Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we fail the Operation ? What about an Infested Cetus ?

AnthonypointB

Do you think we can fail the Plague Star Operation ? I mean, maybe if we fail to fight off the infested, they can infest Cetus. It would be great if we could influence the world like this. Like we can influence the destruction of a relay ! And considering there are several instances, some of these could be considered as "infested" and others as "Clean" ? And we also know that the Cetus tower is composed of flesh, maybe the infection can do... "Things with that" ???

But I know... It is immoral because there are children in the city, isn’t it ?

I would like to have your opinion on this ! :)

9 minutes ago, toto1511 said:

Do you think we can fail the Plague Star Operation ? I mean, maybe if we fail to fight off the infested, they can infest Cetus. It would be great if we could influence the world like this. Like we can influence the destruction of a relay ! And considering there are several instances, some of these could be considered as "infested" and others as "Clean" ? And we also know that the Cetus tower is composed of flesh, maybe the infection can do... "Things with that" ???

I don't think so. It'd be cool if we could! But I doubt DE would go through all the effort they have in Cetus (even making a syndicate standing for it) just for this operation to blow it all up.

19 minutes ago, toto1511 said:

The technology simply isn't there and the cost to implement such a system is prohibitive.

Warframe events are scripted events.  

Isn't the Earth ecosystem somewhat resistant to the Infestation?  That, and the Unum might have a fail-safe.  

In any case, if there was a "fail" state it doesn't need to be an extermination of Cetus.  Failing to do enough to stem the Infested outbreak could have the consiquence of a quarontine on Cetus, some infected/maimed citizens, and assosiated suffering without removeing the gameplay elements.  

vor 31 Minuten schrieb toto1511:

Like we can influence the destruction of a relay !

Oh my sweet summer child. Eyes of Blight was very much scripted, we only had somewhat of a choice which three relays we wanted to save. And even then it was one for each third of the planets. Formorian attacks now are just as scripted. After all, it's not like we could prove that DE reduces the Formorian's health without player interaction, can we.

losing relays during that fomorian event was really cool idea, there are almost no games where you can fail or fail without losing the game, it would be cool to have similar events once in a while ..

you dont need to lose whole cetus, just losing during the event or not reaching its whole goal would cause more infested to spawn in plains. during extermination bounties you would be clearing infested from plains and grinneer commanders would be replaced by phorid and juggernaut for assassination missions .. and after few months it would return back to normal

or those invasions, depending on who wins the tile would change its faction for a while, would be nice to see grineer/corpus faction wars on galaxy map or see how the infestation is spreading

42 minutes ago, CriticalFumble said:

Isn't the Earth ecosystem somewhat resistant to the Infestation?  That, and the Unum might have a fail-safe.  

In any case, if there was a "fail" state it doesn't need to be an extermination of Cetus.  Failing to do enough to stem the Infested outbreak could have the consiquence of a quarontine on Cetus, some infected/maimed citizens, and assosiated suffering without removeing the gameplay elements.  

You got it right with that first bit suh/mam. Cetus is only vulnerable because it wasn't precision engineered like the Jungles were to isolate an kill off Infested entities. Poor saps in the forests can barely get a foothold before something eats them.

I do find that an interesting idea. Success could lead to a "quarantine barricade arena" around the "Ze Blob" where we could jump in and earn favor by increaseing waves. If we fail, we could have an "Infested No-Man's Land" that covers a swath of the unoccupied Cetus land.

Ell, perhaps "Ze Blob" will sink deep into the earth and force us to enter the Grineer-occupied caverns those unopened doors might lead to for thorough fumigation operations. 

2 hours ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

The technology simply isn't there and the cost to implement such a system is prohibitive.

Warframe events are scripted events.  

Not all, early on depending on the outcome of the event thats how it went on and how some things are now in WF(however on console it simply went with the way things were on PC no matter the outcome as it would be way too much trouble to have things different from story aspect)

vor 36 Minuten schrieb Dasmir:

we have no control in any event of warframe, we have the illusion we are doing something but in reality its DE.

