Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

4 player enemy scaling in solo mode please

DatDarkOne

4 minutes ago, VeNoN said:

and thats because of embers frames

ppl want too play dont want too stay put in the same place while ember does all the work
when enemys get some lvl yea u can finaly play in team but most of the ppl dont stay for 20waves  tell them too do 40 60 is insane 

so yea evrybody runs too difrent rooms too have some fun while keeping the 4player spawn rate

im not talking about Embers/Equinoxes, these are an other problem. With them you can obliterate wohle Rooms full of lv 100 enemies. But so can Mesa and Mag. 

And if the players scatter you could you can just as good play solo because you will get the same Affinity and the spawns will be divided between all the player occupied rooms, so not all will have the same enemycount. 

as I mentioned I don't find ranking Masteryfodder fun. And these "other" Players aren't helping. So give me the option to do it just as quick but without the interference from other players.

16 minutes ago, Darkuhn said:

this soo much this +1

but the thing if u are a solo player and got vs 4x the spawn rate with a ember nobody complains and u are happy 
but if u are forced too play with other players too get the spawn rate ppl will spread cuz nobody want too be near u 

im not complainig about ember some times im lazy an want too run with her but the thing is u need other players too have the spawn but nobody wants u there cuz i see both sides of the picture 

the problem is DE forces u too go in coop
but i dont have any idea too fix this and DE doesent too
we know the problem we need too fix it but thats the hard part of the story
is not calling other players ignorants that gone fix stuff is us as players find a way and DE implemnt it the right way

Edited by VeNoN

1 minute ago, VeNoN said:

but the thing if u are a solo player and got vs 4x the spawn rate with a ember nobody complains and u are happy 
but if u are forced too play with other players too get the spawn rate ppl will spread cuz nobody want too be near u 

not quite, ember doesn't help, when you want to rank crappy gear...

But I agree with you, that WoF Embers in Pub Games are the Pest. and at lower levels Equinox is even worse :/

6 hours ago, Troll_Logic said:

Not really.  Not all the time.

Let's say I go to a lvl 30 mission and I can crank the enemies up to "4 player mode."

Is the game "technically" more difficult.  Sure.  But is it really?  Nope.  

The vast majority, even the ones saying "I want it just for difficulty so I can 'test' my warframe", want it so they can level faster.

If players want to crank up the game, via way more enemies or higher levels, for a challenge, I'm for that.  But I'm not for players doing that so they can level faster.  So ss long as they don't get more affinity than the "normal" mission, I vote yes.

This is kind of counter to the regular opinion of "If you don't want to play with 'blah' go solo." So players should go in a group if people want exp but go solo when cc gets too much. Surely there is a way to solve both these problems like a scaled solo mode.

The exp is abysmal in solo (along with defense and excavation times) but even with scaling solo to spawn more enemies, we still wouldn't get the same exp due shared exp and how it works internally. In four player groups even if they split up you still get more spawns than in solo play and the players help cover more area reducing difficulty.

In terms of difficulty the current solo mode is a bunch of slow spawning bullet sponges. Due to only armour and spawn rate scaling. Meanwhile four player difficulty is just tons of enemies with regular armour. It's a like a feast of exp and death except instead of one player you have four making it even easier.

So I don't see the problem. No one is excluded, we can't accurately predict exp gain, and one player would most likely find more enemies harder to deal with. A complaint such as this being an affinity booster mode would just put public matches into question. As scaled and four player would basically be the same thing, and buying an actual affinity booster would still come out on top.

9 hours ago, Darkuhn said:

that's exactly why we want that option, I don't like it, that we are forced to play with 3 other players, that rarely understand how Affinityrange/shared Affinity works and run away in different directions, just to have the spawn rates for 4 players.

Oh the horror!  You hate to play with a team in a team based game.

The reason for that is, that I don't like ranking up useless gear and want to spend as little Time as necessary to do so.

Then don't.  When you find something "useless" then don't rank it up.

Also I don't want to be forced to play with randoms that scatter all over the map.

Again, team based game.

Which doesn't help when you want to allocate Affinity quickly.

Buy a booster.

1 hour ago, Troll_Logic said:

You hate to play with a team in a team based game.

You don't seem to get my point, in normal game play I don't usually have anything against playing with others, but they mostly become a hindrance when you want to level Masteryfodder. 

When you find something "useless" then don't rank it up.

Then enlighten me, how do I increase my MR if not through leveling Masteryfodder? And sadly there is A LOT of Masteryfodder in this game :/

Buy a booster.

these aren't helping enough in Solo-Mode :(

And in Case you didn't notice, this thread is about improving the "Solo-Mode" of this game.

If you noticed then I guess the Troll in your name is there for a reason.

9 hours ago, Cimbro94 said:

Steve's sad on twitter that the higher the MR the higher the enemy spawns....

If that's true and is implemented, that would be nice.  It would definitely resolve my needs.  But, I do realize that it might not be enough for others.  Guess it all depends on how its implemented and if it will be.

2 hours ago, Darkuhn said:

You don't seem to get my point, in normal game play I don't usually have anything against playing with others, but they mostly become a hindrance when you want to level Masteryfodder. 

I'm at 24 with well over 630 formas applied.  I didn't have much of a problem leveling items.  Of course, I usually level two or three items when I can.

