The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A "Report Player" Option was Added

Voltage

13 hours ago, PhotriusPyrelus said:

Funny thing about systems like this: they're designed to reduce "toxicity", but all too often actually increase it.  Welp.  It was nice being social while it lasted, guess I'm going to say nothing to anyone ever again so they can't report me for anything.

How DARE you not reply to me! *Reported for unsporting behavior* REEEEEEEEEEE

2 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Yeah, this is gonna go well.

You are harassing my eyes with your fashion frame and you harass my gaming experience by having over 50% of the team kills.
REPORTED!

PS: While I am saying this half jokingly as long as DE uses bots for such kind of reports the system will be abused.

14 hours ago, --Q--Voltage said:

You can now report players from chat:

Can we get a selection for Leeching too? Pretty please?

Too bad there's no options for leeching, griefing, inactivity, etc.  I don't care what people say in chat, I care more about how they affect gameplay.

I hate Destiny with a passion nowadays, but that's something they had right.  If some leech was sitting in your squad doing nothing, you could report him and 60 seconds later he'd be booted.

Edited by (PS4)lagrue

16 hours ago, PhotriusPyrelus said:

Funny thing about systems like this: they're designed to reduce "toxicity", but all too often actually increase it.  Welp.  It was nice being social while it lasted, guess I'm going to say nothing to anyone ever again so they can't report me for anything.

That's a little overdramatic reaction, don't you think? :awkward:

We will soon have regular post on these boards about how someone get banned because someone "troll" reported them.

The thing is all of these ones are easily provable based on chat, checking an IGN or potentially recordings. Leaching is not so easy unless going into a recording of the game or the AFK systems picks up on said player.

Anyone want to test the ability of this report system to pickup on fake reports by reporting DE Steve?

On 12/8/2017 at 12:13 PM, --Q--Voltage said:

You can now report players from chat:

unknown.png

giphy.gif

Can we get a selection for Leeching too? Pretty please?

This is quite nice but could be abused. As for leeching, no. It's not against any rules. Just some people don't like it. 

Why should it matter to you what other players do in a mission and why should whatever they do be against the rules. They can play how they want 

On 12/7/2017 at 6:23 PM, Mr.SpookSpook said:

Same system is in World of Tanks. It rarely gets toxic players/leechers banned, but toxic scrub got top players banned as they were reporting them often out of envy and a feeling of inferiority, or just because they did not follow their non-existent dumb plan for the battle, which would have surely lead to a lose. There seem to be more abuse than use of the system.

That the game I was mainly thinking of, and what did happen more than people would tend to believe.

On 12/8/2017 at 9:01 PM, Arniox said:

This is quite nice but could be abused. As for leeching, no. It's not against any rules. Just some people don't like it. 

Why should it matter to you what other players do in a mission and why should whatever they do be against the rules. They can play how they want 

That sounds a little like the "I'm not touching you! I'm not touching you!" thing kids do while holding their finger an inch from their sibling's face. Yeah, it might not technically be against any rules (I can't actually confirm that claim, for sure), but it's still obnoxious, and it can affect the outcome of the mission, even to the point of mission failure, depending on the level and squad makeup.

They forgot two buttons. One should be "I don't like him/her." and the other should be "He/She called me a noob!". Because we all know that will be the real reason for a majority of the reports. And while we are here lets talk about profanity. DE needs to take a stance because they allow it in some chat and not in others and then they kick people for using it. If you don't want profanity in your game then censor it completely. Better yet, put a profanity filter option on and allow people to censor themselves if they like. That way no one can complain about it because you can enable the option if you don't want to see it. That would make DE's hands clean of the whole problem. This works in World in Warcraft. And, I don't want to be reported by some child because I was joking around with my clan or friends in chat. Are we in grade school here? After all I do have freedom of speech don't I? And, what else are you going to deem offensive in the future? Maybe I'll just stay on Teamspeak so I can say what the "duck" I want..

On 12/9/2017 at 4:01 AM, Arniox said:

If something is not against the rules that still doesn't mean it is a decent behavior. Taking advantage of others is not ok and this kind of behavior should not be supported. Also everybody would like to do nothing and still get a reward, meaning you could have more than one player leaching in a team.

The best comparison is if at work all other workers lay back and let one man do everything but at the end of the day they all get paid the same amount. 

With the release of PoE the leaching becomes even more annoying and insulting to others as people aren't only taking advantage of you for completing the objective (bounties) but they are half a map away fishing or mining. That is so low.

Edited by PakkiTheDog

AFK shouldn't need reporting

If a player in the session is set to AFK in the starting area. they are simply booted after no input for 60 seconds.

If they leave the starting area, they get ~3 minutes of AFK, after that they get a hack puzzle, the simplest one. if not completed, they extract. Only activates on Public mode.

Could even make the hack interactable by the squad (like on a bursa) so they can reset the timer if they choose to, like if the AFKer communicated the fact they had to step away for door bell.

4 hours ago, TBH_Urzo said:

And, I don't want to be reported by some child because I was joking around with my clan or friends in chat. Are we in grade school here?

Joking around how?  If you're saying offensive things, then it's not grade school for someone to do something about it.  If you can't act mature on chat, then it's your problem, not theirs.

4 hours ago, TBH_Urzo said:

After all I do have freedom of speech don't I?

You do - perhaps you should learn more about it?  Let me clue you in.  No one is obligated to provide you a platform for your speech.  If you clan leaders decide to kick/ban you from clan chat (DE doesn't police those), your free speech has not been restricted.  If you take your clan chat to public chat and get banned for violating the rules, you still have not had your free speech rights violated.

Edited by (XB1)R3d P01nt
Typo

4 hours ago, PakkiTheDog said:

(bounties) but they are half a map away fishing or mining. That is so low.

I don't know why this bothers you or anyone so much. MEH. MEH to the WHOLE LOT.

Who fu$king cares? Just do the objective on your own then. It's not that hard. I don't understand why so many people take note of where all their teammates are. For me, I don't give two sh!ts. They can do whatever they want. I play like I'm in solo: music, food and chill with 0 care about whatever my team mates are doing.

A system like this is only good for any game if it is fair and punish the right people. 

In order to do that, you must have a way to verify with proofs who s right in all ocasions.

DE response time is on average 2 weeks for a support ticket depending on the load. 

I rly can see how it would be a great idea to overflown a system that is already slow with hundreds of reports and have no structure to follow that closely.

1 hour ago, Arniox said:

I don't know why this bothers you or anyone so much. MEH. MEH to the WHOLE LOT.

Who fu$king cares? Just do the objective on your own then. It's not that hard. I don't understand why so many people take note of where all their teammates are. For me, I don't give two sh!ts. They can do whatever they want. I play like I'm in solo: music, food and chill with 0 care about whatever my team mates are doing.

5 hours ago, PakkiTheDog said:

The best comparison is if at work all other workers lay back and let one man do everything but at the end of the day they all get paid the same amount. 

Like i said, some people don't like being used and also everybody has to carry his wight in a mission. You kinda feel like an idiot, running from objective to objective, while someone gets the same things as you for 0 work. Also if people see that it pays off to leach more people will do it. Each person makes the mission easier if he contributes (if nothing else gets some fire of you), you can relay on your team m8 if you get downed to revive/protect the objective.

Or the worst place to leach, in XP farms. When everybody comes in with lvl 0 weapons. If you are the only one doing dmg it takes for ever to finish a mission and it gets annoying fast.

To the lechers: pull your own weight and don't be selfish!

Edited by PakkiTheDog