Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unlocking junctions make me wanna quit

(XBOX)Magnesium 360

So I wanna start by saying I love this game and it's a game I don't plan on quitting. Now my issue. The junctions require you to complete certain tasks. These certain tasks aren't explained at all. The last two junctions took lots of googling and watching YouTube videos. I'm trying to unlock Neptune. To do this I must complete natah. To unlock natah it says to scan *name here*. It doesn't say how or with what. Codex scanner, synthesis scanner, or where this name thing is. I'm not asking for help in this post. My point is when I start to unlock a junction I have to spend more time doing research then actually playing the game. Attempting something like this without where it is or what to use would take more time then the endless research. This is something that needs to be fixed. If I didn't love the gameplay so much, the grinding, endless missions, weapons and abilities, I would absolutely quit due to the lack of info and infuriating requirements. If I am missing some mechanic of the game that explains this stuff more then I'm sorry for this rant. But right now the lack of direction is frustrating. When something a task like I mentioned, I spend about 30-60 min to make almost no progress. I end up giving up on it for the night and go back to relic/MOD farming and void fissures. Anyways. If you guys have any constructive thoughts on this please share. I could use some peace of mind. Even if I am doing something wrong and it's just me, please say so but in a polite manner.

(No flaming please. I'm not blasting warframe, and I'm not quitting or raging. Just frustrated with certain aspects and trying to find a way to make it better or to make it through. Thanks)

Occulysts are Uranus enemy that randomly spawns after spending time there until you reach the point where one spawns nearly every mission. Its quite obvious when it does spawn as the room goes blue for a sec. Doesn't matter what you scan it with.

Game does need a bit more clarity at times though I do agree. They are getting better at it with time, but they definitely need to go back and clean up some spots so people do know what to do.

6 minutes ago, Omega-Shadowblade said:

Occulysts are Uranus enemy that randomly spawns after spending time there until you reach the point where one spawns nearly every mission. Its quite obvious when it does spawn as the room goes blue for a sec. Doesn't matter what you scan it with.

Game does need a bit more clarity at times though I do agree. They are getting better at it with time, but they definitely need to go back and clean up some spots so people do know what to do.

Oh thanks man. See, all the game would have to do is put in some lore with the mechanic and it would make sense. For the requirement, after saying what to scan they could say "some say they affect lighting to appear blue but such an occurrence is a rare event". That would help me!

There comes a point in games where the handholding needs to be stopped. Telling you specifically what to do for every step of the game is for guides, not for in-game as that tends to take away from the game for more players. A very simple fix for this would simply be to have the quest start be not reliant on the scan and instead be after being eligible for the quest location, Uranus, and its prerequisite quests. The quest itself would direct you to Uranus where players would run into the Sentients naturally. It could be hidden under "investigate the abnormal signals detected on Uranus" or something to not blatantly tell you "look for the glowing blue guys on the Sealab tilesets."

Here we go.....

DE has improved on the new player experience and junctions were a part of this. However, there are loads of things that are poorly explained if at all. I feel like DE relies on the community and outside sources way to much. I don't think out right hand holding is needed though.

It's certainly a lot better than how it was when I started playing but that's not really saying much. I could go on and on about the new player experience and how lacking it is but I will spare you the rant. 

Edited by nickelshark

To be honest, you gotta get used to that if you want to keep playing. Almost nothing in Warframe is explained in the game itself, especially when it comes to mechanics. Maybe someday that will change, but for now and the forseeable future, you're gonna have to alt+tab over to the wiki pretty often.

3 minutes ago, NeithanDiniem said:

There comes a point in games where the handholding needs to be stopped. Telling you specifically what to do for every step of the game is for guides, not for in-game as that tends to take away from the game for more players. A very simple fix for this would simply be to have the quest start be not reliant on the scan and instead be after being eligible for the quest location, Uranus, and its prerequisite quests. The quest itself would direct you to Uranus where players would run into the Sentients naturally. It could be hidden under "investigate the abnormal signals detected on Uranus" or something to not blatantly tell you "look for the glowing blue guys on the Sealab tilesets."

