Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Entitlement is not the answer to enjoying Warframe

ikkabotz

Lately, I've read all kinds of entitlement threads. .Primed Shred shouldn't be a login reward, Oxium is the new Argon, Arcanes are too hard to farm, Relics RNG is too tight, I don't have time to play the game. .I'm curious what players think of these kind of posts? Myself personally, I worry there's a shift in the culture and the new players pushing for this sort of change don't understand the broader implications underneath it. .there should be a challenge underneath Warframe and it's unsettling to see so many tenno now feeling left out just because they haven't put the time into the game to earn rewards. .

Why does this matter? Because the more we put emphasis on easy experiences in game, easy acquisition, easy gameplay, easy features. .it dilutes the entire experience of the game. .What makes Warframe fun is ultimately having a separation in power and applying it in challenging environments. .earning the distinction. It's discouraging as a fellow tenno to put the time and appreciation into the game and have players discredit this experience or somehow feel cheated and shame fellow tenno as "Having no lives". .I just feel like the game should be about the experience had in game, earning the rewards, working trade chat, and the "stuff" should be the backdrop and achievement in enjoying Warframe. .stuff is an intriguing and important piece, but is now the obsession itself. .Unfortunately this feels more like the case as I read forums and region chat as impatience seems to trend within the Warframe community.

I understand the game can sometimes feel discouraging, but if we cut corners there wouldn't be anything left. .Enjoy the game! Things take time and the next time you see someone rocking what you want understand they had to go through the same thing to earn it instead of knocking them and humiliating them for it.  Realize every time a tenno like that is humiliated you're humiliating a veteran player who might be willing to help you get there instead! ! It's part of what got each of us there before. .working together!  

Edited by komoriblues

1 minute ago, komoriblues said:

Lately, I've read all kinds of entitlement threads. .Primed Shred shouldn't be a login reward, Oxium is the new Argon, Arcanes are too hard to farm, Relics RNG is too strong, I don't have time to play the game, and it will continue to grow and go on and on. .I'm curious what players think of these kind of posts? Myself personally, I worry there's a shift in the culture and the new players pushing for this sort of change don't understand the broader implications underneath it. .there should be a challenge underneath Warframe and it's unsettling to see so many tenno now feeling left out just because they haven't put the time into the game to earn rewards. .Why does this matter? Because the more we put emphasis on easy experiences in game, easy acquisition, easy gameplay, easy features. .it dilutes the entire experience of the game. .What makes Warframe fun is ultimately having a separation in power and applying it in challenging environments. .it's discouraging as a fellow tenno to put in the time and appreciation, patience in the game and to see players essentially discredit this often saying their fellow tenno "Have no lives". .I just feel like the game should be about the experience had in game and the "stuff" is the backdrop to it all. .a hugely intriguing and important piece, but not the obsession itself. .Unfortunately this feels less and less like the case

Oxium is hard to farm and needing to buy boosters and doing 10 minute long defense runs 10 times can be very boring and "could" burn people out just for vauban.

Arcanes are hard to get, 90% of them are useless and all of them is behind RNG and the raid system. If raids would have a pug run option im sure more people would try them because its tiring to search for people on the recruit chat and its even more tiring to leave a squad because of their absurd requiements.

Relic RNG is too bad. The key system used up 1 key and only your gear and skills set an end to the farming. The new system first requies to pass an rng wall to get a relic, then it needs to pass a timewall to get it upgraded and finally another rng wall needs to be passed to get an item.

While these are legit complaints you must always see behind them. Does this guy really brought us a constructive feedback or is he just one of those people who just cant be happy?

You can dismiss everybody who starts the nolife argument. Thats just a logical fallacy, a cheap trick to make their cause sound better.

I personally think that nitain should be buyable from the market and be avaible from more sources, this is an opinion what could make the farming a bit easier. Is it good or bad? Thats your call, decide for yourself.

3 minutes ago, Fallen_Echo said:

Oxium is hard to farm and needing to buy boosters and doing 10 minute long defense runs 10 times can be very boring and "could" burn people out just for vauban.

Arcanes are hard to get, 90% of them are useless and all of them is behind RNG and the raid system. If raids would have a pug run option im sure more people would try them because its tiring to search for people on the recruit chat and its even more tiring to leave a squad because of their absurd requiements.

Relic RNG is too bad. The key system used up 1 key and only your gear and skills set an end to the farming. The new system first requies to pass an rng wall to get a relic, then it needs to pass a timewall to get it upgraded and finally another rng wall needs to be passed to get an item.

