Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trying to make friends in warframe

Shorty

So I recently made a post, having to do with my birthday and etc. Point is I realize I would like a few more friends who love and enjoy warframe as much as I do. Now when I say love and enjoy warframe I literally mean loving it to the point it is almost an addiction. I love the music, the universe it is held within. I may sound like an addict but it's mostly due to my health problems why I seek shelter inside of this game.(If you want to know what my health problems are it's stated in my B-day post)

So here I am, attempting to hold out my hand and smile as I trip over my own two legs and probably make a fool out of myself. ^_^;

I have almost everything in game, I even gift people in region chat prime items or plat depending if I notice their interest in warframe or avidly throwing out questions to inform themselves about the game. I mostly enjoy giving vaulted prime sets of variants of warframes/weapons that new players have set as their "Most used Primary/secondary/warframe/sentinel/ or melee. Watching them flip out "Yo this is vaulted, you sure about this? O_O" xD I love it, I don't mind helping others out or giving out stuff they really want in order to further enjoy this game.

Now don't just try to be my friend for free stuff, I'm not that stupid even though I am mentally ill. Though I have found it easier for people to like me by being kind and generous, I mean hey, if I have the spare time and extra stuff what am I going to do with it anyways?

So to those who need help farming something, vaulted or not, or just having a S#&$ty day and want to talk to someone while giving it a whirl at the droprates. Send me a message, I'm online each day and for large portions of the day.

^_^; 

TLDR; I need friends, don't know how to make them, sometimes I give free stuff out, I own nearly everything in multitudes and I don't mind helping others farm what they need.

Also to kinda put this more into the general discussion mood. How did you come to meet your best friend? Was it online or in real life?

I lost my best friend due to an accident, I didn't have that many friends so I suck at trying to be 'social'. 

join a community. that was i did. im addicted to this game too, been binged playing it for over 3 and a half years, longer if i had of finished school sooner. a large community is a good way to make friends. most of my community are like family. 

your welcome anytime if your looking for people to hang out or a new clan, its an alliance discord

https://discord.gg/YAe78R

Just now, Grimm said:

join a community. that was i did. im addicted to this game too, been binged playing it for over 3 and a half years, longer if i had of finished school sooner. a large community is a good way to make friends. most of my community are like family. 

your welcome anytime if your looking for people to hang out or a new clan, its an alliance discord

https://discord.gg/YAe78R

Thank you, will pay a visit to the discord in a few.

2 minutes ago, --Cephalon-- said:

Thank you, will pay a visit to the discord in a few.

im surprised your moon clan doesnt use it. my clan itself has a must use rule, but players dont have to have mics. 

right now isnt a very active time xD 

also might be very overwhelming to look at as we have a lot of channels for different things. easiest thing to do is see where there is people 

Edited by Grimm

3 minutes ago, Grimm said:

im surprised your moon clan doesnt use it. my clan itself has a must use rule, but players dont have to have mics. 

right now isnt a very active time xD 

also might be very overwhelming to look at as we have a lot of channels for different things. easiest thing to do is see where there is people 

How is Mr Bloo doing? I actually used to be part of Panzerfaust.

Feel free to add me, though admittedly I'm not online too often these days.

Typically when I'm in-game I join up with some other clannies, always people in there looking to do something (odds are good on that when regularly at 1000 people :P ). If you want a large group of people, then I'd highly recommend the clan I'm in (not trying to turn this into an ad, lol).

45 minutes ago, --Cephalon-- said:

So I recently made a post, having to do with my birthday and etc. Point is I realize I would like a few more friends who love and enjoy warframe as much as I do. Now when I say love and enjoy warframe I literally mean loving it to the point it is almost an addiction. I love the music, the universe it is held within. I may sound like an addict but it's mostly due to my health problems why I seek shelter inside of this game.(If you want to know what my health problems are it's stated in my B-day post)

So here I am, attempting to hold out my hand and smile as I trip over my own two legs and probably make a fool out of myself. ^_^;

I have almost everything in game, I even gift people in region chat prime items or plat depending if I notice their interest in warframe or avidly throwing out questions to inform themselves about the game. I mostly enjoy giving vaulted prime sets of variants of warframes/weapons that new players have set as their "Most used Primary/secondary/warframe/sentinel/ or melee. Watching them flip out "Yo this is vaulted, you sure about this? O_O" xD I love it, I don't mind helping others out or giving out stuff they really want in order to further enjoy this game.

Now don't just try to be my friend for free stuff, I'm not that stupid even though I am mentally ill. Though I have found it easier for people to like me by being kind and generous, I mean hey, if I have the spare time and extra stuff what am I going to do with it anyways?

So to those who need help farming something, vaulted or not, or just having a S#&$ty day and want to talk to someone while giving it a whirl at the droprates. Send me a message, I'm online each day and for large portions of the day.

^_^; 

TLDR; I need friends, don't know how to make them, sometimes I give free stuff out, I own nearly everything in multitudes and I don't mind helping others farm what they need.

Also to kinda put this more into the general discussion mood. How did you come to meet your best friend? Was it online or in real life?

I lost my best friend due to an accident, I didn't have that many friends so I suck at trying to be 'social'. 

It's good to see someone just as kind and caring as you are. 