DE learned that after they gave us a bit too much control in ... err ... Operation Sling-Stone. Which led to the event being over waaaay too early on Saturday afternoon because people ran those missions like crazy. (I remember this, because I was away for the weekend with no internet and had hoped to do a few missions on Sunday for the main reward.)

10 minutes ago, Bibliothekar said:

DE learned that after they gave us a bit too much control in ... err ... Operation Sling-Stone. Which led to the event being over waaaay too early on Saturday afternoon because people ran those missions like crazy. (I remember this, because I was away for the weekend with no internet and had hoped to do a few missions on Sunday for the main reward.)

yes but now its doesnt matter if we do the events or not, we cant skip the whole event and magically will be fulled to 100% or stay stuck at 99%

We've been infected forever now with some weird neck lump with no vaccine, we allowed the spread of an infested warframe and we let the meteor hit the planet and grow instead of intercepting it in space, because "It doesn't seem to be a threat right now"

And we still listen to Natah.

We've already failed, at least at this point in the story, since we've been given no choice to actually defeat the infested even though all we do is defeat them.

If DE plans to infest it, it will be, has been quite a while since an event let us compete for an outcome but it has happened

All we can do is wait this out, grind through it and hope on the otherside is lore, sentients, hunhow, alcolytes, umbra more eidolon or something other than grunt/zombie/annoyance

We can build spaceships but not bug bombs or cleanser wipes, smh. Space Mom? call CPS lol

We don't need new weapons we need Corpus RX inc, to fix this for Profit. Perhaps striking a deal where they get a new planet for the vaccine so we can move on.

Or New Loka and Red Veil to go on a slaying purification quest.

Sorry, 5 frames I hadn't used in forever now waiting to be "cured" so a bit annoyed by all things infested

8 minutes ago, OfPowerOfWant said:

We've been infected forever now with some weird neck lump with no vaccine, we allowed the spread of an infested warframe and we let the meteor hit the planet and grow instead of intercepting it in space, because "It doesn't seem to be a threat right now"

And we still listen to Natah.

We've already failed, at least at this point in the story, since we've been given no choice to actually defeat the infested even though all we do is defeat them.

If DE plans to infest it, it will be, has been quite a while since an event let us compete for an outcome but it has happened

All we can do is wait this out, grind through it and hope on the otherside is lore, sentients, hunhow, alcolytes, umbra more eidolon or something other than grunt/zombie/annoyance

We can build spaceships but not bug bombs or cleanser wipes, smh. Space Mom? call CPS lol

We don't need new weapons we need Corpus RX inc, to fix this for Profit. Perhaps striking a deal where they get a new planet for the vaccine so we can move on.

Or New Loka and Red Veil to go on a slaying purification quest.

Sorry, 5 frames I hadn't used in forever now waiting to be "cured" so a bit annoyed by all things infested

Have you done the Glast Gambit storyline? It unlocks the option to remove the cyst on your neck.

while it'd be interesting to see an Infested section of the Plains, I doubt DE would go as far as to undo the hard work they've put into Cetus by making it infested. the event is probably scripted anyway.

even if it wasn't scripted, there's tons of players who need the Snipetron and Ether Daggers, and everybody will want the Infested Zaw pieces. there'll be more than enough Tenno to save Cetus from the Infestation.

8 minutes ago, Vesper3 said:

Have you done the Glast Gambit storyline? It unlocks the option to remove the cyst on your neck.

Have cured 12 or so frames.

These were frames mostly doubles i hadn't used in a while but wanted to forma for eidolon hunt use.

I served those Myconians up quickly to New Loka and never built nidus but it did no good lol

Just have to wait for the cyst to grow and pop it so I can use them again so I don't spread it.

Edited by OfPowerOfWant