The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Has Loss Its Special Orginal Facture Endgame The old Lost Void

(PSN)Assassinfox3k

As I been online through the years as you see they always see we use to have skill on everything. All the new people complain what ever we get and it is easy I am mastery rank 18 or 19 and love the old void. Their use to be constant balance between enemy levels and missions from the old void system. The grind was so much better now it's a hassle you get how much parts you want from rotation a, b and c and could get unlimited parts as the enemies levels gets harder. Warframe use to be about skill not just about grinding loot for the shiny things in life but a meaning most new players don't even know how to mod their warframes fight and complain the grinding is hard. Nobody likes the one RELIC garbage system you threw at us De. Most of my elite old friends miss when skill was involved and nobody plays online no more but me. Who miss fusion cores,  and all mod slots were worth more than end. Warframe also was worth more because they was harder to FARM 300- 1000 and mods were hidden along places worth big plat. Warframes all had a special occurrence which made them special on defence missions you actually need skill to play the lasers go on and could wipe you out one shot mag could greedy pull and grab items 

It was said last year with Specters of the Rail and it is being said again. You just have to live with the relic system. Endless modes have really dried up, and in addition, revives are now super easy to burn through, so there is barely any team play outside of playing with friends. RIP T3S, you will be missed.

The relic system is liked by the majority because it makes everything easier to farm. I personally preferred the key system as Prime Access farms are done within hours instead of days. I used to spend a week getting my ash prime set, but with Mirage and Hydroid? I farmed the entire Prime Access in less than 6 hours. They are also no fun because within 4 hours, the entire Prime Access is worth less than 600p. Ash alone was 1000 for solid couple days on his release.

Edited by --Q--Voltage

1 minute ago, --Q--Voltage said:

It was said last year with Specters of the Rail and it is being said again. You just have to live with the relic system. Endless modes have really dried up, and in addition, revives are now super easy to burn through, so there is barely any team play outside of playing with friends. RIP T3S, you will be missed.

So true thanks for your understanding I miss the competition and dojo fights was more common.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Assassinfox3k said:

I miss the competition.

Not to make you feel worse or anything, but this is also starting to dwindle (possibly). On December 5th, Steve tweeted that Operation: Plague Star was a test for an "everybody wins" situation. This event had no leader-boards, and frankly it makes me sad that the competition within clan events is dying so everyone is handed a gold trophy for trying. I hope we get competative events in the future, but right now, there really is not much to do once you complete everything the game has to offer (Plains of Eidolon, Sorties, and Focus).

il y a 24 minutes, (PS4)Assassinfox3k a dit :

The grind was so much better now it's a hassle.

You had to wait 20 minutes to get the chance at one good reward. "Better" is subjective.

Warframe use to be about skill

Warframe used to be about camping into Void Sewer with Vauban, Trinity and Nekros.
Now you can actually add some variety to it.

Most new players don't even know how to mod their warframes fight and complain the grinding is hard.

They just need to learn, you learned, I learned, they will learn.
They're new players, they don't instantly get thrown into the void and receive the enlightenment of the modding god.

Nobody likes the one RELIC garbage system you threw at us De.

Your opinion is your opinion. I think quite differently.

Who miss fusion cores

I sure don't miss them, having to select 550+ golden cores and farming one singular mission for 10 hours a day to level up one mod was a hassle, boring at most.

Warframe also was worth more because they was harder to FARM 300- 1000 and mods were hidden along places worth big plat. Warframes all had a special occurrence which made them special on defence missions you actually need skill to play the lasers go on and could wipe you out one shot mag could greedy pull and grab items 

Warframe was worth more because it was "Harder" to farm? The term you're looking for is "Longer".
There's no hardship in blasting a Tonkor grenade down Sewer in a Vauban Vortex and dealing 2 million damage in the hope of getting that one Prime system at 60 minutes in a T4 survival.

As for the rest, I really don't know what stretch you're going for.
There was no skill to be had when playing laser beside turning off nullifiers from time to time, even less since you mentioned Greedy Pull, which means : "Mesa Aim-bot Peacemaker timeline whilst infinite loots and energy"

Edited by (PS4)XxDarkyanxX

3 minutes ago, (PS4)XxDarkyanxX said:

You had to wait 20 minutes to get the chance at one good reward. "Better" is subjective.

Warframe used to be about camping into Void Sewer with Vauban, Trinity and Nekros.
Now you can actually add some variety to it.

They just need to learn, you learned, I learned, they will learn.
They're new players, they don't instantly get thrown into the void and receive the enlightenment of the modding god.

Your opinion is your opinion. I think quite differently.

I sure don't miss them, having to select 550+ golden cores and farming one singular mission for 10 hours a day to level up one mod was a hassle, boring at most.

Warframe was worth more because it was "Harder" to farm? The term you're looking for is "Longer".
There's no hardship in blasting a Tonkor grenade down Sewer in a Vauban Vortex and dealing 2 million damage in the hope of getting that one Prime system at 60 minutes in a T4 survival.

