Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Zenurik's Energizing Dash needs to go but I'll give you an alternative.

Brozenwall

Almost every mission that I enter usually 3 or more people are using Zenurik just to use Energizing Dash. That skill alone is taking over of a system that should diversify options for the player.

Frames need innate Energy restore but lets tie it with MR.

0.1 + (MR x 0.1) = Energy per Second

A MR 10 will get 1.1 Energy per second

and A MR 24 will get 2.5 Energy per second

Now after that we can change completely the effect of Energizing Dash.

My idea is:

Same bubble that now last.

3 /  5 / 7 / 9 / 11 /13 seconds.

Casting a skill inside the bubble cost less Energy:

5 % / 10% / 15% / 20% / 25% / 30%

what do you guys think?

First lets fix focus gain so we can level smt beside zenurik in which we trust.

The way I see it right now, Zenurik is reliable cause energy restore is always nice, Madurai is good in every way (i use it just as much as zenurik, bonus dmg for weapons and combative skill tree for operator), Vazarin requires coordination with rest of the team. Naramon is bad outside of focus farm through stealth kills because does not offer much, unairu i cant judge since dont even have it unlocked but from my reading i dont see it as useful as Zenurik or Madurai. Naramon and Unairu need a bit of attention.

Just now, Teshin_Dax said:

Naramon is able to let you red crit with any melee and it can keep your combon counter alive for minutes.. 

Thats not bad

Forgot about that since it is not that helpful, at least for me. I do fine in sorties even with orange crits and my combo counter is always there if i melee only using either body count or drifting contact. I mean Naramon has applications but they are so specific that you might just forget about them like I just did. Sometimes i forget to change active school, and if it is Madurai or zenurik I dont mind it, other 3 I tend to struggle a bit. 

17 minutes ago, Brozenwall said:

lets tie it with MR.

Casting a skill inside the bubble cost less Energy:

I don't think energy regen should be tied to MR. MR isn't really a good system in the first place IMO.

The proposed bubble is what the original Zenurik bubble was, you'll have to stand in it to get energy and you'll have to cast it twice as much. The current system for Zenurik is pretty solid, and I don't have any solid complaints about it.

I agree that frames need more reliable sources of energy badly, and that energizing dash currently is just a big fat magnet for anybody who feels the same way. I maxed it out first thing and now I just casually put focus into zenurik with little regard for what I'm doing because most of the other abilities don't grab my attention as well. I think your suggestion would be a great replacement, though I don't think it would solve the issue of people relying on it so much. If frames had an innate energy regeneration mechanic I think we could probably forego an energy focus entirely on the ability, and instead give it maybe a range/duration/range+duration modifier instead. That would make it incredibly useful for only certain abilities per frame and make its use (slightly) more tactical as a result.

There was a fantastic thread a couple years ago where someone listed out a series of "skillshot" mechanics that awarded energy to warframes as they achieved difficult kills in-mission, with the amount being higher the more skill-intensive the shot. Aimglides, headshots, etc. Unfortunately we got a lot of that in Harrow. (a frame I love for that reason) so I doubt we'll see that be global any time soon now. But I would definitely like to see something that makes energy gain more innate to frames so I could really get to play around with focus more without altering my four-years-running playstyle too much.

What if, being in Operator mode activated energy regen on Warframes? They're already invincible or invincible-ish when we're walking potatos, why not just canonize it by wrapping them in "void energy" and saying excess energy from Transference both protects the frame and recharges it?

This would halt ability spamming by forcing players to wait just a tiny bit if they don't want to invest in the more sacrifice-heavy forms of energy regen, while also encouraging further use of the Operator mode, something DE has stated clearly that they want and a lot of players still just don't do, even after the focus rework. It would also make Operators feel all around more like a solid bonus right out the gate, rather than something tacked on that we have to really invest in to see their worth.

Edited by Tavanaka

Zenuriks energy gain ability is a lot better then it was.Aside from that many other nodes on Zenurik are worth of unlocking and using.

I would be very careful if I was you.There was a lot of rage from players that didnt give a chance to Energizing dash thinking it was a nerf from what it was in focus 1.0.Also you didnt give any valid reason whatsoever for this radical change you are proposing.

edit:

Casting ability from inside of a bubble...This was no.1 thing players raged about.Being limited to a bubble...

Edited by RistN

1 hour ago, Kimimoto said:

I don't think energy regen should be tied to MR. MR isn't really a good system in the first place IMO.

