Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What’s your favourite planet/tileset?

EndermanBeast

I've always liked the Void tileset. Probably because it is one of the older ones, but I grown to like it back when T3 Exterminates were considered one of the hardest missions in Warframe, before T4 keys and such came out.

The symmetry, the "clean" look and those obstacle courses, it was quite fun to explore the map back then.

Edited by X3Evanescence

Hard choice between the new PBR'd void and the Kuva Fortress. (aka edge fortress) Just overall design of the Fortress is nice on an aesthetic level, but navigating it kinda sucks. 

The Void has both things going for it tho, looking good, and not an absolute nightmare to navigate. 

In terms of scope and concept, has to be Corpus Gas City, the first time I looked out towards the horizon in one of my earliest solo missions there, don't have a proper screenshot, but found this:

VRGVXtb.jpg

When I realized what I was looking at on that catwalk, I was like:

YToTJgZ.gif

It switches between a few. Ceres is great because it has that atmosphere of decay about it. Earth because if you take it slow, you really do feel like a predator stalking through the jungle. Kuva Fortress has so many nifty details that I sometimes get lost in the tiles, exploring. 

But the cake has to go to Lua. I always imagine myself jumping out of one of those windows and going for that tower in the horizon. It just beckons to explore. And I am sad when some missions come to an end. 

Sealab tileset.

The whole tileset is very underused imo. I've farmed everything there's to get out of rare mod drops and resources from Uranus, and yet only once I saw an extraction that took me to sea level (as opposite to underwater extractions), I was fascinated by it. There were a few other rooms I've never seen before, like having one of the elevators flooded all the way up (and it was on diagonal as if the structure was falling, I did see this elevator a few more times tho).

I do have a weakness for games and maps themed around water tho. So, having a whole tileset built on underwater caves mixed with corals, in my eyes, that's awesome.

Edited by Duduminador

Europa tileset is the one I like most at the moment. Sometimes it's hard for me to tear my eyes away from those icy wastelands and crashed Corpus ships.

Since there will probably be more PoE-like locations, someday I hope to see a snow desert with ice caves and a settlement on Europa.

Edited by Atheeas

5 minutes ago, Atheeas said:

Europa tileset is the one I like most at the moment. Sometimes it's hard for me to tear my eyes away from those icy wastelands and crashed Corpus ships.

Since there will probably be more PoE-like locations, I hope to see a snow desert with ice caves and a settlement on Europa someday.

If there wasn’t Ceres or Kuva Fortress, then Europa FTW

All of them absolutely OOZE appeal to me and lead to me takeing AGES to finish some missions. But, in the end, it is the haunting songs and battered excess of the Void Towers that take me in. The non-combat music, intermingled with the empty spaces where one could imagine what had been there before. . . it's almost intoxicating creatively and aesthetically speaking.

Edited by Unus

3 minutes ago, Unus said:

All of them absolutely OOZE appeal to me and lead to me takeing AGES to finish some missions. But, in the end, it is the haunting songs and battered excess of the Boid Towers that take me in. The non-combat music, intermingled with the empty spaces where one could imagine what had been there before. . . it's almost intoxicating creatively and aesthetically speaking.

Boid towers?? You mean Void towers?

That would be void for me. Spent so much time there farming for primes that I have come to know every nook and cranny of it. Even now I run void missions just to be there. No stupid alarms, no loud machinery, just nice and quiet. I also just love the aesthetic feel of it as well. Mysterious and ominous feel it has, like something greater is watching you, the Neural Sentry. Lua is a close second though, but it just doesn't have to same familiar feeling as the void tile-sets do.

1 minute ago, nickelshark said:

That would be void for me. Spent so much time there farming for primes that I have come to know every nook and cranny of it. Even now I run void missions just to be there. No stupid alarms, no loud machinery, just nice and quiet. I also just love the aesthetic feel of it as well. Mysterious and ominous feel it has, like something greater is watching you, the Neural Sentry. Lua is a close second though, but it just doesn't have to same familiar feeling as the void tile-sets do.

I kinda like void but because of how much I’ve played it, it doesn’t feel special to me any more.

Europa, except every time im on the surface all i want to do is explore the vast landscapes without the reset boundaries and invisible walls. i really want it to be the next open world map, i wanna fight the corpus ice pirates we've heard of...

Edited by McDuffMan