Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Ghouls] RNG lore is NOT acceptable!

JesterTheNight

Weapons: They aren't even rare, neither uncomon, they are common, they drop from Alpha ghouls and bounty rewards quite often.

Stance: All ghouls have a chance to drop the stance, I got mine in the first run, its not that rare, and you can also go on the plains and search for burial grounds to farm it.

Event Longetivity: They said it will show up every so often once the ghouls are done incubating, its not a very rare event such as the Acolytes wich are activated by the Devs.

Journals: I agree only with this, it is very difficult to aquire these codex entries, the fact they are randomly given in the codex isn't an issue, the issue is getting even one. In 12 runs I only got 1 and a lot of weapon bps.

11 hours ago, KingOfPredators said:

This smells like EA. Before shutting down studios, this is 1st thing that happens when EA bu... khm, did EA silently bought DE by any chance?!

EA's recent scandals has literally no relevance here... like... at all.

Did you just bring up EA because they're a hot topic right now?

2 часа назад, MiriaChan сказал:

They need to add more % of drop for Journals. Maybe change it to common?? and not uncommon :sad:

At least add that you can purchase with ostron standing or maybe a drop from ghouls too. (maybe all this?? :satisfied:)

This ^

i'm on 41 run and got only 7 codex entries. What a waste of time.

2 hours ago, StinkyPygmy said:

EA's recent scandals has literally no relevance here... like... at all.

Did you just bring up EA because they're a hot topic right now?

And EA today is not same EA from 10 years ago but what they want now and what they wanted 10 years ago did not changed.

Do you remember getting 2 amber stars for completing last bounty?! Because I do. Improvements were made, but their decisions tells us what they really want.

You cant even get lore on 1st objective because only common rewards can drop on 1st objective. Rgiht now this is just a grind, but what happens when they add more hard locked content and people with more money than time wants to get those?! Well, I guess that we know answer to this question...

Hey All,

Just chiming in here to shed a little more light on the Ghouls + Lore situation. As @DustyFlash has pointed out in their post above, the Ghouls will be a recurring occurrence on the Plains, they are not treated like other 1-time events. That means that there is no need to discover all of the fragments this time around, they will be back every couple weeks or so! 

Happy hunting!

5 minutes ago, [DE]Aidan said:

That means that there is no need to discover all of the fragments this time around, they will be back every couple weeks or so! 

When the lore is the only thing in the drop table useful to players who farmed Plague Star into oblivion, I think it becomes easy to see how aggravating this is. Sure there's no rush, but I just want to be done with these things so I can get back to farming things that will actually be useful.

The Cephalon fragments and even the Thousand Year Old glass fish and Kuria did lore right, no RNG, just find them on your own or look up the locations.

1 minute ago, Mewvg2 said:

When the lore is the only thing in the drop table useful to players who farmed Plague Star into oblivion

Are you forgetting the new weapons?

4 minutes ago, Mewvg2 said:

Sure there's no rush, but I just want to be done with these things so I can get back to farming things that will actually be useful.

That's the weirdest complaint I've read yet. You don't care about them but you have to get them immediately? And you can't farm anything else before you've completed this? Are you suffering from severe OCD or what's going on?

14 minutes ago, [DE]Aidan said:

Hey All,

Just chiming in here to shed a little more light on the Ghouls + Lore situation. As @DustyFlash has pointed out in their post above, the Ghouls will be a recurring occurrence on the Plains, they are not treated like other 1-time events. That means that there is no need to discover all of the fragments this time around, they will be back every couple weeks or so! 

Happy hunting!

This is no excuse to have LORE being so grindy, it makes absolutely zero sense, it shouldn't be the reason to farm an event. Come up with new rewards or just change the drop rates of weapons with the journal fragments. Absolutely baffling.

Just now, SilentCircle said:

If you've farmed it into oblivion then you already have the new weapons, lots and lots of weapons bps (and maybe a couple of journal fragments).

2 minutes ago, SilentCircle said:

You mean the first reward I got from both bounties? Annoying that they're stuck in bounties and will likely have their drop chance nerfed, but for now it's not an uncommon drop.

Remember when grineer weapons went in the Chem Lab in your Dojo? Those were the days. But that's another conversation and another thread, funnily enough.

On 22/12/2017 at 5:50 PM, [DE]Aidan said:

Hey All,

Happy hunting!

I think you might be missing the point we're trying to raise here...

Many of us have ZERO reason to do the bounties after just 2 runs other than the lore and the codex scans because we've got EVERYTHING else from the drop table.  I literally got the weapons and the stance mod in 2 runs... so the only things I have left is rng grind for lore and remaining codex scans.

I'd already got so many sets of the hunter mods from operation plague star I can basically kit out my entire clan with a set each, so nothing of interest there and many of us don't need relics, I don't even think they're for the latest prime items iirc.  

