Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please don't let this be the volt deluxe skin.

lightdragon64

1 hour ago, V45H said:

can we do this instead of any of this
22HB3cv.png
as a long LONG time volt player i am SEVERELY disappointed in the current volt skin

Haha its mine photoshop work from before... it whose example how he can look and I agree with you bro 100% 😊😎👍👌👏

The quality of DE'S deluxe skins has been in a death dive ever since Nova IMO. The new Ember deluxe looks ridiculous, Nekros deluxe looks like something straight out of a Saturday morning cartoon show and this Volt one is just......urgh. Whoever is designing these new skins, be it multiple people or the same person, needs to find a middle ground because right now it seems they are going from making the blandest skin possible to completely outlandish skins. I'm just going to stick to TennoGen.

I miss you IgnusDei.

On 9/16/2017 at 9:10 AM, lightdragon64 said:

in the reddit AMA this skin concept was revealed as the upcoming volt premium skin (probably not final)

Hide contents

004-FinalPass.jpg

However in my personal opinion there are designs which are significantly better. This skin here would do better as an Excalibur or Ash skin IMO, it does not resemble volt at all but instead looks like some strange experiment by the grineer.

This skin is easily beat by the few tennogen skins that we have, which even though aren't allowed to have a custom body, they look much better by looks and design alone. I.E. volt graxx skin, amp skin, zener, and capacitor skin. All of these just look like they had a lot more thought put into their looks while this concept just looks awful in my opinion.

a quick google search does volt a lot more justice in comparison.

Prototype volt by fulcrvm

Reveal hidden contents

43Kk9o1.png

has a slight of a grineer look to it but still looks significantly better.

Volt alternate skin concept by Artarrwen on deviantart

Reveal hidden contents

Volt Alternate Skin Concept by Artarrwen

I like this one a lot, definitely gives off that 'electromancer' vibe i have always gotten from volt. and unlike DE's concept this one actually looks like volt.

Destroyer volt, by fulcrvm

Reveal hidden contents

V2vJowK.png

If DE is trying to go for a "proto volt" for the look in their concept they are doing it kinda wrong, this one however would definately do a much better job as a proto volt look.

There are plenty of other images that you could search for when trying to imagine what a deluxe skin for volt looks like.

The one DE came up has the following wrong with it IMO.
-it's too simplistic
-does not resemble volt at all
-looks more like excalibur/ash in it's design
-looks like some kind of grineer/infested experiment gone bland.
-ect.

all i'm saying here is that DE's design is just bad in comparison to all their other concepts for premium skins (chroma dynasty skin, mag deluxe) all of which do a great job fitting the look and theme of the warframe, this one however just looks awful in comparison...

sorry for the rant just figured it was better than sitting in silence.

I think the DE designed Skin would look better with better textures and more armor parts. I just think it’s too plain to be a Deluxe so I guess that’s not the final design.

22 minutes ago, LHC20 said:

@TheGodofWifi I guess you ignore the beautiful mag deluxe skin on purpose, or was it announced and shown before Novas?

Mag's design wasnt DE's, it was IgnusDei's, the same artist who made Frost, Trinity, Banshee, Rhino, Oberon, Ash and the canceled Ember skin. Ironically, the only good deluxe skins in game are made by him :]

37 minutes ago, (PS4)Nzza_News said:

Twist the Concept However you may ,  when you Have Faith in A Concept  Jeers  won't change anything. Unless they don't have Faith the Concept is good for Warframe. When I Say They , it's not YOU.  All theses Concepts in this thread. You want to See a Volt Skin , Deluxe Worthy?  Make One

We can't. Tennogen skins don't allow mesh modifications, only texture (re-skins of the current shape of warframe).

9 hours ago, LHC20 said:

@TheGodofWifi I guess you ignore the beautiful mag deluxe skin on purpose, or was it announced and shown before Novas? 

That was IgnusDei’s work. Not DE’s. The only good deluxe skins were made by him. Get your facts straight.

Edited by TheGodofWiFi

On 10/18/2017 at 1:11 AM, V45H said:

can we do this instead of any of this
22HB3cv.png
as a long LONG time volt player i am SEVERELY disappointed in the current volt skin

Yea id like some kind of like lightning japaense samurai god or somethin. Now THAT would be awesome.

The one they showed off looks like a stupid infested thing

On 18.10.2017 at 11:41 AM, TheGodofWiFi said:

The quality of DE'S deluxe skins has been in a death dive ever since Nova IMO. The new Ember deluxe looks ridiculous, Nekros deluxe looks like something straight out of a Saturday morning cartoon show and this Volt one is just......urgh. Whoever is designing these new skins, be it multiple people or the same person, needs to find a middle ground because right now it seems they are going from making the blandest skin possible to completely outlandish skins. I'm just going to stick to TennoGen.

