Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Maiming Strike Feedback

Yperkeimenos

Just now, Yperkeimenos said:

Well since i created this post,i can say for sure that I've used it and have it. That however won't change the fact i find it to be unbalanced.

Guess you are new to the game or at least don't know much about melee weapons then. 

5 minutes ago, toafarmer said:

Guess you are new to the game or at least don't know much about melee weapons then. 

My account is 4 years old and I've been here long enough to remember when warframe abilities were slotted mods themselves . I left for a year or so and now i came back and i assure you i know melee weapons. My feedback on Maiming strike is this................fix it.

11 hours ago, Forsaken. said:

It's not that, i play this game for 3 years and still haven't one. After nerf to mag, kamehame mirage, removing draco, and the new system on prime stuff that makes each item cost ~10 plat there is no ultimate power in this game besides this mod, it's the only cheat we have left. Rivens are kinda decent and probably u can roll some power creap for some weapons. But this makes any weapon a beast. So in a nutshell it's something useful, not like the hunter mod that randomly adds slash to everything. I'm just thinking why you people like balanced game, after all these years that the game went to some drastic changes this is only that we have left. Like before t4 keys had value and endless missions also, but now nothing has any ultimate goal, propose it just sucks playing this game atm. And about the acolyte event i'm hunting violence for 12 hours straight without any pause and it won't drop. There is your balance in this game, enjoy.

Omg me too! Isnt it great! I love the grind so much! Makes me keep coming back. This is effectively the only game i play. I hope net neutrality being eradicated doesn't screw that up. Mauming is great but if it ceased to exist... I wouldn't be too upset. Its awsome fun, but literally not needed for endgame. As long as we keep bloodrush, body counr, drifting contact, weeping wounds and maybe condition overload... Wer good. Dont need condition overload to be end game viable, but again... Its quite fun.

11 hours ago, LSG501 said:

There's nothing wrong with maiming strike. 

Enough with the nerfs, at the rate these calls for nerfs are going we'll be fighting with sticks and stones.

In a PvE game, people calling for nerfs is strange. I 'get' why things like Gara's 4 were nerfed, but if everything gets nerfed the game becomes boring.

Is maiming strike strong, yes - especially on certain weapons, is it 'broken'? No.

If you want to remove things that hinder 'fun' gameplay, then Ember, Saryn, Equinox, Limbo, Eidolon hunter Chroma, Mesa, Galatine Prime, Nikana Prime, Tigris Prime, Soma Prime, Lex Prime, Akstiletto Prime, Dread, Rakta Cernos, Zenurik, etc should all be nerfed too for altering the way people play the 'core' game.

Memeing Strike isn't overpowered or broken. Who is using Maiming Strike on every melee weapon? Nearly no one if you want to maximize damage / CC potential of all weapons. It's really strong for whips and pole-arms, but piss poor for daggers. It's not that great for Nikanas either since a lot of their stance combos are strong for proc'ing statuses in combination with say Nikana Prime's crit-chance. And the great-swords too, their stance-combos are better to run through than to slide around with Memeing Strike.

tl;dr not broken because it's only good on certain weapons

Edited by ViolettaFoxx

I can already see the sea of salt ,when they do actually balance it and the countless WTS in trade channel.Lets be honest,the real reason people don't want it changed is either because they've hoarded dozens of Maiming Strikes that will loose in value or because they paid an absurd amount of plat to get it and don't want to see their investment go down. I'm not saying that there aren't those players who actually consider it to be balanced or at least not overpowered, but come on, really? As if people who have spent thousands of plat, during the events, buying this mod in bulk, don't have an incentive to see it stay the same.

Edited by Yperkeimenos
various corrections

20 hours ago, Yperkeimenos said:

-Snip-

That last bit there is exactly why DE needs to be very careful and why I don't think they have changed it over the years, instead opting to keep it in circulation and quasi stable by bringing the event back. 

Because it isn't the people who hoarded it that they need to be concerned about making "salty" it's all the people who spent a metric boatload of plat to get it. The last thing you want to do as a F2P game is tick off the people who have demonstrated they are willing to give you money. 

Maiming Strike really doesn't need to be changed.  Most arguments against it seem to boil down to frustration at its interaction with certain weapons (which is valid), and whinging over other players getting more kills than they do (nobody cares about these people except themselves).  DE fixing the interaction with say, Whips, by adjusting how range is calculated, would make a lot more sense than nerfing Maiming Strike.  With mods like Condition Overload, Drifting Contact and Weeping Wounds, even removing Maiming Strike entirely wouldn't prevent whips like Atterax or the now-popular Scoliac from reaching absolutely colossal damage in a very short period of time (damage that, I might add, drastically exceeds what Maiming Strike does on its own).  And don't get me wrong - I'm not against high damage at all (I spam antimatter drops).  Your Atterax or whatever should be able to do just as much damage to a target as before.  But, a single swing of the whip shouldn't be clearing a whole room.  The range is broken.