Then enlighten me, how do I increase my MR if not through leveling Masteryfodder? And sadly there is A LOT of Masteryfodder in this game :/

So they're not useless.

Pssst....  That was my point.  Plus, you never know when a new mod will be dropped that changes a poor weapon into a fantastic one.

these aren't helping enough in Solo-Mode :(

Again, it's a team based game.  Anyway, I don't understand your point.

You want to speed level the crappy stuff solo so you can play with the good stuff.  You can always do what I did and just level stuff while you're playing.  That way you're not cursing every two minutes because you're playing a game with "useless" weapons that you don't want to play.

3 hours ago, Darkuhn said:

And in Case you didn't notice, this thread is about improving the "Solo-Mode" of this game.

If you noticed then I guess the Troll in your name is there for a reason.

You're so clever.  I hate to burst your bubble, but you're not the first person who disagreed with me so make that claim.  Even bolded it as well.  Especially clever.

Let me tell you why I picked this name.

A while back someone posted that he thought the catalyst & reactor should be a single item.

I replied that it made sense to me that since each worked on a different item, there should be two.

He replied that since both did the same thing, doubled mod points, there should be the same item.

I replied since warframes and weapons were different, it made sense there were two items.  But, "it's cool.  We just disagree."

He replied with "Don't bring your troll logic in here."

Don't be that dude.

I would like this idea and i dont see why drops or affinity should be affected. You're effectively taking on the role of an entire four man team. With the added dificulty that you dont have anyone to res you and things like life support drain faster. You're earning your drops and affinity through kills the same way you would if you had a party with 3 leechers. I'd cap it at 4man spawns tho since thats the current max party size.

I don't need more enemies - I would just like it to scale up faster.

So an option to 2x scale would mean if it normally takes 20 minutes to get from level 10 to level 20 enemies, now it takes 10 minutes

and 4x means it only takes 5 minutes. 

Right now it takes 3.5 hours to get to level 2500  enemies on MOT - A nice 4x time based difficulty multiplier could get that down to under an hour.  I don't need more rewards - just harder content faster.

This provides more difficulty & addresses the farming concerns. 

2 hours ago, Troll_Logic said:

Again, it's a team based game.  Anyway, I don't understand your point.

Correction, it's an online action/adventure/shooter that has co-op elements.  No where does it ever say that the game is team based or team focused only.  That has been an assumption by the players.  And since there is a solo option/mode, you can't really say it's team focused and disregard the solo aspect.  I mean really outside of Raids, how many of the missions just absolutely have to be done as a team.  

Edited by DatDarkOne

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)Tucker D Dawg said:

Right now it takes 3.5 hours to get to level 2500  enemies on MOT - A nice 4x time based difficulty multiplier could get that down to under an hour.  I don't need more rewards - just harder content faster.

i'll never understand why people would want to fight against lvl 1k+ enemies. at that point literally the only way to stay alive is to cheese it. thats not a challenge,  thats just boring. not to mention that staying in a mission for a long time is bad for your health.

On 9/17/2017 at 11:27 AM, TheCometCE said:

I feel like we should have 2 options for our group, "Solo" and "Solo (Scaled)" or something to that effect. I'm in the same boat, and there are builds I've made that I would absolutely love to use with a full group's scaling, but without the group.

I know the feel. I was in DanieltheDemon's stream the other day as the white Slowva doing Def. I managed a kill count almost as much as the other three people combined, tanked more damage, and dealt more damage.... and this is as a paper frame. Game needs more difficulty.

5 hours ago, DatDarkOne said:

Correction, it's an online action/adventure/shooter that has co-op elements.  No where does it ever say that the game is team based or team focused only.  That has been an assumption by the players.  And since there is a solo option/mode, you can't really say it's team focused and disregard the solo aspect.  I mean really outside of Raids, how many of the missions just absolutely have to be done as a team.  

thank you 😊 +1

22 minutes ago, kgabor said:

Difficulty in Warframe. :crylaugh: Where numbers and bs scaling is the "difficulty" and cheesing is a "skill".

But more options are always nice to have.

It didn't always used to be like this. Once upon a time, we didn't even have aura mods and restores for things like energy. We had to go entirely based off things that dropped. Where things really started to break was at the introduction of the Derelicts. When the vaults and corrupted mods made the scene, that's when min/maxing turned into a whole new monster in the game. By then, we also had the auras and energy regen was pretty king. With the introduction of the team restores, it also compounded the issue. It made the allowance to basically just spam abilities and run builds that are in the very base sense, just op.

The power creep with weapons also brought in a whole new issue. Braton Prime is a good example of what things used to be and how far out of hand they've gotten. Braton Prime still holds up decently well all things considered. It's still pretty much baby's first prime or one of them. The game used to be more focused on less targets and a more limited ability to gun them down. The AI was quick to hit the panic buttons and the response of the flood of units was a lot more punishing. We've since progressed into guns like Soma, Soma Prime, the many shotguns, and even the Boltors have progressed. We're now using full on hall clearers that can take out an entire wave of units in seconds. Combined with the abilities, it's just broken. The game was never meant to handle this.

Really, one of the only things they have at their disposal for difficulty are sheer numbers. Unit variety helps, but scaling is the other big one.