As for the rest, I really don't know what stretch you're going for.
There was no skill to be had when playing laser beside turning off nullifiers from time to time, even less since you mentioned Greedy Pull, which means : "Mesa Aim-bot Peacemaker timeline whilst infinite loots and energy"

Lol I mean' t that as a joking part low level players would always turn on the lasers and kill everyone but that' one thing that made the days good. A lot of players don't know how to mod their weapons before and now still to today which isn't hard. When I was rank 5 I stayed at the void grinding it out tell I got all the primes no money spent. I would do t4 survival and get 5 fusion cores every 20 waves but thanks for your opinion now and days everyone just follow De. Their is so many fanboys in this community lol

I am guessing English is a second language for the OP because that was first post was...

Warframe is changing all the time. I personally like the old Void system but I can see the merits of the Fissure system. Still, there is nothing stopping anyone from doing 8 hour void survivals. Hell, if a Fissure happens on Mot, there is nothing stopping anyone from "re living the past" with the added benefit of Corrupted Buffs every five minutes.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)DBR87 said:

I am guessing English is a second language for the OP because that was first post was...

Warframe is changing all the time. I personally like the old Void system but I can see the merits of the Fissure system. Still, there is nothing stopping anyone from doing 8 hour void survivals. Hell, if a Fissure happens on Mot, there is nothing stopping anyone from "re living the past" with the added benefit of Corrupted Buffs every five minutes.

Sounds good or a cool concept idea is to have a 10 man on Warframe for a big boss raid battle sounds cool to me and keep the relics and have keys all accessible to everyone at the same time.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)DBR87 said:

Still, there is nothing stopping anyone from doing 8 hour void survivals. Hell, if a Fissure happens on Mot, there is nothing stopping anyone from "re living the past" with the added benefit of Corrupted Buffs every five minutes.

People used to do long survival runs to get the best reward/investment ratio. Getting 50 reward with just one Key. Now you have to spend a relic every five minutes, that means staying longer only rewards you with the Corrupted buffs, which is pretty useless (except the upgraded relics).

33 minutes ago, (PS4)Assassinfox3k said:

now and days everyone just follow De. Their is so many fanboys in this community lol

Actually, this makes no sense. I like Warframe. I want to play Warframe. I still enjoy killing things while looking fresh af, feeling overpowered. I also play it because it relieves stress, is a good way to unwind. Just because I was once used to the old Void Tower system of grinding doesn't mean I'm a fanboy without any critical thinking skills. It means I still like what Warframe is and want to play it, when time allows.

With regards to prime parts, mods, and cores losing their market value, yes, the market has drastically changed. It seems the best monetary investment these days are Arcanes (still) and more recently Rivens. (Could be wrong, I haven't been active in the markets for a while. When I am, I still sell old stuff I'm used to selling, if people want them.)

30 minutes ago, (PS4)DBR87 said:

Unnecessary comment is unnecessary. The post needed more clarity and didn't observe the rules of grammar, but it was very legible. I understood it and so did everyone else who has posted. Warframe is an international community. As long as you understand a member's post, respond to their actual points, highlight the error of their logic and their conclusions. When I don't understand (and can't begin to), I just don't respond. 

Edited by Rhekemi

14 minutes ago, Rhekemi said:

Actually, this makes no sense. I like Warframe. I want to play Warframe. I still enjoy killing things while looking fresh af, feeling overpowered. I also play it because it relieves stress, is a good way to unwind. Just because I was once used to the old Void Tower system of grinding doesn't mean I'm a fanboy without any critical thinking skills. It means I still like what Warframe is and want to play it, when time allows.

With regards to prime parts, mods, and cores losing their market value, yes, the market has drastically changed. It seems the best monetary investment these days are Arcanes (still) and more recently Rivens. (Could be wrong, I haven't been active in the markets for a while. When I am, I still sell old stuff I'm used to selling, if people want them.)

Unnecessary comment is unnecessary. The post needed more clarity and didn't observe the rules of grammar, but it was very legible. I understood it and so did everyone else who has posted. Warframe is an international community. As long as you understand a member's post, respond to their actual points, highlight the error of their logic and their conclusions. When I don't understand (and can't begin to), I just don't respond. 

It was "legible" because it was "typed" and you quoting the top portion of my comment and ignoring the rest doesn't make my comment unnecessary. If you'd chill with the "policing the internets' manners thing you would see I did respond to one of the OP's points about how getting Primes used to work and how they can still relive that.

Not like I called them a name or anything, just insinuated the OP first post took a few seconds of deciphering because of numerous rules of the English language broken. OP didn't seemed bothered by my comment, and even if they where, to what offense could they take when it contained no direct insult?

@Oru5732 Yeah, I was around for that. Like I said, I like the old Void Key System. Had a lot of fun with it and keys went a long way when it came to making plat. But I do like the variety that the Fissure system brings. And like you mentioned, the upgraded relic every 5 waves was a good addition they patched in.

