Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Will Beta Ever End?

BetaNoire

4 minutes ago, aligatorno said:

We`ll get rid of it once they are contempt with what they've built and there are no plans of major changes to the game, focusing only on adding content instead of reworking the current one.  

Content. When they are content.

3 minutes ago, Ksaero said:

Does it even need to end?

No, it doesn't. Warframe is the kind of game that benefits more from being in Beta all the time, though quality-wise Warframe could've been a full game all the way back to Update 14, when quests, player ships, and the UI rework was added.

7 minutes ago, Cyborg-Rox said:

No, it doesn't. Warframe is the kind of game that benefits more from being in Beta all the time, though quality-wise Warframe could've been a full game all the way back to Update 14, when quests, player ships, and the UI rework was added.

This

1 minute ago, BetaNoire said:

I've never seen this before.

Atleast those successfull one, not those which release one update in year

If they stop creating new major updates with content and keep game only in fixing bugs state, thats the end of beta

Just now, Hypernaut1 said:

I honestly wouldn't mind starting over if they left or if accounts open on a legacy server.

I wouldn't mind experiencing WF as a new player again.

You can just make a new account.  As long as your accounts never interact with eachother, e.g. never trade or send gifts or multibox, then multiple accounts are fine.

11 minutes ago, Voison said:

Is it a big deal that the game is still "in beta"?

Some games wipe out user accounts when the game leaves beta, so that everybody starts out on equal footing and so that they can get rid of excessive amounts of player wealth or special tools that were given out during the beta period to help with testing. So, in games like that, you really only want to start playing during beta testing if you're okay with your progress being deleted eventually. As a result some people only pay attention to online games once they end their beta, because at that point your progression is safe.

However, Digital Extremes has already said many times that there will be no account wipes.  Warframe is in beta only so far as they want to people to understand that the game is constantly evolving and changes, sometime significant changes, are always possible. The game is not "done", so overhauls of systems, items, and balance can come at any time.

Seeing how much grind it takes to get most of the stuff, especially the log-in rewards, it's not just highly unlikely, but straight out impossible they will ever reset their player base. That open-beta thing was written over 4 years ago and DE themselves said they never imagined this game will go so far. The moment they do this, they're finished. So forget about all this beta/non-beta nonsense and enjoy the game.

1 hour ago, aligatorno said:

We`ll get rid of it once they are contempt with what they've built and there are no plans of major changes to the game, focusing only on adding content instead of reworking the current one.  

Which will never happen because change is what is keeping Warframe alive and interesting to older players. 

1 hour ago, Ksaero said:

Does it even need to end?

If it does not end then it makes no sense calling it beta. 

2 minutes ago, Miser_able said:

I wonder though, if a reset did happen, how much platinum would I get back? I know I've  spent quite a bit, but after 4-ish years I've forgotten. 

Now think how much money they'll have to refund to people who bought prime access frames,weapons and  accessories with actual money. They'd go bankrupt in a split second.