Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Trinity bad in public groups?

NineChameleon

Honestly, I think only a Chroma could be mad at a Trinity. I was doing a fissure the other day with my Trinity and I noticed that a Chroma kept getting as far away from me as possible. It dawned on me that I might be messing with his Vex armor. I've never been in opposite situation, so I don't know if Blessing really messes with Vex armor or not. So I only give energy near the Chroma and run away to do blessing.

It seems like that guy was angry 'cause he wanted to stay longer. If the group doesn't gel or people bleeding out from too much(unless I'm Trin, of course), I'm out.

Also, you may get people angry at you for taking your Trin away early. Or there's the Quake-shees (banshees that only know how to do her 4th) that stalk you in the mission and get angry if you don't give them energy so that they can keep doing the same move over and over. #SonarBanshee4Life Otherwise, most people love a Trinity.

Well... I do extract at 10 unless the temmates are want to go more, because I want to farm the Neo M1 Relic(10% on A reward), and A reward has 70% of giving you a Neo relic. After sticked in Hydron for some days and it was proved that I am not alone - most missions what I have played were ended on round 10(or 5), actually.

Edited by DroopingPuppy

Bless/link trin with 5 forma Lenz. Immortal, makes team immortal and kills everything. Its how I've been rolling lately. Super fun.  

Also, nobody in random starchart missions gets to comment on what frame you should/shouldn't bring, feel free to tell them to f off, it's not the type of content where you need meta setups.

Edited by Berdfess

1 hour ago, DroopingPuppy said:

Well... I do extract at 10 unless the temmates are want to go more, because I want to farm the Neo M1 Relic(10% on A reward), and A reward has 70% of giving you a Neo relic. After sticked in Hydron for some days and it was proved that I am not alone - most missions what I have played were ended on round 10(or 5), actually.

And this is the problem. I have nothing against you personally, but I despise running into people that do this, and it's been a plague ever since Chains of Harrow dropped. Affinity gains double after wave 10, meaning a single run to wave 20 is worth three runs to wave 10 for about half the total time spent, if not quicker. Bring a single weapon and Frame, both unranked, and you'll have both maxed by 20 if you have a booster. Even full loadouts will be nearly max at that point. Yet constantly people extract at 10, forcing everyone to re-run the mission over and over. It's become increasingly common to the point of being infuriating.

So as to the OP, yes, the comment was made to you because you left at wave 10. Their exact language was unnecessary (and really, they should feel ashamed for having said it), but I understand the sentiment behind it. Stay smart, people. Don't leave at 10.

25 minutes ago, EmissaryOfInfinity said:

And this is the problem. I have nothing against you personally, but I despise running into people that do this, and it's been a plague ever since Chains of Harrow dropped. Affinity gains double after wave 10, meaning a single run to wave 20 is worth three runs to wave 10 for about half the total time spent, if not quicker. Bring a single weapon and Frame, both unranked, and you'll have both maxed by 20 if you have a booster. Even full loadouts will be nearly max at that point. Yet constantly people extract at 10, forcing everyone to re-run the mission over and over. It's become increasingly common to the point of being infuriating.

So as to the OP, yes, the comment was made to you because you left at wave 10. Their exact language was unnecessary (and really, they should feel ashamed for having said it), but I understand the sentiment behind it. Stay smart, people. Don't leave at 10.

So what you're saying is you're annoyed by people who leave at Wave 10 because you can't leech as efficiently?

For Relic farming, it's more efficient to leave at Wave 10. Why does exp farming take priority?

If you want to farm exp specifically, make a group for it. If you want to farm Relics specifically, make a group for it. If you go in public, expect things not to go exactly as you want them to, some will want to stay, some will want to go. Public is not anyone's personal fireteam that should cater to that person's specific needs.

If OP or anyone else wants to leave at Wave 5, 10, 15 or whatever, they are completely free to do so, and shouldn't be judged or hated for it.

Edited by (XB1)AyersyBears
Clarification.

Just now, (Xbox One)AyersyBears said:

-snip-

Leech? Pal, I'm MR23, my Frames and weapons have almost everything right out the gates. I usually leave with top damage. It's just a matter of getting a group to stick around for the Affinity bonus, which makes a massive difference in overall gains.

