Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Riven mods have gone too far

Luc1fer16

just because someone asks for 2000 Plat doesn't mean that's what they'll get. anyone on trading with half a brain will either lowball them or haggle them to get the price down. at this Point Rivens make up most of the Economy, and have cause plat trading to thrive, which is only a good thing for DE as it means more profit from people buying plat to get their ideal Rivens. the only thing that annoys me with Rivens is "god-roll" advertising; half the time this mods are barely good, let alone top tier.

People sell to anyone willing to pay the amount specified.

Assume it takes 5 minutes to earn 1 common primed junk. 5 primed junk on average=12 P. 25 minutes, 12 plat income. 1 primed common junk=2.4 P

AT ABSOLUTE WORST, you get enough plat for a trash stat riven in a little over under two hours. Or you can get 2000 P in 4166.66668 minutes

Assume least 1 uncommon or rare every 5 primed parts due to key shares. 1 uncommon=between 10-20 P, average at 15 for the sake of this example. 1 rare= between 40-100 P, average at 70 for the sake of this example.

With 1 uncommon and 4 commons per 5 relics runs, (2.4*4)+15=24.6 P in 25 minutes.

With 1 uncommon per 5 runs, you can get enough plat for a trash stat riven for any weapon you want in under an hour. Or, you can get 2000 P in 2032.52032 minutes.

With 1 rare, you can afford up to 2 trash stat rivens in under 25 minutes.

It takes 3.5k max Kuva cost to roll any riven. That is roughly 3 kuva floods. You can do that many Kuva floods in about an hour and a half if considering how long it take to spawn them, but without doing any of the regular kuva siphon missions. At this point, I'm getting too lazy to look up the math. I cut corners to begin with. But what that means is if you accomplish each Kuva node you see, you have a chance at attaining your desired Riven roll out of a trash Riven roll once every hour.

I assume that is much cheaper than grinding 2000+ hours on plat.

Alternativey, if you don't want to spend plat, ask for riven trades.

Edited by Revenant0713

Hardly anyone buys them at that price.  There's a reason you see the same player posting over and over for days.  Most of them buy it from someone else at what it shoulda went for but have to ask that much to make a profit.  Most of them sit on it, lower their price or actually find that one player after days of searching lol.

Its not a Riven problem. Some rivens go for 10p some goes for 1000+. Why? becouse ppl are willing or not willing to pay that much.

If you see somoene asking 2000 plat for riven, it doesnt mean the riven cost 2000, its the persons value of the riven. For someone who dont like the weapon its worth less than 100 and for someoen who really like the weapon and stats on the riven its worth alot.

I was once looking for Zaw riven and ppl usualy wanted 500+ plats for it. Then i found guy who sold me one for 100. It all comes to peoples greed.

Rivens are not bad..its the supply / demand and ppl trying to make most profit. (start with crazy price but lower it in time ..until they find someoen willing to pay)

Edited by Mover-NeRo

7 minutes ago, (PS4)thowed said:

Hardly anyone buys them at that price.  There's a reason you see the same player posting over and over for days.  Most of them buy it from someone else at what it shoulda went for but have to ask that much to make a profit.  Most of them sit on it, lower their price or actually find that one player after days of searching lol.

Actually good ones especially for new weapons sell instantly for 2k. Those +2-1 or +3-1 with top good stats and good negative, what you describe is someone selling average 2 stat riven for 2k then obviously nobody will buy it.

Destroying the economy? Lmao. Don't buy them, problem solved. It's tha teasy. The only rivens I personally bought were like 40p and the only one that was really useful was for Lanka with it's +firerate before the buff.

Most of them don't even bring *anything* to the weapon regardless of their stats. How the *** they an destroy something? Some people have 1000-5000 to spend on prime frames on day one or rivens being completely nuts - how does that concern you? It does not.

Edited by -Temp0-

18 minutes ago, -Trey- said:

Actually good ones especially for new weapons sell instantly for 2k. Those +2-1 or +3-1 with top good stats and good negative, what you describe is someone selling average 2 stat riven for 2k then obviously nobody will buy it.

