Channelling effects during ejection cutscenes)* Almost like they didn't finish her...

Ultimately Game is still technically Beta and DE can always adjust lore as they see fit before 'Game is complete' just like with Modern Council designed Nova being changed to allow better Continuity.

Edited by (PS4)MrNishi
Valkyr Prime Channelling

20 minutes ago, (PS4)MrNishi said:

DE sort-of cleaned up lore by copting-out with Alad V being Orokin Era.

Thus Valkyr Prime was already post Alad V because both were Orokin Era, likewise Vanilla Valkyr would have similar traits and Abilities.

Gersemi Valkyr would then be the equivalent as Proto-Excalibur or Nemesis Nyx, where they are nothing more than a cosmetic tribute to a time-before Orokin Era.

(That is how I have decided to see it.)

So chronological order: Gersemi Valkyr ->Valkyr Prime-> Valkyr

I can understand Valkyr Prime screaming since Alad V is Orokin and Orokin Era, so Valkyr Prime could still be considered post Alad V. Also makes sense with Helios/Deconstructor and their Prime Variants; or how Corpus craft Mk-1 Braton & Braton with Braton Prime being Orokin.

Gersemi should not be screaming, though. Just like Proto Excalibur should have a different 'Exalted Blade model' in the sense that Nemesis Nyx has unique Chaos graphics.

Going to just have to look past this...

NO, just people can't wrap their heads around the fact that her powers never changed.

She was a Beserker type back then and nothing changed because of Alad V.

The difference is merely the timing of the lore, when Valkyr came about and even when you get to her story wise we had no clue there was separation between operator and Warframe. SO if you actually read the Codex it is merely a personal observance from our unknowing difference.

2 hours ago, Littleman88 said:

This requires some mental gymnastics and ignoring what is actually in the game. It's wrong.

Valkyr's powers: unrestrained rage. Valkyr Prime: righteous fury.

Alad V sought to recreate Valkyr Prime by modifying Gersemi Valkyr.

The only way Valkyr's lore doesn't make sense is a literal reading of her lore where it says she was forged by Alad V and the torture he wrought on her. Forged, in that sense, is figurative. Pain and suffering "forged" her new identity, but did not actually change what the frame would do with void energy flowing through it.

From my perspective, Valkyr Prime was DE's oportunity to refine Valkyr's lore, they COULD have made Valk Prime's powerset while functionally the same be cosmetically less primal and appear and sound more controlled/refined etc.

Instead they seemingly just went the copy and paste route to save time.

Edited by Nova73

58 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

This requires some mental gymnastics and ignoring what is actually in the game. It's wrong.

Valkyr's powers: unrestrained rage. Valkyr Prime: righteous fury.

Alad V sought to recreate Valkyr Prime by modifying Gersemi Valkyr.

The only way Valkyr's lore doesn't make sense is a literal reading of her lore where it says she was forged by Alad V and the torture he wrought on her. Forged, in that sense, is figurative. Pain and suffering "forged" her new identity, but did not actually change what the frame would do with void energy flowing through it.

This is my take as well.

40 minutes ago, Nova73 said:

From my perspective, Valkyr Prime was DE's oportunity to refine Valkyr's lore, they COULD have made Valk Prime's powerset while functionally the same be cosmetically less primal and appear and sound more controlled/refined etc.

Instead they seemingly just went the copy and paste route to save time.

This would mean Alad V had the capability to alter how frames worked.

8 hours ago, SilvaDreams said:

NO, just people can't wrap their heads around the fact that her powers never changed.

She was a Beserker type back then and nothing changed because of Alad V.

The difference is merely the timing of the lore, when Valkyr came about and even when you get to her story wise we had no clue there was separation between operator and Warframe. SO if you actually read the Codex it is merely a personal observance from our unknowing difference.

So Valkyr was always a screamer...

I guess that is fine, but to me it seems to break character.

I still feel Gersemi pre-dates Orokin

(Valkyr and Valkyr Prime were both Alad V era since Alad V in 2nd dream is confirmed as Orokin Great War Era. Both Valkyr and Valkyr Prime have Wrist Gauntlets/restraints and clipped Wing perches on the back and nubbed/bobbed tails. 

