The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Zenurik Energizing Dash

PsiWarp

Just now, PsiWarp said:

Probably means they disapprove of press once, free energy forever til mission end. They want us to work for it and use the Operator (however briefly).

which is why I said earlier that it feels like it's there to force us to use the operator... something no one even asked for in the first place...

Just now, LSG501 said:

which is why I said earlier that it feels like it's there to force us to use the operator... something no one even asked for in the first place...

That kinda applies to the whole focus rework in general through. People wanted it to be good and useful and the other schools to get buffs, no one ever asked for operators in em yet we got em.

Just now, LSG501 said:

Well yeah, DE loves the concept of the Operator. They're gonna make us use them one way or another, whether farming or getting buffs or specific fights. Stick to Trinity, Harrow, Energy Pizzas, Energy Siphon, Rage, etc, energy is abundant in this game.

3 minutes ago, Newnight said:

That kinda applies to the whole focus rework in general through. People wanted it to be good and useful and the other schools to get buffs, no one ever asked for operators in em yet we got em.

True, I said at the time of operators being released that they felt tacked on, an afterthought even and were more about selling outfits for 'fashion frame' than anything else (I'm expecting a LOT more plat outfit options for operators now).  Now it seems like the dev's are trying to come up with ways to make them seem part of the game by 'forcing' their use on us in more and more things even though most of us don't like them. 

2 minutes ago, PsiWarp said:

Stick to Trinity, Harrow, Energy Pizzas, Energy Siphon, Rage, etc, energy is abundant in this game.

Very few people want to play support roles in this game

Edited by LSG501

25 minutes ago, Xriah said:

Disappointing is an understatement. There was nothing she did in operator form that she couldn't have done much better and much easier in a Warframe. As far as I could see, there's no compelling reason to use it.

Let me see... If they did make it compelling to use people would complain that they have to use it. If they didnt make it compelling to use as a niche people would complain about it being just a niche.

Man...

8 minutes ago, Brinie said:

Hope it doesn't end up stacking.. 20 energy a sec is a bit ridiculous. 

It does.

But you must have 4 Zenurik users with the ability maxed out and use it within the same time window, tell me how we will ever be like that in PUG play?

Just now, LSG501 said:

True, I said at the time of operators being released that they felt tacked on, an afterthought even and were more about selling outfits for 'fashion frame' than anything else (I'm expecting a LOT more plat outfit options for operators now).  Now it seems like the dev's are trying to come up with ways to make them seem part of the game by 'forcing' their use on us in more and more things even though most of us don't like them. 

Personally I kinda  like the concept its just the usual problems I have with space child. 

• Terrible movement
  • Drains energy to quickly
  • Weaker then a dead kitten
  • Fairly cringe dialogue
  • No idea how old they are

After all, why be luke skywalker when you can be master chief?

Just now, Newnight said:
  • Terrible movement

To be fair movement (well transistion) did seem better in prime time and supposedly health etc can be buffed with the new arcanes for the operator suits and maybe focus school (that wasn't exactly that clear)....which will be so much fun farming for I'm sure.... so in essence we're stuck at 100hp etc

Just now, Newnight said:

Personally I kinda  like the concept its just the usual problems I have with space child. 

• Terrible movement
  • Fairly cringe dialogue
  • No idea how old they are

After all, why be luke skywalker when you can be master chief?

• Movement seems to have been tweaked
  • People assumed that they had infinite energy regen on stream, but there were no dev-hacks active
  • There are ways to upgrade that (Focus stuff and the Arcanes)
  • Can't disagree with you here...
  • Um... okay?

So... yeah, a lot of problems with space children are being addressed. But na, let's just keep bashing and assuming it will be bad.

3 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

Very few people want to play support roles in this game

Au contraire, we have tons of pure/partially supporting Warframes in our roster, and we have literally thousands of players. If you're not seeing them on pubs that's a matchmaking problem.

Trinity, Harrow, Octavia, Limbo, now Zenurik making any player capable of providing energy (not that Energy Pizzas weren't around before).

Just now, LSG501 said:

To be fair movement (well transistion) did seem better in prime time and supposedly health etc can be buffed with the new arcanes for the operator suits and maybe focus school (that wasn't exactly that clear)....which will be so much fun farming for I'm sure.... so in essence we're stuck at 100hp etc

Interesting, I just hope when ever helemith is gotten too he allows us to do something to our operators to make em more mature or something cool.