While these are legit complaints you must always see behind them. Does this guy really brought us a constructive feedback or is he just one of those people who just cant be happy?

You can dismiss everybody who starts the nolife argument. Thats just a logical fallacy, a cheap trick to make their cause sound better.

I personally think that nitain should be buyable from the market and be avaible from more sources, this is an opinion what could make the farming a bit easier. Is it good or bad? Thats your call, decide for yourself.

All good points for context

As Warframe becomes more popular, you'll have increasingly greater migrations from other MMOs, where the players are used to being able to get everything as soon as they want it, after maybe a couple of runs through a dungeon, or completing a mission or two. They're used to having to spend very little time and effort on getting what they want, and so coming to Warframe, a game built around the concept of grinding, they're alienated by the time investment they might need to achieve what they want. And if you look at the stats of the players making these complaints, a good portion aren't even MR10, and have relatively low mission times. They're almost all relatively new to the game, and they simply haven't put in the time investment to understand the core concepts, or to be taken seriously in considering balancing ease of attainment. Fortunately, DE seems to realize this fact, and tends not to listen to these newer players, who you'll quickly see stop complaining once they either learn the ropes, or leave.

Personally, I think that much of the game's content is in a good place in regards to how difficult it can be to obtain it. Relics can be annoying, but will overall be faster than the old keys if you have a coordinated farming party, Arcanes are gated behind content that requires skill and coordination from the entire squad, thereby promoting active and involved clans for completion, and most resources drop in plentiful amounts, given the right node.

My only real complaint about the current setup is how difficult it can be to obtain certain "necessary" mods, but this is largely because of the lack of Acolyte events (and events overall) this past year, due to DE's dedication to finishing Plains of Eidolon. If imagine that once they complete that update, they'll be able to spend more time on our current systems and event-crafting, which will alleviate the mod issue.

Edited by EmissaryOfInfinity

I honestly don't get the ones who say "I don't have enough time to play the game".  Umm.... then you don't get to play the game. Period. Video games are time wasters, for people who have plenty of time to waste. That's life for ya, we don't always get what we want. We make choices or life makes choices for us and we have to live with the consequences.

I never experienced the splendor that was Ultima Online or City of Heroes, which I really wanted to play. I was in college. I had life priorities, and complaining to online games not being catered around busy college folk who barely have much free time, wasn't one of them. That'd be just silly, and yet here are people doing that very thing.
Busy people -> they play your game the least -> least amount of money earned from them with long time intervals.
Free time people -> they play your game the most -> most money earned from them in short time intervals.

It's nothing personal, just business. That's how F2P works.

"I'm in the army on an oil rig platform doing volunteer work! I barely have time to play videogames, they should cater all their content to me so I can get them all in a month!"

Double You Tee Eff :facepalm:

-----------------------------------------------

"That guy has Primed Shred and I only have regular Shred. He is INFINITELY SO MUCH MORE POWERFUL THAN ME! IT'S UNFAIR!!!"

That's all between your ears. Plain envy, really. No game content has been added where that tiny difference has a major impact.  Stop looking at theoretical numbers and focus more on practicality. Player's reaction time, aim, knowledge of game mechanics and judgement calls are all the deciding factors in the end. If the average WF player has a Primed Shred, I will still outperform them with my regular Shred modded gun because I move/shoot/react faster than them. They will still have much less kills than me (like that even matters! It doesn't! Stop obsessing about those stats!)

Login rewards and event-exclusive rewards do not make a difference between winning and losing. If you are losing without them, you are still going to lose with them.
The regular, corrupt and nightmare mods that we can easily farm right now are enough to make your Warframes + weapons into powerful engines of destruction.

3 hours ago, komoriblues said:

Lately, I've read all kinds of entitlement threads. .Primed Shred shouldn't be a login reward, Oxium is the new Argon, Arcanes are too hard to farm, Relics RNG is too strong, I don't have time to play the game. .I'm curious what players think of these kind of posts? Myself personally, I worry there's a shift in the culture and the new players pushing for this sort of change don't understand the broader implications underneath it. .there should be a challenge underneath Warframe and it's unsettling to see so many tenno now feeling left out just because they haven't put the time into the game to earn rewards. .