The proposed bubble is what the original Zenurik bubble was, you'll have to stand in it to get energy and you'll have to cast it twice as much. The current system for Zenurik is pretty solid, and I don't have any solid complaints about it.

People want all sorts of stuff tied to MR, like wallet warriors can't buy MR in a weekend.

MR is a Business Model, not a game mechanic. These people are literally asking for stuff to be gated behind a business model created to encourage Plat sales.

As for Zenurik, either leave it alone, or just give every frame built in energy Regen, like Archwing.

Well they just nerfed one of the better tools in Vazarin, Void Aegis.

Before I could think of some interesting uses for that ability and now I can't think of anything but how to troll people.

Madurai's active abilities are useless outside PoE. It's Phoenix Gaze all over again with that school and the passives aren't enough to justify having it active for most of builds. Unairu has one good active with a very specific group-only use. So that leaves Naramon which is good for melee or frames that can safely make use of Executing Dash.

I have most of the nodes unlocked and for me diversity is lacking because the other choices are very niche. You either have build specific things like Naramon, Group specific things like Unairu, group and build specific like Vazarin or basically just a little passive damage from Madurai. Not hard to see which is going to get used more.

Even removing Energizing Dash from Zenurik will still result in it being used more thanks to Energy Pulse. The school caters to a fundamental aspect of the game where as the others are more specialized tools.  The other schools can be powerful in their own right but even owning an Arcane Energize Set; I usually stack Zenurik on top of it which allows me to slot Blind Rage or drop Streamline and get more out of that build than the other schools generally provide.

2 hours ago, Xzorn said:

Even removing Energizing Dash from Zenurik will still result in it being used more thanks to Energy Pulse.

^This.  It handles my energy needs very well on Ivara, Titania, and Mag.  I don't even bother with Energy Dash for myself most times unless I want to help others with their energy.  

3 hours ago, BlackCoMerc said:

People want all sorts of stuff tied to MR, like wallet warriors can't buy MR in a weekend.

MR is a Business Model, not a game mechanic. These people are literally asking for stuff to be gated behind a business model created to encourage Plat sales.

As for Zenurik, either leave it alone, or just give every frame built in energy Regen, like Archwing.

I agree with this.  It's quite easy to use plat to gain higher MR.  I somewhat did it myself in a limited fashion in my rush to get to MR 12 so I could get the Rakta Cernos.  I only used plat to buy frame bundles for frame that I didn't want to farm.  That was a big speed boost to higher MR all by itself.

Now just imagine how fast I could have gotten higher MR if I bought all the frames, weapons, boosters, and then used "generic affinity farming node" to rank them all up.  I would dare say that it would have taken maybe a week to get to MR 12 if not less.   It wouldn't be cheap, but then again you have players paying 1000+ plat for just one riven.  

1 minute ago, DatDarkOne said:

^This.  It handles my energy needs very well on Ivara, Titania, and Mag.  I don't even bother with Energy Dash for myself most times unless I want to help others with their energy.  

I agree with this.  It's quite easy to use plat to gain higher MR.  I somewhat did it myself in a limited fashion in my rush to get to MR 12 so I could get the Rakta Cernos.  I only used plat to buy frame bundles for frame that I didn't want to farm.  That was a big speed boost to higher MR all by itself.

Now just imagine how fast I could have gotten higher MR if I bought all the frames, weapons, boosters, and then used "generic affinity farming node" to rank them all up.  I would dare say that it would have taken maybe a week to get to MR 12 if not less.   It wouldn't be cheap, but then again you have players paying 1000+ plat for just one riven.  

From MR10-12 I ran Draco like it was my job, to get Syndicate weapons unlocked. 

Got a Plat discount. Bought some weapons. A frame. Real tough. Yeah.

I sort if regret it now. I've begen working to craft my stuff, steadfastly avoiding buying for Plat and am enjoying goals like "get 10 Tellurium for new Grineer sword" I set for myself.

But yeah...MR as a gate to anything is a joke. I virtually bought 2000 extra Syndicate points per day. Is this REALLY the gate you want to use?