The weapon bps drop so frequently that if you haven't got them within 2 or 3 runs you're doing something wrong and I've had no end of the new stance drop. 

Now I don't want to have to do something for the CHANCE to get lore standing and I don't particularly feel like doing 20+ runs just to finish up my codex on 2 enemies that MIGHT drop during the missions.  If you insist on putting the lore behind these bounties then it needs to be a guaranteed drop after completing it not something with a chance to drop as a reward. 

Edited by LSG501
poor english

i must agree that i'm not really hapy aobut RNG based lore... seriosuly this games lore is a mess and we need more of it to make it clearel so access should be direct not random... ehh but tbh i doubt DE give aS#&$ aobut players opinion anymore...thye pullign this game down so bad by staying stubborn with their decision even if they are simply bad for game...

5 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

I think you might be missing the point we're trying to raise here...

Many of us have ZERO reason to do the bounties after just 2 runs other than the lore and the codex scans because we got EVERYTHING else from the drop table.  I literally got the weapons and the stance mod in 2 runs... so the only things I have left is rng grind for lore and remaining codex scans.

I'd already got so many sets of the hunter mods from operation plague star I can basically kit out my entire clan with a set each, so nothing of interest there and many of us don't need relics, I don't even think they're for the latest prime items iirc.  

The weapon bps drop so frequently that if you haven't got them within 2 or 3 runs you're doing something wrong and I've had no end of the new stance drop. 

Now I don't want to have to do something for the CHANCE to get lore standing and I don't particularly feel like doing 20+ runs just to finish up my codex on 2 enemies that MIGHT drop during the missions.  If you insist on putting the lore behind these bounties then it needs to be a guaranteed drop after completing it not something with a chance to drop as a reward. 

Would you have rather done one bounty, received everything, and never touched Cetus or that content again? That sounds like a S#&$ty design concept in terms of player retention.

2 minutes ago, A-Midnight-Shanking said:

Would you have rather done one bounty, received everything, and never touched Cetus or that content again? That sounds like a S#&$ty design concept in terms of player retention.

no.... but there seems to be around 50 or so lore fragments from this event and they're not a guaranteed reward when doing the bounty.  Even if EVERY run gave one fragment thats still 50 runs. 

Just now, LSG501 said:

no.... but there seems to be around 50 or so lore fragments from this event and they're not a guaranteed reward when doing the bounty.  Even if EVERY run gave one fragment thats still 50 runs. 

agree on that grinding is one tihng but grinding for random stuff is just too much... same goes for Relics....

2 minutes ago, A-Midnight-Shanking said:

For players that did Plague Star, yes. The Lore is pretty much the only thing in the drop table for us, otherwise it's an unrewarding slog. The entire point of new content is to make it fun, ain't it? Getting a pile of garbage and a couple of what you want after a few dozen runs isn't in any way rewarding.

The rest of the drop table is pretty much only for the folks that didn't do that event. Which is cool for those folks, they have a reason to keep doing it. There's your player retention.

45 minutes ago, [DE]Aidan said:

Hey All,

Happy hunting!

You have to get the random drop 52 times. Based on other bounty tables, it looks like you have about a 10% chance to get them three times each run (this would be easier if you guys would update your drop tables when new stuff is added). With that estimate you have to go through an average of 520 drop opportunities to get the amount you need. At a completion rate of about one mission every fifteen minutes (conservatively) and three drop opportunities per mission, that is 43 hours of grinding the same two missions for lore fragments.

The missions drop nothing else that merits this. The weapon blueprints drop both from the bounty and the ghouls, which means that they pile up quickly. The relics don't rotate which means that you end up with a giant pile of one relic. 100 endo is absolute garbage and 300 endo isn't much better. It is nice to give new players a chance at Hunter mods, but anybody that played Plague Star just a few weeks ago got them super easily then. It doesn't matter if they are back in a few weeks, they will have just as little to offer then as they do now.

Maybe I'm wrong on the chances. If it is a 20% chance it would only be 21.5 hours. Even then that is a ridiculous amount of time to have to farm a single repetitive mission. Frankly, this is stupid and a massive step backwards.

Edited by egregiousRac

34 minutes ago, [DE]Aidan said:

Hey All,

Happy hunting!

Getting all now isn't the issue, the overall time to get them is the issue. Plus the fact that you have to re-run the same bounties way too many times and the drop tables not giving anything worth noting besides the journal fragments (unless you need to score a rare), there's just too many rewards that are useful beyond selling or scrapping, the weapon BP sounds nice initially until you are bombarded with them, it's possible to get 5 weapon BP in the same run (4 BP from stage + 1 BP from Alpha Ghoul) and it's even worse when the Alpha Ghoul seems to have a guaranteed drop which many times it's 1 of the 2 weapons.