•Where as Gersemi appears whole and free*)

But that is why I felt Gersemi is more along the lines of Proto-Excalibur (Hayden cosmetic skin but not necessarily Faithful to the lore) & Nemesis Nyx which are vastly different abilities from the Original Nemesis in Dark Sectors.

If DE had not made Alad V Orokin Era, then I would not have suggested the above. However Alad was there before and after the Great War and Sentient/Orokin/Grineer/Infested faction spilts.

32 minutes ago, (PS4)MrNishi said:

(Valkyr and Valkyr Prime were both Alad V era since Alad V in 2nd dream is confirmed as Orokin Great War Era.

Nowhere in the quest did they confirm alad's orokin. Hunhow calls him that because he's from the orokin era, an era where corpus doesn't exist yet. And corpus is the scrapes and desendance (« i think i butchered that word) of the orokin. So hunhow just assumes he's orokin, another thing i believe to prove this is that alad never answers when hunhow calls him orokin.

On 8/23/2017 at 6:38 AM, (PS4)MrNishi said:

So Valkyr was always a screamer...

I guess that is fine, but to me it seems to break character.

I still feel Gersemi pre-dates Orokin

(Valkyr and Valkyr Prime were both Alad V era since Alad V in 2nd dream is confirmed as Orokin Great War Era. Both Valkyr and Valkyr Prime have Wrist Gauntlets/restraints and clipped Wing perches on the back and nubbed/bobbed tails. 

•Where as Gersemi appears whole and free*)

But that is why I felt Gersemi is more along the lines of Proto-Excalibur (Hayden cosmetic skin but not necessarily Faithful to the lore) & Nemesis Nyx which are vastly different abilities from the Original Nemesis in Dark Sectors.

If DE had not made Alad V Orokin Era, then I would not have suggested the above. However Alad was there before and after the Great War and Sentient/Orokin/Grineer/Infested faction spilts.

Doesn't explain Ballas presentation in the trailer, Her power might have been berserker like from the beginning.

Our long deathless winter has left us numb. Our wasted animal within, ugly and gaunt, hibernates beneath our shimmering beauty. Why do these Warframes stir us so? They burn with our lost desires, lost instincts. Tenno tamed, but only just. Cast and hunted as game. Trapped and tortured, yet they remain... animals.

If Alad V were really an 'Orokin', why doesn't he know anything about warframe being a controlled puppet, separated from Tenno physically. I don't think he has been around long enough to create Valkyr Prime. But like two post before, Maybe Alad was trying to prime Gersemi, which was the mass produced version of Valkyr, into Ballas version but failed. (My to-go explanation)

Hunhow might not know that the Orokin Empire has collapsed sometimes ago, and thought any human could be an Orokin. I believe characters dialogue are not very reliable and you couldn't interpret thing with only one source.

Edited by CenturionChild

The original Valkyr Prime was a berserker, a Frame suited to those with great fury and bloodlust, and the later mass-produced Valkyr shared the same abilities. Alad V's experiments did nothing to change this. In fact, the experiments weren't even done on Valkyr herself, but rather on the parts he ripped from her body to create the Zanuka. While the Gersemi Valkyr skin doesn't seem to be entirely faithful to what Valkyr would've originally looked like, it's most definitely what the pieces of Zanuka would look like rearranged into the shape of a Warframe.

There are several instances where the Codex is intentionally deceiving, and Valkyr's entry is just one such time. We have to remember that the Codex is simply Ordis's stored data, most of which he lost or discarded long ago. It won't necessarily be perfectly accurate.

14 hours ago, (PS4)watt4hem said:

Nowhere in the quest did they confirm alad's orokin. Hunhow calls him that because he's from the orokin era, an era where corpus doesn't exist yet. And corpus is the scrapes and desendance (« i think i butchered that word) of the orokin. So hunhow just assumes he's orokin, another thing i believe to prove this is that alad never answers when hunhow calls him orokin.

I assumed Detron Crewman synthesis entry was similar to Grineer entires in that both Grineer and Orokin descended from Orokin Tech.

With Grinner Queens also being Orokin.

Gravidus Dilemma was Sargys Ruk and Alad V fighting over Tenno remains. Which would make sense that they basically were trying to recover and harness left-over Orokin Tech.

But I may drawing lines that just simply are not there.

With what I had pictures and with Alad V knowing and remembering the Moon from before....I really just assumed he was Orokin Era. How else would he remember the moon, before Lotus hid it?