Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Make Khorra "CALL VENARI" Skill Toggleable.

Blood_Poppy

17 minutes ago, Blood_Poppy said:

I really Excited with Khora Ventari Kavat Summon, but when I hear it Duration Based Skill, it really Big Turn Off. 

I just hope they change the mechanic and make it toggleable skill like Equinox Pacify & Provoke Aura. 

5 minutes ago, lukinu_u said:

The fact it's duration based also means you can regen energy while using the power, so I guess it's good.

Agreed toggle abilities mostly deactivates energy regen.

Also tapping 3 again makes Venari target enemy .

So how will it work with toggle ? Will it be hold to target ? It will add nothing but complexity. Imagine accidently toggling it off in middle of fight while trying to target enemies for Venari. We will eventually build her for duration ( Ensnare , Venari and Exalted Whip cuz of reducing drain ) and Venari will have 30 sec base duration. Duration is fine , no need for toggle.

1 hour ago, Blood_Poppy said:

I really Excited with Khora Ventari Kavat Summon, but when I hear it Duration Based Skill, it really Big Turn Off. 

I'm terribly sorry to report, my young Tenno, that you're approaching this from the wrong side. Toggle skills are genuinely worse for game play than duration.

Here's some maths, if the ability is a toggle cast then activating it for 30 seconds means will, at max efficiency, cost you 30 energy. Correct? Maximum efficiency on a toggle drain ability is 1/second.

During that time you will only lose energy unless you have Rage equipped to gain energy from damage to health and if you pick up energy orbs.

If the ability is a Duration, then max efficiency for 30 seconds costs you 18.75 (or 19) energy and you can regen energy from Zenurik, Trinity, Harrow and Energy pads, you have no constant drain so you can gain the energy back again. Even 1 energy orb will top you back up and allow you to cast it again, or 4 seconds of Zenurik.

Then if you actually mod for things like Duration, meaning your Efficiency is better off at 170% rather than 175% (rank 3 Fleeting and full rank Streamline, means you only lose 40% Duration, which you can compensate for better than -60% duration for a max-rank Fleeting), your duration cast can last up to 48 Seconds for 22.5 energy. Whereas your Toggle Drain ability would still cost you 1 energy per second, for 48 energy, all while you're not able to regen energy from other functions.

Heck, even just a Streamline instead, so you don't lose out on Duration, means you get 56 Seconds of cast for 52.5 energy, which is still cheaper.

Duration based skills are superior to Drain skills for things that don't scale up over time. You're confusing the issue for the power of skills like Mesa's and Banshee's, which are Drain abilities because they'd be too powerful as Duration casts since they get more powerful as they last longer.

I wouldn't make it a toggle with a drain personally, it tends to penalize frames a lot more than a time based power ever could. But, if I were to change the way it works, I'd just make it a plain old summon. Press 3 to summon the Metal Cat, it stays in play until it goes down or you send it away by holding the key down. The thing is killable already, we saw enemies actively target it, and we all know how companion AI tends to be brain dead, suicidal even, more often than not. So I'd make it a 75 or maybe even a 100 energy cost "fire and forget" ability, with no drain, no duration. Just an actual pet tied to an ability, that you directly command.

Or we can leave it the way it is now and wait to see how it fares once released, and if Khora's other abilities suffer too much from having to build duration to make the Metal Cat worth the trouble to begin with. If it's even worth using in the first place, no matter duration.

vor 1 Minute schrieb Blood_Poppy:

My energy still regen when using Pacify n Provoke Aura, I think you guys want to refer to Mend & Maim..?

Pacify and Provoke work different. They are not constantly draining energy but use energy for every enemy affectedd by it.

2 hours ago, Blood_Poppy said:

My energy still regen when using Pacify n Provoke Aura, I think you guys want to refer to Mend & Maim..?

There are two abilities that are technically 'drain' abilities, but don't interrupt energy regen, and that's Pacify/Provoke and Desecrate. This is because they trigger off the number of enemies/bodies you're affecting in turn and cost based on each.

The problem you'll encounter is that Venari is going to be like every other drain ability, because there's nothing to 'count' as it were, it's literally time.

Id rather her passive is just that she gets a second permanent kitty, then her 3 lets her control the kitty.

Hold down 3 to make it stay and guard an area, press 3 to make it attack a specific enemy like it dose in the devstream build. something like that. make it cost 50 energy and give the attack command a big damage bonus.

• 2 months later...