The fragments being uncommon doesn't help either, it only makes it so you get more and more things you don't need until you finally get a fragment. IMO fragment should be more common than it is right now if not actually common, and perhaps add Cetus Wisp to the table because that will be more useful to get multiple times than anything else in those bounties (not saying that the mods aren't useful, but you only need 1 of each, Cetus you need hundreds upon hundreds of them). I'd also consider removing the weapon BP from either the bounty rewards or the alpha ghoul rewards as they overlap each other and getting more than 1 weapon BP is useless for 99.99999% of the players.

There wouldn't be any problem with fragments being common because you still have to run it a ton to get them and they are the only item in the list besides the relic that you, usually, want to get more of (you can sell the mods but it's not a need to get more than 1).

Ghoul bounty has the same issues as all other bounties, the items that players need to get multiples of are rarer than anything else, lens are an example of that, any player that doesn't want to open their wallet (or use alternate farms because bounties should be a viable option) will be re-running bounties and getting garbage until they can craft greater (shop is an option, and therefore crafting should also be viable, that forma needs to go though), Eidolon lens is even worse with their 7% drop chance (lowest chance tied with Kuva, however Kuva drops in more stages than the lens).

2 minutes ago, God_is_a_Cat_Girl said:

Getting all now isn't the issue, the overall time to get them is the issue. Plus the fact that you have to re-run the same bounties way too many times and the drop tables not giving anything worth noting besides the journal fragments (unless you need to score a rare), there's just too many rewards that are useful beyond selling or scrapping, the weapon BP sounds nice initially until you are bombarded with them, it's possible to get 5 weapon BP in the same run (4 BP from stage + 1 BP from Alpha Ghoul) and it's even worse when the Alpha Ghoul seems to have a guaranteed drop which many times it's 1 of the 2 weapons.

The fragments being uncommon doesn't help either, it only makes it so you get more and more things you don't need until you finally get a fragment. IMO fragment should be more common than it is right now if not actually common, and perhaps add Cetus Wisp to the table because that will be more useful to get multiple times than anything else in those bounties (not saying that the mods aren't useful, but you only need 1 of each, Cetus you need hundreds upon hundreds of them). I'd also consider removing the weapon BP from either the bounty rewards or the alpha ghoul rewards as they overlap each other and getting more than 1 weapon BP is useless for 99.99999% of the players.

There wouldn't be any problem with fragments being common because you still have to run it a ton to get them and they are the only item in the list besides the relic that you, usually, want to get more of (you can sell the mods but it's not a need to get more than 1).

Ghoul bounty has the same issues as all other bounties, the items that players need to get multiples of are rarer than anything else, lens are an example of that, any player that doesn't want to open their wallet (or use alternate farms because bounties should be a viable option) will be re-running bounties and getting garbage until they can craft greater (shop is an option, and therefore crafting should also be viable, that forma needs to go though), Eidolon lens is even worse with their 7% drop chance (lowest chance tied with Kuva, however Kuva drops in more stages than the lens).

Yeah but seems like DE haven't learned yet that playerd don't want the gamplay based on mindelss grind...

53 minutes ago, [DE]Aidan said:

Hey All,

Happy hunting!

Even with it being a recurring event, it's still going to take a heck of a long time getting them all, considering the RNG of even getting one. Aren't there better ways of implementing this, you know, like with other fragments. Maybe have them appear on the plains/in caves while the event is going on, I can't think of any way you could possibly make it more RNG bullS#&$ to get them.

44 minutes ago, Mewvg2 said:

For players that did Plague Star, yes. The Lore is pretty much the only thing in the drop table for us, otherwise it's an unrewarding slog. The entire point of new content is to make it fun, ain't it? Getting a pile of garbage and a couple of what you want after a few dozen runs isn't in any way rewarding.

The rest of the drop table is pretty much only for the folks that didn't do that event. Which is cool for those folks, they have a reason to keep doing it. There's your player retention.

Player retention for players who missed out on the event. But then how do you retain players that were there for the previous event?

Edit: If the above comment about how drop rates are handled is correct, in that regard I think that it needs to be changed. (To every drop of a Journal is Unique)

Edited by A-Midnight-Shanking

1 minute ago, A-Midnight-Shanking said:

Player retention for players who missed out on the event. But then how do you retain players that were there for the previous event?

Perhaps make a majority of the rewards of the second bounty relevant to us? Obviously RNG lore ain't the right pick for that.

10 minutes ago, Mewvg2 said:

Perhaps make a majority of the rewards of the second bounty relevant to us? Obviously RNG lore ain't the right pick for that.

well for me only reason for keep doign these missions is fact that ghoul alphas and target for capture  need 20 scans nad they appear only once per mission yet still not sure if even this is enought to keep me playign that long on this event...

Edited by AVSManfred