And the reason I get so annoyed by them leaving? As I said, before Chains of Harrow, it was easy to get groups that would stay until wave 15 or 20. Nowadays it's difficult to find one that stays past 5. It's honestly a waste of time to even start an endless mission anymore, since you can run a non-endless and get about the same results. It's a matter of expectation and past experience conflicting with the current interests of a userbase that's been flooded by new players.

And with all that said, I do run public for the entertainment of unpredictability. If I were more serious about doing XP runs, I'd get a group from recruitment. It's simply annoying that, recently at least, I start missions with the expectation to settle in for a while and relax as I slaughter baddies, only to get tossed back to my Orbiter every five minutes because nobody wants to stick around past the first sign of a Hyekka Master, despite the fact that I can comfortably carry whole squads to wave 20 and beyond (being Vazarin-focused helps with that).

15 hours ago, NineChameleon said:

What's the deal? Cause this has made me a little too nervous to go public again with Trinity as I keep thinking I am doing something wrong.

Dude every one likes a trinity, they love it even more if it was a full spec EV or  bless build.

The point being if you like the frame play it. Ignore the apples, they are rare but they do exist, they just have not had their cup of unicorn milk... yet.

16 hours ago, NineChameleon said:

Someone was in my group, I believe we got to wave 10 then we all decided to leave, except him. When we load out of the mission I see he has written in chat: 

You're not the problem, he is.  That's not appropriate Tenno behavior and actually against the TOC. 

His opinion is meaningless.  You had fun, be glad he's gone.

Also, I love seeing a Trinity in a group of randos!  She's a great frame and adds a lot to the team.

Edited by FreeWilliam

14 hours ago, WindigoTP said:

As far as I can tell, Trinity in PUG is just useless.

As someone who plays Trin frequently in PuGs, what I find is I never see my so-called teammates again after about one minute into the mission. 

Kinda hard to help people that aren't in affinity range.

I generally (almost exclusively) play as a Link/Blessing Trin and I can drag my team to victory in the most appalling circumstances. However, what usually happens is they jet off to parts unknown and die lonely deaths in dark corners of the map. 

Can i propose the OP takes up basic logic course because arriving at a conclusion that a particular frame is bad in public because of one rude, but unrelated, remark is quite special. Or just attention seeking headline from a precious snowflake.

@EmissaryOfInfinity, you have to realise that most people levelling their gear have no idea that you would be able to carry all the way  to 20. Those setups are, most of the time, weak, i have been a part of group that could not beat the Stalker (!) - just shrugged and moved on. Maybe communicating in the beginning of the round 'stick around till 20, i don't mind carrying' would help?

I guess the guy was just annoyed when everyone left at round 10. But this is not your fault, if you want to leave then leave. 

But its really annoying if you want to farm focus and go a bit higher on hydron and everyone leaves, over and over again. The problem is the game  spawns less enemies then. If everyone leaves there should be a option to keep the enemies on a spawn rate like with 4 players. Otherwise its just a waste of time to keep running it solo, due to less enemies spawning.

so if everyone leaves and i feel like i want to go for another 10-20 rounds solo with decent enemies spawning there is no current option available. Thats why some people might get angered if their groups keep leaving over and over after a couple of rounds.

16 minutes ago, MA6PIE said:

Can i propose the OP takes up basic logic course because arriving at a conclusion that a particular frame is bad in public because of one rude, but unrelated, remark is quite special. Or just attention seeking headline from a precious snowflake.

@EmissaryOfInfinity, you have to realise that most people levelling their gear have no idea that you would be able to carry all the way  to 20. Those setups are, most of the time, weak, i have been a part of group that could not beat the Stalker (!) - just shrugged and moved on. Maybe communicating in the beginning of the round 'stick around till 20, i don't mind carrying' would help?

Trust me, there are plenty of reasons. But I need no logic course. I haven't arrived at a conclusion, that is why I am asking on here. Isn't it?

I wanted to ask, because I have seen so much stuff around on various sites pertaining to Warframe about various frame being considered good or bad etc etc. So much so that I, as a newbie going into endgame have NO IDEA what I should be doing. Whether what I am playing is good or bad. The last thing I want is for people to leave groups I am in because I am going against a meta I don't even know about. 