12 hours ago, Yperkeimenos said:

I can already see the sea of salt ,when they do actually balance it and the countless WTS in trade channel.Lets be honest,the real reason people don't want it changed is either because they've hoarded dozens of Maiming Strikes that will loose in value or because they paid an absurd amount of plat to get it and don't want to see their investment go down. I'm not saying that there aren't those players who actually consider it to be balanced or at least not overpowered, but come on, really? As if people who have spent thousands of plat, during the events, buying this mod in bulk, don't have an incentive to see it stay the same.

If you get what you want, I can already see you whining when you actually reach endgame content and high MR and opportunities for big plat aren't there anymore.  Whining that old high MR/endgame players had more/better opportunities than you did.  So stop advocating against your own interests.

12 hours ago, Yperkeimenos said:

You again fail to see that Maiming is not a balance issue of its own accord, despite having had it explained out a few times.  Then you turn around and assume that everyone who disagrees only does so for selfish platinum based reasons, which is totally nonsensical.

Again, when was the last time you've seen anyone abusing Maiming Strike on Venka Prime, Ohma, Dark Split Sword, or a myriad of other (the majority of) melee weaponry?  You don't, you see it being abused on weapons that obtain brokenly high range via Range mods.  While the desire for proper balance is a good thing, it's a misguidedly bad thing when you nerf the wrong thing in trying to obtain that balance.

Your thread is essentially making the same mistake that DE made in their Damage 2.5 ideas posted a while back.  In the attempt to fix what is clearly problematic, you've fully missed the fundamental flaw that's causing the imbalance and therefore are trying to fix the wrong thing with a failed idea.  The true flaw is how Range mods work on melee, and as I've said before they could actually learn something from Maiming Strike, and use a flat additive number of meters to increase range.  Making Range mods useful on all melee weapons, instead of useless junk on low-range melee like Sparring/Daggers, and brokenly op on things like Whips.

You don't fix a problem by nerfing something that doesn't even cause the problem.  All that does is tick people off, because it's an objectively bad idea and the wrong way to solve the problem.

This is such a mess, Maiming can make several weapons deal a decent amount of damage, remove it (along Damage 2.5 that'll make Slash even more meta) and lots of gear'd become under-powered against the stupidly crazy armored enemies from high levels. I'd only agree about nerfing this kind of cheesy strategies (along with Slash procs, Blood Rush and anything else) as long as they'd nerf as well the scaling power of the enemies. Otherwise it'll just make the scaling problem a bigger issue.

Edited by Alangme

maiming strike isnt a problem.. blood rush gives you red crits so stop complaining about MS, but if they nerf BR it will directly affect maming and all the rivens with slide attack crit chance. Now this can really hurt economy and playerbase for DE. Some rives like scoliac, guandao are worth alot of platinum and it's a source of income for DE. I can only imagine the rage after nerfing red crits on melee weapons or even nerfing range only will create a "riot". We don't want that, do we? Keep it as it is. I'm here since 2k14 and i know a thing or two, spin to win bs gets boring pretty fast, trust me on that. I got maiming strike, bunch of rivens with slide crits and its not fun at all for me any longer. So, yeah it wont get nerfed any time soon for sure.. just get over it.

Edited by RoyalHaze

1 hour ago, dopey_opi said:

If you get what you want, I can already see you whining when you actually reach endgame content and high MR and opportunities for big plat aren't there anymore.  Whining that old high MR/endgame players had more/better opportunities than you did.  So stop advocating against your own interests

Well to be frank i wouldn't mind and my opinion, that it needs to be fixed, is something i really believe in and advocate for.I have a steady stream of plat from selling Syndicate Mods,farming prime parts and trading, so i'm not obsessed with maintaining a high value for my maiming strike. I don't imply ,of course, that everyone else is, but i can't factor out the fact that a lot of people have hoarded this mod, or paid an insane amount of plat for it and would hate to see it go down in value. But that's no reason to leave it as is , and if DE does decide to leave it ,at the very least, they could make it farmable as a sortie reward or in some other way.Perhaps even incorporate the acolytes as a farmable mission on the star map.

Edited by Yperkeimenos

55 minutes ago, RoyalHaze said:

maiming strike isnt a problem.. blood rush gives you red crits so stop complaining about MS

That may be the case, however blood rush depends on the melee counter for it to be effective and it has a reduced effect on weapons with very low critical chance. It doesn't give you critical hits almost immediately, the way MS does which trivializes the critical chance stat.

2 hours ago, Bobtm said:

Then you turn around and assume that everyone who disagrees only does so for selfish platinum based reasons, which is totally nonsensical.

No i didn't. Lets re read an excerpt from my post : 

14 hours ago, Yperkeimenos said:

I'm not saying that there aren't those players who actually consider it to be balanced or at least not overpowered, but come on, really? As if people who have spent thousands of plat, during the events, buying this mod in bulk, don't have an incentive to see it stay the same.

I specifically stated that i don't consider all players to be financially motivated, but it's a factor that can't be overlooked.

Edited by Yperkeimenos

59 minutes ago, Yperkeimenos said:

I specifically stated that i don't consider all players to be financially motivated, but it's a factor that can't be overlooked.