Why does this matter? Because the more we put emphasis on easy experiences in game, easy acquisition, easy gameplay, easy features. .it dilutes the entire experience of the game. .What makes Warframe fun is ultimately having a separation in power and applying it in challenging environments. .earning the distinction. It's discouraging as a fellow tenno to put in the time and appreciation in the game and to see players essentially discredit this experience and shame fellow tenno as "Having no lives" or feel somehow cheated out of things. .I just feel like the game should be about the experience had in game, earning the rewards, working trade chat, and the "stuff" should be the backdrop and achievement to enjoying Warframe. .a hugely intriguing and important piece, but not the obsession itself. .Unfortunately this feels less and less like the case as I read forums and region chat as impatience seems to be the recent trend in the community.

I understand the game can sometimes feel discouraging, but if we cut corners there wouldn't be anything left. .Enjoy the game! Things take time in it, and think next time you see someone rocking what you want that they had to go through the same thing to earn it instead of knocking them for it.  Realize every time a person like that is humiliated you're humiliating a veteran player. They might be willing to help you get there instead! ! It's part of what got each of us there before. .working together! 

This is the only gaming community I've seen so far where minmaxing is stigmatized and even publicly shamed.

In case of "cutting corners", my truth is in the middle. Quality of life is often the only source of difficulty we have in Warframe - sentinel dies and you lose vacuum; vacuum as a mod on sentinels only, when 80% of the playerbase uses it while ignoring the pets; self-damaging weapons always oneshot you while barely scratching the enemy; lack of proper pointers in the raids making raids unplayable for the majority of the community; forced mandatory sniper scopes; timers, omg, timers on everything! not allowing you to play whatever you want whenever you want... etc. etc.

I personally against this^ kind of pseudo-"difficulty". Taking quality of life from the players is not a source of difficulty, it's a source of frustration. And these issues limit the players' access to whole portions of content, which in my opinion shouldn't be the case.

On the flip side, we have Void 2.0 - which is the definition of an actual gameplay cheese. You can go to a fissure half-naked with unmaxed weapons and warframe and be sure that your teammates in random que will wipe out everything on the map (cause for them it's too easy) and you'll get the same reward as they do while doing nothing. I can't stress how dumb this is. This is rewards without gameplay that make rewards meaningless in the process, because you don't need the gear you're farming anymore. You don't need guns, new warframes, new mods to do well in warframe's primary content. Meaning that 90% of the items you could farm in the game are not in any way rooted into the gameplay. Pretty much everything is oneshottable with any maxed out weapon and you don't even have to use firearms because of the melee masterrace, or the fact that often objectives in the missions don't need you killing the enemies at all - you just run past them, turning the whole Warframe expierience into a single huge parcour simulator to the extraction (because, God knows, there's not enough gameplay in these missions for a single person, let alone a team of four). 

*sigh* that was a bit of a rant. Again.

Edited by AperoBeltaTwo

2 hours ago, Fallen_Echo said:

spending 2 hours to get resources in a game about resources is hard for you? time to get a new game, your argument is invalid 

your meant to work for your primes if your not buying the access, and oxium used to be too easy to get and i think it should be HARDER to get seance u can get it on any corpus mission, and from containers you brake.

, in fact the grind is too easy, me and a friend got a trinity prime, dual kamas prime and collar in less then 4 hours and its getting vaulted on the 29th.... 

2 hours ago, EmissaryOfInfinity said:

As Warframe becomes more popular, you'll have increasingly greater migrations from other MMOs, where the players are used to being able to get everything as soon as they want it,

That's not true btw. In all mmorpg's I've played the gear takes months and often years to farm and there's no end to this. But you have a lot of content in the process and the only thing which is timer locked is the daily quests. The rest of the gameplay - quests, grind is available whenever you want, while always being rewarded with something in the process. That's what core gameplay is and warframe is lacking that - a rewarding, indefinitely scaling gameplay loop (or spiral) that is rooted with the other gameplay features.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Spider_Enigma said:

spending 2 hours to get resources in a game about resources is hard for you? time to get a new game, your argument is invalid 

It's not hard, it's tedious. There's a huge difference there.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Spider_Enigma said:

your meant to work for your primes if your not buying the access, and oxium used to be too easy to get and i think it should be HARDER to get seance u can get it on any corpus mission, and from containers you brake.

That's the thing. You don't have to work for anything in warframe. The only source of difficulty is the tedium - tedium of farming resources, tedium of farming faceless relics on random low-lvl maps. Not the actual gameplay when you get the rewards. Fissures are a joke.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Spider_Enigma said:

, in fact the grind is too easy, me and a friend got a trinity prime, dual kamas prime and collar in less then 4 hours and its getting vaulted on the 29th.... 

