Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Did we really need another third variant weapon, let alone two?!

Jukantos

I'd like to say that i'm not particularly happy about the Akbolto Prime actually becoming a thing, as it was suspected after the initial Mirage leaks. Sure, my pretty beastly Akbolto Riven is likely to see a price hike, but im a bit disappointed to have yet another prime access deliver "only" another third upgraded variant of a weapon that already has a secondary variation (in fact this is now the second and probably last tenno tech weapon also obtainable from the syndicates to be overshadowed by a prime version, as the other syndicate secondaries are either corpus or grineer tech)

Did we REALLY need a third Akbolto version? We have so many more interesting tennotech secondaries and primaries waiting to be primed, i REALLY hoped for a Panthera Prime or a Tiberon Prime. I would've even taken an Akmagnus prime over yet another travel time hindered bolto giving me carpal tunnel issues (or more precisely causing me to use a hotbutton bind on my razer macro keys to AVOID said carpal tunnel injuries)

Not to mention i have exactly one buddy who likes fist melee weapons. Pretty much everyone i play with likes longer ranged weapons. To think we skipped out on a Guandao Prime in favor of YET ANOTHER third variation weapon (Kogake, Prisma Kogake, Kogake Prime) is a bit disappointing.

Don't get me wrong, this will probably still be the first time i ever buy an actual prime access on launch (because mirage has been one of my favourites for ages and because she does have the nice value bonus of coming with an armor set and a syandana) but i felt the need to express my grievance with the regularity of third-version-releases when we have so many cool tennotech weapons to be primed just being ignored lying around uselessly.

Have a nice day, Tenno!

Yes, we needed a Prime version of the Akbolto because all Tenno weapons will be Primed at some point or another AND they are the oldest of the bunch alongside the Furis family who needed it.

And trust me, I want a Pyranna and Akmagnus Prime. But this Prime Access marks the coming of 2 weapons that have been expected for long.

13 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

Yes, we needed a Prime version of the Akbolto because all Tenno weapons will be Primed at some point or another AND they are the oldest of the bunch alongside the Furis family who needed it.

And trust me, I want a Pyranna and Akmagnus Prime. But this Prime Access marks the coming of 2 weapons that have been expected for long.

I don't think we really "need" a prime version of every weapon.  It would be preferable to get primed weapons that are actually worth using instead of a couple extra pieces of mastery fodder.

I think my grievance is coming from the fact we now have two more mechanically rather uninteresting prime weapons. Im not going to be using the Kogake Prime because their range is just way too short for my liking, when using fist weapons even with primed reach i constantly find myself ending a combo in direct body contact with opponents but having dealt no damage, it's not fun to me.

And the Akbolto is just another semi auto dual wielded secondary, i have the aklex prime, i love the aklex prime, why would i want an akbolto prime with a travel time downside unless it MASSIVELY outstats the aklex? On mesa and mirage i can use the aklex to reliably take down grineer landing ships even in the lvl 60 bounty, i don't think i could do that with a travel time akbolto prime.

We could've had a Panthera Prime or Tiberon Prime or heck i would've taken a Castanas Prime (or maybe an Itzal Prime? ;^) ) over yet another third variant pistol. Pretty much anything else.

And yeah, it seems i got the melee weapon wrong, Prisma Obex is the one baro had, not Kogake. They do however feel so incredibly the same (as do all fist weapons due to their tiny range) i literally couldn't differentiate between them anyway.

We have just 3 akimbo prime weapons and all of them are different from each other.Akstilettos are fast firing pistols,Aklex are like dual deagles and Akbronko are dual hand-shotguns.Akboltos would be between Aklex and Akstilettos.

I actually like that another akimbo pistols are going to be primed soon.

10 minutes ago, LuckyCharm said:

But how are we going to get 2x bolto primes to make it when they aren't even released yet singley? -screeches- we can make them without the single version? What sorcery is this. What happens when the single version comes out if we get the akimbo first?

Literally exactly the same way Akstiletto Prime is built.

It's also not the first time a dual prime has been released without its single counterpart (Dual Kamas Prime).

Anyways more on topic: "need" doesn't really have anything to do with it, it's pretty much a guarantee that tenno weapons will get a prime variant. It's just how it goes.

Edited by rapt0rman

5 minutes ago, rapt0rman said:

Literally exactly the same way Akstiletto Prime is built.

It's also not the first time a dual prime has been released without its single counterpart (Dual Kamas Prime).

Anyways more on topic: "need" doesn't really have anything to do with it, it's pretty much a guarantee that tenno weapons will get a prime variant. It's just how it goes.

But that is because there isnt a single stilletto released, and exactly... now machette fans will be sad their chance at a single prime kama might not happen. 

5 minutes ago, LuckyCharm said:

But that is because there isnt a single stilletto released, and exactly... now machette fans will be sad their chance at a single prime kama might not happen. 

Seems to me like there's just as little chance as there ever was.