Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why does the hema use ammo?

Kiera_Okitoshi

3 minutes ago, Vesiga said:

It works off of Nidus passive healing ability, and anyone using rejuv aura thats about it. Harder to use it when not using Nidus

I don't think you understand. It uses ammo, IE it has a maximum ammo pool of like 700 and uses rifle ammo. It drains 3% HP to reload, but that doesn't create any ammo and just simply takes ammo from the rifle ammo pool. 

Also you don't need any healing frame, it has 5% life steal on headshots. 

No idea. I stopped using that weapon after I realized it still needed ammo to shoot. It really isn't that great considering the amount of samples needed for the research. 

To me it feels it steals health just for the sake of it which is kinda lame. 

Edited by Stoner74

3 minutes ago, AlphaPHENIX said:

''The Hema is a burst-fire Infested rifle that requires a sacrifice of health in order to reload''

It does use health to forge ammo, only on reloads.

Get your damn research straight next time you post a thread like this.

"A bloodsucker. This symbiotic burst-rifle leeches health to forge its ammo and then restores health with each headshot." This is the ingame description written by the developers. What you listed is the Wiki's notes on the rifle, not the official description. Learn to read before making a rude comment next time. 

I can confirm, after having tested it in the Simulacrum, that it does NOT forge ammo. When out of ammo, you flat out cannot reload. Not easy, considering how widespread and common rifle ammo is, but there you go. Misleading description, reloading uses ammo AND health. Minimum health from reloading = 5, so no self-killing from this.

Edited by Davian_Veq

51 minutes ago, AlphaPHENIX said:

''The Hema is a burst-fire Infested rifle that requires a sacrifice of health in order to reload''

It does use health to forge ammo, only on reloads.

Get your damn research straight next time you post a thread like this.

Turns out you were wrong as so is its description

23 minutes ago, Davian_Veq said:

I can confirm, after having tested it in the Simulacrum, that it does NOT forge ammo. When out of ammo, you flat out cannot reload. Not easy, considering how widespread and common rifle ammo is, but there you go. Misleading description, reloading uses ammo AND health. Minimum health from reloading = 5, so no self-killing from this.

And my theory was incorrect as well. This weapon is a waste imo its nice and all but a waste.

1 hour ago, NinjaZeku said:

It doesn't say it uses ONLY Health :P

Like everything Infested, it's a combination of stuff, so here it takes
bullets, a little bit of blood cyborg juice, and just a dash of technocyte virus for seasoning.

Bon appetit.

Now that's just splitting hairs to excuse the mistake. It's a misleading description and should be shamed for false advertising. 

10 hours ago, Kiera_Okitoshi said:

I like the weapon but the description is false advertising. 

And arguing over a description is getting close to cutting off your nose to spite your face. They have to describe something and this game isn't exactly free of vague descriptions and hidden or obscure mechanics.

It does what it says it does. It shoots viral bullets, leeches some health on headshots, and has a weirdo reload mechanic. It works. Whether it's any use to you is another question.

On 2017. 09. 20. at 8:25 AM, (PS4)psycofang said:

Basically for the health leech mechanic to "actually" work as it claims you have to run out if rifle ammo before it actually does what it says it does.

Its...odd and virtually pointless as even people who have the weapon rarely use it.

I tested that one out and once you run out of ammo it just stops reloading like every other weapon. It does not forge ammo at all.

On 9/20/2017 at 8:35 AM, Kiera_Okitoshi said:

The description clearly says that it "Uses health to forge its ammo", yet it still uses rifle ammo. Kinda false advertising and makes the self damage reload kind of pointless. It also doesn't fit in with the theme of the weapon. 

Why does it use ammo? Very simple, so that it won't have endless ammo.

Ignore the description or whatever, different people design the mechanics anyway. You can think of it like the blood adds "magic" to the bullets you pick up. Hell, they will change the description way before they will think of giving it endless ammo.

On 9/20/2017 at 8:45 AM, Stoner74 said:

No idea. I stopped using that weapon after I realized it still needed ammo to shoot. It really isn't that great considering the amount of samples needed for the research. 

To me it feels it steals health just for the sake of it which is kinda lame. 

Yeah, and it has Viral base damage (which can be combined with Corrosive) and also heals you very fast, but that's like not important at all....

4 minutes ago, -N7-Leonhart said:

Yeah, and it has Viral base damage (which can be combined with Corrosive) and also heals you very fast, but that's like not important at all....

I picked it up for my Chroma build. He can make any weapon rated for 150+, so its passive healing was all I needed. I was also hoping for the infinite ammo so that I didn't have to worry about keeping carrier alive, but that's that I guess. 

I believe that the OP expected it to work similar to the Widowmaker in TF2 

https://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Widowmaker

"This weapon uses the Engineer's metal as its source of ammunition; each shot fired will consume 30 metal, making for a maximum of 6 shots able to be fired without additional metal, with no requirement to reload. Each point of damage done to an enemy player or building with the Widowmaker is returned to the Engineer as metal; as such, the amount of metal returned can be greater than the amount expended when fired if enough damage is dealt."

The Hema seems to be a similar weapon in mechanics... described as using your own health pool as ammo one would expect it to behave in that manner. Instead we have a weapon that uses rifle ammo but drains your HP in order to reload.

"A bloodsucker. This symbiotic burst-rifle leeches health to forge its ammo and then restores health with each headshot." 

As a player I would expect to lose HP per shot and gain HP back upon headshot, meaning that I would have an influx of health provided I can land consecutive headshots.

I'd rather have it like:

no reload, shots as long as there is health.

a 10-slot mod caps the minimum health at which it stops draining health. 

Hema Leech - uses 4 HP to forge 1 bullet. Consumes health if HP higher than 100% - (9% * mod level)  - after that, weapon gets an "empty clip"

level 0 = shoot while health is between 100 and 81%

level 10 = shoot while health is between 100 and 1%

Ammo efficiency mods reduce the HP cost instead.

Should not use normal ammo at all.