The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Move all content to Open world

Mell

Maybe its just me being sick of all the old corridor content. I love the new open world so why not just move everything to it. I hate how i have to back and do the old content, the open world is so much better.

Maybe this is there plan but i wanted to see if anyone shared my opinion. I would love Open world MMORPG warframe. Let us roam space in our arkwing.

A: it would cost far too much in both man hours and cash to be feasible.

B: it would exclude those currently running the game on computers with the hardware-strength of a toaster. Large, open environments are way more demanding and intensive on one’s computer than smaller, contained levels.

C: you may like it, others may not. It’s subjective. There should be variety to satisfy as many tastes as possible.

Amen to that. I wouldn't want my toaster laptop to run Warframe at the speed of Guild Wars 2 for instance, no matter how much FPS I'd still get. 

As for the game's sake, going full open world and ditching those corridoor's styled tilesets completely, or in any way similiar to that, would transform Warframe into a whole other game. That's not fitting.

Honestly for the vanilla tile-sets, I'd settle for pseudo open world instances by which I mean create a massive map based on the room assets of the tile-sets and make it so missions are set in a part of that map (For example, in the Grineer galleon tile-set, you could either have the mission set in an engineering section or the docking bay) just for realistic consistency with the environment so we avoid levels that have unrealistic environmental positioning or repeating duplication of certain rooms.

Why not move both things in both directions? At least some of the resources and loot could be moved to the old tilesets, impossible that a grineer galleon has no grokdruul at all etc.

Warframes main game is still the 21 updates it had before eidolon, no need to rush things and force open world on everyone, let's move towards a healthy synthesis I say.

Yeah a mix would be great. Honestly i don't think it would be that hard to have something like a standard grineer or corpus ship designed using the old tile sets. then have entry and exit points with an arcwing. Maybe end up a bit like assassin creed. alarms from breaking in and then running away.

Might even help the difficulty if there some GTA style stars slowly increasing the enemies. I might be dreaming a bit to big here.

49 minutes ago, Jackviator said:

A: it would cost far too much in both man hours and cash to be feasible.

B: it would exclude those currently running the game on computers with the hardware-strength of a toaster. Large, open environments are way more demanding and intensive on one’s computer than smaller, contained levels.

C: you may like it, others may not. It’s subjective. There should be variety to satisfy as many tastes as possible.

rekt lol

According to the bosses, the plan is to utilize both at the same time assuming Cetus is a proper success. That means, if Eidolon doesn't stop being attractive and fun for a large portion of people (the ones who likely never talk on the forums) for the rest of October and all of November, they plan to launch a Venusian tile set at some point in the future, while keeping the main-game still flowing through questing. I have very little doubt that they won't do the same if that to is successful, likely aiming at the Infested or Corrupted after that, and doing the "missing one" after that.

With no real way to control this, keep fingers crossed that Cetus is declared a By-Digital-Standards success.

Edited by Unus

Well, for one, it would break all of the quests, events and bosses.

While POE is a breath of fresh air, a lot of work has been put into the modular tilesets. It'd be a shame to just chuck all of that, especially considering how nice some of those rooms are. Not to mention, if every mission and objective were set in an open-world environment, they would get stale very quickly. The Plains and future similar environments need to be several times larger to avoid that. Or else events could occur that radically alter the landscape for a while.

My ultimate dream is for open-world areas to have 'dungeons' which function like modular tilesets.

I'm suggesting on a proper placements of ship-based tilesets, namely Grineer galleon and Corpus ship (and to a degree, derelicts and infested corpus ships). What in my mind is instead of randomizing the tileset, it would be placed at the proper positions that makes sense for a ship layout. 

It would make it that you belong to a place. You are in a particular ship, not just some randomized tileset that you rarely care about. I mean, DE did that in the start because they had only one tileset and limited content, so randomization is a way to keep things fresh back in the day. But now we have a lot of tilesets, I think making it proper would be a good suggestion.

As for ground-based tileset, DE can follow the suggestions above by making it an actual place to go, fixed tileset placements. Or they can simply modify the randomization that it would not make repeating tilesets on the same mission, at least for the big tilesets; connector tilesets can be used repeatedly as required.

Thinking on making my own topic for this, i'm just a bit lazy atm. So here, my 2 cents. Tl;DR is that tilesets needs to stay, just that it needs to be made ship-proper. and no repeating tilesets on ground-based tilesets.

Absolutely not. I'm enjoying the plains well enough but it is nowhere near as entertaining as what we already have. After I get more than enough of everything from the plains/cetus I'll go right back to what running the endless survivals on Pluto, Sedna, Derelict, and in the Void. All of which for more engaging.

The open world thing is neat and it looks beautiful but other than new things to collect because it's new has nothing over generated maps from gameplay fun angle in my opinion.

No thank you, I`m perfectly happy with our corridor tileset. This is what warframe was about until now and I hope it will be about in the future with Open World being secondary.  I don't want warframe to become a generic open world game just because that's the trend, ffs , everything becomes open world these days. PoE was a nice experiment and a nice change of pace, but it is certainly not something that can keep the game going. The repetition is still there, you still do the same objectives over and over and over again. 

Edited by aligatorno

I would like to see open world and closed tileset share some resources e.g. move some mines to asteroid tileset, some plants move into PoE so we don't have to stay in the same environment for years for resources but I don't think making everything open-world is a good idea.