Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

why do people even play pvp?

Witchydragon

1 minute ago, Witchydragon said:

why do people force themselves to play a mode that they don't like???

Obviously for skins, of course.

Aside from that, some players actually like PvP and actually play them for fun. PvP barely has an impact on PvE anyways. So if you don't like the game mode, don't play it. Simple as that.

Some do, but based on DE's last published numbers, it's a very small portion of the community.

But to be fair, they aren't "forcing" themselves. They enjoy WF PvP, they like playing it, and more power to them. It's isn't something I'm interested in, but my disinterest (and yours) is no reason for them to stop playing.

23 minutes ago, Witchydragon said:

why

I can list a few reasons.

Spoiler

1: People may actually like these skins, and would use them instead of the Prime's default (Prime weapons don't have a non-Prime skin, unlike Warframe counterparts).
2: Captura rooms.
3: Warframes for 60k standing each.
4: Augments for Warframes.
5: Armour cosmetics may suit some Warframes.
6: Conclave, to some, offers added entertainment to those who are willing to endure its' highs and lows, because everything else (until Hydroid Prime, Plains of Eidolon, The Sacrifice, and whatever big thing happens next) that can be done in a day has been done, or they have nothing else to do or want to do.
7: To collect Standing to eventually spend on whatever new Conclave cosmetic comes out.

These may not be the only reasons, but my points have merit.

On a side note, I'd like it if DE would kindly reintroduce Conclave Variants such as Opticors and Quick Steel - Opticors was fun (depending on who you're facing or paired against).

32 minutes ago, Witchydragon said:

why do people force themselves to play a mode that they don't like???

You cant assume other people's likes and dislikes.

There are people who enjoy PvP. Even Warframe's clunky one.

Edited by Kaotyke

Why on earth would you assume that the entire group that regularly plays PvP not for the rewards dislikes doing it?  I don't even know how to respond to such confusing logic.

"Better spent."  Your criteria for something being "worth doing" seems a bit skewed.  If you're only looking at the rewards, then you're not playing a game, you're working a job.

I don't like PvP, I find it brings out the worst in people, and competition is an ideal fuel for Toxicity. that said, some people do enjoy it (though they still get salty when things aren't going their way, because nobody wants to lose.) other reasons people play PvP can include:

- caring about K/D ratios and other numbers: never really cared for it, just makes these people easier to mess with if you hate them lol.

- needing the fulfilment of crushing others, because we all enjoy a bit of Schadenfreude from time to time.

- proving that you have the biggest E-peen and everyone should bow to it.

- they want the skins, which I totally get. they are nice skins, shame they're behind PvP.

- pure enjoyment only, which seems weird to me, but hey, to each their own.

thankfully Warframe will always be PvE oriented. I don't feel the need to pit myself against others for scraps of self-worth, but If that's what others want to do, I'll leave them to it.

PVP is a way to measure your skills and comprehension about modding. 

PVP is not the main purpose of this game and never will. If you want a good PVP game then Overwatch is your game or Battlefront 2. 

PVP in here is a good addition and alternative if you want to test your skills. Lunaro is an alternative if you don't want to deal with a kill/death ratio. 

On one hand, PVP in any game does pit you against the game's toughest opponent.

On the other, PvP can be toxic and dysfunctional as heck because the game's toughest opponent is human... And some humans looking for validation will stoop to any means to get it. 

For my part, I don't like the fact that the only way to acquire skins for certain weapons exists in the upper tiers of Conclave. 

In fact, when items like that are gated so deeply into Conclave, it runs the risk of making conclave as a whole even worse as it encourages bad behavior from folks just looking for the rewards even though they don't like conclave itself.

...I shouldn't have to do conclave if I want a skin for my Strun Wraith.

Funnily enough, this is -and has been- DE's largest problem imo... They have a lopsided view on how exclusives should be handled and don't make rewards commensurate to the effort necessary to get it.

Reason for pvp is the fun and enjoyment and a different playstyle. Pve is often unfun because you kill hordes of stupid AI while in pvp you need to use your brain to beat your opponent. The skills there and the ability of thinking is more worth there than the pve part. There is nothing real reason for pvp only the challenge because the ai not challanging enough while a thinking beign is more challenging. Simply this.

21 hours ago, Witchydragon said:

the only thing pvp even gives is some boring skins and a syandana that doesn't light up unless you keep playing pvp. why do people force themselves to play a mode that they don't like??? isn't that time spent in pvp better spent in pve? 

Why does people playing PvP bother you?

They aren't inhibiting your ability to play the game and they don't get anything that puts them above the PvE players.

Leave them be, they're only fighting themselves.