I miss you IgnusDei.

Many do. IgnusDeis Mag Pneuma skin made me play her seriously and will probably be my main frame for a long time. 

10 hours ago, Orabell said:

Many do. IgnusDeis Mag Pneuma skin made me play her seriously and will probably be my main frame for a long time. 

Ditto. Never used to like Mag but that deluxe skin made me get into building her properly. Same with a few other frames he's done skins for like Ash and Rhino. Such a shame they had a falling out over something so utterly meaningless. Who knows, maybe one day DE might actually bury the hatchet and bring Ignus back in. Hope springs eternal.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/20/2017 at 12:54 AM, TheGodofWiFi said:

Ditto. Never used to like Mag but that deluxe skin made me get into building her properly. Same with a few other frames he's done skins for like Ash and Rhino. Such a shame they had a falling out over something so utterly meaningless. Who knows, maybe one day DE might actually bury the hatchet and bring Ignus back in. Hope springs eternal.

i doupt it- the bridge is apparently burned and beyod repair- and it doesnt help with people silencing complaints as for the community- plus with no further comments as of yet from anyone in DE it's safe to assume A: no one with the power cares, or B: the voice isnt loud enough to be heared ( possible c is just ignis doesnt want to come back )
( reminding me of the ember comments and forum discussions that were around a good lot a few weeks ago- now all of them are burried by just people bikering with eachother and upvotes of people telling everyone to shut up at take it in the a## like a good boy ... ok too far but yeah- still irritated that the negatives arnt being considdered along with positives-dont have to please everyone but atleast listen to an arguement or concern dont just snuff it out- how you loose people in a fanbase too )
kindof off topic but whatever

as a personal note ... in the best light- or as a attempt to see this concept in the best light: Volt graxx deluxe
beyond that he looks rediculous- still we have primes, that's one thing DE has never f#cked up on ( maybe that's just my oppinion but i dont hate any primes- though some things dont click well for me like rhino's prime helmet or maybe volts- it looks like an old guy to me XD - anyways if this is litterally without any changes- what we get for the deluxe, ohwell- there's more to wf than skins though it'll suck alot to just be raggedy an rubber deluxe- just like rooster ( no not peacock ) ember deluxe was a blow to my heart
like all things- time will tell.

( oh and i was saving up again for ember's deluxe skin- since i somehow feel like a set wont be worth it- im just expecting kfc drumstick skins for duel blades or some sh#t- but i decided to buy trinity's deluxe -guess who made that skin de OOOOOOH- can tell you right now im enjoying that lovely design over stuff like what's being discussed on the forums here )
sorry ill shut it now and stop rambling- silent just like the white nights ive seen in the ember forums want and possibly here ;w;

On 10/19/2017 at 2:56 PM, Kiwinille said:

Mag's design wasnt DE's, it was IgnusDei's, the same artist who made Frost, Trinity, Banshee, Rhino, Oberon, Ash and the canceled Ember skin. Ironically, the only good deluxe skins in game are made by him :]

chuckling at this a bit- in a good way
there is some irony in that fact yes- not tat people dont like ANYYYYYYY of DE's skins but yeah Ignis was kindof a huge influence
( even if some of them were kindof chinese magesty-like in nature it's not like warframe is gonna just fall into that foot hole- as a few white nights like to argue- also i keep forgetting he made banshee's XD, a friend bought me her skin as a birthday present as well as helping me farm her prime parts <3  thnx Danish )
oh and the comments about nova- head was really weird but i know what the skin's design is inspired by
i like the body though with the right colors it can look very nice, though the weapon skin was just ODD- cool but ... kindof odd

Ugh... First Ember and now Volt, my most favorite frame... Please, just stop and bring back Ignus... And release his awesome Ember skin (without your silly changes to it). I am sad where this is heading with those deluxe skins... Without Ignus they are not deluxe anymore at all...

I wish IgnusDei was still there, making the Volt's skin... His/Her skins are simply the best for my taste.

I believe all the warframes deserve all the love, effort, passion and quality put into them like IgnusDei did...

Without him/her it will be like double quality skins... If you know what i mean. Just look at Ember and now Volt, and then look at all the skins made by Ignus... these warframes deserve better than this!

The Nekros Deluxe ain't that awesome either... It is OK, but it simply doesn't have all the details and the quality of Ignus skins... I don't want to insult the people who made these skins, they are talented and all... but Ignus is really making a masterpieces, and you can see all the passion he/she puts in it.