Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Since Umbra frames are basically dark primes, DE I have a request

(PSN)Ch1b1N1njaGam1ng

Please make it the polar opposite of Excalibur/Prime. What I mean is this: Instead of a damage frame, Make it solely a stealth frame With completely different abilities and powers.

Same with all the other frames you want to umbra. Completely mirror them. Examples: Trinity Umbra: Damage frame. Ember Umbra: Support Frame

hmm, we dont even know the lore about umbras, as far as we know they are just "prime" warframe that went kinda rogue and rejected the tenno, i dont see reason why they would even have different habilities. in fact excalibur might be the only one. (dont quote devstreams about this from 2 years ago, not even DE knew what they had planed for umbra back then)

Edited by JeyciKon

bizarre idea, not a bad idea though.

Personally i would dip this. Still, DE would have alot of work on they hand if this is the case since the amount of unbalance between the Frame are already a thing that need piority

Edited by Doforcash

Personally, I am strongly against alt-frames. If Umbra is just a variant of Excal, then I don't want them. We already have Primes. Umbra would just be another arbitrary thing to level.

The only way I might be okay with it is if the frame had a different kit.

But I would much rather Umbra be either cosmetic, or some kind of class-up mechanic.

1 hour ago, (PS4)BlitzKeir said:

Personally, I am strongly against alt-frames. If Umbra is just a variant of Excal, then I don't want them. We already have Primes. Umbra would just be another arbitrary thing to level.

The only way I might be okay with it is if the frame had a different kit.

It's a valid concern, but I don't doubt DE will bring an interesting mechanic, gimmick, or perhaps entirely new abilities with Umbra. If we're aware of what Primes are, and what Umbra could be, then surely DE is as well. I don't expect them to succumb to a "just another skin" pratfall with Umbra.

In terms of their origin, I pose a question.

Let's assume that Umbra are rogue Warframes, a sort of ronin if you will, having no Operator or external influence or control. How would we play them? If what makes them special is that they are "wild", using transference on them to control them kind of removes that. Perhaps some entirely new system or mechanic will be introduced along with them.

Edited by WhiteCr0w

5 hours ago, (PS4)BlitzKeir said:

But I would much rather Umbra be either cosmetic, or some kind of class-up mechanic.

Agreed. I'd honestly rather not take different abilities. If I'm playing as a frame with the word 'Excalibur' in its name, I expect it to have Excalibur's abilities.

Edited by LazerSkink

Hmm..that's interesting!

I had this similar idea in the past too.

Will be better off than having just another carbon copy of Prime though.

Unfortunately, I think most others won't share your view though, they just want Excal Prime 2.0.

They don't take the other Umbras that come after him into consideration and considering this approach of just changing some numerical values are easier for DE, be prepared for a new line of Primes 2.0.

23 hours ago, (PS4)BlitzKeir said:

If Umbra is just a variant of Excal, then I don't want them. We already have Primes.

that is the reason for excalibur umbra, almost no-one can have excal prime variant so the umbra is a replacement for those who do not have the prime, and excalibur is likelly the only frame getting an umbra version.

2 hours ago, xcenic said:

Plz STOP

Just stop

This is cancel 

Pure cancel. Just stop spaming the Umbra word every 2 minute. Just plz.....plzzz stop. 

Is just a skin.

What are you talking about? Hardly anyone discusses Umbra anymore. Discussion is only flaring up now because of The Sacrifice.

And it's not a skin. I would prefer a skin over a new frame, but there is a mountain of evidence to the contrary, including a statement from Steve shortly after TennoCon 2016: "Umbra won't just be another frame with slight stat differences [...]" The leaked Umbra Excal frame in the PC version. The original Chinese version being a separate frame. Leaked documentation showing that what Umbra is conceptually has changed at least twice in the last two years. If ever DE had determined Umbra should be a skin, it was only for a brief period toward the beginning.