There is a trend in the Warframe economy where for the first week after an item is released, its price and its associated rivens therefore, skyrocket. The prices drop down the week after, to varying degrees based on the popularity of the item in question. The reason for this is because the first people to access new items are the ones with platinum to spend in the first place. Check for example, the ones who send WTB messages for primed frames on day 1 of release.

Take the Opticor. I got a +90% multishot, +112% (IIIRC) crit chance riven, no negative, Unrolled. Not bad, though a -zoom stat would make it better. Even so, not as easy a sell as you think simply because despite the sheer power of the mod and the weapon itself... the Opticor is an older class 4-Disposition weapon. This means not everyone likes using it, so demand is low.

Therefore, your assessment of the economy makes sense, but is only partially true. These outlandish prices only really work right after a weapon is released.

If we look at the prices of vaulted primes, we see the same trend, with the exception of a steady increase in value upon the item's retirement. Upon release, boom. prices are obscenely high. This settles after a few months, and when the next frame is going to be retired, THAT frame's prices start increasing in value again. Once unvaulted, prices peak, and a week later, start to drop. Rinse and repeat.

Edited by Revenant0713

19 minutes ago, Revenant0713 said:

There is a trend in the Warframe economy where for the first week after an item is released, its price and its associated rivens therefore, skyrocket. The prices drop down the week after, to varying degrees based on the popularity of the item in question. The reason for this is because the first people to access new items are the ones with platinum to spend in the first place. Check for example, the ones who send WTB messages for primed frames on day 1 of release.

Take the Opticor. I got a +90% multishot, +112% (IIIRC) crit chance riven, no negative, Unrolled. Not bad, though a -zoom stat would make it better. Even so, not as easy a sell as you think simply because despite the sheer power of the mod and the weapon itself... the Opticor is an older class 4-Disposition weapon. This means not everyone likes using it, so demand is low.

Therefore, your assessment of the economy makes sense, but is only partially true. These outlandish prices only really work right after a weapon is released.

If we look at the prices of vaulted primes, we see the same trend, with the exception of a steady increase in value upon the item's retirement. Upon release, boom. prices are obscenely high. This settles after a few months, and when the next frame is going to be retired, THAT frame's prices start increasing in value again. Once unvaulted, prices peak, and a week later, start to drop. Rinse and repeat.

Your opticor falls into average category, that's why it's not easy to sell. Same opticor with -max ammo -zoom or +recoil would sell way faster and if it also had cd there it would instantly sell for 3k or more. While it's true that new weapons sell better due to obvious supply and demand, what really dictates value are really good stats. Let's take old weapon Strun with dmg ms +recoil, with those stats it would instantly sell for 2k and then that buyer would resell it for 3k and it would still be fast sale.

People don't mind paying for really good rivens because they are very hard to find, regardless if it's new or old weapon.

5 hours ago, elpapitoluizito said:

Seriously is people crazy?this mods are destroying the economy in game now everything is cheaper and eiven mods selling for 2000 pl

WTF,how do you ask 2k pl for a mod?wtf?you can buy all the primes in the game with all that pl,what happens in the brain of the people?

Literally when DE invented this godlike mods they destroyed the whole economy of the trading chat.

No they aren't.  What you are seeing is a classic sales tactic where the seller is using piggy-backing the exorbitant price onto perceived value and looking for a buyer that assumes one reflects the other.

When that tactic fails, you graduate to using the inflated price to "discount" it so buyers perceive a deal.

Sellers who do this are VERY patient, farming Kuva and using the flip to buy low and sell high.

If they score one sale a month, that's 10-12k plat a year.

Don't be salty.

Push them for the price you want to pay and see what happens.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

5 hours ago, ---Quill-Onkko--- said:

and primed chamber costs ~$5000

This. Don't complain about rivens when there's plenty else broken.

As for rivens, I think they're fine. They might be slightly overpriced sometimes, but the buyers of said rivens are usually the whales. The people with a lot to spare. If you don't want to buy a 2k riven, look around and you're bound to find something for much cheaper.

4 hours ago, elpapitoluizito said:

No exactly,im not so hardcore i just play for fun and lore play,but man this mods scalated to damn high

So you play for fun and lore , but you care about riven mods and their price ... sure ... sound more like you wanted and you cant have it , so ... cry in the forum its the clear solution .