1 minute ago, PsiWarp said:

Au contraire, we have tons of pure/partially supporting Warframes in our roster, and we have literally thousands of players. If you're not seeing them on pubs that's a matchmaking problem.

Trinity, Harrow, Octavia, Limbo, now Zenurik making any player capable of providing energy (not that Energy Pizzas weren't around before).

we might have plenty of frames but I very rarely see a support frame in public groups on the starmap.... now it may be matchmaking or it may be the simple fact people prefer killing rather than keeping players alive on the starmap (which lets be honest any high level player shouldn't need supporting on)

My biggest issue is that the operators still look like they are running through mud! They look like they are running flat footed and it looks stupid. My 9 year old niece can out run them running backwards straight up. :crylaugh:

On topic: Focus needs a few tweaks I'm sure but overall looks fine. 

Edited by (XB1)RDeschain82

2 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

we might have plenty of frames but I very rarely see a support frame in public groups on the starmap.... now it may be matchmaking or it may be the simple fact people prefer killing rather than keeping players alive on the starmap (which lets be honest any high level player shouldn't need supporting on)

I hate glass cannons  I perfer support or tanks  Why I play 98% of the time as heavy buffer oberon. Back up frames are inaros , nidus and  deppending level on the mission  nekros for farmin and Ivara for spy.

1 hour ago, PsiWarp said:

Prime Time tonight, Rebecca showed her Zenurik Operator plus some Focus 2.0 skills. Make a bubble, pass through it, get up to 5 energy per second for 30 seconds even after you move away (150 total energy gained). Stackable with multiple Zenurik users. Repeatable bubble creation.

I feel very energized. Not to mention the Energy Pulse Resiual giving you 2.5 energy per second for 5 seconds when picking up an Energy Orb (so total 37.5 energy per orb); maybe even 75 energy from crate and locker Energy Orbs...

It will be a while until another batch of people call for Zenurik Nerfs again. Just you wait.

1 hour ago, PsiWarp said:

Probably means they disapprove of press once, free energy forever til mission end. They want us to work for it and use the Operator (however briefly).

Seems kinda stupid. And even if they made the operators super amazing and super powerful, I would still barely use them, except for energy because to me, they a stick on into the game. They're so tacky and unfinished even now that I would prefer to just be my warframe

1 hour ago, Kaotyke said:

Let me see... If they did make it compelling to use people would complain that they have to use it. If they didnt make it compelling to use as a niche people would complain about it being just a niche.

It's almost as if DE made a bad choice and then decided to design themselves into a corner around that bad choice. :scared:

"Need to make Operators more fun to use, but can't make them better than warframes, which means players won't want to use them over warframes, which means we need to make operators more fun to use, ect. ect."

5 hours ago, DrBorris said:

So it is not the end of the world? Huh, it would seem that A LOT of people jumped the gun... who knew...

Not at all. It took player feedback from both the AMA and from the forums to get DE to make sure we had good energy regen. It's a direct result of player feedback that things are looking better than we hoped. 

Don't believe me? If it wasn't for player feedback than right now we would have 3 gimpy vacuum mods instead of one good vacuum mod. Players have learned that it's better to let DE know their grievances BEFORE they release something, because it takes DE years to ever getting around to fix anything. 

17 minutes ago, malekas said:

If it wasn't for player feedback than right now we would have 3 gimpy vacuum mods instead of one good vacuum mod. Players have learned that it's better to let DE know their grievances BEFORE they release something, because it takes DE years to ever getting around to fix anything. 

Don't pat yourself on the back too much. Player feedback isn't the end-all be-all of the way this game is designed and, often, is knee-jerk, at best, leading to interesting features and balance decisions getting completely scrapped simply because people don't like the idea of it.

Vacuum being three mods may very well not have been such a bad idea. People liked the concept of being able to pick and choose what got sucked up and it was immediately shot down by a bunch of people thinking their way was the only way.

Taking shots at DE's work ethic immediately after placing yourself and the community on a pedestal is also incredibly hilarious.

4 hours ago, PsiWarp said:

Only time I've seen support frames on a run, it's the one leeching off exp while on leveling nodes.

5 hours ago, Evers said:

Madurai aswell and as expected Madurai still is pretty disappointing. The 25% dmg boost to physical and elemental dmg is nice but everything else is ok at best. Still way too focused on dmg which doesn't scale and nothign usefull like the Energy regen that Zenurik gets.

If i'm not mistaken, the physical dmg boost will be more than 3 times weaker than we have right now.

:(