No way.

Trinity is like the best teammate to have around.

Free energy and health.

What more can people want?

That guy who scolded you most likely just wants to go till level 20 but can't do it himself so he was hoping to be carried.

Ignore such people.

Play a game to have fun so if you like playing as a support, trinity is awesome.

In fact, she can even be a tank.

Fair enough, i might have been harsh.

Folks wanting to do more than 10, i think communication is the key and ability to carry to 20. Most will leave because they feel their 'build'/gear are not up to the task and they cash out early.

yes

her presence is pointless on about 90% of the galaxy map

vets with half a brain use ember-like frames to end the mission quickly

newbies can't do anything with the extra energy

her bless is pointless with a geared team

EV is pointless with a geared team

the other two abilities are a meme

most use she has are in raids, sorties or other ability spamming heavy missions, thus she's purely an end game cooperative frame

20 minutes ago, Sovyul said:

yes

vets with half a brain use ember-like frames to end the mission quickly

newbies can't do anything with the extra energy

the other two abilities are a meme

most use she has are in raids, sorties or other ability spamming heavy missions, thus she's purely an end game cooperative frame

Uh, okay.

What would be considered Ember like? 

I have Banshee? 

Maybe Mag?

I have Mirage but I don't think I am using her right.... 

(I don't even know how to get ember >_<)

2 minutes ago, NineChameleon said:

Uh, okay.

What would be considered Ember like? 

I have Banshee? 

Maybe Mag?

I have Mirage but I don't think I am using her right.... 

(I don't even know how to get ember >_<)

Ember's Blueprint is available in the market for credits, the rest of her parts are obtained by defeating Sargus Ruk on Saturn.

That being said, I'd ignore what that person said to be honest. "Vets with half a brain" can use whatever they wan't, just like every other player. If you enjoyed playing Trinity, then play her. She is useful, she gives energy and health to anyone within affinity range, and only an insane person would complain that they were getting that.

Speed and efficiency isn't everything, and is definitely not that important for a new player. Having fun is the priority, and if you have fun with Trinity, then continue to do so.

If you plan to keep playing Hydron in public, I'd get used to people complaining. Unfortunately it happens quite a lot in that node, but I wouldn't take any notice of it. Someone left my game because I was playing Zephyr. I just carried on to Wave 20 with everyone else just fine.

I cannot put enough emphasis on play what you want. If you at least try and actively contribute to completing the mission objective, and don't purposefully try to troll other people, then you're completely fine. If someone has a problem with what frame/ weapon/ colour scheme you're using in a public game, then tough. They can either leave or deal with it.

PS: I find it mighty hilarious how many people assume that the player base in general runs well rounded sustained builds and not edgy dps hogging builds.

If I receive 1 plat for each time I have seen an Atterax Memer bite the dust or "caster frame" getting zoned by corpus, I would be a rich dude.

45 minutes ago, Sovyul said:

Not strictly necessary, no. Useful in certain circumstances, yes. 

45 minutes ago, Sovyul said:

Depends what the team is geared for. If the team is built with no survivability mods and relies on Trin for same, then it's not pointless. Multiple maximum EHP Valkyrs? Yeah, they don't care. 

47 minutes ago, Sovyul said:

Depends what the team is geared for. If the team is built around maximum power with negative efficiency, then EV looks pretty good indeed. If you're running with builds with maximized efficiency and/or durations, they don't care. 

Well from my experience, playing a Trin seem to attract the "special" kind of players.

I've had this dude insisting that I'm bad for not having 2 second EV despite the fact that bless is letting him face tank sortie mobs. But, that doesn't prevent the magnetic procs from the sortie condition.

I've also been told that using link means I'm not "playing it right" because "who uses that just EV".

There are also players that seem to think bless has unlimited range.

So yeah. I guess it's all part of playing support characters. I used to let people die in other games when I monk/cleric/priest when they run their trap but it's not too viable here unless you don't mind killing your whole squad.

On 2017. 12. 29. at 9:43 AM, (PS4)Yes-Man-Kablaam said:

Trinity saves bad public groups so she's one of the best for them.

Now if i can just fashion with her prime skin x.x she gives me trouble there.

Buy her deluxe skin. It is quite nice with the right colors.