2 hours ago, -Trey- said:

People don't mind paying for really good rivens because they are very hard to find, regardless if it's new or old weapon.

That is true. But the price does drop quite a bit after that initial period regardless.

Over the past year Twice now, I've come across 2 Multishot+ Crit chance/damage Zarr Rivens. Back when Zarr was new, selling it for 1.5 was easy. These days, I can grab them for 800.

1. Too expensive ? dont buy it

2. If others sell at that price you can do it too. Keep rolling the riven till it reach goldike stat and you can sell it for 1k plat or more.

3. dont buy plat unless is on 75% discount.

but seriously USD 200 can survive whole family for 2 weeks ? is that even possible ?

4. It need some luck to get godly stats riven.

4 hours ago, -Trey- said:

Your opticor falls into average category, that's why it's not easy to sell. Same opticor with -max ammo -zoom or +recoil would sell way faster and if it also had cd there it would instantly sell for 3k or more. While it's true that new weapons sell better due to obvious supply and demand, what really dictates value are really good stats. Let's take old weapon Strun with dmg ms +recoil, with those stats it would instantly sell for 2k and then that buyer would resell it for 3k and it would still be fast sale.

Perfectly explained. Let me just expand on it a bit. Opticor is a really good example. It is a weapon that is still unmatched at what it does. Best 1 shot weapon in the game. Only thing that comes close to it in my mind is Lanka, but that's a "bow".

As such it's price is steady strong for good rivens even after all this time. People are still willfully buying unrolled ones for 300-400p hoping to get rich or roll their perfect stats.

Another reason why it's hard to sell a mediocre Opticor riven is over saturation of the market. Almost anyone who wants -  can get one with ok-ish stats for 500-1000k or bad one for less then 500.

But when you go into perfect territory starting prices jump to 3, 4k. When you get into max possible values of stats on perfect sum of stats we go over 5k easy.

I am bidding atm for one with cc, cd and near max ms (just 0.1 from max) - ammo max. I know i won't get it since ppl bidding against me have been in trading for far longer (trading is in itself a little WF game for those that farm plat or make collections). I amassed about 10k in 5 or 6 months or riven trading. I know a lot of ppl that are in 50-100k range already.

There really isn't much things you can spend all that plat once you pass a certain point. I have also bought all the things I wanted in game that can be acquired with plat, be it in trade chat, rivens (got all my favorite weapons covered and 10-20 experiment projects) arcanes,skins etc. I never farm anything that can be bought for plat (except resources ofc). 

I literally don't want or need anything atm except one max dps Opticor riven. I already got cc, firerate, electric +recoil for everyday running around.

I wouldn't mind spending 5,6 k on that single Opticor riven, but I know b/c of competition that I won't be able to buy it for that much... 

Perfect Opticor rivens will stay strong in price until another weapon comes out that can match what Opticor does..

This whole response was more towards the original comment then you Trey, but I don't know how to quote both replies at once.

10 hours ago, SilentLogix said:

2,000 plat is easy to get just from selling things you've earned from relics. Also no one is forcing you to buy a riven at 2,000 plat.

How dafuq is 2,000 plat an easy amount to get?! Also not really the point. Useful and cool stuff is around 200-300 plat on the store, how is a marginal riven that makes a weapon either more god like or to the level it should be in the first place worth 10x that amount of plat a healthy situtation!?

Also these “meta” or “godlike” rivens are eclipsing the weapons that actually need rivens. Most of my riven teading convos go like this:

Me: How much for the “*insert an average riven for a unpopular weapon I wanna have a play around with*”

Seller: 200plat!

Me: For a riven that boost crit on an unpopluar status weapon?

Seller: ok maybe 150 *OR* Yeah.

M: 50plat

*At this point they’ve either just started trying to sell this crap riven and they’ll tell me rather unpolitely where to stick my plat or they’ve been trying for awhile and come to realise they’re being silly and exactly how much real world money 200 plat is and how may weapon slots and catalysts you can buy with 200 plat.*

Side note:

This is only for legitly bad or incredibly average rivens which I usally think could be a bit of fun or interesting. i.e negative projectile speed on explosives, incredible speed but neg damage, etc