Unfortunately, most players in Warframe, including me, are very casual about things. We don't like getting to "friendly" with anyone in the game tbh. At least that's why I play Warframe, so I don't have to deal with IRL friendship S#&$. For example, I'm in a clan called Elysium Noire and we have a very active community and FB group. However, I don't friend those players in real life via FB, and I merely want to be friends with them in game, not in IRL. If S#&$ were to hit the fan, I don't want to have any consequences. My life is complicated enough. 

Hence why I'm saying that, despite your noble intentions, you might find yourself disappointed. TBH, I wouldn't want someone to randomly gift my prime things or plat just because I'm a good Tenno. There's got to be some connection first, otherwise I'm just going to feel indebted to you. In Warframe, you want to be nice, but not too nice. It's best just to be respectful and polite while steering away from extreme kindness and from the other extreme, trolling (being mean). Just be neutral, in the middle, and avoid players who are naturally toxic.

To be honest, I don't come to Warframe to find friends. All my "real" friends are IRL. I don't believe that you can really make good friends online. You can be chums and even share a mutual connection, but remember that it's all an image. 

Perhaps your challenges you might even transcend the scope of this game. You mentioned losing your friend and suffering from social anxiety. That's only natural, and it's best just to give yourself time to heal instead of trying to be social. Whatever you do, don't hold out your hand and be nice for no reason, because people will try to take advantage of you and turn around and hurt you. That's just the truth. The best way to go about things is to be merely respectful and polite as the community moderators direct us to. 

However, if you're looking for some friends, I would suggest perhaps starting your own clan, or joining an existing clan (if you haven't already) and working your way up in that clan. In that environment, you will have context for being extra nice, esp with newbies. It will give you an avenue to help others as well as experience some social responsibility (albeit in-game), which can in turn aid you in your emotional recovery. 

Last but not least (and this is just my personal opinion): it's best to avoid region chat. Things can get toxic real quick, and the nature of the region chat and the kinds of people who tend to lurk there aren't really the best, IMO. That's why I'm saying to join a clan and spend your social time in the game on actual clan members who will remember you and appreciate you for your contributions to their in-game society. 

I hope that helps!

Edited by UF-1215

1 hour ago, --Cephalon-- said:

^_^; 

Ah, a fellow "how does one make and keep friends?" fellow eh? Hail and well-met. 

Careful with the give-outs sir/mam, better to hand things off to folks you've at least gotten to know a bit or as extras during trades then by just chucking stuff out there. Parasites might find you like chum in a shark tank.

To be honest? I'm not sure if I have a best friend. I have a "most ancient" best friend I was born in the same hospital as and I used to have a few other friends I got really close to each in a different way back in the day before they scattered in search of college or opportunity, but, best?. . . any friend I find is illegible after at least a year in my book, but, no-ones ever received the badge.

Edited by Unus

2 minutes ago, Eidolon_Slayer said:

You don't really need friends in this game.

im here for more than 4 years and all the great stuff happened with friends
all the good moments always with friends
having friends might not be necessary but it adds sooo much

so @--Cephalon--i got all the stuff in the game there is nothing you could gift me besides company
if u want send me an invite and ill accept it as soon as possible
(currently at work and away for the weekend but ill accept it)

46 minutes ago, UF-1215 said:

To be honest, I don't come to Warframe to find friends. All my "real" friends are IRL. I don't believe that you can really make good friends online. You can be chums and even share a mutual connection, but remember that it's all an image. 

I didn't come to Warframe just to make friends either, but you can absolutely make good friends online, especially if that's your main way of socializing due to limited mobility. One of my close friends, I met through another game, Path of Exile (and its community can be far more hostile than WF's).

Feel free to add me to your friends list, I play every day and I play solo since I started last year, no friends playing this game and the only Friend I have irl is a fool and plays mmo's.

I haven't even done ever those 2 raids Warframe has so... I'm quite solo in this too xD.

To be honest, save the stuff you give out because the beauty of this game is to farm for yourself to get them.

I'd just like to say thank you all for the input, just did a few Terralyst hunts with @Grimm and even though I had anxiety and didn't talk much they were still laughing and I enjoyed myself. Today has been a good day but now I must file some paperwork for other stuff. I will be sending friend requests out to people on this thread that would be fine with it, feel free to accept or decline. ^_^

Almost in every game you play you can find friendly peoples but becoming friend is a long process. I personally came to play the game but I am open minded and friendly enough to make friends. Also one of my real life friend came to this game aswell almost the same time when I came. We play both when we are online and often palying with pubs and with friends aswell. That is a good thing if you have friends no matter how strong the friendship because it can be better or wose too. The changes are natural parts of the life but if you enjoy the moment that is a good thing to have.

Feel free to add me I cannot promise I will be so active recently I was busy with my life but I am not against of any friendlyness.

There is a small time warframe twitch streamer by the name of LeamXP. He plays a LOT and he helps a lot of his viewers/new players. You could hang out in his stream or add him ingame. I join him sometimes to help with missions, your type of personality would fit in nicely in that small-but growing group.

Literally all he does is help his viewers to do stuff, they also have a discord channel to hang out and chat in.

He even takes low MRs to teralyst hunts and LOR raid runs. He is MR24 and knows a lot. Nice guy in general.

https://go.twitch.tv/leamxp

Also, add me if you wish. I could do with more active friends.

Edited by KiteoHatto

• 2 months later...