Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Console] Operation: Plague Star!

[DE]Rebecca

This Op is by far the worst grind fest of all Ops I've played. If you solo it you need to play it some 15-20 hours just to open all rewards, and you need another 10 hours to buy those rewards. All previous Ops took roughly 3-5 hours. This is just silly Devs, you should quadruple the standing rewards.

On 10/11/2017 at 8:51 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

instead there are Terracotta, Bronze, Silver, and Gold Trophies to be built and earned as your Clan ascends through and builds new items! The 'Hemocyte Cystolith' is required for building. Equip the Infested Catalyst and slay the Hemocyte to gather these!

Is there a reason to build them in order or should I just go straight for gold?  They don't appear to provide clan affinity and don't require one to be built before the next so what purpose have the lower level trophies other than being consolations if someone doesn't get enough Hemocyte Cystoliths in time?

On 10/11/2017 at 11:15 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Sorry to disappoint but for this event they won't be there. Dark Sectors redesign/smashing is long overdue also but still nothing major to talk about there... we definitely miss days of competitive clans (as long as it wasn't toxic).

Remember all: if you have something constructive to add about what you like about competitive leaderboards for future designs (not this Operation), this is definitely the time and place to do it. We're here reading for that reason.

Just a comment. You can do a same event but set for endless mode and  grow up level on the mobs and Lephantis. It´s a simple change to keep the hardocore players busy for some weeks. To be greatfull maybe Jordas and Juggernalt can come to help all infesteds. Thankyou for the great job keep it up we still loving this game!!!

No clue what is purpose of new mods set. I can possibly understand that's for new frame Khora, but seriously +dmg for companions while enemy is affected by slash? All those mods sets are terribly bad without excuses. I know that someone could comment this by saying "but u can make non crit weapon chance to crit!/ enhance crit

No, it;s not woth to waste 4 slots on primary and two on warframe to get 30% chance to enhance Critical Hits.

Edited by -_Eternity_-

I dont mind the lack of a leaderboard. (My clan never got on them anyway.)

I didnt even mind the standing cost to go up operation rep levels. (Warframe being grindy isnt news.)

I would prefer it if the location of stage 1 varied a bit more frequently. (Since there are several options available,)

It would also be preferable if the mission points were generally in the same part of the map. (I cant see any value in so much travel time, it slows the mission down without adding any challenge or interest.)

I do mind the lack of vomvalysts roaming the plains at night, something that I hope doesnt last for the entire operation.

I am most concerned however with the frequent 'bounty failed' bugs/crashes, perhaps we have just been unlucky but this has happened to my friend and I on a number of occasions. Really takes the fun out of it.

The two most common problems seem to be:

i) failing the bounty after picking up the toxin but before starting the mixing process, (I dont see how it is possible to legitimately fail at this point)

ii) instantly failing the mixing process part way through. (Whilst the health for the mixer console is a bit on the low side, less even than the drone in stage three, the console did seem to be at full health just seconds before getting the bounty failed message.)

Screw leaderboards. Where are my blackboards, whiteboards, glass boards, surfboards, kickboards, skateboards, hoverboards, dartboards, cutting boards, motherboards, soundboards, corporate boards, board exams, board games, or even boarding houses? These people. I shake my head at them for not knowing about all these other boards that are needed in Warframe!

• Like 2

Lol the people dising about no leaderboards. This is an opening event for a new area ingame and gives the chance for solo players to show thier metal against groups. By also having no leaderboards for this event, it allows DE to concentrate more for the next major update coming up and since the Plains is open access to anyone, the boards would be messy to deal with for this type of event anyways.

18 minutes ago, Scorpion90011 said:

Lol the people dising about no leaderboards. This is an opening event for a new area ingame and gives the chance for solo players to show thier metal against groups. By also having no leaderboards for this event, it allows DE to concentrate more for the next major update coming up and since the Plains is open access to anyone, the boards would be messy to deal with for this type of event anyways.

Yeah, and with leaderboards in the mix, you'd give the opportunity for exploiters to find a way to break something. Thus causing disagreements, arguing amongst clanmates and clans, and just general toxic behavior.

Then again, that could happen anywhere and for any reason.
So... yeah. I don't really care that there aren't any leaderboards or not. But I do see the reason some people are displeased that there aren't any, it gives them no reasons to play the "event" other than rewards. To be fair, however, this is really how every event has been.

Edited by AEP8FlyBoy

On 11/11/2017 at 2:15 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Sorry to disappoint but for this event they won't be there. Dark Sectors redesign/smashing is long overdue also but still nothing major to talk about there... we definitely miss days of competitive clans (as long as it wasn't toxic).

Remember all: if you have something constructive to add about what you like about competitive leaderboards for future designs (not this Operation), this is definitely the time and place to do it. We're here reading for that reason.

Don't worry Rebecca, if you have not already noticed, those who claim that an event is bad just because it lacks of leaderboards are only people from Quasars, or others huge "competitive clans" which base their existence on those few occasions to show off. 

Many veterans, as well as me strongly agree that not all the events require leaderboards, in most of the cases they led to extreme toxicity, bug abusing and breaking of the game, expecially when rewards of any sort are linked to them.

It's obvious that people which had made that, the main focus of their clan will be disappointed.

then don't go out at night :3 or take a pet with you :3 i love free roaming infected. gives the infected bio more reasons to destroy it. instead of it just setting there doing nothing. at least now its got a purpose. to spread the infected. also i never had trouble fishing. btw dont fish in the open. go behind something. you cant be attacked if they dont see you >.>

Edited by twilightfallen

Now that many of us have access to fighting the hemocyte...this event is MUCH better imo (i spend more time fighting it solo 4 times back to back than in any other part of the mission...which imo is fun).

Can we PLEASE get the infested zaw parts be reusable BPs...even if you feel the need to increase the rep cost for each to 4k or 5k? (and all zaw parts in general...why they arent is quite ridiculous). Also, thanks for the standing changes...much easier to get to max rank now)

Edited by Kalvorax

Just to add to the most pressing topic in this thread. Leaderboards mostly seem to matter to people affiliated with the clans on those. Mostly. Rewards such as equipment and weapons should never be tied to Clan ranking score in leaderboards, as was the case with Ignis Wraith research (at least that played out fairly well luckily).

Leaderboards for the sake of effort put in and score amount showcase has never been the problem for people. Even though I agree with many here, scores are a nice thing to reflect on, but are kind of a remnants of the past, easily forgotten. The ''silent majority'' won't remember in a day, what clans ''won'' the events/operations, and won't even care during the event/operation, what clans are at the top of the boards. 

And the talk about clan legacies. Most of the ''legacies'' in numbered values are overshadowed by the amount of people receiving the boot from them. There is a reason ''top'' clans recruit hourly, even spamming Trade and Region these days.