7 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

I believe someone did this somewhere. MR 23 in less than 30 Days. They literally just bought everything, and ranked things on Draco, I believe, at the time, and aside from a Failed Test or two, they got to MR 23 in less than a month, and showed "How Totally and Legit" Pro they were now in Warframe, with less than 500 hours. (More or less they were making a huge point about how dumb it was to tie things in or judge other people around MR)

Edited by Tangent-Valley

1 minute ago, Tangent-Valley said:

I believe someone did this somewhere. 23 MR in less than 30 Days. They literally just bought everything, and ranked things on Draco, I believe, at the time, and aside from a Failed Test or two, they got to MR 23 in less than a month, and showed "How Totally and Legit" Pro they were now in Warframe, with less than 500 hours. (More or less they were making a huge point about how dumb it was to tie things in or judge other people around MR)

True. That and the fact that some vets or experienced players also have alt accounts.  I was originally surprised at how rude some were to me on my alt account because of it's very low MR.  It's gotten better as they now are just surprised that I don't play like a MR 6 player when I'm on that account.  

Hehe, I've even had some directly ask me how I know about some frames/weapons when they don't show in Alt's profile.  Mwuahahahahaha

If the Mastery Rank system was [1] complete and [2] represented some sort of meaningful progression then it would be appropriate to tie gameplay mechanics to it. As it is, MR is a side effect of collecting, or at least the need to find something to do. There is no need to pursue MR actively for gameplay reasons beyond a certain point unless you want some minor perks. More trades, higher daily caps, higher starting capacity on gears, etc. Nothing essential, but "nice to haves" just like MR itself. Not to mention that you can speed up increasing your MR greatly by buying gear rather than farming it. So a huge no to having energy regen tied to it.

Energizing Dash is pretty balanced. Helps manage energy without making content inconsequential, although there are more potent energy management options available. It fits into the "nice to have" category but is far from essential, as the replies in this thread attest. There are real issues with focus that removing this one ability won't even come close to fixing.

Edited by MisterUltimate

I'd prefer if they just changed it so Energizing dash at least left the buff on the caster/zenurik user for the remainder of a mission. The current mechanic is unnecessary and obnoxious. It did not add any interesting gameplay or positive value to the player experience in general. 

Leave it as a 30 second buff (max rank) for team members that aren't using Zenurik, let the Zenurik user have their energy regen and stop making me swap to operator every 30 seconds (or usually more since a lot of people likely over re-cast it so it doesn't fall off) to re-buff myself. 

Or if they wanted to completely re-balance the energy system, which I don't expect they'll bother doing anytime soon if ever, then each frame could have a different amount of base energy regen ("caster" frames having higher base regen) and they could remove orbs entirely (or leave them in place for certain frames where it made sense). In that case we'd have higher regen numbers since we'd be balancing energy regen in the absence of energy orbs. 

Mastery Rank definitely should not be a factor in energy regen. 

edit: Since I was just in a game with a laggy host, I'd also like to add that in a P2P hosted game where latency can be highly variable from game to game, I think it was very short sighted of them to try to push us into swapping into operator frequently to apply buffs when the experience as a client can be even more tedious as the delay in swapping in and out of operator when not the host magnifies what's already a tedious experience. 

Edited by Borg1611

30 minutes ago, Borg1611 said:

I'd prefer if they just changed it so Energizing dash at least left the buff on the caster/zenurik user for the remainder of a mission. The current mechanic is unnecessary and obnoxious. It did not add any interesting gameplay or positive value to the player experience in general. 

Leave it as a 30 second buff (max rank) for team members that aren't using Zenurik, let the Zenurik user have their energy regen and stop making me swap to operator every 30 seconds (or usually more since a lot of people likely over re-cast it so it doesn't fall off) to re-buff myself. 

Or if they wanted to completely re-balance the energy system, which I don't expect they'll bother doing anytime soon if ever, then each frame could have a different amount of base energy regen ("caster" frames having higher base regen) and they could remove orbs entirely (or leave them in place for certain frames where it made sense). In that case we'd have higher regen numbers since we'd be balancing energy regen in the absence of energy orbs. 

Mastery Rank definitely should not be a factor in energy regen. 

edit: Since I was just in a game with a laggy host, I'd also like to add that in a P2P hosted game where latency can be highly variable from game to game, I think it was very short sighted of them to try to push us into swapping into operator frequently to apply buffs when the experience as a client can be even more tedious as the delay in swapping in and out of operator when not the host magnifies what's already a tedious experience. 

Amen.

Dash once, get the Regen all mission long. Sooooo tired of swapping just for the sake of dash.

Especially since the swap back is broken. Half the time I don't get my controls back. Not fully.