I would be OK with that. My problem is that it tells you to look for something. And you have no idea what that something is. It's like telling someone to find a bunny, and you've never seen or heard of it. 

1 minute ago, motorfirebox said:

To be honest, you gotta get used to that if you want to keep playing. Almost nothing in Warframe is explained in the game itself, especially when it comes to mechanics. Maybe someday that will change, but for now and the forseeable future, you're gonna have to alt+tab over to the wiki pretty often.

That's true to such point there's even a link to the wiki on the main site of the game lol.

1 minute ago, motorfirebox said:

I'm OK with that when it comes to mods and gear, frames and what not. Just not for quests. I don't want my hand held but I need to be told what to do. Part of this was to get peace of mind and know that I'm not the only one. Thanks guys. I appreciate all the responses :).

Just now, (Xbox One)Magnesium 360 said:

I would be OK with that. My problem is that it tells you to look for something. And you have no idea what that something is. It's like telling someone to find a bunny, and you've never seen or heard of it. 

Thats the point though. The thing you are looking for is obvious when you find it. Its the first time you ever encounter something like it in the entire game (before PoE). The only way to miss it after triggering it is staying in the same room the moment the lights flicker blue. After PoE you at least know about the sentients and thus have a tad bit more understanding on what the game offers, so that boils down to how much one pays attention.

If I had to guess, I think the assumption is that by the time you finish progressing through Uranus and reach the junction node, you'll have run into at least one oculyst. Which is a pretty safe bet, as the spawn rate ramps up quickly. The scanning part is less clear though. I guess by that point you're expected to have a codex scanner handy and be in the habit of scanning things.

I think the quest tab in the codex might direct you to scan an oculyst? I can't recall.

9 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Magnesium 360 said:

And having the description saying to "Scan drones in the Grineer Sealab" tell you that its in Uranus?

Look, it tells you where to go and to scan "drones", what kind of drones? Then in your search you get a blue flashing light and a Blue thing that you've never seen before appears while making a loud, hauting sound, it doesnt seem agressive and its... scanning things, even yourself. The first thing you do? Hit it. Does 0 damage and it escapes. Next time? Scan it to see what the hell is it in your codex. Boom! A Wild Quest has surfaced from the depts of the sea!

Edited by Kaotyke

5 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

And having the description saying to "Scan drones in the Grineer Sealab" tell you that its in Uranus?

Look, it tells you where to go and to scan "drones", what kind of drones? Then in your search you get a blue flashing light and a Blue thing that you've never seen before appears while making a loud, hauting sound, it doesnt seem agressive it seems to be... scanning things, even yourself. The first thing you do? Hit it. Does 0 damage and it escapes. Next time? Scan it to see what the hell is it in your codex. Boom! A Wild Quest has surfaced from the depts of the sea!

Well I'm at the junction now, played through a bit of the missions several times and I have yet to see one. No rooms flickered and no blue light. And at that point I assume I have to go out of my way to find something. Find what. That's my point. Nothing has showed itself to me. I woulda been walking around entire levels with my scanner out the whole time for nothing.

Edited by (XB1)Magnesium 360

4 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Magnesium 360 said:

Well I'm the the junction now, played through a bit of the missions several times and I have yet to see one. No rooms flickered and no blue light. And at that point I assume I have to go out of my way to find something. Find what. That's my point. Nothing has showed itself to me.

They spawn in any mission that is not Defence and Interception. Go kill Tyl a few times to hear his sexy voice, they will appear.

Their chances to spawn raises the more Uranus missions you do.

1 minute ago, xXx_mtv_xXx said:

This is a legit issue because a lot of basic things are not explained in the game properly.

I had to spend hours on the wiki and chat to figure some of this stuff out back when I started.

I feel ya lol. I've done alot of research understanding elements, modding, forma etc. That part didn't bother me. I found it quit fun cause I couldn't wait to make changes to my equipment and be that much better lol. Their is alot to understand with combat/gear and I do like that.