It is easy. It's so easy that you don't even need to do anything. That's the problem.

Current Warframe is so easy and tedious that 80% of the time you're not enjoying the game but questioning yourself: "Why are we still here? Just to suffer?"

the problem is, your trying to grind, when jsut doing invations and alerts will get you the recorces you need to make the items, and they r of much higher level then the levels that people are grinding at 

in fact do to where recesses are, and where quests are located, you arn't supost to be making a new frame until after second dream

think about that for a monet, jsut playihng the game give u the stuff you need randomly, infact i was doing an alert for a mod and got 4 argon crystals and started making a nikana cause i didn't have one, just so i could make a dragon nikana

Edited by (PS4)Spider_Enigma

Ditto.

I don't understand the need to farm Oxium.  I never actively farmed the stuff, not even when it was introduced and it dropped in quantities of 1-2.  I just play the game and kill every Oxium Ospreys that cross my path instead of rushing past them or letting them crash into me, which is what I believe is the problem other players have. 
Taking too long to kill an Oxium Osprey?  Then priority focus goes on your weapon to make it stronger / better modded to kill them faster, rather than the oxium itself. Once the weapon issue is taken care of, you'll be getting Oxium without trying.

I just play the game doing what I like and the resource pour in, not tedious at all.  The old Void key system?  THAT was tedious.

23 minutes ago, (PS4)Spider_Enigma said:

Its boring as hell and without booster it needs double time to get the amount for vauban prime chasis.

Yeah in quantities of 7-12 from a specific enemy what spawns less and becomes more powerful as you go on or from container RNG.

25 minutes ago, (PS4)Spider_Enigma said:

Well congratulation, you got lucky. Me and my squad spent atleast 30 radiant relics to get the spira prime blades and none of us got it.

Everyone's gameplay is different, some have hard times farming this and that, while others are touched by RNGesus himself and granted the ever lasting glory of easy drops. I never seen the problem with oxium, because I'm so busy doing other stuff, and killing drones as I go along, those numbers stack quick and by time a new item comes out that needs oxium, I have thousands I didn't even know I had. Sometimes it's better for the mind to not focus on just one thing on this game, or else it gets repetitive real quick. 

IMO Warframe is extremely casual friendly.

That said, if you play casually and cannot obtain some things as easily as someone who plays more often or "hardcore' it is your responsibility to accept your station in life.

Its the "everyone gets a trophy/gold star" mentality. Its ruined our children.

I make mine pit fight each other for their meals and only the winner eats. Only responsible way of healing the next generation in my opinion.

the problem is, your trying to grind, when jsut doing invations and alerts will get you the recorces you need to make the items, and they r of much higher level then the levels that people are grinding at 

in fact do to where recesses are, and where quests are located, you arn't supost to be making a new frame until after second dream

think about that for a monet, jsut playihng the game give u the stuff you need randomly, infact i was doing an alert for a mod and got 4 argon crystals and started making a nikana cause i didn't have one, just so i could make a dragon nikana

I mostly fight the infested or the grineer. I try to get as far away from the corpus as far i could and even then i just burned down my last reserves of many items by helping clan researches. Many recipes sit in my arsenal waiting for the moment when i actually go and try to get the resources for them.

3 hours ago, Fallen_Echo said:

Oxium isnt that bad to farm if you know where to go, but I do understand the frustration with it. offten I just wait to craft things untill i build up a mass of materials and can have stuff left over for it. criotic is probibly the easyest thing to farm, but the mace that you make form it i so not worth it (to me). lets not even start with the mutigen samples.... Niten isnt too bad, but its mostly havieng the pateients to wait on things. watching the alart twitter also sometimes helps.

I have never liked the raids. I am an old Phantisy star online player. I like solo hunting, and its fun to co-op if you want, but I dislike when its forced co-op. I wouldnt mind the raids if it where just a realy hard boss with a bunch of pahses and the like that is very hard to solo, but you have to do it with at lest 4 people and the puzzles and stuff to get to them are kinda of bullsh*t. its not in the difficulty of doing them but in understanding of how to do it for a new player (or the fact that you must first fail the golum raid <- that realy pissed me off). I have all of the old archan helmits and I never cared to get a set of the arcane raid things. they never seemed too worth it.