Edited by (PS4)DBR87

2 minutes ago, (PS4)DBR87 said:

Not like I called them a name or anything, just insinuated the OP first post took a few seconds of deciphering because of numerous rules of the English language broken. 

This is precisely why it was unnecessary; you understood his post, even if eventually. The portion of your comment I quoted served no purpose. (I didn't quote the rest because it served a purpose.)

1 minute ago, Rhekemi said:

This is precisely why it was unnecessary; you understood his post, even if eventually. The portion of your comment I quoted served no purpose. (I didn't quote the rest because it served a purpose.)

The irony is the post I am quoting now is about as unnecessarily off topic to the thread as my first sentence you originally quoted. Guess we're just going to waste each other's time in a circle of off topic quoting and replying then, huh?

11 minutes ago, (PS4)DBR87 said:

The irony is the post I am quoting now is about as unnecessarily off topic to the thread as my first sentence you originally quoted. Guess we're just going to waste each other's time in a circle of off topic quoting and replying then, huh?

I don't think taking time to consider (and reconsider) to how we interact with one another as a community is waste of time. My comment's purpose is to ask you to reconsider openly calling attention to another member's lack of grammatical clarity (and not having English as their first language) because this is an international community and because it served no purpose in the debate/discussion.

I could have said this much in a PM, I admit. As the day goes on, I'll likely come to the conclusion that I should have used a PM.

Edited by Rhekemi

1 hour ago, (PS4)Assassinfox3k said:

As I been online through the years as you see they always see we use to have skill on everything. All the new people complain what ever we get and it is easy I am mastery rank 18 or 19 and love the old void. Their use to be constant balance between enemy levels and missions from the old void system. The grind was so much better now it's a hassle you get how much parts you want from rotation a, b and c and could get unlimited parts as the enemies levels gets harder. Warframe use to be about skill not just about grinding loot for the shiny things in life but a meaning most new players don't even know how to mod their warframes fight and complain the grinding is hard. Nobody likes the one RELIC garbage system you threw at us De. Most of my elite old friends miss when skill was involved and nobody plays online no more but me. Who miss fusion cores,  and all mod slots were worth more than end. Warframe also was worth more because they was harder to FARM 300- 1000 and mods were hidden along places worth big plat. Warframes all had a special occurrence which made them special on defence missions you actually need skill to play the lasers go on and could wipe you out one shot mag could greedy pull and grab items 

Er, what?

The old Void took no skill, just a META loadout and the ability to sit in one place for an hour or more, especially if you had a halfway decent Frost, Nova and Corpus Killer Mag.  And the lasers took no skill at all to use or even dodge.  Hek, this is coming from someone who plays Tenno Tag with the lasers - they weren't that hard a thing to master.  Just needed timing and situational awareness.

The Relic system may take more effort and have a lesser return in terms of spare Prime parts, but it has reduced and improved the grind for many players, myself included.   Would it be nice to have the option of picking Relic rewards sans a Relic?  Yes.  But overall, the system isn't worse than the original one.  

The Warframes lore and, for the most part, abilities haven't changed enough to claim they aren't special anymore.  If anything, due to how some abilities have changed to interact directly with your mods and even other Warframe abilities, they've become more special than the era you're pining for. 

I could try and tackle all of your points, but I think I'll stick to just those two.  Mainly because I could go full #triggered over your Mag and Greedy Pull comment, but who needs that in their lives?

I have to say that i just plain disagree with everything you said. I really didn't like the relic system when i first got back into the game a couple months ago, but now that i understand it, i like it way better than the old system in every way. I don't wanna list all the reason, but the main reason is i can actually get the things i want if i focus on getting it. The biggest reason i quit warframe back 2-3 years ago was because the grind was unbearable! I spent 2 freaking weeks farming keys and 60 min void to try and get wyrm systems nonstop for like 4hrs a day average. Never got it. It's not fun and it would be even worse now because of how many prime parts there would be if stuff didn't get vaulted. How is spending a full months worth of gaming on the same lvls and game types to MAYBE get 1 warframe and 2 weapons fun? as someone who came almost directly from the old system with no "inbetween" to cloud my vision, I very much like how the game is now better than before. Still not a fan of the hopping along walls instead of running, but pretty much everything else is great and getting even better with updates.

IMO

Edited by Betsill

2 hours ago, (PS4)Assassinfox3k said:

Warframe use to be about skill not just about grinding loot for the shiny things in life

Sonny jim, old void was a text book example of grind.

And the last time Warframe took skill was before Frost or at most before corrupted mods.

go run this mission, you may hate (like I hate every mission type that is not defense), for 20 minutes to have a roll with a 2% chance for the item you want

old Void was cancer and had to be neutered.

running the same mission in the same tileset for all eternity became quite stale.

Someone already suggested in another forum post that they could make a new refinement type that would cost insane amounts of traces, but at the same time it would give multiple rewards in endless missions. So this would satisfy some of us that miss those hour long void runs and actually give us some endgame challenge.

7 hours ago, (PS4)Assassinfox3k said:

I feel your pain