Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So can we talk about focus lenses.

(XBOX)SweatyPick3L

I admit I am excited for the changes announced from Dev Stream 98. But I got to thinking: 

1. Are lenses finally fricken gone from Sorties!?!

2. The lenses we do have, what will happen to them? Will there be any compensation? 

3. Will there be a replacement in the Sortie pool? 

Thoughts below. Thank you

Edited by (XB1)FCastle74

Just now, NekroArts said:

I may be wrong, but when did they mentioned that focus lenses will be removed from sorties pool? And if they do get removed where do we get them besides the market?

I think it's assumption that sins the whole focus system is supposed to be changed, that lenses are part of that. 

Just now, NightBlitz said:

lenses arent going anywhere folks. the method to obtain focus points isnt planned to  change at all, just the actual focus system itself is getting changed.

Just now, maj.death said:

Nowhere. The assumption was pulled out of thin air. Focus school abilities are changing, not acquisition.

Oh so we will still be using our frames to acquire focus points for our operator?

4 minutes ago, (Xbox One)FCastle74 said:

Yes, I am assuming. Focus won't be tied to our frame anymore. Omg k now I'm a a little confused..

How will we get focus for our operator using our operator?

I believe focus will be obtained the same way as always and go towards focus the same as always.

It's just that the focus abilities are no longer going to help our warframe, just our operator. 

However, IMO there is more to be done with lenses. DE yesterday on reddit talked about doing a lens respec, but admitted they hadn't even thought about it yet. I have an idea to easily deal with the respec issue, while also decreasing sortie drop table dilution. 

Just remove every lens that is currently equipped and put it back in people's inventory. And then make all lenses in everyone's inventory just either a "focus lens" or a "greater focus lens'. And then it gets a permanent value assigned the first time you equip it. 

This would also decrease sortie drop table dilution, as now there would only be two lens rewards in the sortie instead of 10 lol. 

Edited by Tesseract7777

8 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Just remove every lens that is currently equipped and put it back in people's inventory.

I'd really rather not have to add all my lenses back onto my gear.  Give us a method by which to extract them, sure, but don't forcebly remove them.  That would annoy me about as much as if they decided to put all Exilus Adaptors back into people's inventories whenever a Warframe got reworked.

Just now, Katinka said:

I'd really rather not have to add all my lenses back onto my gear.  Give us a method by which to extract them, sure, but don't forcebly remove them.  That would annoy me about as much as if they decided to put all Exilus Adaptors back into people's inventories whenever a Warframe got reworked.

I'm fine with the people who want to switch schools having to do more work and be the ones who have to go in and unequip/requip stuff, but I think my idea could work either way. 

2 minutes ago, (PS4)fullblast35 said:

its confusing.  they said that all the points we've invested in maxing focus schools AND the millions we have hanging around will be refunded.  So why will focus farming be a thing?

I just don't feel like I'll have a need to farm for focus. Idk. Just sad sorties will still have lenses, that's what assuming gets me. 

Edited by (XB1)FCastle74

2 minutes ago, (PS4)fullblast35 said:

its confusing.  they said that all the points we've invested in maxing focus schools AND the millions we have hanging around will be refunded.  So why will focus farming be a thing?

Not everyone has everything maxed and we don't know how much the new system will offer for us to buy.  There may be more than before and might even be consumable options that provide a constant Focus sink.  I don't know, just guessing.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)fullblast35 said:

You know, not everyone is an old player. New players still need to farm for focus >.>

Amd we still need lenses to farm for new focus if they make the trees take even more focus points then they do now.

Edited by PoisonHD