Relic RNG is faster and a bit more acsessabule then the keys. I have to say I was a bit pissed that I couldn't use my stock pile of keys to get new primes anymore, but I have seen a massive drop in the price of prime parts. rivens are where trading money is made now. however doing a mission with four people gets you at lest 4 chances at... something, rather then one chance and hopeing people dont DC after they get it (never liked key "shares". dont min bringing people along however).

It is like the "nerf this" threads. there was a guy on here the other day- he palyed on the PS4 so the hydroid update was not even out for him yet, and he was calling for nerfs. this is why we cant have nice things.

Well, i have a redicules number of houers loged in game, but its built up over the full length the game has been online. its ture I dont get out much, but I dont spend every waking houer in game and have almost everything.

I agree with you on nitain, somewhat. it can drop in catches, but the drop rate is realy low. I feel like it would be nice to drop from some enemy. as I said, Old PSO palyer - id love to see "rare" enemys that have a slightly higher drop chance for rare stuff or somehting. PSO did it with diffrent color pallets, and that would not be too hard to do in this game too. would be cool anyhow.

17 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

Whining about other people; the new Warframe meta.

It's a quite old trend actually. They often shut these threads down. I'll take this one as a legit RNG complaint/opinion post.

Void 2.0 is a lot more forgiving that the old key system... specially since you don't need to gamble your hard earned keys in "keyshare" pools where someone always ditches the squad & /ignores everyone when their turn comes in. To the guy complaining about running low level missions for a random relic, old system also involved running low (and high) level missions for a random key.

Arcanes... I never cared for them from the very beginning. You spend more time recruiting than doing the actual mission, which is a breeze with experienced people, or a total waste of time with unexperienced people, then to get a random arcane from a large pool of which you need 10 of each for 1 extra revive (and often a very situational effect). Not worth the hassle.

Why is ox farm even a complaint? It's not like we are in the good ol' days where each oxsprey dropped a single sample. I find cryotic farm to be far more brutal, and mandatory to buy a booster.

If you can't play, you can pay, it's been DE logic since the beginning, and has worked mostly fine. Nitain alerts pop up pretty often and logging in doesn't take more than a couple minutes of your 1440 minutes day.

Being around here for quite a while, i can totally tell the grind has become way easier than a couple years ago. It may seem overwhelming for a new player only due to the sheer amount of content piled up... and if everything is such a nuisance for you, might as well consider putting your spare time into something else.

I think part of the problem, is not necessarily entitlement but a lack of understanding. New players come in and see all the gear you can get but don't really understand how the game works. They think they can get everything quickly, since there are plenty of people that do, but don't realize the time it takes to get there. When you look at the big picture, it does seem insane how much time and resources you need to get things. As someone earlier said, these players either leave or start to understand the game and have more fun.

I think the other problem is the age old MMO problem between new and veteran players. Veteran players have most (if not all) of the gear, essential mods, and piles of resources. DE tries to take this into account when assigning crafting costs to new items, which usually ends up making it much harder for newer players to obtain because they are starting with nothing. So while 1000 oxium doesn't seem like a lot to a vet, any new player trying to craft something that requires it will often feel forced to farm to get it. The other issue is when someone is recruiting you often see MR X required or must have x weapon/warframe. This signals to new players that those are what is needed, so they want to get them as soon as possible. So they rush to try to get all those "required" things, and when they either can't (locked behind log-in) or it takes forever (nitain/oxium) it feels unfair so they push for changes. 

Sometimes I think just as new players can be too quick to say things are unfair; veterans can be too quick to dismiss their complaints. Wanting something =/= entitlement. Often the threads have a lot of comments about compromise that quickly derails into a few saying give it now and the opposite few saying never, deal with it.

5 hours ago, komoriblues said:

Lately, I've read all kinds of entitlement threads. .Primed Shred shouldn't be a login reward, Oxium is the new Argon, Arcanes are too hard to farm, Relics RNG is too strong, I don't have time to play the game. .I'm curious what players think of these kind of posts? Myself personally, I worry there's a shift in the culture and the new players pushing for this sort of change don't understand the broader implications underneath it. .there should be a challenge underneath Warframe and it's unsettling to see so many tenno now feeling left out just because they haven't put the time into the game to earn rewards. .

Why does this matter? Because the more we put emphasis on easy experiences in game, easy acquisition, easy gameplay, easy features. .it dilutes the entire experience of the game. .What makes Warframe fun is ultimately having a separation in power and applying it in challenging environments. .earning the distinction. It's discouraging as a fellow tenno to put in the time and appreciation in the game and to see players essentially discredit this experience and shame fellow tenno as "Having no lives" or feel somehow cheated out of things. .I just feel like the game should be about the experience had in game, earning the rewards, working trade chat, and the "stuff" should be the backdrop and achievement to enjoying Warframe. .a hugely intriguing and important piece, but not the obsession itself. .Unfortunately this feels less and less like the case as I read forums and region chat as impatience seems to be the recent trend in the community.