It's an irrelevant factor, since Maiming on its own or even with Blood Rush isn't an issue at all.  It's only when used with high Range melee that a problem begins, and those same high Range melee are still problematic if Maiming is nerfed.

3 minutes ago, Bobtm said:

It's an irrelevant factor, since Maiming on its own or even with Blood Rush isn't an issue at all.  It's only when used with high Range melee that a problem begins, and those same high Range melee are still problematic if Maiming is nerfed.

Well if it is irrelevant, then you wouldn't mind if it became farmable in a more permanent base, the way i recommended before.

1 hour ago, Yperkeimenos said:

But that's no reason to leave it as is , and if DE does decide to leave it ,at the very least, they could make it farmable as a sortie reward or in some other way.Perhaps even incorporate the acolytes as a farmable mission on the star map.

35 minutes ago, Yperkeimenos said:

Well if it is irrelevant, then you wouldn't mind if it became farmable in a more permanent base, the way i recommended before.

I do think the Acolytes should return much more regularly and/or (better if it's and) Maiming should be introduced into the normal drop tables properly like how Blood Rush is in Lua Spy.  That way folks get more shots at the Acolytes themselves, and Maiming is farmable elsewhere somehow whether they're here or not.

I was actually going to make a thread about this, but I agree. Due to the return of the acolytes, I've seen a major influx of people cheesing the game with spin2win maiming strike atterax builds. There's going to be a rising demand for nerfs now that everyone and their mother owns one.

Edited by Pizzarugi

Maybe I am doing something wrong, but I did not find maiming strike to be anywhere near as powerful as I was led to believe. Sure, it can take certain (groups of) enemies at certain levels down pretty fast, but when I spawned 20 corrupted heavy gunners (unrealistic situation of course) in the simulacrum and tried to take them down with spin attacks only, it took a lot of time and slide attacks. I tried this multiple times by changing the build a bit to see if it would get better but it really didn't, attacking with slide attacks felt really sluggish and bad. On the comparison, I tried using a normal condition overload build with my plague kripath that has 18% base crit and 25% base status chance, which I consider one of the stupidest weapons/builds I have ingame in the terms of time-to-kill a high level (armored) enemy, and it took only seconds to dispatch a group of those enemies and a little more to get rid of them all.

Edited by runx0

9 hours ago, Yperkeimenos said:

Well to be frank i wouldn't mind and my opinion, that it needs to be fixed, is something i really believe in and advocate for.I have a steady stream of plat from selling Syndicate Mods,farming prime parts and trading, so i'm not obsessed with maintaining a high value for my maiming strike. I don't imply ,of course, that everyone else is, but i can't factor out the fact that a lot of people have hoarded this mod, or paid an insane amount of plat for it and would hate to see it go down in value. But that's no reason to leave it as is , and if DE does decide to leave it ,at the very least, they could make it farmable as a sortie reward or in some other way.Perhaps even incorporate the acolytes as a farmable mission on the star map.

To summarize OP's sentiment in this thread

"I had big plans to get a pile of maiming strikes this event and I got 0.  I'm really jelly of people who managed to pull 3 or more..it takes me a week of scamming noobs in trade to make the plat just one of those sells for!!  It's just not fair!"

Seriously I think it's not the pile of dead mobs at the end of someones weapon with maiming that bothers you...it's the mountain of plat some people will be making off it in a few months (which you won't).

They did nerf maiming strike when they removed Naramon shadow step.

More importantly: what party pooper asks for weapon nerfs in a PVE game?!? We're supposed to be as powerful as possible working together. 

17 hours ago, FataL-Flaw said:

To summarize OP's sentiment in this thread

"I had big plans to get a pile of maiming strikes this event and I got 0.  I'm really jelly of people who managed to pull 3 or more..it takes me a week of scamming noobs in trade to make the plat just one of those sells for!!  It's just not fair!"

Seriously I think it's not the pile of dead mobs at the end of someones weapon with maiming that bothers you...it's the mountain of plat some people will be making off it in a few months (which you won't).

Unless you have access to my inventory and actually know how many i have or don't have, i wouldn't make such bold claims. And i'm not scamming anyone, not only that but i find you insinuation that i'm a scammer insulting. Either offer constructive arguments or crawl back to whatever pit you crawled out of.

Edited by Yperkeimenos

15 minutes ago, mHtt said:

More importantly: what party pooper asks for weapon nerfs in a PVE game?!? We're supposed to be as powerful as possible working together. 

Because some people in groups don't like to have their gameplay trivialized by someone cheesing the mission with spin2win atterax metas. I want to use my baza to kill this group of enemies, but too late, this valkyr came out of left field and wasted them all in one slide attack. And at the end of the mission, that same player turned out to do 75%+ of the team's damage entirely by coptoring. How fun.

And I know this is going to come up, but I don't think I should have to find a group in LFG just to run a single random mission if I want to avoid this trivializing nonsense. If anything, the people who are cheesing the game should just set their matchmaking to solo. They literally don't need teammates, they're doing just fine by themselves.

Also inb4 "you mad cuz you didn't get maiming strike". I already own 1 and got 2 more from the acolytes returning. Find a different strawman.

Edited by Pizzarugi