I understand the game can sometimes feel discouraging, but if we cut corners there wouldn't be anything left. .Enjoy the game! Things take time in it, and think next time you see someone rocking what you want that they had to go through the same thing to earn it instead of knocking them for it.  Realize every time a person like that is humiliated you're humiliating a veteran player. They might be willing to help you get there instead! ! It's part of what got each of us there before. .working together! 

To OPs post:

As sad as it makes me, it's the culture. Everything is easier, shorter, more accessible, faster, etc. We are going to a full "RIGHT NOW" age. that's the biggest reasons that mobile games are on the rise like wildfire. Instant gratification. Same reason that every site has an upvote, like, agree, or whatever button. People like those, it makes them feel good. It literally triggers chemicals in their brains that say "yeah, I need more of this!" It's a mental high. 

How this translates to games specifically is, again sadly, more money. If they give people doses like shots, players will keep coming back for more. I won't drag on as you can see it with microtransactions / dlc. They are huge and on the rise without stop. I'm afraid for the future of gaming as a whole.

Great points OP.

7 minutes ago, (PS4)CaseFace8 said:

I think part of the problem, is not necessarily entitlement but a lack of understanding. New players come in and see all the gear you can get but don't really understand how the game works. They think they can get everything quickly, since there are plenty of people that do, but don't realize the time it takes to get there. When you look at the big picture, it does seem insane how much time and resources you need to get things. As someone earlier said, these players either leave or start to understand the game and have more fun.

I think the other problem is the age old MMO problem between new and veteran players. Veteran players have most (if not all) of the gear, essential mods, and piles of resources. DE tries to take this into account when assigning crafting costs to new items, which usually ends up making it much harder for newer players to obtain because they are starting with nothing. So while 1000 oxium doesn't seem like a lot to a vet, any new player trying to craft something that requires it will often feel forced to farm to get it. The other issue is when someone is recruiting you often see MR X required or must have x weapon/warframe. This signals to new players that those are what is needed, so they want to get them as soon as possible. So they rush to try to get all those "required" things, and when they either can't (locked behind log-in) or it takes forever (nitain/oxium) it feels unfair so they push for changes. 

Sometimes I think just as new players can be too quick to say things are unfair; veterans can be too quick to dismiss their complaints. Wanting something =/= entitlement. Often the threads have a lot of comments about compromise that quickly derails into a few saying give it now and the opposite few saying never, deal with it.

I've been playing for a few months and I can say with certainty that I haven't had a moment where I was like "this game is hard and unfair". In fact, I feel personally like it was too easy for me. Before I ever reached pluto I had crafted so many things and knew so much about the game simply from the wikia alone. As of today I have yet to actually have a need to farm anything beyond a day or two as I have so much and get so much in those couple of days. 

(Some) new players are lazy and that's part of the new culture. They want instant satisfaction. Everything should be "RIGHT NOW". The mentality is not healthy for gaming. If they took the time to understand patience and reward for hard work, this game would be a breeze along with any other game.

Cheers.

-snip-

Dear Op.

This game is first and foremost an Open Beta game. That means it thrives on user feedback. What you refer to as whining and entitlement is actually user feedback. Most of which are legitimate constructive criticism that mention what they feel would be better. DE actually does read these as options and use them to determine what would be a good direction for their game. They have the choice to completely ignore it or actually use it.  

Lately, I've read all kinds of entitlement threads. .Primed Shred shouldn't be a login reward, Oxium is the new Argon, Arcanes are too hard to farm, Relics RNG is too strong, I don't have time to play the game. .I'm curious what players think of these kind of posts?

I'm with those who feel the RNG is too strong on rivens.  But I haven't gone so far as to make it a personal crusade or anything.  I've accepted that rivens are WF's slot machine mechanic.  Nice to have, totally unnecessary, but they can garner tremendous trade value.

In regards to entitlement or complaint-like threads?  They don't bother me in the slightest.  Players like to vent.  Unfortunately for them, I'm fairly sure DE disregards those types of threads all together.  If your complaint thread isn't constructive towards a conversation and/or doesn't offer some legit solutions, then the community mods will flag it or delete it.